Joseph Kosinski: Tron 3 Will Be Our "Empire Strikes Back"

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
Pilgrim1099
User

RE: Joseph Kosinski: Tron 3 Will Be Our "Empire Strikes Back"

on Tuesday, January, 29, 2013 6:54 PM
cluless Wrote:

At the end of the day, I like a happy ending. I want Flynn back in the real world, on his Ducati (shaven preferably! lol) and re-discovering that boyish humour and a lust for life. That was one of my disappointments from Legacy that Flynns character was so different, not a fighter, the sparkle had gone. I think the look from the movie made him look older than he is. Looked cool in Iron Man.

Anyway, that's my piece said for now.

LOL. Actually I was thinking the same thing for months, but instead of shaven, Kevin's back in the real world, steps into Sam's new home and gets picked on for the "ZZ top" look .

Sam: (snickering) Since when you''ve been rocking the ZZ top look, pop?

Kevin: (in biker jacket, boots, and long beard and shades) Hey, now! ZZ Top WAS cool! AND they still are! How can you say your old man's not cool enough!?

Holograms of TRON and CLU watching both of their banter in amusement.

Kevin looks at his Ducati for a moment.

Kevin: What'd you do with it's engine here? Swap it out?! What'd you do that for?

Sam: C'mon Dad! It's just a tune up! She needed an upgrade. Really!

Kevin: Swear to god?

Sam: I. swear. to. God.

Kevin: Does she purr?

Sam: Of course she does! Here's the key! The bike's always belonged to you. Riding it was the only way I can remember you.

Kevin: Thanks, son.

Lora and Allan shake their head in amusement. Kevin hops on it and extends his hand to Lora.

Kevin: For old time's sake, Lora. C'mon! What do you say?

Alan elbows Lora.

Alan: It's alright. I can catch up with you guys on my moped.

Lora: (hopping on) Where to then?

Kevin: How about that chinese place we all used to hang out at? A little dim sum and drinks?

Alan: Oh it's still there.

Kevin: Really!? Some things never change.

They speed off. Sam laughs it off.

CLU: (turning to Sam) Well. I think it's time for you to go to work, kid.

Sam: Wha?

TRON: Work. You know. The job of a User? Your father asked us to keep an eye on you.

Sam: What!? Oh my god. He made you my babysitters? You've got to be kidding me.

CLU: (smiling and pointing to the computer) As System Admin, I order you to work. And NO games. Quorra can wait, too.

(or something like that)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, January, 29, 2013 7:11 PM
Kat Wrote:
laphtiya Wrote:The whole scene speaks alot about his character, notice how much command and control he had over the system AND the board? The chairman just seemed to bend over backwards and accept what Dillinjr had to say. They all seem to just accept the idea to say it was all "part of the plan" it shows how much weight his opinion carries. I agree that he seems to have this aloof attitude with the others almost as if he has better things to do, and how he casually makes a call when the rest are panicing. It just says to me he's playing ball until he is chairman.

Oh, yeah. I have a feeling the dude's real smart. A lot smarter than his old man. And my favorite part? He just decides when HE'S done with the meeting and walks out. He just... gets up and walks out, doesn't give a shit. I love that. Now that I think of it, I wonder if he's got Mackey's number somewhere, which may be part of the reason Mackey puts up with him.

I usually see him and Sam as mirrors of each other. I think I argued once somewhere here that they could've easily kept the "Legacy" idea and made the film about Dillinjr rather than Sam. I mean, think about it-- we've got this guy who works for Encom, wants to make amends for his dad's asshattery. Then, hell, we get a cameo in a scene or two from this rich upstart kid with an attitude but no direction, who's trying to sabotage the company Dillinjr's working so hard for, and... oh yeah, I could run with that.

Shit, I could run with it big-time. By the end, you'd cheer for Dillinjr and hate that Flynn kid, if I wanted to take it that way. (I'd love to write it, just to throw everyone for a loop, but wow that's a way bigger project than I want to mess with any time soon. Say you take Dillinjr, who's trying to do right by the company after his dad... the Digitization project is still ongoing, complete with Lora [Gibbs may've retired, he may still be some sort of outside advisor]... Dillinjr gets into it because he thinks it'll send the company skyrocketing to the top... rezzes in for some reason... adventures ensue. If you wanna add Sam we could do it one of two ways: 1. Dillinjr ends up have to work WITH him, perhaps for access to some kind of code Flynn had that can repair a problem [this is the kinder, gentler, softer version], or to really twist it, 2. Sam's bitter against the company 'cause of his dad and will do anything it takes to bring it down... Or, shit, if you want, let's say it's Mackey who's guilty-as-sin corrupt, and he figures that with Dillinjr's daddy being who he is, Dillinjr's the same way... only maybe Dillinjr's a bit more Tron than he is Sark and... yup.)

I mean, you've read this, right? http://tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=438403 Kind of my ideas of what Dillinjr's thought process might be during the meeting. (It pretty much makes almost every argument I make for him. And what's more... it works. Disney could throw most viewers for a loop if they wanted to)

I still agree that Dillinger Jr should'nt be a villain because that would be retreading old ground. I think if they're smart, they could change the focus around. Legacy was about Sam finding his father and bringing him home. Now, Tron 3 could be about Dillinger Jr going into the Grid and maybe FIGHT against his despotic father who's mind is now embedded into the digital world and his physical body is dead (not far fetched if you think of Ghost in the Shell, etc) while Quorra guides him around with Sam on the outside ready to pull them out or beam in as 'back up'.

Legacy: Son wants to find his father because of his great respect and love for him.

Tron 3: Dillinger Jr. goes to the Grid to step in and do the right thing. A new hero. Instead of a Flynn, have a Dillinger be the one. Sam was the Grid jockey in this one whereas Dillinger would'nt be that physically imposing but more of a brainy hacker type (aka Zed but much sneakier and resourceful).

Or both of them go in the Grid. I suspect Koz's mention of Empire was probably the tone for 3rd film and that the Programs or CLU (or MCP/Dillinger Senior) wants to bring Quorra back into the Grid. It is possible that Quorra could have a hidden code inside her that CLU secretly embedded in as a sabotage trigger to control her from within. Maybe Dillinger Senior as MCP.

Still, Legacy's ending needs to be addressed FAST and cleanly but also in an intelligent manner to steer Tron 3 back in the right direction. I do not want to see Programs running around in the real world or I'll lose respect for Disney, UNLESS they have an absolute good reason to do it, otherwise holographic programs make a lot more sense than physical. abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, January, 30, 2013 3:22 AM
Sigh, you want another "Tron" movie without Tron as a central character throughout? No Tron saving the day? They should just rename the franchise to "Grid World" so any computer adventure that gets dreamt up could be supported

That said, it's actually a cool concept, Pilgrim (just giving you a hard time), but I prefer all Dillingers in the franchise to be evil. Having Clu be evil instead of good was a bad enough shock to my system Don't need more. What if MCP 2.0 is an eGreeting program in Tron 3, spreading cheer, joy and love throught the Grid and real world? Lol, nooooooo!!!

PS: Kat, I enjoyed your singing in the fanfic threads! Thanks for sharing

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

cluless
User

on Wednesday, January, 30, 2013 7:23 PM
Loved the happy ending Kat. I'd be happy with that kicking off T3. Nice work.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy!

Java
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 5:12 AM
Sue

I've heard rumors that Dillinger's Son would be Sam's major adversary in a possible sequel

anyone able to confirm or have thoughts on this?

END OF LINE.

renderinfo2
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2013 3:31 PM
This is not an excuse. Simply a recognition that Disney seems to have a LOT going on in the movie department these days. In my mind, that means any hope of a Tron 3 just seems further away...

Here's what I read:

There's a whole bunch of movement happening at the Magic Kingdom these days... Mayimbe was talking about Marvel's HULK Plans and how they may affect the 3rd AVENGERS film... We're focused upon the sequel trilogy we've been waiting for most of our entire lives. But the wild success of THE AVENGERS and the anticipated gargantuan STAR WARS with JJ Abrams directing.. it has reformatted alot of Disney's plan.http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60757

renderinfo2
User

on Thursday, February, 21, 2013 2:26 PM
To make up for my "negative thinking" post last week, here's one decidedly more positive:

“[Disney Knows] there’s a good base out there,” Boxleitner continued. “It didn’t do Avatar numbers, but what does? At the end of the day, it’s all about the business and what kind of money things make, but Tron is a steady moneymaker for them. Who knows, anything could happen.” Boxleitner was the first to declare Tron’s third picture, for which director Joseph Kosinski is expected to return after finishing sci-fi movie Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise. “I got in trouble, because I was caught on YouTube saying ‘It’s a done deal!’ I remember talking to one of the executive producers later and I said, ‘Oh gosh, Justin [Springer], I mouthed off for some interview, and now they have me all over YouTube saying Tron: The Next Movie is a definite thing’. He said, ‘It’s OK, I was with the head of production and we were laughing watching this.’ He showed him, and he went, ‘I guess we’ll have to make this now because Tron said so.’ So I think that’s kind of funny. I think, optimistically, that yes, there will be [a sequel].” We ask the actor if he’d reprise his dual roles on the big screen. “If they want me,” Boxleitner says, “I am there.”

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/36120/tron-3-if-they-want-me-im-there-says-bruce-boxleitner/

Pilgrim1099
User

on Thursday, February, 21, 2013 8:02 PM
Traahn Wrote:Sigh, you want another "Tron" movie without Tron as a central character throughout? No Tron saving the day? They should just rename the franchise to "Grid World" so any computer adventure that gets dreamt up could be supported

That said, it's actually a cool concept, Pilgrim (just giving you a hard time), but I prefer all Dillingers in the franchise to be evil. Having Clu be evil instead of good was a bad enough shock to my system Don't need more. What if MCP 2.0 is an eGreeting program in Tron 3, spreading cheer, joy and love throught the Grid and real world? Lol, nooooooo!!!

PS: Kat, I enjoyed your singing in the fanfic threads! Thanks for sharing

lol. Well, we'll see! I think it makes sense for programs to roam around the real world as holograms than physical manifestations. It's like the next natural progression for AI computing and interfaces, not too different than Cortana and the Master Chief in HALO.

I wonder if Quorra was a rip from Cortana? Hmmmm.

MCP as an egreeting app? Now that would be an amusing gag to piss off Dillinger .

DawnStar
User

on Thursday, February, 21, 2013 11:28 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty funny to see.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Joseph Kosinski: Tron 3 Will Be Our "Empire Strikes Back"