Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
Tron Fanatic
User

Re: Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

on Tuesday, May, 18, 2004 10:34 AM
[chat_1(ICP20401)] Fanatic, what's taking you so long?

[chat_1(TF)] Sorry. I couldn't find a tank I really liked.

[chat_1(ICP20401)] .....they're all the same code.

[chat_1(Tweaker)] Harpo's been captured. We need a rescue plan!

[chat_1(ICP20396)] If they're still using the grid as they did during the MCP reign, they're doing one of two things. Putting him through inquisition or taking him to the holding pits in preparation for the games. The old map has detailed information on this place.

[chat_1(ICP20401)] If they know what those DataWraiths are rumored to be, then he's as good as vaporware.

[chat_1(TF)] Somehow I doubt they've ever seen one before. They could easily be scratching their heads. What the...

::: TF hears some loud thumping on the top of the tank :::

TF: Umm... problem? :::hears sounds at the hatch. someone trying to get in.

[chat_1(ICP20401)] Fanatic, you've got about 4 resource hogs on you!

TF: Wonderful... Knowing he can't just manuver a slow-moving tank around in circles to throw them off, tries to think of an alternative. He turns and sees the hatch as they pry it open. He responds with an LOL shot. The beam flies through the opening and knocks one of them off. Before anymore decide to come in, he runs the tank full speed at a wall. ::: I hope this works... :::the tank smashes into and THROUGH the wall. the hogs get thrown off, some buried in the debris. He climbs up the tank to close the hatch again, but not before seeing another hog flying at him in a giant leap. but in midair, they make very easy targets and TF easily dispatches the enemy with another LOL shot. He closes the hatch and gets back in the driver seat.

[chat_1(TF)] Ok, what's the plan here? I don't want to hang around here any longer. :::rotates the turret around 360 degrees, looking for any more surprises.

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 9:36 AM
OK, plan. Ummmm, plan. Plan, plan, plan. Man, I wish I'd put a tracker on Harpo...

[a loud whirring sound is audible as Tweaker overclocks his AI engine]
[drives over to TF] Tron Fanatic, let me see your map. Where are we--and where's that base--relative to our objective?

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 4:16 PM
::: stretches out the map he grabbed from the Recognizer :::

Ok, we're here just inside the grid perimeter. The our objective, the outpost, is very near the center of the grid, right next the old Carrier docking station - the one commanded by Sark. As for where Harpo might be taken we have two possibilities. If he's being prepped for the games, the old pitcells are also very near the outpost. But if he's bound for inquisition, that's far out of our way. Your guess is as good as mine.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, May, 19, 2004 6:50 PM
[comment]Doing this a little different...[/comment]I woke up on the floor, and my AI felt a little worked out, but otherwise I felt ok. I looked up and saw two programs standing over me, they looked red and wore hoods and carried large rods. I got onto my knees and started to get up, when one of the guards touched me with the rod. it felt unusual, unlike a standard rod primitive, it felt extreey concentrated, rather then broad like a rod primitive. "Get up" the first guard motioned to me. I stood up, carefully, and saw I was in a small hexigonal type room, with only one door leading down a hallway. the two guards led me out and down a sparse hall, it looked like the plae was low on energy, that it had been running for possibly thousands of cycles. "So," I asked, "um, who are you guys?" I didnt think I'd get a response, but the second guard responded. "SSE. System Security Enforcers." "ah." we continued down the hallway and reached a large door that looked like it had been forcefully derezzed open. the first guard pressed a button and the large door opened, and the guards led me in. inside there was a set of curving steps, with several calculators running a buch of control panels jury-rigged onto the staircase. in the center of the room stood a tall figure with a helmet reading displays. he turned and looked toward us.
Comander:"is this the Purple?"
One:"Yes. commander."
the Commander looked at me for a moment, then picked up my mesh, which was resting on a archive bn.
Commander:"Who are you? and what is this... advanced weaponry?"
Harpo:"My name is Harpo989. and that is a profiler."
Commander:"What kind of a bit do you think I am? you derezzed one of my men with this thing, and I want to know what it is."
Harpo:"it's called a mesh."
Commander:"ah, 'Mesh'... you know, we have analyzed your subroutines, and we found one that resembles powerful code... how did you get it?"
Harpo:"I work for fCon. it's my job to steal that sort of thing."
Commander:"fCon? explain."
Harpo:"fCon are the ones who developed the technology for rezzing users from-"
Commander:"blastphemy! this purple is a user-beliver! derezz him!"
One:but sir, only he knows about his subroutines..."
Commander:"You're right. Take him back to his room. hold him there until I decide his fate."
the Guards grabbed me and dragged me back to the cells. Then I realized that if they thought I belived in the users, then I was as good as bit-data...

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

The Tweaker
User

on Thursday, May, 20, 2004 8:36 AM
In that case, let's head for our objective. Maybe we'll see him along the way, or something that can help us get him out.

[walks back over to his tank and climbs on top, but pauses]
Hmm, it's worth seeing if our chat line still works.

/ping(Harpo) "Harpo? Can you hear me? Come in, Harpo..."/order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

harpo989
User

on Thursday, May, 20, 2004 2:33 PM
Harpo was resting in his cell, when suddenly he thought he felt something. He sat up, tense all of the sudden.
SSE One:"what's the problem, script?"
Harpo:"I thought I felt... a ping."
SSE Two:"Impossible. we keep an encryption algorithim in place to keep you religious nuts from chatting with outsiders."
Harpo:"Oh..."where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Friday, May, 21, 2004 12:46 PM

Harpo? Helloooo, Harpo... Harpo, can you read this?

[pause, hoping for Harpo to respond]
Apparently not.

[jumps inside tank]
What's our vector, Victor? I mean... um... Tron Fanatic?

//translation: which way to the objective?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, May, 21, 2004 1:29 PM
Well I would say that way ::: points to an interesting structure on the horizon ::: but there's a huge mass of tanks, cycles, and fanatical programs blocking our way, so I suggest this canyon to our left. Should take us around the heavier fighting.

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, May, 22, 2004 6:22 AM
Sounds good. [rumbles down the canyon]
Umm... minor problem here... [pops the top hatch, climbs halfway out, and gestures towards the large energy pool spanning the chasm]
Maybe I can make us a bridge...

[climbs back inside and starts programming a Plane]

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, May, 22, 2004 4:52 PM
Strange... that wasn't on the map. Oh well. Hold up there, I think I have an easier way of making a bridge...

::: swivels the tank turret, aims it at the canyon wall, and fires multiple times. with each hit, large chunks of the canyon wall break off and plummet into the energy pool with a huge splash. slowly, the pile of material begins to create a land bridge along the edge of the canyon :::where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Sunday, May, 23, 2004 2:27 AM
That'll work... except that now we've lost our stealth...

[a game script peeks over the edge of the canyon and yells something into his chat line][on the other side of the canyon, two Resource Hogs do the same]
We've got company...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Tron Fanatic
User

on Monday, May, 24, 2004 11:30 AM
Umm.... oops... well I thought with all the stuff already getting blown up nearby, nobody would notice time to see just how fast these things can go!

::: takes a quick shot at the scripts on top of the canyon as he goes to full throttle, bounding over the makeshift bridge like a monster truck running over a line of cars :::
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Monday, May, 24, 2004 2:22 PM
[The Tweaker stops and his animations freeze as he stops receiving input from his User]
[Fortunately, his safety protocols instantly switch him to read-only so he can't be killed while vulnerable]
//see the Ultimate thread for more nfoorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Tron Fanatic
User

on Monday, May, 24, 2004 2:56 PM
/// system-wide freeze initiated - awaiting unpause command from tweaker.User ///

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, June, 01, 2004 5:35 PM
>>UNPAUSE>Glad you could join us, program. Form up-- our objective is that gunning tower at grid coordinates 360x16x32. Let's liberate some resources!

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, June, 01, 2004 6:14 PM
I was trying to go into sleep mode, but it seemed like even nanocycles crawled by...
SSE One: "Move out, script."
Harpo: "Huh?"
SSE One: "Move out."
I reluctantly obeyed, and was marched by the guards down the hallway. we reached the command center, and walked right by it. we continued to move until I could hear the faint sounds of derezzing Uh oh... this doesn't sound good... Then they took me over to a small alcove and made me stand in it.
SSE One: "Clear."
suddenly I felt my code break apart and reorganize with the familiar feeling of rezzing in. as the glowing rezz-in lines dissapeared, I saw a large grid streched out before me, then felt something round appear in my hand.
[sys_message: "You captives of war will be racing for the entertainment of the Commander. this will be a fight to deresoution. the winner will be offered the position of SSE. if he refuses, then he will experience deresolution as well.
in the name of our creator, End of Line."]as the light cycle rezzed in around me, I thought of one thing:
Oh, crap...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, June, 01, 2004 6:29 PM
::: watches through the viewscreen as off in the distance, Tweaker turns off course and follows the other game tanks :::

Great...

::: keeps the tank rolling along the canyon, which opened into a large plain with a handful of purple mountains. In the sky he could see a few beautiful round spheres slowly climbing higher. It was the game sea. The raw data here was used to help process the battle arenas that the MCP had set up for the derezolution of countless devout programs. It'd take a while to cross in a tank, but on the horizon he could the old game camp. Somewhere in there was the outpost they were looking for, and most likely, Harpo was there too.

In the open space, he rolled the tank ahead at maximum speed. :::

'>

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 2:18 PM
I bent over as a red light cycle rezzed in around me, and took off down the grid. I looked around and saw four blue cycles flying down the grid towards me. Hmm... resourse hogs light cycling? wierd... I went head on at the first cycle, and quickly turned right, running neck in neck against a blue cycle. he tried turning right to block me off, but I turned with him. he turned right again. then, almost too late, I realized that he was boxing me in. in a desprate move, I turned right a moment before him and immidiatly turned left. as the cycler turned to his right, he founbd himself barely a gridbug away from my trail.
[sys_message:"Joey[X]382.zip has derezzed."]

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 2:55 PM
The gunning tower fell to concentrated cluster fire from a trio of tanks. The Game Programs cheered, and the Resource Hogs fell back in a temporary retreat.
>>Well done, program. In honor of our victory, the Kernel is hosting a banquet tonight. We're all invited. C'mon-- I here there'll be energy mixes, a subroutine exhibition, even live Light Cycle entertainment!>"Uh, I'd love to, but this tank took some damage that I should probably fix up. You go ahead, I'll join you later.">"What, are you serious? Let the mechanic routines handle it, dude. Besides, we're resetting our security routines tonight-- anyone within a klick of the base will get derezzed unless they're inside the fortress. Let's go."where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 3:33 PM
Two down, two to go... I raced toward the third cycler, heading at full blast. but this one was more clever thn the others. As he bore down at me, I turned expecting for him to follow suit, but he pulled two-turn and then raced whead off of his own trail. uh...
(At the command center...)

Commander: "No! I want the Tank drivers honered here! then you can start the Midis."
Bit: Yes.
As the Bit flew off one of the SSEs quickly ran up to the commander.
SSE Four: "Sir. the guests are arriving."
Commander: "Excellent. is everything ready?"
SSE Four: "Yes, except one of our best cycle scripts was just derezzed on a practice grid."
Commander: "What? by who?"
SSE Four: "That newcomer, Harpo989."
Commander: "Then he's obviously good. rezz him to the main grid and get them ready. once the guests arrive you can announce the cycle scripts that will be competeing."

(back with Harpo...)

The blue one had me. I was boxed in and was out of room. I figured I might as well get it ver with, but right before I hit the trail... I rezzed out. then I rezzed back in in a game grid buffer with a few other programs, a few oddly colored guards, and several resource hogs.
[sys_message: "Your script names will be announced and then you shall compete for the right to be a guard of the Residuum. It would be an honor for you to win, so you should compete well. Wait for our command and then you shall rezz onto the grid."]
(and the party gets underway...)

------------

FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...