TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
ShadowSpark
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 6:13 PM
DawnStar Wrote:What if we "Tronified" Disney's headquarters? We would not only use the projectors, but we would also use TRON LIVES graffiti, and maybe put up some blue glow-paint patterns on the walls and stuff......in the middle of the night.

What do you think?

I'd love to help, but this is obviously something only fans that live in CA can do. I'm in AZ, sorry.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

DawnStar
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 6:30 PM
I can't do anything either....

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 6:49 PM
Hell, I'm in a whole other country - Winnipeg, Canada.

... And I've never thought to myself for one moment that there's nothing I can do! I believe entirely that we can help those closer to targets than us accomplish what they want. Hell, any group of Programs, I'd be willing to help.

What do we need for a 'strike team?' Projectors, sidewalk-graffiti stencils, cool shirts for group images. Help them have fun, and show all the other Programs they're doing it. Are they travelling a long way to get there? Are other Programs helping with the ride? Send along some gas money.

Inspire others!

What do we need for 'Protest groups?' Banners, flags to place on a stand or hold up, pages to tape up and post in local areas. We can do the digital design work, we can help type up and make our group documents.

We have an identity. We can make a site for ourselves. Can one of us run a page? Can we help rent proper web address space to do it? I'd chip in in a heartbeat!

A Frappr map would show where we are. Groups as small as three could accomplish much. Contact them - spread the word. If we can get just one 'Strike team' and one 'Protest group' (or both as one) to show what they've done, then that will leave us with two vital resources: one, material we can pass on to that group (signs, projectors, display/leaflet files), and more importantly - Programs raring to go, and wanting to have some fun,and shout 'Tron Lives!'

Send letters! Take pictures of those letters, any artwork, and good statements! Show it on Tumblr, Twitter, anywhere! Sending letters feels good, it's creative, and supportive.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 6:55 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:Hell, I'm in a whole other country - Winnipeg, Canada.

... And I've never thought to myself for one moment that there's nothing I can do!

Hold up - I never said I couldn't do anything. I just said I can't help bombard Disney HQ. I'm doing my part, I just can't help with that particular part.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

DawnStar
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 8:15 PM
Hold up - I never said I couldn't do anything. I just said I can't help bombard Disney HQ. I'm doing my part, I just can't help with that particular part.

Me neither.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

IZI
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 1:13 AM
Ill do what i can from here, like i said. a website could mobilise our intentions. I have to start asking around for people who know how to make them...

i´m still holding on to my idea on passing a torch of some kind, though no one has yet to show any interest. so ill present it once more!!

i would want to make small cardboard figures of tron around my city, then mail-send them to the next person. The programms go interrailing to various nice places!
very much inspired by this--->

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/little-people-in-the-big-city

i can start making the figures if enough people are interested in this. If no one is, ill figure out something else.

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Nikefutbolero
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 3:14 AM
^ I could do it around Sacramento and San Francisco, CA..order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 5:45 AM
Nikefutbolero Wrote:^ I could do it around Sacramento and San Francisco, CA..
I can do that here in Sedona! We made 7th on the 'top 10 places for nature-lovers to visit in the U.S.' Bring the programs to Sedona and I'll take pics of them in front of the iconic Red Rocks.

Tron Lives!

IZI
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 9:55 AM
ALRIIGHT!!! AWESOOME!!

the idea has simply rented a room in my mind, so im really glad i can do something with it! on my way to school there are so many tron-like bridges and undergrounds, i just picture tron fighting page or just chillin there! Ill start on the models,and put them here to get some feedback, then on with the pictures!!

its a very good beginning that you support it, thanks for that! And pictures in forests would be fantastic! im off to build programs then.

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 12:26 PM
Pardon me, Dawnstar, Shadowspark. I suppose that I am just as frustrated as either of you that I can't directly help with any of the more fun/daring activities... Also, I've just as much pent-up energy as any other Program here. But primarily, I'd taken your comments as suffering from a touch of cynicism - and that's the last thing we need here, at such a vital time. I'm all for support and activities we can share.

I'm glad you brought the idea of sharable, back up, IZI. It sounds great to me! It would be great to have access to the actual, small figures, though... But it does bring to mind that I do have a fair stock of polymer clay, and some brass wire for an armature; the only matter which I would need is a base.

I could always take a crack at working on some small 1-inch figures. I also have acrylics, and sealant. I might give it a go just for the hell of it, but my small-scale sculpting capabilities aren't the best.

Your idea has me thinking of the iconic places and views around this city which I could visit with such figures, cardboard, printed, sculpted, or otherwise.

Which brings to mind, would you be sending along the figures in a small carrying-case for their safety, be they cardboard or sculpted? I'd worry about their safety a bit, no matter what material the figures are made from. I've heard that Warhammer 40k bases are often weighted with washers, or coins.

... Hmm. I wonder if sending along a small pin-light/LED would work, and I could apply an iridescent gel to the figures' circuits, to get that slight glow-effect while taking photographs. That, or just apply a bit of Photoshop overlay. The latter would be more simple. But, I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I get an 'itch' to sculpt every now and again; let's see if that works out, first.

Ideas, ideas. The more the better!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 4:36 PM
IZI Wrote:ALRIIGHT!!! AWESOOME!!

the idea has simply rented a room in my mind, so im really glad i can do something with it! on my way to school there are so many tron-like bridges and undergrounds, i just picture tron fighting page or just chillin there! Ill start on the models,and put them here to get some feedback, then on with the pictures!!

its a very good beginning that you support it, thanks for that! And pictures in forests would be fantastic! im off to build programs then.

If you get them done(and sent to me) before the end of May, I'll bring them along to PHXCC2013 and take pics of Little Tron(and Beck and whomever else you send me) with Tron himself. And with Yori too. ^_^

Tron Lives!

IZI
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 5:27 PM
ohmygosh! now im REALLY inspired! I´ll definetly get them done before may!
lucrata, i had first thought of making them two-dimensional. But i think i will improve with the details as i make them. it would be nice with real small action-figures, but its more effective if we make our own. Ill start with the two-dimensional card-board set-pieces, and maby some figures with wire that can be moved easily when i figure out how they are done(I made some in school many years back)
The LED idea is really good! it wouldnt be too difficult.

Of course if you all want to make figures we can include them to the collection! I mean, im no artist, just an okay mechanic.

And i´d try to send them as safetly as possible! I can afford that.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Friday, February, 22, 2013 6:55 PM
The first thing that came to mind is that it doesn't take too much to pick up one of those wooden dollar-store boxes of a fair size, and line the inside with foam. Make 'dividers' with foam, and place those inside, then just modify the outside with a stronger latch-hinge.

There, instant (paintable!) Tron figure box.

That, or many hobby-shops have cases specifically for Warhammer 40k figures, but those can be expensive... Also, now I get the image of Uprising-Tron standing around with a bunch of Space Marines as a Special Character. **

Also, I have loads of Super Sculpey here, along with acrylic paints. Why don't we both try our hand at small figures? I wouldn't want the figures to be to easily damageable, nor too prone to wind or elements. So, a 5cm/2-inch figure seems reasonable to start. Also, I don't know how most people's cameras handle. Mine is crum for focussing on smaller objects.

** Hmm, Tron seems exceptionally tough overall. Considered just as a figure, no vehicle, my stats knowledge is a bit rusty, but here we go, just for entertainment: WS: 8 BS: 5 S: 4 W: 2 I: 8 T: 5 A: 4 Ld: 10 Sv: 3+ Fleet of Foot, Move through Cover, Ignore Instant Death, and Fearless. Weapons count as PowerFists, AP 3. Ranged Weapons: Twin Discs, Assault 2, "18 S: 6 AP: 4 OR Return Disc: Assault 1, Flame Template, S: 5 AP 4

Special Rule: Summon Lightbike: During the Shooting Phase, Tron can manifest a Lightbike, and gains and additional 12" move. This can be done during any Shooting Phase, as long as Tron counts as possessing a Lightbike baton. When this Special Rule is enacted, Tron becomes a conspicuous target, and if in range of enemies with ranged weapons, suffers 1D6 (or the maximum units in range) attacks from foes. Those same foes cannot make their Shooting attack phase next turn.The Lightbike is considered to have T: 5, W: 2. If Tron moves into Close Combat with enemies, he must use his Shooting Phase attack rules, and his Lightbike is considered absent. If the Lightbike is destroyed, Tron does not take a roll to Wound, and Tron no longer counts as having this Special Ability for the remainder of the game.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

IZI
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 1:43 AM
and the TRON box will be left with a bunch of stamps from different countries! I think i have some old shoe-boxes i can paint.

Im not completely sure of what i want to do, but if our visions are very different, it would be nice to have some poses that are exactly the same even if our figures differ(like the tron pose).
Since this is a revolution from various countries, it would actually be nice to have different looking versions of tron.
I´m going to go shopping for materials tomorrow, so i think ill have a clearer vision wether ill make them two-dimensional,or try to make them movable with wire.

my siser has an exellent camera, so no problems there i think.

DawnStar
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 2:27 AM
I made a onlne petition.,on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 2:33 AM
I do some amateur ceramic work, so I'll try something in that medium. Not figures, but reliefs of sorts. Maybe some pendants? I'll think on it.

Tron Lives!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 4:35 AM
If I'm capable of it, I wanted to try a set of figures. At the least, Tron and Beck. But preferably also Able and Paige, or Mara and Zed, too - but that is rather a lot, and I haven't been able to try even a small test figure (of Beck) yet.

I did pick up some washers, though, which should make good bases for 2-inch figures. As nice as it would be to have stand-alone figures such as in that link.. Wind, rain, clutziness, and general bad luck do happen. So, having washers as a base would be far more useful. Balancing stand-alone figures can also be a problem, and I simply don't have the experience or time to work with that.

I was thinking that they could all follow a basic set of poses. Standing, sitting (such as on a 90-degree ledge), cheering (one arm raised, such as in declaration or triumph), and perhaps a characteristic pose for each... Such as Tron pointing ('Do it again, and better!'), Beck, hands akimbo ('What, it's not my fault!'), Able with one hand raised, as if explaining something ('I told you, fool!').

It's just a thought for now. I'll try making up a quick Beck figure tonight, and perhaps tomorrow I'll have a chance to try my hand at painting it. Time to break out the brass wire and polymer clay.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your own ideas are, IZI! Also, good call on having Tron in different versions. I prefer the Uprising version, myself (also, given our cause), but others would be neat.

EDIT: Test-Beck's body is complete, sans head. I'll hopefully complete that and attach it tomorrow; for now, the test-figure is affectionately known as 'Zom-Beck' or 'Biscuit Beck' for having finished curing slightly on the burnt side.

This ended up being a 4-inch figure, and looking at it's scale, even having just a handful of these could get a little bulky, so I'll have to aim for smaller figures. 2 inch was my original hope, and I'll try for that with a different figure type. At that small scale, bases might not be needed, as the stability of this 4-inch figure required some additional foil around the washer base to compensate for the wires which anchored the figure's feet.

Sculpting small would also offer the major advantage of avoiding smaller details, especially facial or hand details - simply because they are extremely time-consuming, and threaten to drive me blind. It's very difficult to work a facial likeness where the character's face is half the dimensions of my fingernail. My eyes are bad enough. Also, the figures might be in some situations where they might be damaged; simplicity is practical.

This Sculpey is quite soft, making detailing a pain. Due to it's composure, it takes any and every small nudge, fingerprint, or touch, yet it can't be easily carved away yielding smooth results (additional mass pulls along with it). I've heard that rubbing alcohol can have a smoothing effect, so I'll have to see if that works.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 10:21 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:The first thing that came to mind is that it doesn't take too much to pick up one of those wooden dollar-store boxes of a fair size, and line the inside with foam. Make 'dividers' with foam, and place those inside, then just modify the outside with a stronger latch-hinge.

There, instant (paintable!) Tron figure box.

That, or many hobby-shops have cases specifically for Warhammer 40k figures, but those can be expensive... Also, now I get the image of Uprising-Tron standing around with a bunch of Space Marines as a Special Character. **

Also, I have loads of Super Sculpey here, along with acrylic paints. Why don't we both try our hand at small figures? I wouldn't want the figures to be to easily damageable, nor too prone to wind or elements. So, a 5cm/2-inch figure seems reasonable to start. Also, I don't know how most people's cameras handle. Mine is crum for focussing on smaller objects.

** Hmm, Tron seems exceptionally tough overall. Considered just as a figure, no vehicle, my stats knowledge is a bit rusty, but here we go, just for entertainment: WS: 8 BS: 5 S: 4 W: 2 I: 8 T: 5 A: 4 Ld: 10 Sv: 3+ Fleet of Foot, Move through Cover, Ignore Instant Death, and Fearless. Weapons count as PowerFists, AP 3. Ranged Weapons: Twin Discs, Assault 2, "18 S: 6 AP: 4 OR Return Disc: Assault 1, Flame Template, S: 5 AP 4

Special Rule: Summon Lightbike: During the Shooting Phase, Tron can manifest a Lightbike, and gains and additional 12" move. This can be done during any Shooting Phase, as long as Tron counts as possessing a Lightbike baton. When this Special Rule is enacted, Tron becomes a conspicuous target, and if in range of enemies with ranged weapons, suffers 1D6 (or the maximum units in range) attacks from foes. Those same foes cannot make their Shooting attack phase next turn.The Lightbike is considered to have T: 5, W: 2. If Tron moves into Close Combat with enemies, he must use his Shooting Phase attack rules, and his Lightbike is considered absent. If the Lightbike is destroyed, Tron does not take a roll to Wound, and Tron no longer counts as having this Special Ability for the remainder of the game.

That sounds like one of those classic Mage Knight figurine tabletop combat games I've seen around in the market and at the gaming shop. In fact, I have the older classic versions from about 10 years back.

The Warhammer boxes, on the other hand, are definitely expensive. That hobby shop has a huge wall full of them in shelves. Has to be seen to be believed. I recall one hobby shop in northeast Ohio I grew up in that had one area with a table for players to game on. It was interesting. I just recently heard that Palladium is working on a tabletop gaming project for the Macross (Robotech) line using mecha figurines. Tempting!

But using sculpey is not a bad idea as they're an economical solution. I see them stocked up all the time at the local art supply store I go to when I need to get a new sketchbook or inking pens. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Pilgrim1099
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 10:27 AM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:If I'm capable of it, I wanted to try a set of figures. At the least, Tron and Beck. But preferably also Able and Paige, or Mara and Zed, too - but that is rather a lot, and I haven't been able to try even a small test figure (of Beck) yet.

I did pick up some washers, though, which should make good bases for 2-inch figures. As nice as it would be to have stand-alone figures such as in that link.. Wind, rain, clutziness, and general bad luck do happen. So, having washers as a base would be far more useful. Balancing stand-alone figures can also be a problem, and I simply don't have the experience or time to work with that.

I was thinking that they could all follow a basic set of poses. Standing, sitting (such as on a 90-degree ledge), cheering (one arm raised, such as in declaration or triumph), and perhaps a characteristic pose for each... Such as Tron pointing ('Do it again, and better!'), Beck, hands akimbo ('What, it's not my fault!'), Able with one hand raised, as if explaining something ('I told you, fool!').

It's just a thought for now. I'll try making up a quick Beck figure tonight, and perhaps tomorrow I'll have a chance to try my hand at painting it. Time to break out the brass wire and polymer clay.

May I suggest creating one Tron figure where one half of him shows his original 2.0 self and the other is the Rinzler half with his face covered up? Almost like as if he's going through the Rectification Process, crouching with his two discs about to strike while CLU, being himself, stands regally behind him with his arms crossed and smirking arrogantly as he's got TWWOOOONNN on his side as if he's saying "Game Over, Programs!".

IZI
User

on Saturday, February, 23, 2013 12:33 PM
with different versions, i meant like how you build them. Like i think i will build my figures in a very 2-dimensional comic-character way, but if others want to try something else, its good too.
Im gonna go with the uprising version since this is about tron:uprising. But other series versions of tron is not bad either. Like the 2.0 one suggestion one post up.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign