TRON: UPRISING 
 Bruce Boxleitner Kicks Off TRON: UPRISING Theater

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 25, 2012 4:34 PM

On Saturday, May 26th -- I attended the kick-off event for the state of the art, 91 seat TRON: UPRISING mobile theater -- which is having a special, limited time tour throughout Southern California (for schedule/dates - see below).

There's no better place to start out an exciting tour such as this than in the heart of Hollywood itself -- and the TRON: UPRISING theater took up residence front and center on the world famous Hollywood Boulevard, by the historic Chinese and El Capitan Theaters -- drawing large crowds from the celebrity star-laden walkways.

"Beck's Beginning", the 30 minute prologue to the TRON: UPRISING animated series which premieres Thursday, June 7th on Disney's X D Channel, looked and sounded incredible in this 91 seat mobile theater -- with picture and sound being a 10/10 -- making for a fantastic cinematic experience.

In the next few days, I'll be posting more pictures -- and video interviews from the kick-off event I had with Bruce Boxleitner aka , Charlie Bean: executive producer/director of TRON: UPRISING, and David Levine: vice president and general manager, Disney X D Worldwide -- so be on the lookout for those!

If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend catching this very enjoyable TRON: UPRISING theatrical experience during its tour!

_______

In public spaces throughout the "real" grid of Southern California, viewers will have the unique opportunity to see a prelude episode of the new animated series TRON: UPRISING in a high tech, high definition theatre on wheels. The 91 seat theatre provides an immersive viewing experience with digital surround sound and stadium seating. The continuous screenings at each location are made available at no charge.

More information on the TRON: UPRISING screenings is available on facebook.com/Tron.

The TRON: UPRISING theatre on wheels schedule is as follows:

Saturday, May 26th & Sunday, May 27th
10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue in Hollywood, across the street from the El Capitan. *** Please note that Bruce Boxleitner and Charlie Bean will only be at the Hollywood and Highland location circa 10 AM on Saturday, May 26th.

---

Monday, May 28th
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Huntington Beach Children's Chalk Art Festival. The truck will be parked in front of the Shorebreak Hotel on The Strand.

---

Saturday, June 2nd
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Long Beach Youth Soccer Tournament
Shoreline Drive at Ocean Park in Long Beach

---

Sunday, June 3rd – Thursday, June 7th:
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Downtown Disney District located at the Disneyland Resort

---

- Jay West abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

retrorandy
User

RE: Bruce Boxleitner To Kick-Off TRON: UPRISING Theater

on Friday, May, 25, 2012 8:45 PM
Wow, how cool is that! Taking TRON to the Users!!!

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, May, 26, 2012 1:58 AM
A 91-seat theater on wheels?? I wanna see this TRON truck! Somebody take pictures!
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 26, 2012 2:57 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:A 91-seat theater on wheels?? I wanna see this TRON truck! Somebody take pictures!

I'll be covering the event tomorrow -- will post pics and video soon!

- Jayabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

tronprogram
Sector Admin

RE: Bruce Boxleitner Kicks Off TRON: UPRISING Theater

on Sunday, May, 27, 2012 2:26 PM
Sadly, us UK folks won't be getting anything like this. You US guys are lucky.

But, I did get to see "Beck's Beginning" and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Looking forward to when the series starts proper now

"Like the man said, there's no problems, only solutions"-Kevin Flynn, prior to his entry into the electronic world- 1982

ShadowDragon1
User

on Sunday, May, 27, 2012 6:52 PM
Very awesome. Wish I could of made it down there. But due to insomnia not wearin off until 6 am, finally getting a few hrs of sleep, then waking up at 11:45 am... there was no way I could make it to the location via Bus in time to see Bruce, plus I had a Date at 1:30pm I *had* to make.

I will be going to PopConLA on Sunday to see Bruce Boxleitner AND Cindy Morgan at the Tron screening & panel on July 8th.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

JEM MotorSports
User

on Friday, June, 08, 2012 5:36 AM
I was fortunate enough to cath the tron uprising theater truck at the very last showing in DownTown Disney California at 7:45pm ish.

I had no idea this Tron promo truck even existed 'till the night before while researching and getting ready for Tron Uprising the following evening.

I left my shop early and sat on the 91 and 5 freeway PARKING LOT, stressing on weather I'd make it on time or not.

It was a toss up in attire for me when I got there as well. ( ok, my nerdism is about to go into overdrive. LOL)

Threadless teal hoodie with iconic tron print or Adidas Adicolor Tron track jacket.
then it was, Sam Flynn delux ID disc or Pop's all white disc.

Threadless for the win and you can never go wrong with the almighty's white disc.

Upon arriving to the truck, a group of staff members commented " now there's a fan.."
followed by "so how much do you want for the white disc,... everyone has been asking for it."

It felt good being recognized for being a fan. afterall, I'm the only one of my friends that paid $1.50 of my hard earned house-chore money back in 1982 to see the original at the tender age of 8 at the Stonewood Mall in Downey. LOL!

anywho, after the showing, the staff asked a few questions about the episode.
Those that were selected and answered correctly recieved one of two prizes.
A large black sealed envelope with the UPRISING logo printed on front or a Tron Uprising tee shirt.

The rest of the guest recieved a key chain light with the new Uprising logo on one side and Disney on the other, while exiting.

Sadly I was not selected to answer any of the questions but my patience and fandom paid off.

While the audience left, I hung around taking photos of the truck.
The host of the event had asked me to hang out for a sec and returned with a black envelope and said "from our teams private stash to a real hard-core fan, this ones for you."

I'm sure all the lines of my threadless hoodie lit up like the 4th of july when he told me this. as I'm screaming in my head "libations for everybodyyyyy...."

I couldn't say thanks enough as the rest of the crew tore down the set up and drove away.

it turned out to be a pretty awsome little surprise.

....and in case you were wondering, a limited edition Tron delux identity disc was in the large black envelope. It lights up blue and appears to have more L.E.D.s than the store bought version. Plus, the sound is a tad bit stronger and a hell-of-alot clearer. ; )
will try to post pics up soon....

BTW, I was informed that theTron theater truck's "home" is in culver city.
Ironic since that is also the home of the original "Flynn's Arcade" building.
A staff member had mentioned it while I was talking about the Tron Pop-up store that WAS also in culver city... fans that arrived to the Pop-Up store the following morning with ticket stubs from the opening night of Legacy were allowed to pick a framed film cell from legacy... since not many showed, we were allowed to grab a few hand fulls.
Tron freebees, gotta lov'em.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, June, 24, 2012 2:10 PM
very cool experience! Please post more pics especially of that new identity disc!

Page: of 1 Page
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING