Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Does anybody here do Tron RPing anymore?

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Kat
User

RE: Does anybody here do Tron RPing anymore?

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 10:57 PM
Wow, I've never been that anal about it. I simply consider either that the fic was written before X piece of canon came out, or the person decided to take the story in a different plausible direction. I certainly don't consider every piece of fic I've written in a fandom to be invalidated and only fit to be locked away just because additional material came out later.

And if the fic I've seen out there is to be believed, people usually like to work with canon characters rather than write fics only inspired by the universe. I had no idea that was considered taboo in RPing. Heaven knows nothing's more annoying than a player trying to speak for a canon character rather than using an OC, but I wouldn't have thought the mention of said characters would be disallowed.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

KingJ.exe
User

on Friday, July, 20, 2012 11:19 PM
I specifically made one of my characters work for Sam. It's not taboo to mention canon characters, it's usually just a good idea to not involve them too much. It makes it easier for those characters to stay in character, instead of having, I dunno, Quorra becoming the equivalent of Batman, without trying to. It loses something if you have players playing as the canon characters.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 2:27 AM
Kat Wrote:Wow, I've never been that anal about it. I simply consider either that the fic was written before X piece of canon came out, or the person decided to take the story in a different plausible direction. I certainly don't consider every piece of fic I've written in a fandom to be invalidated and only fit to be locked away just because additional material came out later.

And if the fic I've seen out there is to be believed, people usually like to work with canon characters rather than write fics only inspired by the universe. I had no idea that was considered taboo in RPing. Heaven knows nothing's more annoying than a player trying to speak for a canon character rather than using an OC, but I wouldn't have thought the mention of said characters would be disallowed.

Oh no, I think I might have misspoke- Its not considered taboo, it's actually acceptatble and widely done- I really don't care that much. I don't think fanfic is "to be locked away" or "invalidated", I just think that you have more freedom if you explore realms outside of Flynn's grid, or the Encom grid- that's all.

I guess you could say, I think that with so many other systems and grids that would exist out there in the world, and with the freedom of fanfiction and RPing, that it would be more fun (for me, personally) to explore the other systems than to dwell on ones previously used. However, in the RP we're currently doing, the game is set on the internet, so all of these systems and grids are connected- which means that I can have my characters exist on a private server never seen before, and those who wish to remain connected to Legacy or T82 can do so if they wish.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

LWSrocks2
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 7:58 PM
Also; anybody else think this is a good place for OOC discussion on DDoS

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, July, 21, 2012 8:46 PM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Also; anybody else think this is a good place for OOC discussion on DDoS

That would work fine for me. On that note, anyone going to give Spark a hand? She's all alone up there against five light-jets. Not to mention someone's got to evacuate the building. Since Thane's busy distracting Derrek(it might be good if you let someone else take over that, LWSrocks2. Having your own characters fight each other is a little awkward for the other players), we need two others.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, July, 22, 2012 1:22 AM
Yeah, I realized the awkwardness of the situation, and that's why I stopped my post there- I figured either Spark or Tarker, or even Baltimer would jump in. There's 3 posts I haven't read yet, though.
Okay. I feel bad that Masquerade and Becktherenegade were kinda left out.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, July, 22, 2012 2:10 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Yeah, I realized the awkwardness of the situation, and that's why I stopped my post there- I figured either Spark or Tarker, or even Baltimer would jump in. There's 3 posts I haven't read yet, though.
Okay. I feel bad that Masquerade and Becktherenegade were kinda left out.

Well, we could wait for them, if you like.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, July, 22, 2012 4:09 AM
Yeah im gonna give them a chance to respond. Also, I looked back at my older posts and I was kinda regurgitating information that had already been said whenever I posted as Derrick so I'm not going to post as him unless he has something to say or do that Thane hasn't described.

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, July, 22, 2012 4:54 AM
LWSrocks2 Wrote:Yeah im gonna give them a chance to respond. Also, I looked back at my older posts and I was kinda regurgitating information that had already been said whenever I posted as Derrick so I'm not going to post as him unless he has something to say or do that Thane hasn't described.

Well, Spark has just shooed Thane off and challenged Derrick in a pretty insulting way - which is, of course, the idea - get him focused on her so the others can get outta there. I suppose Spark feels a little protective of the other programs because she's probably the oldest, having been created in the early 1980's. So I guess she just doesn't want the younger programs getting hurt. I figure Thane, Tarker, and the others can get the other programs evacuated while Spark and Derrick fight it out. So you could post as Derrick since that part only really has the two of us in it.

Tron Lives!

Kat
User

on Sunday, July, 22, 2012 10:41 PM
It wasn't exactly my intention that anyone PLAY canon characters. (That's always annoyed me too, in my extremely-limited experience with RPing.) I was just imaging a vague iteration that they're somehow involved, to tie it into the actual universe. *shrug*abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, July, 24, 2012 10:00 PM
I'm probably going to be out of communication from tomorrow until Tuesday. My family is going camping, and I don't know if the campsite has internet access. It probably doesn't.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Tron Lives!

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, July, 29, 2012 12:20 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:I'm probably going to be out of communication from tomorrow until Tuesday. My family is going camping, and I don't know if the campsite has internet access. It probably doesn't.

I'm back from my trip early because I got really sick. Camping is no fun when one is throwing up. I'm not a happy Spark right now. Wish I could upgrade my immune system.

Tron Lives!

KingJ.exe
User

on Saturday, August, 04, 2012 11:46 AM
Idea: What if, in keeping with the RP's name, the vandals called themselves Distributed Denial? I think that sounds appropriately ominous...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Find the archive here:

KingJ.exe
User

on Monday, August, 13, 2012 11:14 PM
So, does no one want to play DDoS anymore?

Find the archive here:

_Masquerade_
User

on Tuesday, August, 14, 2012 2:24 AM
I posted a few days ago :S I guess people are just busy. I know I am. I start school the day after tomorrow.

_Masquerade_

_Masquerade_
User

on Tuesday, August, 14, 2012 2:24 AM
Argh double post >_abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, August, 14, 2012 9:23 PM
Sorry for my unexpected absence. I've been really sick and unable to use the computer(nausea and computer screens does not a good combination make). I'm back now, and I'm off to post.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, August, 14, 2012 9:57 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:Sorry for my unexpected absence. I've been really sick and unable to use the computer(nausea and computer screens does not a good combination make). I'm back now, and I'm off to post.

And posted. Complete with a prompt for trekking95.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 9:07 AM
I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!
And..........
Nothing happened in the two months I've been gone. Anyone still playing this, or is the drawing of Tarker's custom sword that I made useless?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Find the archive here:

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, November, 01, 2012 8:15 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!
And..........
Nothing happened in the two months I've been gone. Anyone still playing this, or is the drawing of Tarker's custom sword that I made useless?

I was the last person who posted, so I've been waiting for someone to reply. Preferably trekking95 of LWSrocks2. But you could probably post if you wanted.

Tron Lives!

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Does anybody here do Tron RPing anymore?