TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
LucrataNexarii
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 12:56 PM
I'll be remaining with Tron: Uprising style figures myself.

I was just working on a model of Beck's face (to be cured and attached later). I have numerous other things I want to work on, so I might as well make a list. Input would be much appreciated!

List of current activities:
1) 4-inch model of Beck. Just a test-work, this is meant to see the range of difficulties and practicalities to contend with. I'll have to work on a smaller set of figures, 2-inch, as larger figures would be too bulky to carry about, even in a specialized box.

2) Figure box. Once a few figures are complete, modify a simple box and use it to safely transport the figures. Maybe a black exterior, with Grid-like stylization. Include carrying strap if of sufficient size.

3) 1200 X 1800 (4X6 inch print at 300 dpi) 'Tron Lives' images for use in 35mm projector slides. Red/Pink, Blue, and 'Tron Lives' with 'T' emblem. Simplicity may be best, due to images having to compete with building surfaces.

4) Letters to Disney, hand-written, with transcripts - and sketches! Suggestions? Tron only, at this point, as I lack sufficient skill and familiarity with other characters.

5) Acquire reasonable flashlight, and test making projector units. When done, modify exteriors to be black and easily handled, along with focus markings, alignment markings, etc.

6) Specialized 'Strike Team' carry case/bag for projectors. Leather. Slots for batteries, spare slides.

7) Uprising Manifesto draft. Who we are, what we fight for - and not just Tron: Uprising, but the fight against killing good shows for profit as well!

8) More letters to Disney. Break out the Calligraphic ink! And more sketches.

9) Frappr-style map?

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 4:35 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:4) Letters to Disney, hand-written, with transcripts - and sketches! Suggestions? Tron only, at this point, as I lack sufficient skill and familiarity with other characters.

Try other things, not just character sketches. Like my 'Tron Lives' sketch.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:5) Acquire reasonable flashlight, and test making projector units. When done, modify exteriors to be black and easily handled, along with focus markings, alignment markings, etc.

Here are some flashlights.

EDIT: This will be sent with one of my letters:

I put a lot of work into it. Do you guys like it?

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 24, 2013 9:39 AM
thats a very good picture!! Thought of printing one myself, but a hand-drawn clearly is not the wrong choice at all.

Ill be working on the letters, figures, and the ..travel box?

Though, wont we only need one, if the figures are gonna go traveling in it? For example if i make one, cant all fugres just travel in it as they go? Although, Lucrata if you want to make one its fine too. Is it better to have a lot of figure boxes?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, February, 24, 2013 2:14 PM
I was just experimenting to see if I could sculpt some figures successfully at all. So far, the 4-inch figure is ... Passable, but it's not yet painted. I have Beck's face done, but I want to wait on making some 2-inch figures before I cure them and see the results.

I think it's great that we're working on separate ideas. Your idea seems much more practical, IZI, and easier to execute and detail.

As another twist on the overall idea, I had seen 'Paper Dolls' on some art sites such as DeviantArt. They are small paper figures which you hold at some point - but they're usually highly expressive, causing them to 'interact' in some way with the holder. As an addition to that idea, instead make their 'transport case' a booklet instead. Have a foreword of our drive and wishes as Programs, and for each person or group who it's sent to, we can all leave a note in the book! Of course, with all photography sent to a central blog, or somesuch.... Perhaps we could send the whole book to someone meaningful afterward?

I was too dead after my long work shift yesterday to work on those letters to Disney, but it's certainly been in the back of my mind. I have a liking for calligraphy and Monastic-style bookbinding, so I was thinking of making a 'Tron Lives' emblem on parchment-hued paper, and giving it a sort of 'Book of Kells' style treatment. (However that stylization would work out) And if that stylization doesn't function well (I'll also have to complete them twice), then the emblem and words, hand-drawn, would do just as well, along with the letters.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, February, 24, 2013 7:45 PM
I had a thought about the Paper dolls idea. How about instead of making a bunch of sets, you only make one or two. Then you send the set(in the travel case/booklet/whatever) to one person, who takes pictures in their city, prints the pics and adds them to the booklet/case/whatever, signs it, then sends it on to the next person. Once the set has made the circuit(no pun intended) of all of the fans(maybe all around the world), it gets sent back to the maker, who then sends it to Disney. That way, instead of us being a bunch of individual fans, we can show up as one cohesive fan base, all working together. What do you think?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 2:36 AM
Yes, I had much the same thought myself, ShadowSpark.

It's one step to have an idea, but the circuit-plan is something I was thinking on, much to the same conclusion. My end-thought was over how to most easily include the set of photos and images all together. I like your idea of each recipient printing and adding their set to the travel case/booklet, as it would add more of an involved continuity.

I'd be willing to bind a book for that (dyed leather cover, tooling of choice, X number of pages), but that does beg how much pages and space would be apt. Taking a handbound book in hand, (that is, 6x8 inch), it has ~200 leaves. Assuming each recipient would take six leaves (four glued/adhered pictures) and two pages of notes and thoughts, that would make for about 25 recipients, give or take. Naturally, fans could include as much as they like. I have thinner parchment-textured paper, or cotton-blend 'Granite' type. There is also the option of just using thick 'end-paper' 50lb material, which is quite durable all by itself, and perhaps better suited to being a surface for adhering photographs onto.

Mind you, such books would take a while to bind. A simpler format might suffice, but I'd sooner send along something which is quite durable, and hopefully respectable by Disney representatives. The practical side is that such a book is best kept light, and perhaps small. It would be more timely to have at least two such books in circulation among our fans, so that they could be filled and returned - and set to Disney! - in due time. It would also be quite easy to find a way to build a containment pocket (of some form or another) for the paper dolls right onto the books.

If anything, it would be a strong honor to know that these projects could simply be shared among fans. We seem to share similar ideas, so I could as easily work on three books, one for each of us, customized as required.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 2:55 AM
Another thought is that instead of binding books and then gluing pics in, we could put the dolls and a small book in a box(a shoebox or something), and send the box. People would write their name and location in the book, and put their own little packet of pictures and notes in the box. Then they send the box on. That would save you from having to make a big book.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 4:31 AM
True, but that does beg the question of what would have a better impact and ease of handling or reference - more for presentation.

A handbound, old-style book would seem much more nifty, rather than just a box. It would reflect a somewhat more formal basis, plus be a handcrafted work - as opposed to, say, some store-purchased 'photo journal' type of matter. My other worry over a box is that it could be potentially easily disorganized - that is, if other fans want to look through the photos of journeys and notes from other Programs.

The end-impact and product was my thought... Though we don't know what will ultimately come of it once it's shipped to Disney. I wonder...? But, if it's unique and thoughtful enough an item, perhaps it might find it's way into the right hands.

If I am to bind three books (I have a side and a half of thinner vegetable-tanned leather, perfect for such books, along with plenty of thinner, lighter particle board), I was thinking of three design types. While lighter shades generally aren't possible, a black outer basis with certain circuit-shades might be good. Blue-black, Red-black, and Yellow-black seem to be the main circuit types in Tron: Uprising so far. I could include a small buckle-closure with each, to help keep everything safe. That figure-containment pocket might be an interesting problem.

Of the figures: should we have them laminated (though that might cause some figure glare)? Do we have some good cartoonists among us? Are there any ideas for their pose and characterization or style overall? (More fun, serious? Held-figures, or standalone ones?)

IZI
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 2:48 PM
you guys are getting the hang of this!

I decided on paper dolls as well. Im going to make a beck-doll, and a tron doll as soon as i get the hang of it. Ill be checking this site if the ideas change, and see how our plans can cooperate.

The booklet idea going around person to person was what i had in mind.

i actually sent a request to a culturefund to help me with the costs. I told them we were a group so we should really start a website/blog for this idea! And put the pictures/stories there when they are ready.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

ShadowSpark
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 5:09 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:True, but that does beg the question of what would have a better impact and ease of handling or reference - more for presentation.

A handbound, old-style book would seem much more nifty, rather than just a box. It would reflect a somewhat more formal basis, plus be a handcrafted work - as opposed to, say, some store-purchased 'photo journal' type of matter. My other worry over a box is that it could be potentially easily disorganized - that is, if other fans want to look through the photos of journeys and notes from other Programs.

Who said anything about 'just' a box? I was thinking that the box could be decorated. and what if someone wants to add something more than a photo or note? Something 3D? I was thinking I might put one of the pendents I'm making in it. And If people staple or paperclip their photos/notes together, that would make it less disorganized.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 26, 2013 6:11 AM
A fine consideration, ShadowSpark. I like it, but it would seem to expose some small trinkets to possible damages due to repeated shipping or general handling (curses to Murphy's Law). It might also become cumulatively more expensive. But, it would certainly add a good impact to such a 'treasure chest!'

I seem bent on producing a book, and I'll likely begin it some time soon, I'd hope. If the design is successful, and if desired by others, I'd gladly produce other books for free, for anyone willing to participate.

... Speaking of which, I'll take a crack at putting together a Google Guest Map, tomorrow. Maybe it will give us a stable basis for tracking just where all of we Programs are - and from there, we can start collecting willing participants! Charting the path of least-resistance for sending (over long distances at least) would be a useful task.

For now, I'd been working on these letters to Disney. Here is a page from one. I will have to replicate it's general design on a second page. Although the image is simple overall, it's measurements had made it more tedious than expected. There is also some iridescent gold ink included on some parts of the lettering and mild circuits.

... Just as a consideration, should we keep these literal letters to Disney in the 'Letters to Disney' thread, if we're to go about continuing with our letter-crusade? order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

IZI
User

on Tuesday, February, 26, 2013 10:46 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:A fine consideration, ShadowSpark. I like it, but it would seem to expose some small trinkets to possible damages due to repeated shipping or general handling (curses to Murphy's Law). It might also become cumulatively more expensive. But, it would certainly add a good impact to such a 'treasure chest!'

I seem bent on producing a book, and I'll likely begin it some time soon, I'd hope. If the design is successful, and if desired by others, I'd gladly produce other books for free, for anyone willing to participate.

... Speaking of which, I'll take a crack at putting together a Google Guest Map, tomorrow. Maybe it will give us a stable basis for tracking just where all of we Programs are - and from there, we can start collecting willing participants! Charting the path of least-resistance for sending (over long distances at least) would be a useful task.

For now, I'd been working on these letters to Disney. Here is a page from one. I will have to replicate it's general design on a second page. Although the image is simple overall, it's measurements had made it more tedious than expected. There is also some iridescent gold ink included on some parts of the lettering and mild circuits.

... Just as a consideration, should we keep these literal letters to Disney in the 'Letters to Disney' thread, if we're to go about continuing with our letter-crusade?

aaah, its really nice that you and the other programms do your best for this series! its makes me glad. the picture is awesome!

and yes, i think we should keep to our threads. We should really have one thread per idea. One for letters(check), one for the projector,and one for the figures.

And still stressing out that i asked for funding for this project from a culture fund for students!!! so a website/name/formation will be needed soon!!!! I can create a blog, thats no problem. But the blog-format might not be well suited..

Nikefutbolero
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 5:17 AM
Sorry guys I haven't been able to post anything about the projector idea. I have the plans and everything ready I just need to buy the flashlight and supplies. Unfortunately I am a college student that also pays rent to even the 100 dollars I need are hard to come by. As soon as I can come up with the money I will get this project underway and start the user uprising and take it all the way to Disney Studios.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 6:29 AM
Good luck! I want to work on a vector-image of 'Tron Lives' so it can be easily re-sized and put to use. I am no master of Photoshop... But if there is any Program with great graphics skill, this would be your time to shine!

Here, a standard 35mm slide's digital format would require a 1200x1800 pixels at most Photo Labs; they are also quite cheap. If we can get our hands on a 70mm slide, that might be better for your needs, Nikefutbolero... But the only place I've seen them is on a site where you have to order online.

I will certainly help support your idea in all ways that I can! After all, you are closest to them, and vital to our efforts - so I'd certainly like to see your work be top-notch!

... I admit, though, that I do not have much financial resources to spare, myself. But, if you are able to make your plans come together succinctly, I'd gladly lend some financial aid if I can! It certainly wouldn't hurt me to part with some money, and especially for such a task!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 10:36 AM
Well, I decided to Tweet this one to Bruce himself. We'd all more than love to hear his return in Tron: Uprising - and that is what our crusade of letters reflects. Sketched with good thoughts and good wishes, I can only hope that our shared, continual efforts inspire others to join us!

From here on in, I'll keep any letter images in the 'Letters to Disney' thread.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 2:03 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Good luck! I want to work on a vector-image of 'Tron Lives' so it can be easily re-sized and put to use. I am no master of Photoshop... But if there is any Program with great graphics skill, this would be your time to shine!

Here, a standard 35mm slide's digital format would require a 1200x1800 pixels at most Photo Labs; they are also quite cheap. If we can get our hands on a 70mm slide, that might be better for your needs, Nikefutbolero... But the only place I've seen them is on a site where you have to order online.

I will certainly help support your idea in all ways that I can! After all, you are closest to them, and vital to our efforts - so I'd certainly like to see your work be top-notch!

... I admit, though, that I do not have much financial resources to spare, myself. But, if you are able to make your plans come together succinctly, I'd gladly lend some financial aid if I can! It certainly wouldn't hurt me to part with some money, and especially for such a task!

Lucrata,

I recommend using Adobe Illustrator for vector work. Don't use photoshop or it'll look pixelated. Vector is the way to go with this kind of logo design plus it's easily scalable.

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 8:40 PM
I've started work on the prototypes for my Tron Lives Pendants:

Now they just need to be fired and painted. So they should be done soon.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 9:07 PM
Good to see, ShadowSpark! I hope they turn out well! ... I know ceramics tend to come with some disadvantages, especially risks of breakage during firing.

Did you have any hopes for glazing, or specific types of colorization or differentiation?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Wednesday, February, 27, 2013 9:09 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Good to see, ShadowSpark! I hope they turn out well! ... I know ceramics tend to come with some disadvantages, especially risks of breakage during firing.

Did you have any hopes for glazing, or specific types of colorization or differentiation?

Was going to do it really simple. Black background, red, blue, and white 'T'.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 28, 2013 3:14 AM
Looking forward to seeing them, Shadowspark!

When I am able, I wonder if I'd have the right tools or execution to make something similar out of a disc of alabaster or steatite... The same stands for that little Identity Disc of Tron's which I put together. While polymer clay is fine, I much prefer something more durable and meaningful.

Also, a message to Dave Gill, via Facebook. I wonder if it will get a response?

Dear David Gill,

I am sending this on behalf of the many fans of Tron:Uprising, with regards to any charitable activity or group-efforts which we seek to put into motion. This is also sent with regard to my own intended charitable activity in promoting Tron: Uprising.

While we have access to the public addresses of some of the Disney offices, I would like to know if there is a more direct representative to whom we can send or address physical letters or objects of interest.

Considering the charitable activities I had in mind: when Tron: Uprising is released on DVD, I intend to purchase multiple copies and present those to such locations as the local Children's Hospital of Winnipeg, the Winnipeg YMCA, the Winnipeg Millennium Library, and other similar locations, when possible.

While an individual effort is fine, I hope to make these actions on behalf of the Tron: Uprising community and our active interest in the show's continuation. Further, my actions will be made in the hopes of inspiring others of our group to take similar action.

I am aware that Disney takes a strong stance of community involvement and positive values. I would like to know if there is a certain branch or representative to whom I could forward images, letters of reference, or any other matter related to such donations.

I see Tron: Uprising as a superb production well worth actively supporting, and it's incarnation of the character Tron as honorable and dynamic, especially in the writing behind his mentorship of the character Beck. I, and many fans, strongly wish to see this story to it's completion.

Thank you for your time and attention. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Adrienne Morin

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign