Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 9:54 PM
The Hollywood Reporter posted an exclusive online report this evening on the progress of TRON 3:

The sequel to the 2010 reboot Tron: Legacy — called Tron 3 in some quarters — is moving a step forward with Disney in negotiations to hire Jesse Wigutow to pen the latest draft of the script.

Joseph Kosinski, who directed Legacy, is attached to helm this installment, which is being developed with a renewed urgency under Alan Horn, who took the reigns of Disney Studios in June.

Some considered the dark and trippy Legacy — which teamed newcomer Garrett Hedlund with Jeff Bridges, star of the 1982 original Tron — a lukewarm performer when it opened in December 2010. But the film grossed $400 million worldwide, good enough to spark interest in prolonging the franchise. With that foundation and a strong brand, Disney believes it can really go for broke with a new movie. Horn is making Tron one of his priorities, according to insiders.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. David DiGilio wrote an earlier draft of the script. Justin Springer, a co-producer on Legacy, is producing Tron 3.

Wigutow is already working with Disney on the adaptation of Peter and the Starcatchers and worked on Parallel, another Disney project being produced by Springer. The scribe, who also wrote Eragon and worked on Relativity’s remake of The Crow and Summit's remake of The Osterman Weekend.

Click here to read the original Hollywood Reporter article.

- Jay West

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

DV8ER
User

RE: TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:03 PM
All I can say to this is:

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell yeah!!!!

Thanks for passing the word on Jay!!!!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:05 PM
"Dark and trippy"???? Did they watch the same film I did? Or has whoever wrote that just spent their life watching nothing but My Little Pony and everything is dark and trippy in comparison???where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:06 PM
YES!!! The power of CLU FU!! (if they ever bring him back. He's too cool to go away)

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:33 PM
Kat Wrote:"Dark and trippy"???? Did they watch the same film I did? Or has whoever wrote that just spent their life watching nothing but My Little Pony and everything is dark and trippy in comparison???

Compared to the original Tron, you have to admit Legacy was fairly dark.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:40 PM
Nice! Hopefully it doesn't get released in the winter, where the entire Eastern US could be frozen and unable to attend the movie like last time. Tron Legacy could've probably grossed a fair amount more if the East wasn't frozen/snowy.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

BanditTron
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:42 PM
BEST NEWS I could have gotten today!!

anonymouspunk89
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 10:52 PM
I won't lie, I was having the worst day today. But when I heard this news, I just about started doing backflips around the house.
FLYNN LIVES! (couldn't help myself)

Carcarius
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 11:06 PM
Can't wait to see Kosinski's maturity in directing make this Tron the best one yet. 2015 can't come soon enough. Really hoping that 48-60fps becomes mainstream by then. abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 11:14 PM
Carcarius Wrote:Can't wait to see Kosinski's maturity in directing make this Tron the best one yet. 2015 can't come soon enough.

I think Koz will have a much better idea of what to do with Tron 3, now that he has prior experience in Legacy.

Carcarius
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 11:16 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:I think Koz will have a much better idea of what to do with Tron 3, now that he has prior experience in Legacy.

Yea, I heard or read somewhere he learned a lot from making Legacy, plus the fact that hes going to have Oblivion under his belt when he begins filming Tron 3.

KiaPurity
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 11:23 PM
Should be interesting-- though, I'm kind of curious as to where they can go with the story after the events of Tron Legacy.

Tron was all about the computers and I'm not comfortable with what happened in Tron Legacy... especially towards the ending.

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

cirlin
User

on Wednesday, December, 05, 2012 11:54 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome!
If this were to come out in 2015 that would be the most amazing year for movies ever! Episode VII and Tron 3 in the same year, can you imagine!
Given the time frame it seems more likely it will be in 2016 though. I guess it's possible it could make a very late 2015 opening, but '16 still seems more likely.
Such great news though!
Now we just need good news about Uprising :/where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

CluLives
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 12:11 AM
Best news ever!!!

Is it too early for the ARG to start? ;-)

Annissë
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 12:18 AM
YES! It's about time Disney! Another chance to wear my Quorra costume again when the movie is released. Oh yeah, and if the San Diego Comic Con does another Flynn's Arcade promo party!

OMG!!!!!!!!! THIS JUST MADE MY YEAR COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!

Check me out at:

http://www.damefatale.com
http://www.facebook.com/annissedf

KingJ.exe
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 1:09 AM
It's... It's like all my TRONIC dreams are coming true! Except that one where I was Tron. But the bigwig of Disney Studios said he was going to make TRON. A. PRIORITY. AFTER PICKING UP STAR WARS. Oh my user I think I'm gonna pass out.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

Overmind
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 2:25 AM
This news bodes well for the Uprising series.

..... I hope.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

DV8ER
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 3:06 AM
Overmind Wrote:This news bodes well for the Uprising series.

..... I hope.
We've made it....
... This far.

MCPcomputer
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 3:12 AM

WOW Now this is really good news!! I can't wait to see it!!

FLYNN LIVES! Finally Tron is back! I'm excited !

It's all in the Wrist!

End of Line

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

Sagitta
User

on Thursday, December, 06, 2012 5:26 AM
Would be even better if Tron were actually Tron who is actually in this new Tron film too.

Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion