Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
The Tweaker
User

Re: Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

on Thursday, July, 15, 2004 12:37 PM
Tweaker also sat quietly. Tron Fanatic, a fellow User-believing program like himself, had been derezzed, and horribly derezzed. Tweaker wanted with every polygon of his shell to go back and avenge TF, or at least retrieve his core dump. That was utterly impossible, however. They would have to avenge him by saving TronSpace instead.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

harpo989
User

on Thursday, July, 15, 2004 2:48 PM
I ran a few more system checks on the transport pod, leveled off the speed, then set the control panel to alert me when we arrived at the station. I rested back in the control chair, and looked out the large windshield. the pod was running along the outside of the base, so I looked out into the deep, black sky. it was rare you could see the sky this well, not lit up by the many package transports and glowing data feeds of the net servers or endless stacks of archive bins at the file servers, or the endless purple glow of my home, the fCon servers. TF would not see anything like that again. no more of those beautiful energy falls in unformatted partitions, or the pounding sounds of mp3s and laughs at the local power bar. TF didn't even really want to come to this server. he didn't even have to help the ICPs. he did everything because he wanted to help save the electroverse. and now even that is in doubt. I sighed, then pressed a few buttons to run another systems check.

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 2:47 PM
Tweaker unclipped his ID disc, pressed his palm against it, and began composing a letter to his User. Best to record this mission's events before they faded from RAM. The assault against MCP256. Meeting Harpo. The alarm. Fleeing the base. The error. Joining forces. Trying to sneak through the Game Grid. Harpo getting captured. Rescuing him. Meeting Kamui. Finding this base. The gridbugs. TF's deresolution...

Tweaker attached a prayer to the document. Perhaps, on some forgotten server, Tron Fanatic had made a backup of himself... if so, James would find it.

Tweaker looked out the window to see their destination in sight. He saved the document to his disc and holstered it. The pod began to slow, and Tweaker placed his hand on the command that would blow the door. It was time to come in swinging.

harpo989
User

on Saturday, July, 17, 2004 6:41 PM
As the pod neared the station, I turned back and spoke to Kamui and Tweaker. "Once we're out, I'm guessing that we'll have two milicycles before that wall takes out the transmittor. (OOC: roughly equal to three and a half minutes) ...and that assumes the gridbugs don't get us." I brought the pod a little faster then safety required, and it slammed right into the station, the safety fields bringing it to a stop instantly.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Sunday, July, 18, 2004 3:58 AM
The pod screeched into the station, then lurched to a stop. Tweaker slammed his hand down on the control, and explosive bits blew the door out, into the room... taking out a swath of gridbugs on the way. The hallway between the transport and the command area was completely packed full of the little green glitches. At the far end of the hallway, an energy barrier had thus far discouraged the 'bugs from penetrating, and an easy-to-use permission ring decorated the release control, but up to that point it was 100 yards of solid gridbugs.

The three heroes vaulted out of the car just as it was overwhelmed by a flood of gridbugs. The car instantly decomposed as the 'bugs obliterated its central functions.

Tweaker switched to LightCycle mode before he hit the ground and began to cut down a solid swath of gridbugs.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kamui
User

on Sunday, July, 18, 2004 8:29 AM
IPeX woke up

IPeX trails off as Kamui.EXE rezzes up her Data_Katana and charges in swinging,
~Kamui.EXE

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Sunday, July, 18, 2004 3:23 PM
I activated my railgun mod for my mesh, and began to pelt the gridbugs with my double meshes, making gridbug parts fly everywhere. I yelled to Tweaker, "you get the door! it's a gridbug proof-field, so once it's open we can be safe!" and I continued to destroy gridbugs by the dozen.

[comment] Say, is the commander's story interesting enough? or should I just drop it? (switching subjects, I have a great idea for the end... I hope it's good.) [/comment]

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 11:50 AM

Tweaker's lightcycle drove a line through the field of gridbugs. The bugs flew left and right as the LightCycle swept through their ranks, clearing a line of safety that instantly faded as the 'bugs reformed behind it. Gridbugs of all sizes tried to latch on with their claws, but by the time they could grasp the Cycle, they were already flying through the air. Inside, Tweaker gritted his teeth as the Cycle's mutliple impacts caused it to shake and jerk mercilessly. Gridbugs died in dozens.

Finally he reached the end of the hall. If anything the gridbugs were thicker here, but Tweaker blasted forward and derezzed his LightCycle.

Then the world switched to bullet-time.

The Tweaker hovered in the air, drifting upward and forward toward the energy field. In slow-motion, gridbugs slashed at him with their claws from every direction. He cartwheeled, dodging an attack from the left, and kicked the release control as his feet came down on the right.

/You do not have the required permissions./
Tweaker knew that if he stayed in place, he had a very short time to live. The impact from his kick caused him to drop to the ground, leaning towards the control panel. He immediately leaped into the air, launching himself in slow motion towards the ceiling. In mid-air, he rezzed in a Plane Primitive and set it to Patch mode. The Plane mashed into the ceiling and its adhesive activated, leaving Tweaker dangling by one arm from a white square on the ceiling.

Suddenly everything sped back up. Tweaker became acutely aware of two dozen gridbugs directly beneath his feet, all slashing wildly with their claws at an impossible speed.

"HARPO! We need your permission cracker! Get over here, quickly! HEEELP!!"abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kamui
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 1:28 PM
"IPeX, hook me up to any active user you can find. they may be able to help us out!" kamui.EXE commands.

Says IPeX.

~Meanwhile in the Userworld~
*Tayah Terwilleger is at her Computer when she sees Kamui.EXE appear on her screen*

Tayah: What the----?! No way! *Message appears* Don't worry, girl! I'll help you! *Types away furiously*

*Jet enters*

Jet: Tayah, it's break time and...... *Tayah flings a CD case at him* Gah!

Tayah: Not NOW, Jet! Maybe later!

Jet: *Muttering as he walks away* She's gotten really weird lately.......

~back in the Digital World~
Something rezzes up in kamui's hands. There's a note with it, kamui.EXe reads it aloud.

"This is a really powerful prankster bit. Once you use it, it will NOT work again. Use it well. From Tayah. Well! Let's give em' HELL!" kamui.EXE says as she runs in to the sea of gridbugs.

Normally it would be conisdered suicide, but with the new prankster bit in hand, she had a plan.

"EVERYONE! BACK OFF! FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Kamui.EXE yells as the fires off the prankster bit.

It explodes sucking in all the gridbugs with it. A bunch of static was generated. Eventually, the vortex rezzes away.

~In the Userworld~
Tayah: *Cheering* YEAH! WE DID IT KAMUI! *kamui.EXE disappears* Hey! Where did you go? *Runs a search* She's gone..... *Shock* no.... NOOO!

Jet: *By the door* Tayah.....

*Alan appears beside Jet*

Alan: Best you leave you friend alone for a while. It seems she has an attachment to that program.

Jet: But wasn't Kamui.EXE deleted a little while ago?

Alan: Apparently, not completly.....

~Kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

The Tweaker
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 6:00 PM
The blast from Kamui's Super Prankster Bit derezzed every last gridbug in the hall. With electronic screams, the 'bugs dug their little claws into the ground in a futile effort to keep from being sucked into the vortex. Tweaker himself would have been vacuumed up had he not been solidly attached to the ceiling-- as it was, he bent at a near 45 degree angle to the swirling vortex until it collapsed.

Tweaker clicked off the Plane Primitive and dropped to the ground. The hallway was clean, purged by fire and gravity fields. A hundred yards away, Harpo peeked out from behind a wall he had taken cover behind to avoid deresolution.

The threat was gone... but so was Kamui.

Kamui
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 6:58 PM
Kamui.EXE opened her eyes and rubbed her sore header. She knew she hadn't been sucked in. Perhaphs she was flung some where else? She looked around. It was apparent that she was on some sort of grid.

"Oh great! Just what I need! Being flung so some other place!" kamui.EXE growls.

She suddenly realizes that she wasn't alone.

~kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Monday, July, 19, 2004 9:04 PM
I looked around, wondering where Kamui was, when I sensed a strange feeling in my AI. she's still alive... I turned to Tweaker and spoke: "we've only got 1.5 millicycles left. let's hurry." I ran over to the lock and activated my door hack, while I spoke to Tweaker. "Don't worry about Kamui. somehow... some way... I can sense her. she's still processing. for now we need to concentrate on this door."

------------

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 8:49 AM
"Who's there?" Kamui.EXE asks.

"Just me," replies the voice.

"Um.... can I see you?" kamui.EXE asks.

The program steps out of the shadows. He wore a brown travaler's cloak and had deep red eyes.

"You're the mystery program! Is there a way out of here?" Kamui.EXE says.

"Yes." says the program.

"Can you tell me?" Kamui.EXE asks.

"I can only point you in the right direction. Seeing as you are a part of the obscure legend, you SHOULD be able to go the direction I tell you without trouble. The direction is west," says the program.

With that, the program disappears. Kamui.EXE was about to open her mouth to say something but the opportunity was too late. The Mystery Program was gone.

"So he says to go to the west. Either he's just made fun of my sense of direction or," Kamui.EXE says as she starts walking west, "or this is a dangerous direction."

~Kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 11:48 AM
Tweaker nodded. "No way would Kamui have jumped right into the middle of those Gridbugs and detonated that Prankster Bit without some sort of backup plan. Either she'll be back, or we'll find her later. Any way I can help you with that door?" he asked, poised to jump through the door as soon as the field came down.

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 4:13 PM
"Nope." I finished the door hack and the door opened. I immidietly ran in, discovering a large, cylindrical room, with the roof extremely high up, if there was one. the room was als very dark, the only glow coming from a empty archive bin floating in the center of the room, roughly chest high. "There's the transmittor. we need to hurry." I started to run over to the bin, when I tripped and almost fell down a deep shaft, barely grabbing the edge. "Uh... a little help, Tweak?"

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, July, 20, 2004 6:07 PM
Tweaker knelt by the ledge, grabbed Harpo's arm, and pulled him up. "You know, all this could have been avoided if you'd used *copy* on that file back at MCP256 instead of *move*. But no, you always have to have the only copy."

"Let's implement that plan of yours. That code wall is getting closer!"

Kamui
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 8:26 AM
Kamui.EXE was walking down the hall way west. She started singing to herself.

"Oh if I were to walk to one thousand servers and I were to walk to one thousand more! To be the program I want to be----" Kamui.EXE's song was cut of by a noise.

shuffle, shuffle
Kamui.EXE rezzed up her modified LOL and started to look for the threat. When she didn't find it, she turned back to face the west only to find a Datawraith in front of her.

"GWAH! GRIDBUGS!" kamui.EXE yelped.

~kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 3:41 PM
I looked at Tweaker. "Hey, I'm a possessive program. " I glanced at my system time ping. "only one millicycle left..." I ran towards the Bin, this time being careful of the few holes scattered around. Probably a side-effect of this place being abandoned for so long. I made it to the center bin and activated a control panel, begining to re-write the transmission protocals. If my plan worked, I would insert the code, then the transmittor would reflect the code off of the multiple outposts, reinforcing the system back into place. then, I heard a odd noise, when suddenly several Resource Hogs and SSEs walked in, lead by the Commander and a Resource Hog by his side. "uh..." I whispered to Tweaker, "This is not looking so good." then, the commander spoke. "Why, if it isn't the escaped purple and his tank-imposter friend. move aside, you two. we need that transmittor." "Why?" I asked. his reply came, but it was not what I expected:
"We are going to destroy this base."

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 9:27 PM
"Oh, you think so, eh?" said Tweaker with an amused look on his face. "Are you aware that this outpost is the only hope for saving the entire network? We're a little busy here saving your lives, if you don't mind."abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, July, 21, 2004 10:35 PM
"He's right." I commented. "destroying this place is-" but the commander interrupted me. "-The only way to stop the code contradiction. everything else has failed. the destruction of this base is the only way to stop it." I tried to explain, "we can stop the contradiction without destroying the base, listen-" but he interrupted me again. "I refuse to listen to any more of this idle processes. SSEs, Hogs, move them aside." the SSes and Hogs surrounded us and pointed thier rods and suffusion rifles in our faces (point-blank) and motioned for us to move. I whispered to Tweaker. "We better comply, at least for now..." I walked over to where the Hogs and SSEs motioned, leaving Tweak to decide for himself. Then I felt that strange pulse again- Kamui's processes. I tried to open up a chat line with Kamui.
[ERROR: SUBJECT NOT IN DETECTABLE RANGE]I concentrated harder, and tried again.
[ERROR: SUBJECT NOT IN DETECTABLE RANGE]I tried once more...
[ERR- CORRECTION- SUBJECT FOUND][line open]just to be safe, I added Tweaker to the line and pinged Kamui.

------------

FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...