TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
LucrataNexarii
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 7:57 PM
From the sounds of it, we will need a few divisions of material.

A Manifesto, basically about us as a group. This may also be important for our group as a whole, as it would give new people - or any possible more formal persons - something to refer to... Or refer to us by.

A formal Petition document, outlining exactly what we want, and what values we see this effort as embodying.

A 'mobile' petition document, likely of a more portable sort, or more presentable sort, for handing out to others, or showing to others, etc. This could also be incorporated into pamphlets.

Leaflets of various kinds for handing out, or posting; one side could be more graphics-oriented (eye-catching). Generally such 'spam' only gets a sole glance by people.

Perhaps also post-board type images, for putting up around the community in certain areas, or for just taping around light-fixtures. This would have to be of a hardy, professional-quality material, I believe. I'd certainly pay for a few if I had a document on hand.

I liked the one idea of finding Disney's employees' cars and putting some under their windshield-wipers. (I wouldn't see that effort as invasive; although we want them to notice us, we also don't want to spook them or cause any grief - that is certainly not our goal, as I personally see it.)

.. Although, by this point, and looking at the reactions of some fans, Disney would certainly deserve to have their chains rattled a little. Or, if we had a more concise target, at least that executive or persons behind it, anyhow. (I mean that in a non-malicious way, of course.)

EDIT: If we are going to share drafts of text or layout, what programs/formats are we using? My computer is as old as the rocks... Well, maybe not that bad, but still. I'd think that RTF would be the most basic file transfer type. DOCs can have their incompatibilities, and TXT is too basic. Then again, drafts are drafts, and I only expect them to be for basic information and layout; those who are more skilled can see to image and finished development.

Is there any Program here good in basic graphics for incorporation into the document? Is there anyone who could work with some slick digital artwork featuring Tron, Beck, both, or other characters or design layouts?

EDIT 2: Some reading indicates that most 35mm slides are at 4096 X 2730 pixels. This is indicated elsewhere at being the high-quality equivalent of a 16X24 inch print. I am not familiar with these conversions or basis of common/quality resolution.

A full display of 'Tron Lives' (or equivalent of our message) Would presumably require an image of at least 30 by 20 feet (10m x 6.6 m). I have an old computer. The highest resolution file my old box of a computer could handle is a 72 px/inch at 400/340 inches (33 ft. x 28 ft - or 11m x 10.5m). I would also need a way to transfer this file and have it converted into a slide.

I still have yet to call around at the Photography Labs in my city and see what I can get, and if a slide at that resolution is possible. I also intend to keep an eye out for any available slide projectors, and if they take any slides greater than 35mm.

Some sites indicate 'Superslides' for multimedia displays and presentation at superslides at 16 megapixels or 4096 X 4096.

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

LucrataNexarii
User

on Thursday, February, 14, 2013 6:20 AM
It's been long enough. May I double-post?

Let's see if this works. I haven't posted a direct image before.

Behold my scrawl. Note that I do not currently have a COAST HP17.I have to find a similar-dimension model and see how that affects the lens placement. Also, a diffuser sheet might be required. More testing is needed.

Merely notes, mostly that a full unit, at least using the test materials I have at hand, indicates that a long-distance, high-powered projector mount would be around three feet long, if not more, depending on the need for the distance of focus required.

I am under the impression that for a large-scale projection, a 70mm slide would work best. Smaller handheld units are easily possible (and more portable), and could utilize 35mm slides and removable lens/slide mount barrels.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2013 7:49 PM
^ That's awesome bro!
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DawnStar
User

on Friday, February, 15, 2013 9:50 PM
Wow!
So, where can we get the materials? And how soon can we start?

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Saturday, February, 16, 2013 4:34 AM
Essentially a very basic unit only needs a light source, a slide, and a lens. Beyond that, it's only a matter of securing the slide in place in front of the light, and also holding the lens a proper distance away.

I've seen basic home projectors made with so much as cardboard, tape, and a flashlight and slide.

The greater questions are over durability, deployment, and possible repair needs. If they are going to be shared among Uprising groups, then use instructions and repair should be included in case of need.

Having a unit in multiple parts would reduce overall vulnerability of any section, and make the overall projector unit more easily stored.

I hope to test a 'mobile' small projector first. These would most easily suit single individuals or small groups (of up to three). I have to see if there is much focal dropoff in distance... These units would be made for relatively short-range projection, such as across a street (assuming any street in a populated area is about four lanes or more). I may or may not have to make the lens adjustable. Presumably the flashlight and slide-holder could be a solid section, with the lens segment being a slide-tube.

I have to search to see if thin, flexible plastic is available to make a tubular base of the structure. While box-based designs would at first seem more robust and useful, Tube-based units would require only basic alignment and assembly. If not plastic, than stiff, high-thickness leather might work just as well, if necessary, depending on the length needed. Numerous household materials might also work. I would have to look around. Even multiple layers (or a roll) of posterboard can do just as suitably.

My end goal is to make projector units as easy and low-cost to make as possible. I see it as important that the projectors must be unobtrusive and easy to carry and use. Black sports tape has no reflectiveness, and good gripping roughness. Assembly of units could be as simple as just lining up markers on the tube exterior, turning on the light, and pointing; with a tube base, the exterior could be marked with relative distance of focus, too. They could be rapidly taken apart and concealed in a bag.

In the end, that is exactly my intent: three handheld units - either all in one bag, or with two additional carry-satchels. The main bag could have slots for additional batteries and slides. The perfect item from a group of three willing Programs or more; three fans could easily 'paint' a large swathe of space! abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, February, 16, 2013 11:41 AM
I did find this when looking for home-made projectors: http://cheezburger.com/7026443008

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

IZI
User

on Saturday, February, 16, 2013 12:33 PM
whoa, thats looking really good..hope it works! where would you want to target the picture?

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

ShadowSpark
User

on Sunday, February, 17, 2013 10:04 PM
This picture, drawn with no stencils, will be sent to Disney with my next letter on March 1st:

on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 7:53 AM
Hell, yes, Program! Go all the way, ShadowSpark!

I'll be writing and sending off another two letters tomorrow, hopefully. I intend to use some calligraphic ink and metallic inks for the letter portion, including a typed transcript, and a similar 'Tron Lives' set at the bottom corner of the page.

Then, I'll gladly be increasing my letter-contribution counter to 4!

I have more to say on the projector efforts, but I don't have the time at the moment.

IZI
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 4:06 PM
two more letters sent BABY YEAH!!where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 5:27 PM
What if we "Tronified" Disney's headquarters? We would not only use the projectors, but we would also use TRON LIVES graffiti, and maybe put up some blue glow-paint patterns on the walls and stuff......in the middle of the night.

What do you think? where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 5:45 PM
This is much my idea of what I'd like to help some group of Programs do... Minus the actual paint graffiti.

Basically, get a 'strike team' of Programs, equip them with at least three light-projectors of 'Tron Lives' graffiti-style (in red/pink and blue), and one 'Tron Lives' with the T-symbol.'Paint' the building at night - take lots of pictures.

In addition, with some sidewalk chalk or other non-damaging medium, graffiti the sidewalk with 'Tron Lives!' in stencils up and down the street and to the entryways... Just so they have a little calling-card on their commute into work.

End goal: first, fun and a good time for the Programs and any other fans who get to indirectly or directly see this. Second, that they hear our voice and will: Tron lives! And third, no actual damage to property or persons.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 6:11 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:This is much my idea of what I'd like to help some group of Programs do... Minus the actual paint graffiti.

Basically, get a 'strike team' of Programs, equip them with at least three light-projectors of 'Tron Lives' graffiti-style (in red/pink and blue), and one 'Tron Lives' with the T-symbol.'Paint' the building at night - take lots of pictures.

In addition, with some sidewalk chalk or other non-damaging medium, graffiti the sidewalk with 'Tron Lives!' in stencils up and down the street and to the entryways... Just so they have a little calling-card on their commute into work.

End goal: first, fun and a good time for the Programs and any other fans who get to indirectly or directly see this. Second, that they hear our voice and will: Tron lives! And third, no actual damage to property or persons.

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!!
Now, the issue: How do we get all those materials?

Nikefutbolero
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 12:03 AM
Hey Lucrata, I found a flashlight on Amazon that's actually cheaper and is 1000 Lumens. It's the Coast HP550. Let me know what you think?

Nikefutbolero
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 12:07 AM
I would love to be part of the 'strike team'!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

IZI
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 3:12 AM
this projector idea is getting better and better! go for it!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 3:18 AM
Excellent find, Nike!

1000 lumens, and with slide-adjustment! I wonder how that would affect a projection? It'd certainly be something to experiment with! The cost is also exceptionally low, all things considered - the only downside is that I can't quite see the full dimensions.

If I could find a test-light of highly similar dimension, it would allow me to start testing an actual structure. The greatest challenge at this point would be how to ensure the unit's overall durability at the joints where a flare/cone is concerned, such as the junction of the flashlight, slide holding segment, and end focal tube - all of which are not likely to have the same general dimension.

I'm also eager to see if any of the Photo Labs around my city can supply both 35mm slides, and 70mm slides. That would really open the way for consideration of what level of detail and impact we can get.

Nikefutbolero
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 8:29 AM
Im going to try to get my hands on a Ryobi P716 spotlight (50 dollars at Home Depot). It's rated at 2800 Lumens and has a xenon bulb..

LucrataNexarii
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 4:08 PM
Yes! I've been wondering about spotlights, though I hadn't checked their listings yet.

It's quite a wide beam, so you'd need some way to keep it focussed down to a narrower cone. I've also heard of large 'Super Transparencies' available from some photo labs (as opposed to the smaller 35mm or 70mm slides) which might might occupy the full beam cone, instead.

It sounds like that Ryobi would cast a mighty force. I seem to recall that 2000 lumens will carry clearly for multiple city blocks, and cover whole complexes. Needless to say, I'd love to see that tested, and ready for action.

I'll be gone for a few days, but I'd just as soon be able to put that time into prototypes, or making the graphics for quality slides (and ordering those).order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

Rinzler2010
User

on Tuesday, February, 19, 2013 5:12 PM
This is the greatest idea i have heard since the Flynn Lives Campaign for Legacy! I hope that you can find a way to do this cause it would be cool and if you are planning on creating a group website like Flynn Lives, I will gladly join because I love the series and I want to see a return of it espcially with the cliffhanger ending at the end of the last episode. and my suggestion is to use either the design from the episode where beck loses his disc or use the design from the most recent news report on here on the front page. Good Luck. Tron Lives!!abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign