TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
Sagitta
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 6:30 AM
Wasn't sure were to place (either here or the letter writing info. Though maybe gone in either?) but anyway...

I played with the Tron logo on Gimp to represent Uprising that could be used on emails as well letterheads if anyone was interested. Not sure how to post imiges on the site so here are the links:

Tron Uprising Icon:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849957925222816178

Tron Uprising Letterhead 1:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849958013750151698

Tron Uprising Letterhead 2:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849958072963949250order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 7:18 AM
Good work, Sagitta.

Those might prove useful at some point. Thank you for sharing and taking the time to work on them.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 5:50 PM
Sagitta Wrote:Wasn't sure were to place (either here or the letter writing info. Though maybe gone in either?) but anyway...

I played with the Tron logo on Gimp to represent Uprising that could be used on emails as well letterheads if anyone was interested. Not sure how to post imiges on the site so here are the links:

Tron Uprising Icon:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849957925222816178

Tron Uprising Letterhead 1:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849958013750151698

Tron Uprising Letterhead 2:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108259326394973359751/albums/5849957924689356417/5849958072963949250

I'll post the images for you:

Icon:

Letterhead 1:

Letterhead 2:

Can I borrow the second letterhead for my letter for tomorrow?

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

BanditTron
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 9:57 PM
I snooped a little on the Disney X D facebook page and they have nothing "TRON: Uprising" on there so for what posts they did have I was sure to leave some "TRON LIVES" comments.

I kept them from being negative comments in any form so even tho they are not relevant to the topic that was posted, I hope the page admin leaves the comments.

I'll be hitting up Disney's Main facebook page in a few.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 1:10 AM
I'll follow suit, Bandit!

Also, I sent those next letters of mine to Disney's offices. Feeling good!

Sagitta
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 5:40 AM
LucrataNexarii, thanks for the compliment.

ShadowSpark, Thanks for posting the actual images. And sure. Consider them all free to use.

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 12:22 PM
Sagitta Wrote:LucrataNexarii, thanks for the compliment.

ShadowSpark, Thanks for posting the actual images. And sure. Consider them all free to use.

Cool. Off I go to write this month's letter.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Riversong
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 3:59 PM
I don't think there's much that I can do in the "real world" besides sending letters, seeing as (as far as I know) there aren't very many TRON fans in my area. However, I could make some digital art to help promote the User Revolution if it's needed.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 4:16 PM
Never falter, Riversong!

There are likely thousands of Programs who can't do much more than send letters. But sending letters - the most basic of contributions from all of us - is exactly the force which can have great cumulative effect!

I'd gladly hear of your own letters added to our count! I'm proud to update the numbers in my signature each time I send another two letters to Disney's offices.

It lets us share our voice, our enthusiasm, our intent, and our art and personal expression.

I want to see that 'Letters to Disney' thread take off!

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, March, 01, 2013 4:37 PM
Riversong Wrote:I don't think there's much that I can do in the "real world" besides sending letters, seeing as (as far as I know) there aren't very many TRON fans in my area. However, I could make some digital art to help promote the User Revolution if it's needed.

Just do whatever you can! Every little bit(no pun intended) helps. Make digital art, real art, send letters, anything you can!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, March, 03, 2013 3:18 PM
I'm itching to work on plenty of things. Those letterheads are especially nice, Sagitta! Thanks again for providing them!

Current list of intent:

- Drafts for inspirational User-support comics for sharing online
- Drafts for paper figures
- Plans for 'Book of the Uprising'
- Digital layout for 'Tron Lives' slides
- Bust-style sculpture of Tron
- Letters! With art.
- Letter topic list (just for variety)where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

BanditTron
User

on Sunday, March, 03, 2013 11:55 PM
Posted some more "TRON LIVES" messages on the Disney X D Facebook tonight. Also noticed a couple others posting about T:U.

IZI
User

on Monday, March, 04, 2013 1:48 PM
a BIG thank you to all the work you guys are doing!!! Allow me to say at least that,while i have been really exhausted with occupying schoolwork myself. >

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, March, 04, 2013 4:59 PM
I was considering using white posterboard or thick millboard myself, but if I can find it in black, that might be just as suitable. For finishing and protective sealing, I have a fair supply of Krylon workable fixative which might add some extra durability to any work. Additionally, Mod Podge or similar material, in multiple coats, can also give a clear,

Your idea of using black material seems all the better, to me. That way, it might serve to accent the light that is somewhere on the surface of all Programs - as well as leaving their suits with that rich black shade.

I'll be taking some regular posterboard, and working with some ink, pencil, and colored pencil on one side, and a different piece with ink, pencil, and acrylic on the other side. I'll give both layers two or three coats of Mod Podge, and see how that affects their durability. I'll report the results here.

Daft Tron
User

on Tuesday, March, 05, 2013 5:24 AM
I'm curious, what is the Purpose of these paper stick figures?

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, March, 05, 2013 6:08 AM
Daft Tron Wrote:I'm curious, what is the Purpose of these paper stick figures?

That one I can answer. What we're planning on doing is sending these figures(in a carrying case or book) around to all the fans who are willing to participate. They will take pictures of these figures in their home town(in front of landmarks/icons/whatever) put the photos in the box(along with notes/memrobelia/art/etc.), sign the book and send it on to the next fan. Once it's made the rounds, it gets sent to Disney. A united and tangible show of support for the continuation of Tron Uprising. Tron Lives!!

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, March, 05, 2013 6:40 AM
I do have two test paper figures I at least have sketched down onto some poster-board. One is of Tron standing, one hand raised in a 'fist-bump' gesture - the holding tab is there. My other idea was for a 'high-five' gesture... I have plenty of other ideas. I'll likely end up sketching them down on a page, and submitting it in the Fan Art section for opinions.

I want to color them both with differing techniques (one in ink and colored pencil, and another in acrylic and ink), and then coat them in a few layers of Mod Podge sealant, mostly to test their durability. I'll also subject the poor things to some abuse, to test their fastness against stains, tea, charcoal, crumpling, being dropped,stepped on, and tugged/ripped.

After all, I don't take any scruples past Murphy's Law. Better to subject the figures to as many stresses as I can, to see how survivable they will be. However, my intent is still to actually have them in duplicates in the book's integrated pockets. I'll also laminate and send a note along with it, containing basic instructions for sending from fan to fan, 'end' instructions for the book to be returned to me once full, or once the list of participants is exhausted, and a set of contact information in case of damages or complete loss of certain figures.

I'd been working on some sculpting of Tron, in bust-style. I've essentially had to rework this entire sculpture, as it was in need of a thicker armature. The sculpture itself has rapidly gotten rather bulky, and the volume alone is a challenge. Not that it was my intent, but Tron's face is near to what I'd imagine life-sized to be... Working at that scale is rather difficult, as I am used to more manageable scales of detail. But, I've been pushing myself to work large and challenge those limits.

The only downside is that plasticine does not exactly smooth nicely, and overall Tron's magnitude of detail is not exactly great; he is mostly smooth surfaces, with any real texture just being his face, and partially his hair.

Otherwise, one would think his overall facial structure easy to model - but seeing a figure (still or animated), and sculpting a figure are two separate things; I also don't have spectacular sculpting skills. Much as with any artwork, one becomes so accustomed to staring at it while working that one essentially becomes blind to any areas of error. So, gauging exact details is a taxing, tedious process.

I can only hope it all turns out in the end. After all, I consider the end arbiter to be the fandom itself. The last challenge would be his chest, and including that 'T' emblem, and the disc on his back - hopefully. I also wish to have three versions of his facial expression, 'Mentor,' 'Hero,' and 'Scars.' But, given that I've had to add more mass to the armature, adding a tilt to his facial angle may no longer be possible - it takes quite some wrestling just to get the inner base to move! (It's so awkward to handle, I have to grip the base with both hands, and use my *shoulder* to move it! And I'd have to remove and replace the entire actual sculptural mass-layer just to do it...)

Speaking of which, I've had to cut into and work with Tron's eye-socket(s) so much, I feel worse than Dyson. =p Not to mention cutting into the back of Tron's head to add more volume-inserts to preserve plasticine supply... Sculpting is an art with brutal, primal nuance. Or so I joke.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, March, 06, 2013 4:11 PM
It's been a few days. I take it it's fine to double-post?

Well, I've picked up some black posterboard paper, and I've yet to complete two test figures. It turns out that the hardware store is phasing-out that lovely poplar board... So I have to make do with strong particle board instead. I've also found some 65 lb. parchment style card stock for use as the Uprising Books' pages.

I had also taken the time to check for available lights. There are some 134 lumen models for around 20 dollars CAD a piece. Those would be fine for a street 'strike team' group.

I still need graphics for a slide, 1200 by 1800 pixels. I might have to Vector something up for myself, for lack of an available artist. Go cheap Photoshop skills! ( No...)

Tron-sculpture is recognizable, although even at this scale, those deep-set eyes of his are a problem. There's not enough mass to complete much of a reach towards his shoulders, but I want to raise up his armature base so I can at least get that 'T' emblem there on his chest... I can tell that smoothing his full figure (as best I can) is going to be painstaking.
EDIT: Dropping some 'Tron Lives' comments around Facebook on Disney Animation studios:

'A character tired of his job, working hard for 30 years, living in an electronic world. My, my, that sounds like...
... Tron! You're just a young rip, playing pretend, Ralph! Show some respect and hearty thanks to the real underground hero and protector of the digital, electronic realm of Disney!
Tron, of Tron: Uprising, would be just the father-figure and mentor you'd need to really shine and gain some confidence.

Tron lives!'

And further, they make no mention of Uprising in their glee over their Annie awards.

' I see praise for Wreck-it-Ralph, and for Paperman... Deserving as these are, my praise lies with Tron: Uprising! For being such an underground series, it's come to garner praise wherever I have looked!

I have not had an enthusiasm for any Disney content for decades, but the writing, visuals and technique development, and concepts behind Tron: Uprising have been excellent! ... It's restored my faith in at least one of Disney's works!

I would strongly wish for a second season, and I am waiting eagerly for it's DVD or Blu-Ray release! When released, I fully intend to buy additional copies and donate them to my local library, Children's Hospital/Health Sciences Center, YMCA, Youth Drop-in Centers, and other similar locations!

I fully believe that Tron: Uprising is deserving of this praise, and I hope that such actions go on to inspire other fans of this excellent series!

Tron lives!!'

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, March, 08, 2013 7:26 AM
Again, it's been a while. I take it others have been busy or away. I haven't seen IZI around as well.

So, I'd humbly request some opinions on these intended books - the ones meant to be shipped about from fan to fan, making their rounds.

First, my idea was for their pages to be cardstock (64 lb. paper, versus typical 24 lb.). This would allow them to be very durable, and accept all ink, artwork media, and also adhesion of photographs to them (with a border around the photos for commentary). Due to the cardstock's thickness and thicker spine swell, I've decided to limit them to ~94 pages a book.

Second, the covers would be fine particle board in 1/4 inch thickness, covered in leather. Each book would have at least one buckle-closure, if not two. These would also allow some expansion of the book due to inclusion of photos, papers, notes, or anything else any Program wants to send along.

However, the binding is what I wished to ask of. It would be easy to incorporate a simple Chicago-screw binding - but this would both leave the screws open to possibly coming loose, and otherwise directly interfe with the outer appearance of the books (unsightly). Generally Chicago-screw bindings lack a proper spine, and are less protective to the contents.

I am accustomed to a Monastic style binding - the 'old school' bindings, with cords in the spine which are laced onto and through the book boards, where leather covers the full book and spine (I could also design it to have more of a clamshell type binding), and there would be endbands (an additional point of strength and character), and some bookmark ribbons.

I also wish to make a custom carrying-case for each book, for practicality and ease of the Programs as they go about. The main section would be fitted to the book, with the inner/back side of the case with a flat-pocket, and the outer side of the front of the case with a thicker pocket, enough to stow a general device, camera, or other matter anyone might require while about. The sides could have a simple pocket for tucking a hip-strap, and it's opposite side likewise for a shoulder-strap.

Where the paper figures are meant to be kept can either be in the book itself in an attached pocket, or otherwise in the case itself.

Opinions?

(Exterior decoration is another matter, and one I'd have to produce some sketches for. Again, ideas? I'd be glad for anything others have to share.)

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, March, 10, 2013 9:39 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Again, it's been a while. I take it others have been busy or away. I haven't seen IZI around as well.

So, I'd humbly request some opinions on these intended books - the ones meant to be shipped about from fan to fan, making their rounds.

First, my idea was for their pages to be cardstock (64 lb. paper, versus typical 24 lb.). This would allow them to be very durable, and accept all ink, artwork media, and also adhesion of photographs to them (with a border around the photos for commentary). Due to the cardstock's thickness and thicker spine swell, I've decided to limit them to ~94 pages a book.

Second, the covers would be fine particle board in 1/4 inch thickness, covered in leather. Each book would have at least one buckle-closure, if not two. These would also allow some expansion of the book due to inclusion of photos, papers, notes, or anything else any Program wants to send along.

However, the binding is what I wished to ask of. It would be easy to incorporate a simple Chicago-screw binding - but this would both leave the screws open to possibly coming loose, and otherwise directly interfe with the outer appearance of the books (unsightly). Generally Chicago-screw bindings lack a proper spine, and are less protective to the contents.

I am accustomed to a Monastic style binding - the 'old school' bindings, with cords in the spine which are laced onto and through the book boards, where leather covers the full book and spine (I could also design it to have more of a clamshell type binding), and there would be endbands (an additional point of strength and character), and some bookmark ribbons.

I know nothing about book bindings, so you'll have to look elsewhere for help on those.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:I also wish to make a custom carrying-case for each book, for practicality and ease of the Programs as they go about. The main section would be fitted to the book, with the inner/back side of the case with a flat-pocket, and the outer side of the front of the case with a thicker pocket, enough to stow a general device, camera, or other matter anyone might require while about. The sides could have a simple pocket for tucking a hip-strap, and it's opposite side likewise for a shoulder-strap.

Where the paper figures are meant to be kept can either be in the book itself in an attached pocket, or otherwise in the case itself.

Opinions?

I'd make sure the book was attached to the carrying case.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:(Exterior decoration is another matter, and one I'd have to produce some sketches for. Again, ideas? I'd be glad for anything others have to share.)

Again, I'd use the hexagonal pattern found here on Tron-Sector.

Easy to do, and it shows support for Uprising in the details.

Tron Lives!

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign