TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING Comic-Con 2011 Footage Reel

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
retrorandy
User

RE: TRON: UPRISING Comic-Con 2011 Footage Reel

on Saturday, August, 13, 2011 1:17 PM
In case you missed it. In a recent article Bruce states that they're almost done with season 1.

"I’m very excited about that. It’s good. I just worked on it the day before yesterday. Getting close to finishing the first season. I think it is coming on in Jan (2012)."http://www.moviepropcollectors.com/magazine/2011/08/12/interview-bruce-boxleitner-on-tron-frontier-earth-cowboys-aliens-d23/
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Argent
User

on Saturday, August, 13, 2011 1:58 PM
IluthraDanar Wrote:In the video that's on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7N6ALoDR7A
at about 0:11, the picture of what I must assume is Tron City, looks an awful lot like a future San Francisco or something. Is this what the Grid looks like pre-Legacy? We saw little of that. It's almost too big for the Grid. There seem to be mountains with lights going up the side. Plus those huge buildings. Nice for a cartoon but impossible for a budgeted film. But is this really the Grid?

According to the figures in Tron: Evolution, the population of Tron City in '89 was 16,453,479. (For reference, the 2008 census puts the population of Manhattan at 1,629,054.) So the city must be huge. It really makes you wonder what kind of disc compression scheme Flynn's using on his hard drive...

Vaporware
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 1:42 PM
IluthraDanar Wrote:In the video that's on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7N6ALoDR7A
at about 0:11, the picture of what I must assume is Tron City, looks an awful lot like a future San Francisco or something. Is this what the Grid looks like pre-Legacy? We saw little of that. It's almost too big for the Grid. There seem to be mountains with lights going up the side. Plus those huge buildings. Nice for a cartoon but impossible for a budgeted film. But is this really the Grid?

That preview was awesome, but I do agree.. where is this place located? Tron City is a pretty finite place. It was crazy big in the original studio test . Where that test fits into cannon is unknown...

The city shown in "Betrayal" is also pretty big, plus there are whole ISO sections.

One thing that keeps sticking in the back of my head is the purpose of the infrastructure.

We see a big farm of shipping containers in the Uprising preview, plus a bunch of coastline. We also have Solar Sailers cruising off somewhere in Legacy... If Tron City is all there is, and the Grid is isolated, what are the shipping containers for?

Perhaps Grid Bugs ate it all? I'm looking forward to the explanations offered up by the series. The series looks awesome, stilt-legs and all...

IluthraDanar
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 2:06 PM
Is Tron City the only city, is that what you mean? I imagined it an enclosed city with obvious borders, surrounded by the Outlands and the Sea of Simulation. So is there more? And if so, will it be considered canon, and maybe could appear in the next film? Or at least, be mentioned as in the Grid is bigger than just what we have seen in Legacy.

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

Argent
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 2:23 PM
IluthraDanar Wrote:Is Tron City the only city, is that what you mean? I imagined it an enclosed city with obvious borders, surrounded by the Outlands and the Sea of Simulation. So is there more? And if so, will it be considered canon, and maybe could appear in the next film? Or at least, be mentioned as in the Grid is bigger than just what we have seen in Legacy.

Canonicity is always tough to nail down. I'm inclined to regard the stuff that was presented in the movie tie-in games as canon, particularly the PC/X360/PS3 version of Evolution (since the story in that one was intended as a lead-in to the film). If you go by that, there were at least a couple of other known settlements - Arjia, the "spiritual center" of the Grid, and the Bostrum colony, both of which were wiped out in the events leading up to Legacy. So I wouldn't be surprised if other cities and settlements are introduced in Uprising. And hopefully whatever they do in the animated series will carry over to movies/games/other properties that follow.

Sso02V
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 2:57 PM
I guess it's possible that Clu would have shut down/destroyed other settlements and sections of the city in order to better maintain his grip on the system.

Argent
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 3:07 PM
Sso02V Wrote:I guess it's possible that Clu would have shut down/destroyed other settlements and sections of the city in order to better maintain his grip on the system.

That's a possibility, too. I hope that it's something they deal with onscreen in Uprising. I can imagine Clu forcibly "relocating" settlers to Tron City because he can more easily "keep them safe" from "rebels and dissidents" there. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

IluthraDanar
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 8:41 PM
Argent Wrote:
IluthraDanar Wrote:Is Tron City the only city, is that what you mean? I imagined it an enclosed city with obvious borders, surrounded by the Outlands and the Sea of Simulation. So is there more? And if so, will it be considered canon, and maybe could appear in the next film? Or at least, be mentioned as in the Grid is bigger than just what we have seen in Legacy.

Canonicity is always tough to nail down. I'm inclined to regard the stuff that was presented in the movie tie-in games as canon, particularly the PC/X360/PS3 version of Evolution (since the story in that one was intended as a lead-in to the film). If you go by that, there were at least a couple of other known settlements - Arjia, the "spiritual center" of the Grid, and the Bostrum colony, both of which were wiped out in the events leading up to Legacy. So I wouldn't be surprised if other cities and settlements are introduced in Uprising. And hopefully whatever they do in the animated series will carry over to movies/games/other properties that follow.

This just gets stranger and stranger as Tron would say. If Flynn created a city which is logically sound, why would he create a system so vast, it would include more than one settlement? And how did he create the what was it, 16 million programs, alone? Or did he? Did they replicate on their own? It just seems so much more massive than I gave it credit for, making it seem unreal that Flynn did all this himself.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Sso02V
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 9:12 PM
If he copied Tron over into the new system, he probably copied a bunch of the ENCOM programs too.

IluthraDanar
User

on Sunday, August, 14, 2011 9:24 PM
Sso02V Wrote:If he copied Tron over into the new system, he probably copied a bunch of the ENCOM programs too.

True but a bunch does not equal millions. Would ENCOM have that many? I honestly don't know companies tech systems in real life. Is that many normal? Anyone know?order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Argent
User

on Monday, August, 15, 2011 12:43 AM
IluthraDanar Wrote:This just gets stranger and stranger as Tron would say. If Flynn created a city which is logically sound, why would he create a system so vast, it would include more than one settlement? And how did he create the what was it, 16 million programs, alone? Or did he? Did they replicate on their own? It just seems so much more massive than I gave it credit for, making it seem unreal that Flynn did all this himself.

These are things that a lot of us have wondered about, and I'm hoping that Uprising will offer some answers. In an interview for Discover magazine (http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2010/12/15/exclusive-we-talk-tron-legacy-with-director-joe-kosinski/), Joe Kosinski had this to say about the Grid:

Kevin Flynn created a system that has the ability to evolve on its own. Today you read about these kinds of life simulations, where you program digital organisms that grow and mutate. It’s cutting-edge stuff, but we’re saying Kevin Flynn was such a brilliant, far-ahead thinking guy that he was experimenting in these new types of code that can do self-generation and evolution. Therefore it doesn’t need maintenance and it doesn’t need input from a programmer to change it.

(Emphasis mine.)

So from the sounds of things, programs on the Grid reproduce somehow, but I can only guess at the mechanisms involved at this point.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Jackie Lawless
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2011 8:46 AM
"Our series takes place before the events of the ("Tron: Legacy") movie -- so this is after Clu has risen to power on The Grid. He believes he has killed Tron -- but what we find out in the series is that Tron is actually not dead, he's just very badly injured. He's been hiding, and is training a new mentee"

um, im pretty sure in the film, i saw - or at least THOUGHT i saw - a flashback of the beginning of Clu's Cuop d'etat... and Tron being rectified right there on the spot.... at what point did Clu believe he killed Tron when Tron was a slave from the first 15 minutes of his official takeover?

unless Tron had somehow broken free of Clus rectification once before, escaped, and got recaptured and re-rectified more thoroughly, then it just doesnt make Any sense..... and even then that still wouldnt explain how or even why Clu "believes he has killed Tron" or at what point Tron gets "very badly injured".....

ugh!

He Sill fights for the users...

Sso02V
User

on Wednesday, August, 17, 2011 6:57 PM
It does seem odd that Clu would leave a loose end like Tron hanging. Unless he did rectify him, with the intent of using him to obtain Flynn's disc and destroy the resistance from within. It's all just speculation of course.

Calary
User

on Friday, August, 19, 2011 2:55 AM
Argent Wrote:
Kevin Flynn created a system that has the ability to evolve on its own. Today you read about these kinds of life simulations, where you program digital organisms that grow and mutate. It’s cutting-edge stuff, but we’re saying Kevin Flynn was such a brilliant, far-ahead thinking guy that he was experimenting in these new types of code that can do self-generation and evolution. Therefore it doesn’t need maintenance and it doesn’t need input from a programmer to change it.

but such digital organisms which can grow and mutate don't even get old Inky:blinkyn line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Sym
User

on Friday, August, 19, 2011 6:03 PM
That looks EPIC. Probably won't come out in the UK till ages after the American release, but I cannot wait anyway!!

spacedinosaurblue
User

on Wednesday, August, 31, 2011 6:37 PM
Several times, the average Grid program citizen is referred to as "Basic", not just a program. My own intuition so far is like this:

1. Flynn created several classes of "Basic" program that were allowed to replicate and populate as many as needed of their "basic type".

2. This is why he exported a few of his "Basic" designs back to the real world for stuff like merchandising - the action figures on Sam's shelf! Sam recognizes a few of these generic Basic designs when he faces one of them in Disc Wars.

3. This may be supported by the fact that Clu must reprogram Basics to make soldiers. It's not that the Grid cannot make programs on its own. It's that Flynn locked the system down so that only certain kinds can be made. Clu cannot "write" new soldiers on his own. So he must assimilate Basics that are allowed to exist by Flynn's rules and turn them into troops.

4. As we see with Rinzler shaking off his rectification programming, this is likely some kind of dirty "code hack" by Clu's engineers, that still isn't truly permanent and can't fully change the nature of a Basic (or other Program). Clu is still locked out of administration level functions in the system.

5. We saw "generic" (or basic) programs in the Encom system already that didn't have to corrospond 1:1 with a single human programmer: the many identical guard programs or tank drivers who were rezzed into existence as required (we would presume). So in Tron reality, it's possible to build a generic program that the system can spawn on command. More individual, hand-crafted programs like Tron more reflect their personal creator and his/her subconscious mind. Perhaps in Tron rules, a program only looks and thinks like his User if the User puts a certain amount of work into the code - a threshhold for complexity that injects the program with a big piece of the User's self.

6. In production material for Tron Legacy, there is an interesting remark that not all programs in the Grid are equal. The more sophisticated and higher their mental functions, the less processed and synthetic their voices. This was an intentional decision and not an arbitrary stylistic choice on who got to have a vocoder in the film. Fully "human" programs like ISOs and Clu have natural voices. Generic Basics or semi-generic programs like the Sirens have some electronic edge to their tones. Terribly simplistic programs like Clu's soldiers have extremely artificial speech.

IluthraDanar
User

on Wednesday, August, 31, 2011 9:29 PM
I found it interesting in Tron, that Ram seemed surprised that Flynn could steal a Recognizer. Is that only because if a program has been given Recognizer driving protocols, for Flynn to be able to activate one would make him unusual? But then did Tron and Ram have to be assigned to driving a light cycle and why not just disable the protocols for that rather than chase them all over the Grid?

And I was thinking the other day for a short story: what happens if the Grid power source is cut off cold turkey? Does it "save"? Would the programs cease to exist, or remain not knowing that anything happened (ala a Twilight Zone story I saw on TV)?

Creator4983
User

on Thursday, September, 22, 2011 9:36 AM
Radical, man!

TRON.dll
User

on Thursday, September, 22, 2011 9:59 AM
IluthraDanar Wrote:And I was thinking the other day for a short story: what happens if the Grid power source is cut off cold turkey? Does it "save"? Would the programs cease to exist, or remain not knowing that anything happened (ala a Twilight Zone story I saw on TV)?

In Tron: Evolution on the DS, The Grid is experiencing power outages. According to the game, programs need energy in order to survive, and when there is a lack of energy, they shut down all their functions other than ones that are necessary for survival, thus becoming barbaric and attacking any programs they see.

Based on that, I think that if the entire grid were cut off from power, all programs would run stick exclusively to their essential functions until they run out of energy and derezz on the spot.

Wow, that's pretty dark now that I think about it..

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

cool83
User

on Monday, February, 20, 2012 5:49 PM

FirstPrevious Page: of 5 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 TRON: UPRISING Comic-Con 2011 Footage Reel