Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Flynn316
User

RE: TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!

on Friday, December, 07, 2012 9:53 AM
This movie needs to bring TRON back defending the grid. Please do not make this about the ISO's. A TRON movie without TRON as a good guy and main character for a second time will not make people happy. Just Have Sam go back into the grid and pull him out of the sea of simulation and update him on what happened bla bla bla and inform TRON there is a new threat, the mcp has returned, and I hope this will take place on the encom server.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

This town is full of live ones!!

cool83
User

on Friday, December, 07, 2012 6:13 PM
Does Alan Horn have a twitter or Facebook page?

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2012 12:49 AM
Great news! Thanks for posting this, Jay! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as things progress. This phrase in the article popped out at me:

"...this installment, which is being developed with a renewed purpose..."

That makes me think that, this time, it's for real. That Disney really is still interested in continuing the TRON franchise. And that TRON 3 will get the green light soon. Of course, anything can happen, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Only time will tell.

KidFlash
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2012 12:56 AM
It's kind of a big deal when the head of the studio says 'hey, let's make another one!'

Then again, Legacy came out of nowhere, soooo...

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2012 6:29 PM
Flynn316 Wrote:This movie needs to bring TRON back defending the grid. Please do not make this about the ISO's. A TRON movie without TRON as a good guy and main character for a second time will not make people happy. Just Have Sam go back into the grid and pull him out of the sea of simulation and update him on what happened bla bla bla and inform TRON there is a new threat, the mcp has returned, and I hope this will take place on the encom server.

Agreed. Taking place in ENCOM's server as Sam's "pet project" or his own server at his house will only work. Here IS a huge problem, however. Time dilates differently between the Grid and the Real World.

How much time should pass for Tron 3 to happen? By the time Sam loads the chip in, does it mean Tron/Rinzler already crawled out of the water? Or is the entire Grid 'frozen' in time? I suspect it's the latter because it's in stasis until he uploads the data into the new server. And ENCOM Tron is going to encounter Rinzler, complicating things, and finding out what really happened to his copied self at Flynn's lab.

I think it would be smart for the writers to have Sam and Quorra make it a personal project to start rebuidling the Grid post-CLU, however they may have to re-write him again in order find his father's pieces. I've heard that if a User dies in a grid, they don't derezz. They get sucked back out to the Real World. Users can take a lot of damage that programs can't. So if Kevin "died", then where did his essence go to if the portal did'nt open in time? Sam goes out the laser, then Kevin goes Ka-boom.

As for the new MCP, I really do not think it wise for them to make him into another "Mr. Kool Aid" head, although ironic how red Programs drank his "kool aid" in the first film. He would have to be a walking Program with high level abilities like CLU or Abraxas.

Otherwise, they're gonna have to structure the story that time passed by and the chip is already in the ENCOM servers, and they've been doing a lot of reconstructing, looking for TRON and such. I don't think Sam knows or realizes that Rinzler is Tron, except his father recognized him (and did'nt bother to tell Sam THAT).

The only way they're gonna find Tron is re-writing CLU in order to trace steps back, almost like an interrogation, although this new CLU 3.0 would be the good version recalling the data from the time he was created up through Legacy.

I highly suspect that none of the living Programs in the Grid know nor remember Tron. Sam may have to let Alan in this situation to fix his Program up. My great concern is that the Uprising show MIGHT contradict Tron 3 even more if they continue the perpetuate the ISO mythos.

BUT, if the writers are SMART and did'nt do the stupid thing in killing Beck off in Uprising, he could still be the next TRON in the third film, hiding out, spared by CLU, and the only one who knows what he looks like. Then Beck would be the Program Sam/Quorra will have to seek out, although the migration to the ENCOM server could complicate things even more, now that the "1989" Grid is a digital immigrant to ENCOM, with such irony that CLU is against the migrating ISOs' presence.

Flynn316
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2012 6:47 PM
Agreed sir. My main concern here is not having TRON in this. Please make him blue again and more screen time.

This town is full of live ones!!

Kat
User

on Saturday, December, 08, 2012 10:30 PM
I'm still not sure why it would make sense for Sam to bring the whole thing to Encom. I would think he's going to still want to keep this secret for a while-- at least until he sorts through the whole of whatever mess he may have saved to disk-- and taking it to a large company (and a large company full of computer geeks, no less) does not sound like a good way to hide something if you ask me. I mean, if I told you I kept my personal journal on my computer at work, you'd think I was cracked, right, and that it would only be a matter of time before I got called on the carpet? I always figured he would keep it on a personal server, just like Flynn did. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tzigone
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 8:50 AM
I agree - putting it on Encom's system is just asking for trouble. I'm not sure how I think it'll play out. I can see that Sam and/or Quorra would want to fix the Grid, to restore it to its former glory. It was Quorra's birthplace/home and Sam's father created it, so they have good reason. I can't really see why anyone else (bad guys) would be interested in that particular system instead of another system - one with post-1989 programs and Internet access. The digitizing laser, of course, would be of huge interest to anyone who discovered it.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 10:19 AM
Kat Wrote:I'm still not sure why it would make sense for Sam to bring the whole thing to Encom. I would think he's going to still want to keep this secret for a while-- at least until he sorts through the whole of whatever mess he may have saved to disk-- and taking it to a large company (and a large company full of computer geeks, no less) does not sound like a good way to hide something if you ask me. I mean, if I told you I kept my personal journal on my computer at work, you'd think I was cracked, right, and that it would only be a matter of time before I got called on the carpet? I always figured he would keep it on a personal server, just like Flynn did.

Kat,

I understand your viewpoint here on this, but what would Sam do? ENCOM is now his company to oversee and he can do pretty whatever he wants with do with it, like Bruce Wayne who has his private stash in the Wayne Enterprises penthouse and basement. If Sam is going to use a personal server at his garage/home, or buy a new house, he will have to rebuild the lab in his new house.

The Shiva laser has got to suck up a LOT of juice to be used. This may explain why Flynn hooked up the laser in the basement of the arcade because it is the last thing anybody would look and the power grid was enough to handle the laser's usage

(Imagine the bill for electricity at the arcade from using the laser over the years! Unless he had his own generators, but they could only last for a certain time, but 28 years? Not sure about that)

So, if Sam wants to use the very best equipment to fix the Grid privately, ENCOM is the only place he can do it privately in a lab he can build. No one but him would have the clearance to get in. Ultimately, going back to the ENCOM server has to happen for that little Grid to be part of something greater.

Don't forget he could bring Alan in the fold to help him out on this one as a 'life line' in case Sam gets stuck in the Grid again, in order to pull him out. Imagine if you were deep sea diving, you need someone on the boat to pull you out or retrieve you in case something bad happens. He's gonna have to let Alan in the truth with Quorra showing proof of her existence. This also makes a good plot point where Dillinger would cuss out Sam in why he gave her clearance to the classified lab and not him, and then discovers who she really is.

In fact, Dan Shorr's character can be part of it as well because his Program was RAM and that he was involved in the Flynn Lives conspiracy. Sam could opt to re-use his father's basement lab with new upgrades but is it wise? So Shorr's character would be the back up guy manning the OS while Sam/Quorra go "Deep Grid Diving". Maybe Alan, but not sure if he's physically able to handle it.

Who wants to see a scripted scene of Dillinger Jr breaking into Sam's house trying to corrupt the Grid via digitization? Makes no sense. Or the basement lab at the arcade? He has no reason to go there. As far as I know, Dillinger Jr still works for ENCOM. Will he go his father's path or save Sam's a$$ at the last minute, realizing he does'nt want to be the jerk in the family?

The only way he would do things beneath his ethics is being blackmailed by his father to follow orders, just like MCP did to his father.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 10:37 AM
Tzigone Wrote:I agree - putting it on Encom's system is just asking for trouble. I'm not sure how I think it'll play out. I can see that Sam and/or Quorra would want to fix the Grid, to restore it to its former glory. It was Quorra's birthplace/home and Sam's father created it, so they have good reason. I can't really see why anyone else (bad guys) would be interested in that particular system instead of another system - one with post-1989 programs and Internet access. The digitizing laser, of course, would be of huge interest to anyone who discovered it.

See my response to Kat on this issue. However, there is a pro and con to doing this at ENCOM. The risk is that they may get discovered, but the pro is that Sam is in charge of the company and they have the very best equipment to access within. Not typical 'off the shelf' stuff but high level prototypes. Besides, it would be dangerous to have the Shiva be used at Sam's place which can be stolen easily. He would have to use a safer method of digitization with newer tech, but of course, going the old school route with 'laser zapping you in the back'. Besides, you don't want to look at the laser in front of you or you'd go blind. So looking away protects your eyes.

So, having a private lab with classified clearance is Sam's safest bet to protect the project with Alan's help. Shorr's character might be in it, but he could accidentally blab about it if he's threatened by Dillinger. I can picture their conversation with my own little fan fic scene .

Post-1989 programs are in the ENCOM system. If the original Tron is in there, you can bet he would be several times more powerful than '1989 Tron/Rinzler'. Rinzler can't upgrade any further in 1989 because there is no User intervention to do so and the hardware Flynn used probably got maxed out to the ceiling limit, that CLU can't go grow from there.

The ENCOM hardware is the way to go if the writers decide to bring in Dillinger Jr as the antagonist in the story.

Kat
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 11:15 AM
It's true that they're pretty much stuck with the Encom angle if they want to go with real-world bad guys (though they haven't done for this franchise yet; even DillinSr ended up being just a pawn; his biggest crime was committed years ago and that was theft against Flynn). Anyway, you know my thoughts about Dillinjr being the villain.

There are a lot of places they could take this, though. More threats from the inside (inc. an unstable Grid-- who knows what Sam has saved. It could be a basically-functioning Grid, it could be just a few bits of data, it could be something in-between and that could be very, very screwed-up). It could be an internet threat, if they wanted to open that can of worms. It could just be Sam re-starting the digitization project at Encom (without loading his dad's Grid) and something bad happening there-- corruption of the laser and someone getting trapped, or someone from the outside finding out (either accidentally, or one of the employees is out to leak/sell some info). (where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LORD_Z3DD
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 1:06 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Flynn316 Wrote:

The only way they're gonna find Tron is re-writing CLU in order to trace steps back, almost like an interrogation, although this new CLU 3.0 would be the good version recalling the data from the time he was created up through Legacy.

You know , It could be interesting if the only one that knew how to defeat the villian of the new movie is Kevin Flynn , but seeing how he and CLU 2.0 are dead , the only thing Sam can do is reload CLU 2.0 before he went apeshit and they had this father and son like relationship.

Also, while I think that The MCP should be a villian, I think that the Big Bad should be a human, posibly a digitized Dillinger SR, using the MCP for his own goals
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 5:39 PM
LORD_Z3DD Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
Flynn316 Wrote:

You know , It could be interesting if the only one that knew how to defeat the villian of the new movie is Kevin Flynn , but seeing how he and CLU 2.0 are dead , the only thing Sam can do is reload CLU 2.0 before he went apeshit and they had this father and son like relationship.

Also, while I think that The MCP should be a villian, I think that the Big Bad should be a human, posibly a digitized Dillinger SR, using the MCP for his own goals

He's gonna have to rewrite CLU 2.0 into version 3.0 to fix the Grid because Sam can't administer the Grid himself, nor is Quorra able to do that. She may be an ISO but she can't, I don't think, be upgraded to Administrator status.

They have to rebuild CLU to start from scratch or reconstruct Tron City and expand outwards. That means, time has to fly by the time it's done. I would think it would take about 3 to 6 months for the project to be in progress.

Rinzler/Tron is now an 'aberration' of Tron and has to revert back to his old self, somehow. If he so much walks amok on the ENCOM server, he needs a massive upgrade. Unless ENCOM already has Tron in their system built within Flynn OS, then we're gonna see a bizarre encounter of those two.

I would think the new MCP would be humanoid anyway with the power to manipulate the Grid anyway he wants. If not, it has to be Dillinger Sr and son. His father may be a "ghost in the machine" as MCP which might make sense and can introduce an interesting plot point as an introspection to ethics on using the Grid as an after-life technique from the Real World.

ChessMess
User

on Sunday, December, 09, 2012 10:54 PM
Good news.

In my mind they really need to connect the wonder of the computer with todays modern computing systems. Smartphones, Facebook, the Internet, etc. They need to make the next generation who is fascinated with todays technology look at it in a cool new way.

Much like Tron did way back in 82. Imho.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Overmind
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2012 3:02 AM
ChessMess Wrote:Good news.

In my mind they really need to connect the wonder of the computer with todays modern computing systems. Smartphones, Facebook, the Internet, etc. They need to make the next generation who is fascinated with todays technology look at it in a cool new way.

Much like Tron did way back in 82. Imho.

Yes. Let the programs have jobs.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

---------------------------------------------
That would be all!

CyberBlade
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2012 6:19 AM

haha I think the way southpark did that, with stan zapped into the digital world, is exactly what you are thinking.

Signiture
"So, You are a user, Facinating." "Yes" "No"
"Hah, ICP should stand for Incompetant Confused Programs."

Kat
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2012 8:55 AM

Let the programs have jobs, yeah, but let's not work too much "of the moment" technology into it-- nothing dates a movie or book faster than when you watch it five years later and are like, "*snort* Look, they mentioned that product/current event/whatever that is SO over now." It's hard to make a story timeless when it's full of references to stuff that is relevant for about six months and then it's done (and yeah, I've seen it done in stories, and that's how it is-- you read/watch and are like "well, I'm sure that was cute when this first came out but now... yeah, not so much"). I really don't want Tron turning into some pop-culture lexicon. There are plenty of plots out there without having to have, like, Tron and Sam hanging out on Dillinjr's Facebook page or Alan giving commands to Tron via Twitter or something like that.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

zodiac brave
User

on Monday, December, 10, 2012 11:20 PM
just the fact that this is happening is great!

as for where the story goes, i'll let the writers take me. i think legacy, while differing vastly from the original, was just amazing. it didnt go in the direction anyone was expecting and, while i know some people might have criticized the plot, i think it was an awesome way to go.

as for the point of trying to not have it seem dated...well, yeah...i hope it doesnt come off that way. watching the original now, its EXTREMELY dated, but thats okay, because legacy was done so much later that its to be expected. having another film so soon after the last might date legacy and any future projects might date tron3.

either way, i cant wait for 2015!!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

you're messing with my zen thing, man...

Kat
User

on Tuesday, December, 11, 2012 7:15 PM
zodiac brave Wrote:as for the point of trying to not have it seem dated...well, yeah...i hope it doesnt come off that way. watching the original now, its EXTREMELY dated, but thats okay, because legacy was done so much later that its to be expected. having another film so soon after the last might date legacy and any future projects might date tron3.

either way, i cant wait for 2015!!

But it's the technology they used to make the film that makes it seem dated, not the events of the film. Aside from the fashion and technology in place at the time, we have no indication of when the film actually takes place. The themes of freedom and friendship are timeless. Etc. Now, if Alan and Lora went on a date to see ET in the theater, and they mention the dedication for the Vietnam Memorial, and they go on about that new baby the royals just had, and this other thing Reagan did, and Flynn buys a copy of Thriller, and.... THEN it would be dated.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Carcarius
User

on Friday, December, 14, 2012 6:05 PM
http://collider.com/tron-3-tron-legacy-sequel-news-joseph-kosinski/217942/
A Collider Joseph Kosinski interview on Tron 3.

Interesting to note that there were a few unreleased Daft Punk tracks from Legacy.

The next installment will probably take place 4-5 years after the events of Legacy.

Discusses a possible script, and highlights that he doesn't want to reuse any of the designs from the previous film.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 TRON 3 is Rezzing Up for the Big Screen!