Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Interview with actor Bruce Boxleitner aka TRON!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:22 AM

Who's that guy?

That's Tron -- he fights for the Users…!"

Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn asking another program in the digital world who the gladiator engaged in an intense disc battle is -- in the original “Tron” (1982)

Pictures (left to right): TRON in his 1982 setting, and in the 2010 LEGACY sequel.

With the original 1982 TRON movie and its 2010 sequel TRON: LEGACY making their debuts on the Hi-Definition Blu-Ray format this week -- TRON himself: actor Bruce Boxleitner -- and I sat down for a chat, as part of my ongoing LA Times coverage of the TRON saga.

We spoke about his portrayal of the iconic sci-fi character, his experiences with fans at conventions and events, and the history and future of the TRON saga. Boxleitner had just finished recording the second episode of the upcoming TRON animated series TRON: UPRISING -- which debuts Fall 2012 on the Disney X D channel, and he was very excited as to how the animation and stories were coming along. He of course will be voicing TRON for the series -- with stories that take place between both TRON movies.

Click on the above photos of TRON to read on...!

- Jaywhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

typicaltronname
User

RE: Interview with actor Bruce Boxleitner aka TRON!

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:39 AM
You got to talk to Bruce Boxleitner....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have geeked out at that moment. Anyways, this was a great interview, program.

Plenty of intelligent questions to boot, too.

No "OMG YOU'RE BRUCE BOXLEITNER!! YOU'RE TRON!!!" (maybe a little of that in your head, ey? ) but this is an actual solid review which really compliments the release of the films on Blu-Ray very well.

Thanks for the post, WorldOutWest. Really enjoyed it.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:43 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:You got to talk to Bruce Boxleitner....

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have geeked out at that moment. Anyways, this was a great interview, program.

Plenty of intelligent questions to boot, too.

No "OMG YOU'RE BRUCE BOXLEITNER!! YOU'RE TRON!!!" (maybe a little of that in your head, ey? ) but this is an actual solid review which really compliments the release of the films on Blu-Ray very well.

Thanks for the post, WorldOutWest. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks "typicaltronname" -- and nice handle by the way...!

I have chats with Joe Kosinksi (Director of TRON: LEGACY), Steven Lisberger (Director of TRON), and Eric Barba (TRON: LEGACY VFX Supervisor) that will be coming up -- so definitely check back for those!

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

tronleitner
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:47 AM
Thanks for sharing this interview with us, Jay. Those were good questions and answers going back and forth between you and Bruce.

I really like Bruce, he seems like a very down to earth guy based on the other live interviews I've seen. It's very rare for young actors these days to be modest. He seems very smart too! I hope we see more interviews with him digging deeper into the Tron character.

Cheers!

TRON: Fighting for the users since 1982!

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:59 AM
tronleitner Wrote:Thanks for sharing this interview with us, Jay. Those were good questions and answers going back and forth between you and Bruce.

I really like Bruce, he seems like a very down to earth guy based on the other live interviews I've seen. It's very rare for young actors these days to be modest. He seems very smart too! I hope we see more interviews with him digging deeper into the Tron character.

Cheers!

Thanks "tronleitner" -- glad you enjoyed it (and cool avatar pic by the way..!).

Bruce is definitely a cool cat -- really mellow and pleasant to chat with, and you can see
the pride he has in his legacy (very appropriate pun there!) of the TRON character -- he really appreciates the fans' support, and he certainly enjoys the TRON universe. The animated series TRON: UPRISING looks and sounds like it's going to be amazing too..!

Vinz
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 7:19 AM
I don't want to just repeat what others have already said, but I just had to comment. Great interview, and great questions. So great to get an interview from a fan's perspective, and not "well, TRON was made like 30 years ago... that's a long time". Very well done, WorldOutWest.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 7:51 AM
Vinz Wrote:I don't want to just repeat what others have already said, but I just had to comment. Great interview, and great questions. So great to get an interview from a fan's perspective, and not "well, TRON was made like 30 years ago... that's a long time". Very well done, WorldOutWest.

Thanks "Vinz"...!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

RenegadeProgram
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 12:28 PM
WorldOutWest, as they say, "You Da Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Thanks for all your contributions and tireless combing of the earth to get us Tronites the information we crave. I'll definitely check out the interview, and I'm going to use that pic of Tron 1.0 and Tron 2.0 as a desktop and as proof to all the people complaining about, "Well we didn't see Tron in Tron: Legacy". Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Renegade Programon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Fighting for TRON, The USERS, Both Flynns, Independents, and the mighty ISOs since '82.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 1:21 PM
Wonderful job on the interview! We should be grateful for Mr. Boxleitner to still be alive to continue his great work from his cancer scare.

Hats off to Bruce as well!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

IsoLine
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 1:30 PM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Bruce in a few conventions in the past (I was probably one of the people that pestered him about TRON when he was trying to promote B5) and he has always been gracious and giving to his fans. Great interview!abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

Magus
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 1:58 PM
Fantastic piece, Jay! I hope Bruce makes his way out to Pittsburgh sometime for one of the cons.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:09 PM
Thanks @Pilgrim1099 @IsoLine @Magus -- !

Boxleitner is indeed a class act…! order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

pullfocus.exe
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 4:20 PM
Great story, great find! I'm going to see if i can get this in print locally, maybe frame it and have the BOXinator sign it, if ever given the opportunity.
thanks WoW.

Open doors, like open minds

xQuorrax
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 6:47 PM
pullfocus.exe Wrote:Great story, great find! I'm going to see if i can get this in print locally, maybe frame it and have the BOXinator sign it, if ever given the opportunity.
thanks WoW.

That's a great idea! I might borrow it from you. :x

Great interview! I hope to cross paths with Bruce one day. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 7:12 PM

Great interview! Thanks for sharing!
and cool video!! Tron is the best! InkyBlinkySue

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

IluthraDanar
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 9:04 PM
I am so excited to see Bruce this May in Phoenix (please don't cancel, B!). I have heard great stories about his consideration for the fans. And read where he is so dedicated to his character, he said he would hate to see anyone else do Tron. That is his character to play only! :-Dorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 10:35 PM
Thanks! @pullfocus.exe @xQuorrax @MCPcomputer @IluthraDanar -- I have chats with Joe Kosinksi (Director of TRON: LEGACY), Steven Lisberger (Director of TRON), and Eric Barba (TRON: LEGACY VFX Supervisor) that will be coming up -- so definitely check back for those!

IluthraDanar
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 10:53 PM
WorldOutWest Wrote:Thanks! @pullfocus.exe @xQuorrax @MCPcomputer @IluthraDanar -- I have chats with Joe Kosinksi (Director of TRON: LEGACY), Steven Lisberger (Director of TRON), and Eric Barba (TRON: LEGACY VFX Supervisor) that will be coming up -- so definitely check back for those!

Can't wait! To para-quote Lucy Ricardo "You touched him!" :-)

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY