TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
DawnStar
User

RE: The Official Tron Lives Campaign - Update Pg1

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 12:22 AM
Ok, so I made a flyer using Microsoft Word. I used the picture posted earlier on the top of the page, and below, I wrote "TRON Lives!". Now, what's next? Any ideas?
BTW, the background is black.

Somewhat related: I think an interesting way to catch Disney's attention is to somehow find a music tower (or build one) and try playing songs from the TRON Uprising soundtrack from there. Most convenient place: near Disney's headquarters. What do you think?

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 2:50 AM
Current notes of our activities and ideas:
--Create Manifesto of Tron: Uprising
> Manifest incentive for all Programs looking to be active
> Singular activist entry
> Group manifest for activities
> Core values
> Primary goals
> Secondary goals or associations
> Other
> Note also regard for our own safety and mutual support of one another

-- List active ideas for action for Tron: Uprising Programs
> Manifesto (fan-wide, anyone) entreaty to fans for action; also point of group-identification - we stand as one, we call on others
> Individual projects - letters to Disney, word to friends
> Group projects - active groups, public displays and activities
> Strike forces - activists willing for a cause
-- Support (financial, material) for these persons
-- Media (tumblr, blog, photos) coverage for these people
-- Proper briefing on possible public/legal concerns before taking action; we must consider these things carefully, not that I expect any real trouble - at worst, 'mischief warning'
> Charitable causes - Donation of Uprising DVDs to public works, libraries, drop-in centers, etc.
> Portfolio development - tracking held group events, photos, charitable work, sending formally bound books and works to Disney as a statement of our intent and hard work and love of Tron.

-- Group Contacts, Divisions, or Registry:
> Who are you, what do you seek to do, do you have a name for your group?
> How can we all help in this effort?
> What locales are you in, to make this heard, or what impact can you have on Disney?
> What skills do we have to offer? (Ex: I am a hobby leathercrafter, bookbinder, and stonecarver; I possess tools for minor working of wood and boards, a drill for metals and plastics)
> Is it possible for group-wide contact with other members? Gather as a group and have live chat or video with other supporting members?
> Is sharing or mailing of resources (banners, lights, leaflets, shirts, anything) desired or possible?

-- Current ideas for materials and supplies:
> Large image projector
> 'Strike team' smaller projectors (handheld)
> Banner production
> Emblem-flag/stand production
> leaflet production
> Sidewalk chalk 'Tron lives' stencils

-- Misc. Notes:
> Forwarding Manifesto and public displays to media/social Networks/Blogs

List ends here.

My own rambling:
ZexionVI, good idea! I've had this idea, myself. This would make a good, easy activity for nigh any willing Program!

Well, Daft Tron, I take it that makes me an ISO... I never would have figured. I am also a female.

Nikefutbolero, consider yourself our first 'strike' member. Automatically, you have my pledge of 20 dollars (American), for gas money. Arrangement for getting that to you can follow, once we have the hardware for you.

I've been thinking over the idea of a handheld, concealable image projector (in two parts, a front mount for a 35mm slide, and a focussing lens, and the main high-lumen flashlight, at least 200 lumens) for a couple of weeks. I have also considered attempting to find old cameras (of the bulky, photography sort), and seeing if they can be hollowed out and modified into image projectors.

I intend to produce a custom case for the main unit, and two side units for easy carrying. Design sketches may follow, including those for public display/rally banners.

I will also discuss a draft Manifesto with someone I know; she has a fair background in writing and documentation of general sorts.

Dawnstar: Although black is an appealing choice for aesthetics, that may best be suited for more formal or not-so-numerous works. A black background would be hell on one's ink supply. Minimalist work is best.... But we should share your work here and submit multiple ideas and see what has the greatest design impact. I am sure that all of us could review this and find what is the most appealing.

Also, Tron Lives images:

http://imageshack.us/f/534/trontronlivesblank.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/819/trontronlives1357775324.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/515/trontronlives2.png/
(File 'TronLivesBlank' doesn't seem to display it's preview properly? Click for image all in white, as opposed to the others being in solid white or black.)

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 10:47 AM
I think the white flyer with black lettering seems more TRON LIVES-ish. Plus, worh his outfit being white in Uprising, it makes more sense. We should create a webpage or something and put the URL on the flyers so we can get the message across better. If we can get a finalized flyer up, I'll carry them around an post them everywhere i see a bulletin board. I'm going to a community college so theres a lot of those around! My friends will also help as theyre Tron fans as well!

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 12:46 PM
ZexionVI Wrote:I think the white flyer with black lettering seems more TRON LIVES-ish. Plus, worh his outfit being white in Uprising, it makes more sense. We should create a webpage or something and put the URL on the flyers so we can get the message across better. If we can get a finalized flyer up, I'll carry them around an post them everywhere i see a bulletin board. I'm going to a community college so theres a lot of those around! My friends will also help as theyre Tron fans as well!

That's a great idea! So, what should they look like?order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 3:15 PM
Much my thought as well, ZexionVI. A page or 'Official Support Tron: Uprising' site would be a necessity, or at least highly useful as a coordinating point. If we have a unified message and set of goals in our support and desires for Tron: Uprising (and anyone who wishes to support Tron material), it would be good to state it there.

Also, peripheral interests could be discussed. Many cite Uprising as a source of excellent animation and quality production. This points at such things being sorely lacking. Further, Disney's highly disagreeable act of having Uprising cancelled for thin/baseless purposes is equally distasteful to me. Money over product, and profit over fans (not that, from a business perspective, I could expect otherwise - but all I see is that Disney is attempting to put a bullet into this incarnation of Tron, and end the worthy tale which Charlie Bean and his team were attempting to create. That thought irks me.)

My first thought for a flyer draft is to partially reflect Tron's chest design in Uprising. As ZexionVI said, a white background with bold black text may work most easily. The title up top, and about a third of the way down, two light blue horizontal dividers, with the T' emblem. Below that, two divisions of topic, with a blue vertical divider.

PH3AR
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 3:25 PM
I'm a graphic designer, who happens to live about an hour from their main office in Burbank. This is totally doable.

I could fairly easily recreate the TRON LIVES graffiti from Uprising into a slide, maybe even a small repeating movie that moves in the same way as the graffiti from Uprising.

That would be sick.

Then put "Flynn Lives" esque flyers all over the area around the office.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON: Gridlines
A new TRON community, for a new Digital Age.

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:25 PM
PH3AR, thats...awesome!!!!!.

LucrataNexarii Wrote:Much my thought as well, ZexionVI. A page or 'Official Support Tron: Uprising' site would be a necessity, or at least highly useful as a coordinating point. If we have a unified message and set of goals in our support and desires for Tron: Uprising (and anyone who wishes to support Tron material), it would be good to state it there.

Also, peripheral interests could be discussed. Many cite Uprising as a source of excellent animation and quality production. This points at such things being sorely lacking. Further, Disney's highly disagreeable act of having Uprising cancelled for thin/baseless purposes is equally distasteful to me. Money over product, and profit over fans (not that, from a business perspective, I could expect otherwise - but all I see is that Disney is attempting to put a bullet into this incarnation of Tron, and end the worthy tale which Charlie Bean and his team were attempting to create. That thought irks me.).

yeah, the money over product is exactly what came to my mind when i heared of the possible cancellation. And its sad because Charlie and his crew are so creative, its not about them doing a shitty job.
And does anyone know how to set up a internet page?We are gonna need one soon, people have such great ideas that need more space. And we need a name!

LucrataNexarii Wrote:My first thought for a flyer draft is to partially reflect Tron's chest design in Uprising. As ZexionVI said, a white background with bold black text may work most easily. The title up top, and about a third of the way down, two light blue horizontal dividers, with the T' emblem. Below that, two divisions of topic, with a blue vertical divider.

sounds good and easy to use.
hey you spoke about the torch-idea some time ago? i have this amelie-esque idea that has been coming to me, so here i go;

we build small set-pieces of uprising characters demonstrating,
or fighting in a group.(tron lives style)
We can make them of thick paper and cardboard.
We make them small enough so we can put them in an envelope and mail them.
Then we can place them standing in lots of different fun places, take pictures and send them around to the next person once we are done.
The pictures can be put online to the uprising site(hoping that we set one up) and an album of this can be mailed to disney.
The uprising-themed hand made figures appear in different countries, places, in creative photos making the statement that tron lives and we do care!!

(like the gnome that went traveling by itself in amelie)

this should not be so hard to do once there are enough people willing to. What do you think??

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:27 PM
I'm not all that good with design or anything but I think some mix of the Tron symbol with the TRON LIVES graffiti would be good for a flyer. I say we have a web home first though. Just so we can put a URL on it. I think we could definitely make something look really good. If we pull it off right, we could get enough attention because it could seem like it's official viral.

ZexionVI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:37 PM
Possible names:
The Renegades
The User Alliance
The Uprising
System Monitors

Anyone think any of those sound good or have a better idea?

The campaign will be TRON LIVES I'm assuming? Haha

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:51 PM
from those i´d choose "the renegades". i had some name-ideas in my head today, but cant think of them now. and,please tell me what you think of my picture-idea!! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 8:06 PM
DawnStar Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:But what will the leaflets look like? If you guys can tell me, I'll make them on my computer and send a link to it so you guys can print them out en masse and do that other stuff. Deal?

Well, you can use your imagination . I use Photoshop or InDesign for this kind of work. At least I have nowhere to put the leaflets in Vermont and am far away from Disney HQ. But a flyer, on the other hand, could be used on the coffeehouse board, otherwise population density around here is small :P.

And no, I did'nt grow up here originally, only from the midwest (long story).

Photoshop? Can you use Microsoft Word?
I'll [probably make a flyer....

Ah, did'nt have time to respond to this one as I was so pre-occupied all day. I use Photoshop files for certain digital work but mostly when it comes to flyers, Adobe InDesign is usually a better tool for that.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 8:11 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:

Dawnstar: Although black is an appealing choice for aesthetics, that may best be suited for more formal or not-so-numerous works. A black background would be hell on one's ink supply. Minimalist work is best.... But we should share your work here and submit multiple ideas and see what has the greatest design impact. I am sure that all of us could review this and find what is the most appealing.

Also, Tron Lives images:

http://imageshack.us/f/534/trontronlivesblank.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/819/trontronlives1357775324.png/
http://imageshack.us/f/515/trontronlives2.png/
(File 'TronLivesBlank' doesn't seem to display it's preview properly? Click for image all in white, as opposed to the others being in solid white or black.)

Lucrata,

Instead of black background, I suggest white using Tron's Uprising circuitry. That would create a design relationship with that show's tone. Use his famous circuitry as a border around the document with the text within.

But, I wonder if one could produce flexible transparent paper with circuitry on it and print the flyer on it? That would certainly be eye catching. It must look PROFESSIONAL in high res (300 dpi).

I also think a manifesto booklet with white circuitry containing a letter of protestation and pages of digital signatures, along with user comments, within would be a cool touch. And it should say 'published by Tron Sector' that way they know it's coming directly from RIGHT. HERE.

CLU would be impressed. Or throw another temper tantrum if Tron is mentioned .

EDIT: PS. at the moment, I'm working on a t-shirt design for a local fencing tournament event next month so it's due tomorrow :P.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Nikefutbolero
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 9:43 PM
Yeah we definitely need a website because we are going to need to link people to it on any fliers we distribute.

I'm still brainstorming of how I'm going to do my projections..I'm going to join some A/V forums and ask around for some ideas. Idealy I want these projections to be huge and clear.

Check these out..

http://vimeo.com/channels/urbanprojection/40470990

DawnStar
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 9:45 PM
Hmm.....sounds interesting, everyone. I'll see what I can do.

obibyn
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 12:30 AM
Noobie here. May I suggest somehow incorporating the "Don't let the revolution end before it has a chance to start!" quote somehow. Makes sense.

Great idea btw about the projection.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 1:43 AM
Yes, you should!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Nikefutbolero
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 1:48 AM
Does anybody here have any knowledge on projectors?

Nikefutbolero
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 1:48 AM
Does anybody here have any knowledge on projectors?

LucrataNexarii
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 3:52 PM
If we are to have our own site, I believe it would be important to have a Manifesto for us as a group - our identity, values, and who we are (but non-binding as to individuals, of course) - along with our desire for Tron: Uprising to be continued. Perhaps this could belong in an 'About Us' page, or just as a part of the main page.

The petition (or overall activist cause) itself could be it's own separate document, with it's own design, details, and interesting matter.

I'd see a division (or specification) of these two documents as a sort of professional detail to our organization. Maybe the Manifesto would prove useful in some efforts later into their progression. If we ever do get any audience with any representative of Disney, whether in person or not, having a portfolio of our efforts would be a token to our cause.

My thoughts on the Manifesto:it is important to say who we are. Yes, fans. Yes, we certainly support Tron, Tron: Uprising, and it's continuation! But I feel it's good that we also outline our core values. Personally, in addition to seeing Tron: Uprising continued, I support a calm outlook towards our efforts, with a highlight towards support (of any kind) towards one another. Also, though there are many who are outwardly incensed towards Disney and it's executives' ... Distasteful choices; I'd join in on the clamour, had I that sort of personality. But, regardless of that, I also prefer a positive stance in any formal response to Disney - mostly with emphasis to the skilled work of Charlie Bean, Edward Kitsis, and Adam Horowitz, or any producers concerned, certainly including the voice actors! Our incentive towards charitable, healthy causes would also be an additional boon.

Also, I still believe that extending our range of concern to supporting other aspects of animation and works of good quality and digital media is important - the same also to responsible and transparent management of said works. Broadening those horizons of our concerns would allow us to reach out towards any peripheral groups or people who might share a zest for seeing others stand for backing worthwhile productions - especially from those who should have the capacity to create such things.

There are many an aspiring animator, animation group, or participants in digital media, who could easily see Tron: Uprising as an exemplary point of admiration. It's discontinuation would just as much be a tarnishing strike against those who want to have faith in the ability of worthwhile, intricate work to be supported by the bastions of the digital world (Disney, etc.). I find it sad that for as much as many people are inspired to get into animation by the likes of Disney and others, that such shining examples as Uprising must meet their fate at the hands of a disillusioned few (executives) who see fit to end such works.

DawnStar
User

RE: The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:51 PM
LucrataNexarii Wrote:If we are to have our own site, I believe it would be important to have a Manifesto for us as a group - our identity, values, and who we are (but non-binding as to individuals, of course) - along with our desire for Tron: Uprising to be continued. Perhaps this could belong in an 'About Us' page, or just as a part of the main page.

Great idea. I'll start on that.

The petition (or overall activist cause) itself could be it's own separate document, with it's own design, details, and interesting matter.

Maybe, but where do we start?

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: UPRISING 
 The Official User Revolution - Tron Lives Campaign