General Discussion 
 Micro Tron arcade machine

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
Falty
User

RE: Micro Tron arcade machine

on Tuesday, December, 04, 2012 3:48 PM
renderinfo2 Wrote:These pics are killing me!

Very high quality work. Go ahead and put me on the list of "want it", and I can paypal a deposit anytime... I'm still debating on with/without the iPod touch. I think I am going to research other possible media player options for the enclosure, and I'll share anything I find.

Since these are all more or less the same going price for a 3.5" Ipod Touch Gen 2, your price of $150 extra for the kit including the Ipod Touch Gen 2 (fully loaded with IMame and Tron I am assuming) happens to be SUPER REASONABLE.

Even so, I hope you make a "fully assembled premium kit" with and without the IPod 2 as an option. Then I'll have a challenge

Hey thanks for the great compliments! Since I've designed this for the iPod dimensions you'll likely want to stick with an iPod. I can't guarantee anything else will fit and function correctly

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:45 AM
Falty,

I don't know how large of a run you plan on doing. If you were thinking of around 100 or more (which is A LOT), you might try posting on www.therpf.com. Although it's technically not a movie prop, I actually think it is. And you will get TONS OF INTEREST from many, many Tron fans, especially with your pics.

If you were only doing a run of 15-20, you might try moving this thread to COLLECTOR of this forum. You'll definitely "sell out" a run of 20 or less.

If you were planning on doing a run of 10 or less, you're posting probably right where you should be. Your quality, pics and effort is off the charts amazing.

If you're planning on doing a run of 1, I hate you.

Happy Holidays!abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Falty
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 12:43 PM
That made me laugh so hard! I wouldn't feel right keeping something like this to myself Once I've ironed out the production process, software/hardware, shipping and such I'll go more "Public" with it. I try hard not to disappoint people so a run of a few handmade cabs is definitely doable before I feel confident I could supply a large group. Plus it may take a couple of iterations for me to make a solid product I know can take some minute abuse. Wouldn't want anyone saying I made a flimsy product.

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, December, 12, 2012 10:33 AM
Bump.

Any updates? Sorry I haven't placed my order yet. Lack of info and all that...

Falty
User

on Wednesday, December, 12, 2012 11:16 AM
Ya beat me to the update the coin door kit will be arriving tomorrow!! Very exciting I'm also not thrilled with the results of the lighting I've chosen, thinking I'm going to try EL tape for the backlight portions. Also have to figure out an inverter that doesn't emit an awful hum . Still a few tech issues to resolve. Plus I disassembled the cab to refine the way it's put together, using threaded inserts/bolts versus wood screws (for durability and ease of assembly)

I'll post pics of the coin door tomorrow. Thanks for checking in! I'll keep you posted when I feel the "kit" meets my standards and will be more of a finished product rather than a kit/DIY project for the end user

renderinfo2
User

on Wednesday, December, 12, 2012 11:40 AM
Falty Wrote:...thinking I'm going to try EL tape for the backlight portions. Also have to figure out an inverter that doesn't emit an awful hum...
Wow, I actually have the same problems with my EL tape and inverters. Glowhut is supercheap, and their inverters show that, even though the EL tape is bright, so don't waste your time with them. I'm imagining most of the distributors all get their products from the same China sources, so this might be a widespread problem.

If there's any experimenting you need help with, let me know. I'm can help with research and purchasing oddball stuff to try out. So, for example, if you find a company X that sells EL Tape Y and Inverter Z that you suggest me to purchase and try out locally to save you a little time and money, just let me know...(FYI - I have no skills other than knowing how to purchase stuff on-line and plugging something in and flipping a switch and observing...)
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Falty
User

on Wednesday, December, 12, 2012 12:01 PM
Fantastic! I appreciate your enthusiasm if I can think of an experimental item I'll let ya know. For now, I have most everything I need.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 2:20 AM
Hey Falty, from what I've read (and also from my own experience), I think all the inverters give off that high frequency hum. It's just the nature of the beast, I think. Even Olivia Wilde, in one of her interviews, referred to the high pitched sound she heard when the EL lighting on her suit was activated. But if you come across something that will eliminate or minimize the hum, let us know!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Falty
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 2:41 AM
Good to know, HooDooMan. I'm not that electronically savvy so this'll take some trial and error before I figure out a solution that'll satisfy my perfectionismabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

renderinfo2
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 10:43 AM
Falty, gotta quick question...

Regarding your pic of the cabinet and how the Ipod 2 fits in...
http://db.tt/N8y8nRXv

What were your thoughts for getting power to this thing?
I was wondering if you were planning on just allowing the Ipod to be removed for charging OR you plug it in from the front of the cabinet to charge it... My preference would be some way to have the Ipod permanently attached to the charger with a hole in the back of the cabinet. That way, if I had the arcade machine in a display cabinet, I could leave it on and powered 24x7 and no one would see the "wires". Just curious...

Falty
User

on Thursday, December, 13, 2012 6:08 PM
I received the Coin door today! While inspecting the contents, I discovered there are missing parts *sad panda* I've written shapeways to find out if i can get replacements. then I discovered another issue...didn't leave enough clearance so the frame and door stuck together. Had to cut them apart so now it looks hacked!! I've redesigned the model so the parts have more clearance and also the tiny bits are connected so they'll be easier to find!

These are good guinea pig parts to run a fitment test and try out the dye/sanding process.

For now, here's the pics promised from yesterday
http://db.tt/SLnYkFng
http://db.tt/a0YLNQdq

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 8:23 AM
renderinfo2 Wrote:Falty, gotta quick question...

Regarding your pic of the cabinet and how the Ipod 2 fits in...
http://db.tt/N8y8nRXv

What were your thoughts for getting power to this thing?
I was wondering if you were planning on just allowing the Ipod to be removed for charging OR you plug it in from the front of the cabinet to charge it... My preference would be some way to have the Ipod permanently attached to the charger with a hole in the back of the cabinet. That way, if I had the arcade machine in a display cabinet, I could leave it on and powered 24x7 and no one would see the "wires". Just curious...

Bump...

order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Falty
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 10:09 AM
These are some design considerations that have rolled around in my head for some time. I go bak and forth between keeping the cabinet project as nondestructible or permanent. I'm more inclined to leave it nondestructible because some may want access to their iPods. So the idea I have is to make a slot the iPod fits in, just under the shroud. There will be perfect alignment each time and you could still use it for other things. You could certainly keep it on tron a attract mode for quite a while. I'd have to time it and see. Power for the lights and Bluetooth controls will be a wall wart charger. It's plug into the back of the machine.

Still unsure how I'm going to wire this while thing up. Hope that helps

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, December, 17, 2012 1:50 PM
Falty Wrote:Still unsure how I'm going to wire this while thing up. Hope that helps

Whatever you come up with will be the right decision, that's for sure.

My two cents is that anyone who has this will most likely NOT use the IPod 2 for anything else (and I am including you in my thinking). It's not like the Ipod 2 is going to be running anything modern in the next 5 years. The "permanent" method would not only make more sense, but also make the whole mini-arcade box last MUCH longer, and hopefully easier to build. I keep thinking that if you somehow make the cabinet with the ability to remove and reinsert the Ipod (even if it slides in and out) it just gives you more opportunity to eventually break something. I'm thinking 5 years, 10 years after it's finished. Less moving parts and all that.
To make the electronics even easier, you could use one adapter for the lights, and another adapter for the charger, and just use an external powerstrip to turn the whole thing on or off. So at least "two challenges" you have if you make the IPod permanent is wiring the charging cable out the back of the cabinet, and how to turn the Ipod on/off without removing it, potentially having to make the Ipod button accessible. But in either case, you'll have a really clean look from the front, as professional as possible.

But you could really go either way, and I see a lot of merit for the non-permanent Ipod2, especially if it fails later... Hmmm....

renderinfo2
User

on Saturday, December, 22, 2012 12:35 PM
Pre XMas Bump...abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Falty
User

on Saturday, December, 22, 2012 1:02 PM
Awaiting new parts from the 3d printer and the wiimotes that I ordered. Also need to buy another iPod.

renderinfo2
User

on Monday, December, 31, 2012 9:42 PM
bump and Happy New Year!

(Why do you need another Ipod?)
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Falty
User

on Tuesday, January, 01, 2013 12:42 PM
Happy New year! I need another iPod because the one i started with belonged to my company. since i've sold my company my partner collected all the gear, which included the iPod I was going to use. No big deal...there's no shortage of them.

Falty
User

on Thursday, January, 17, 2013 3:34 AM

FirstPrevious Page: of 2 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Micro Tron arcade machine