TRON: UPRISING 
 Custom Tron Encom 0.82 Black Lightcycle from "Scars" Project

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
BanditTron
User

on Monday, November, 19, 2012 5:33 PM
After watching "Scars" and seeing Tron and his team with their Black Lightcycles I decided to take my discolored Legacy K. Flynn lightcycle by SpinMaster and give it a repaint to look like this:

My plan:
- Break down all components for paint
- Mask off areas not to be painted
- fill body gap on canopy
- Paint Gloss black
- Hand paint 0.82 in Red
- Paint Clearcoat then wetsand
- Polish
- Paint rear section Chrome
- Add reflective details to mimic headlight and the triangle area around the 0.82 designation

What I've done so far:
Breakdown and masking

Here you can see the two different colors of the white plastic

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

RE: Custom Tron Encom 0.82 Black Lightcycle from "Scars" Project

on Monday, November, 19, 2012 5:34 PM
Filling the gaps on the canopy.

I never liked these gaping holes in the front of the lightcycle so I did a quick and easy fill using tape as a barrier and hot glue as a filler. Just put the tape on to follow the contour and then filled in from the back with hot glue.

Gloss Black paint on

magnum
User

on Monday, November, 19, 2012 10:22 PM
Nice job Bandit Tron ! Anxious to see the finished product

HooDooMan
User

on Tuesday, November, 20, 2012 6:20 PM
Dude, that's looking awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product! That 0.82 lightcycle is bad@$$!!

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, November, 20, 2012 6:26 PM
Thanks!
I got a little anxious to shoot the clear on it and totally forgot to paint on the "0.82" but I can always put it on top of the clear.

Did have a little snafu with the canopy when I cleared it. The clear on the top began to crinkle so I let it dry then sanded and it took of a couple chips of black so I'm gonna have to respray the black and clear it again.
After sanding the top

masking off the top for respray

The Wet Look Gloss Main body. I put the wheel next to it to show the reflection.

EDIT: 7:31pm
More progress on the 0.82 and adding light reflective tape.
handpainted on the tiny 0.82 in TRON font as best I could. First pic is without a flash and second is with the flash giving the reflective tape action.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, November, 20, 2012 8:03 PM
getting the reflective headlight decal all painted up. Here the left side of the decal just has horizontal lines making separations and the right side has a "box" area painted for the separations.

I went with the "box" style to more emulate the tiny LED type headlights you see on the cycle.

abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, November, 21, 2012 6:24 PM
Got the canopy repainted and ready to go!

now to get this sucker back together!

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

on Friday, November, 23, 2012 1:19 PM
Finished pics

Hex ground

On "The Grid"

a go at a comparison shot

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

HooDooMan
User

on Friday, November, 23, 2012 5:53 PM
Fantastic job, Bandit! That looks awesome! I'm sure hoping we see more of those lightcycles in the upcoming episodes. How long did it take you time-wise to complete the transformation?

BanditTron
User

on Friday, November, 23, 2012 7:20 PM
Thanks Bro!

Just a couple hours a day for about 4 days. Not including dry time for the paint.

SabreFX
User

on Saturday, November, 24, 2012 11:12 PM
Beautiful work. Well done!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

GGemini
User

on Sunday, November, 25, 2012 7:49 PM
Great work!!!

renderinfo2
User

on Tuesday, November, 27, 2012 4:12 PM
Nice job Bandit!

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with more of a "black chrome" rather than a high-gloss black. Your pics are great, and it's hard to be "as reflective" as the CGI, but it seems like your .82 is just not shiny/reflective enough for my tastes.

What do you think if I used something like http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_shadow&153;-chrome-black-out-coating-black-clear-11-oz-2-can-aerosol-kit-duplicolor_99985032-p?searchTerm=chrome+spray+paint
?
Not sure, cause it doesn't look like the paint is made for plastic. I'll keep looking, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

The other thing I was thinking about was a way to make the bike look "less painted" and "more smooth". I was thinking the wetsanding and polish would be enough, but it still looks a little "caked on", particularly in the reflections. I'm gonna have a hard time with that.

Anyway, your bike looks great!

1982program
User

on Tuesday, November, 27, 2012 8:41 PM
Nice Bandit!

Painting plastic models is TOUGH, yours turned out really well. Pretty cool. Now you've given me a reason to clean out the stock of Flynn bikes at my area Big Lots stores, they seem to all have about 5 bikes a piece.

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, November, 27, 2012 9:11 PM
renderinfo2 Wrote:Nice job Bandit!

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but with more of a "black chrome" rather than a high-gloss black. Your pics are great, and it's hard to be "as reflective" as the CGI, but it seems like your .82 is just not shiny/reflective enough for my tastes.

What do you think if I used something like http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_shadow&153;-chrome-black-out-coating-black-clear-11-oz-2-can-aerosol-kit-duplicolor_99985032-p?searchTerm=chrome+spray+paint
?
Not sure, cause it doesn't look like the paint is made for plastic. I'll keep looking, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

The other thing I was thinking about was a way to make the bike look "less painted" and "more smooth". I was thinking the wetsanding and polish would be enough, but it still looks a little "caked on", particularly in the reflections. I'm gonna have a hard time with that.

Anyway, your bike looks great!

the Black Chrome paint had actually crossed my mind when I was thinking about this project, but I opted out since I wasn't familiar with the paint.
If you do use it please keep me posted with the results!

It is a little orange peel in areas but I'm happy enough with the shine of it since it is a small scale toy, but I have still wanted to possibly wet sand it with some 2000 grit and see how it turns out. I might revisit it soon.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

BanditTron
User

on Tuesday, November, 27, 2012 9:12 PM

1982program Wrote:Nice Bandit!

Painting plastic models is TOUGH, yours turned out really well. Pretty cool. Now you've given me a reason to clean out the stock of Flynn bikes at my area Big Lots stores, they seem to all have about 5 bikes a piece.

Thanks, it was actually a pretty rushed job since I just wanted it finished to see what it looked like, haha.
In the past few weeks i've been to 6 different Big Lots to see what the had. haha.

deeahchur
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 4:55 AM
That looks fantastic! Great job, Bandit!

/ / S C A N N I N G
/ / Incompatable Program detected
/ / Initiate Yggdrassil Conscription Potocol
"Appropriation is the highest form of appreciation."

gcward16
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 2:01 PM
Dude! Looks amazing, excellent work!

gcward16
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 2:02 PM
Dude! Looks amazing, excellent work!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, January, 20, 2013 8:48 PM
Thanks guys!

I'm still waiting till the weather is warmer here to start on a "Classic Yellow" version.

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING