Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
The Tweaker
User

Re: Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

on Wednesday, June, 02, 2004 6:30 PM
And what a party! As Tweaker kicked back and downed glass after glass of energy, he could almost forget that he was utterly surrounded, in the middle of a hostile fortress, while a mission was going on that he was supposed to be helping with. Good party, though.

[to another program] "Wow, the Kernel really knows how to throw 'em."
port_scan386: "Yep. And we'll get to watch a live LightCycle competition later, too. I hear SCSI-Monitor.exe will be competing-- he's the greatest!"

At that moment, the Commander's voice was heard over the comm system. "Greetings, Programs! And now, as a reward for all your hard-fought combat, we give you a battle of the four greatest LightCycle combatists this sector has ever seen! Shell33, GridBooger, CommBatant, and Harpo989!!"

port_scan386: "What?! SCSI-Monitor, beaten?? Never!! It can't be!"
Tweaker: "Harpo?!?"

Four colored control rods popped out of the Grid, LightCycles rezzed into place, and the Game began...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Tron Fanatic
User

on Thursday, June, 03, 2004 2:39 AM
TF, you might want to hurry-- just make sure you're at least a kilometer away from the base by nightfall.

Huh? Why?

::: looks over at the tank's timer.

SYSTEM TIME: 18:32:36:01.7 :::

Great, only a few microcycles left.

::: he placed his targeting reticle over the base, and glanced at the range indicator... 1.36 :::

Well, at least I can get somewhat closer.

::: he continues his cross-country trek over the game sea, frequently checking his distance from the base :::

1.2....... 1.09....... 1.03.....

::: his attention was swayed by a sudden beeping sound from a nearby console. he stood up from the control seat and stepped onto the rotating platform one which the console sat. in raw binary, it flashed PROXIMITY WARNING. he ran back to the control seat and swiveled the turret to take a look around. he spotted multiple blue dots on the horizon and zoomed in. :::

Resource Hog Lightcycles... What in the world do they think they're gonna do to me with those?

::: a nanocycle later, he saw a narrow white tracer beam come speeding straight at him, followed by a loud explosion that impacted the side of the tank :::

CRAP!!

::: immediately, he charged the cannon and returned fire. the line of lightcycles scattered to the left and right to avoid the incoming chevron-shaped energy blast. the cycles began to fan out to the sides, slowly surounding the tank. He picked one target out of the bunch and led by a few meters and fired. his calculated aiming was rewarded by the pleasing image of lightcycle chunks and a rider flying through the air moments before derezolution. more missile blasts came forth, one hit and one miss. TF set the tank's cannon to rapid-fire and began spraying shots all over the terrain as he kept the tank rolling ahead at maximum speed. explosions from the tank fire riddled the landscape, killing a number of riders. but many more remained and continued the attack. at this point they were on all sides of the lone game tank. more missiles impacted the tank and the glow of one of the treads began to flicker from damage. the effect was very noticable by TF as the controls became less responsive and he had to let up on the stronger tread's power just to keep the tank going straight. ordinance from both sides contined to fly and although TF was quickly accumulating a good score, his tank was quickly coming apart. the indicators inside the tank began giving off critical damage warnings. A flash of light inside the tank caught TF's eye and when he turned towards it, he could see the game grid through an opening that had been blown open by one of the missile blasts. He tried to continue his attack, but the cannon was no longer responding. So he locked the tank on autopilot and walked to the back where the hole was, and pulled out his suffusion rifle. He fired repeatedly at the cycles which were chasing behind him, in his own version of fighting off indians chasing after a fleeing stagecoach. One of the resource hogs leaped forward from an unrezzing cycle and using their unusual gravity-defying ability, 'flew' through the opening in the tank while knocking TF back with a nasty drop kick. The two of them battled hand-to-hand inside the tank, trying to get a clean hit on each other while the revolving floor moved them around in a confusing kaleidoscope of control panels. Another missile hit knocked the hog off his feet and TF decided it was definately time to abandon the vehicle. The tank tried to continue on autopilot, but with one tread now completely out of commission, t was only turning in tight circles. TF struggled to fight the inertial force being created by the spin, so he could remain on his feet and get out through the hole that had been blasted in the tank's side. He ran at the opening and leaped out. A few moments later, another missile blast sailed past him into the tank, and it exploded in a giant plume of fragmented data. The hogs could care less about the pretty fireworks theorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

'>

harpo989
User

on Thursday, June, 03, 2004 3:16 PM
I felt myself re-rezzing onto the grid in a red cycle, as before. then I took off down the grid with all the other programs raceing for the center of the grid.

(with the commander)

Ah, good. everyone seemed to be enjoying the party, but that one progrm seemed to be wtaching the races with a very intent and nervous expression.
Announcer:"It seems that Shell33 and Commbatant are neck-in-neck! it looks like either could win, while the other two programs are seperated from each other by the long wall created by Shell33 and Commbatant! wait, Shell is trying to cut off Comm, and, yes, Commbatant has derezzed Shell33!"
I ran a profiler and walked over to the program.
Commander: "Hello...'Tweaker', isn't it? enjoying the race, I take it?"

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

The Tweaker
User

on Friday, June, 04, 2004 9:38 PM
[covertly, into his chat line:] The Game Scripts will be resetting their security protocols. I don't know exactly what that involves, but you should be as far away from it as possible-- who knows what automated security systems they may have in place. [pause] I'm going to have to log off-- I'm not secure here. [setChatStatus(Busy); muteChat()]
Commander> Yes, I've [cough] always been a racing fan. That new program you've got, Harpo989: he's quite a player! Must have risen in the ranks pretty quickly to get onto your game grid.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 2:36 PM
Oh... is that all!!

::: rezzes into a lightcycle and speeds away from the base as quickly as possible. the hogs pursue and continue firing missiles, but compared to the tank, in a tiny cycle, TF has no trouble dodging them. :::

'>

Kamui
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 2:48 PM
Meanwhile, Kamui.EXE was sneaking in to the base looking for the Kernal whom she believed to have all the answers. He mad her jump through all these hoops just to be cast out in the end. She had gone way to far to just give up. With the action going on, she felt she hand enough distractions to sneek in. She knew IPeX was inside the base already waiting for her to show up.

~kamui.EXEorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

===========================
What should I put here today?
http://mediamaniacgeek.blogspot.com/
TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 3:03 PM
odd. the program appeared to be on a chat channel or something. well, Tank programs are always buisy."Hmm. he is a very unusual program. he's purple, you know. snuck into the sector carrying some odd subroutines and one oddly-shaped weapon. it's sitting over there on display, he called it a 'mesh'. I've never seen it before, so I assumed it was custom meade or something like that. but anyway, this 'Harpo989' was meantcannon fodder for one of my best programs, SCSI-Monitor.exe on the practice grid. However the program derezzed him. needless to say, I was impressed. and lacking a program for tonight's competition, I thought I'd give him a try."

(With Harpo...)

I slammed my cycle to the right, just in time to miss another cut-off from Gridbooger. that's the third time so far. wait... this could help me... I pulled a double-right and went back along my own trail. Grid booger pulled his own double-right and followed me. good... I pulled a quick double-left and headed straight at him. surprised, he tried turning to his left, but I was way ahead of him, and pulled a right-left-left, boxing in the confused program. he tried getting out for a moment, but it was no good. I looked back just before turning away from my own wall(right) to see his terrified face realize that it was inevtable. that he would never escape this grid, that he would never leave this prison sector.

(with the party...)

Announcer: "Gridbooger derezzed! now only harpo989 and Commbatant are left!"order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

------------

Kamui
User

on Sunday, June, 06, 2004 3:19 PM
Kamui.EXE hops over a wall through a window. She kept to the shadows hoping not to be noticed.

~Kamui.EXE

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

Tron Fanatic
User

on Monday, June, 07, 2004 3:18 PM
::: TF is continuing to flee the pursuing resource hogs :::

Hogs riding hogs... how ironic. I hope I'm out of range of that base now.

A resource hog cycle pulles up along-side TF's and starts bumping him from the side, trying to throw him out of control.

Grrr... if this were a normal cycle grid, this chase would be pointless by now.

::: focused on the one cycle, he didn't notice a super-cycle pull up on the other side of him, and the resource hog riding it was carrying a ball primative. :::

Supercyclist: Hahahahaha....

::: throws the ball into TF's cycle and the corruption immediately overwhelms the entire lightcycle, causing it to decelerate and rez out. TF falls from the cycle and rolls into a standing position :::

TF: WHAT?!

::: The resource hogs immediately surround TF and rez out of their cycles with their suffusion rifles at the ready :::

Hog: Alright, program.... got any nice subroutines?

TF: Umm.... yeah, I do actually. ::: he reaches behind his back and rezzes a Prankster Bit onto his hand :::

Hogs (who have never seen even the basic mesh primative before) : oooooOOOOOOoooooohhhh!!

TF: Here, ya go,. Catch!!

::: he fires the shot high into the air and the resource hogs all swarm closer, wanting to be the one to grab the item. TF gets sandwiched between them, but quickly squiggles his way out of the mass and runs away... FAST :::

Hog: E's getting away!

Hog 2: Get him!!

::: but it was too late. the prankster bit came back down upon the group of hogs and enveloped them all in its vortex. TF stood by and watched with a satisfied grin on his face as they suffocated in the swirling mass of purple energy, leaving behind nothing but core dumps :::

TF: Now, let's see what subroutines YOU have...

SECURITY PROTOCOL RESET IN 5 ..... 4 ..... 3 .....

::: TF does a triangulate on the base... :::

Range: .999K

TF: Great....

::: runs from the base as fast as possible :::

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 2:25 AM
Commander> Mmm, probably a flash in the pan. Even an accounting script can get lucky. [considers waving hand before Commander's face and saying "This isn't the program you're looking for..."] Hey, I'd like to watch the races some more. TTYL!

Hoping the Commander wouldn't be suspicious, The Tweaker ambled over to the forcefield seperating the spectators from the Game Grid. Watching Harpo fight for his life against the other programs on the Game Grid, he strolled over to one of the projectors controlling the forcefield, removed a small explosive charge from his toolkit, and attached it to the generator. To the casual observer, it was nothing but a de-energized binary bit... until activated. Tweaker then walked as quickly as he dared to the area where Harpo's mesh was stored, and activated his chat line.
///ping(Harpo989)///

[comment: TF, 1 KM was only a casual estimate. Seems like a good distance for active security to work, though.]

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 9:36 AM
::: keeps running :::

[chat] I hope you're right, cuz it's about to start, whatever it is...[/chat]

'>

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 2:05 PM
Kamui.EXE meets up with IPeX.

"IPeX, is there any evidence of the real documents on the Tron Legacy Project?" Kamui asks.

IPeX nods.

"IPeX, Is the documents or any clues to their whereabouts anywhere?" Kamui asks.

IPeX again nods.

Kamui.EXE smiles as she keeps walking. IPeX follows.

"Let's keep moving." Kamui says.

With that, they are enveloped in the darkness once more in hopes of not being found.

~Kamui.EXEwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 2:28 PM
[comment]Say, Kamui, I hope you plan on running into us before we complete our mission. Oh, and everybody I still have a great idea for the MCP outpost. just let me write the part where we first enter the outpost, ok?[/comment](With Harpo...)

I raced forward, thinking I was heading for Commbatant, and took a sharp right, close to the game wall on my left. I looked up at the raised tower that the party was going on in. they probably have a perfect view from the grid from there... Then I remembered that I still couldn't find Commbatant. I pulled a double right, only to be heading dtraight for Commbatant! he was riding my trail for speed! I pulled a left, right as he pulled to his rght, putting us right next to each other.
[PING]The ping threw me off, making me pull a sharp left. I quickly pulled a right to try and keep up with Commbatant.
[open_channel(Tweaker)][chat_1: "Tweaker? is that really you? where are you? they have a no-ping field around the holding cells and the grid, so that would mean you'd have to be... wait. are you inside the base?"]Suddenly Commbatant pulled a right and nearly derezzed me, then I pulled a right-left, right before he pulled his own left, then a right, and we were neck-in neck again.

(with the commander...)
Hmm. that program was less then curtious. but I simply moved on to meet some of the other tank drivers, but first, a drink. I walked over to the bar and requested a energy marlot. then I noticed an SSE moniter moving briskly toward me. as he arrived, I turned to greet him.
Commander: "What's the problem, script?"
SSE two: "Sir, someone has opened a chat line with one of the game scripts."
Commander: "Who?"
SSE Two: "We havn't completely narrowed it down yet, but he is in this room."
Commander: "get on it now. and get more men in here. I don't want any programs leaving."
SSE Two: "Yes sir."abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

------------

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 3:01 PM
harpo989 Wrote:[comment]Say, Kamui, I hope you plan on running into us before we complete our mission. Oh, and everybody I still have a great idea for the MCP outpost. just let me write the part where we first enter the outpost, ok?[/comment](With Harpo...)

I raced forward, thinking I was heading for Commbatant, and took a sharp right, close to the game wall on my left. I looked up at the raised tower that the party was going on in. they probably have a perfect view from the grid from there... Then I remembered that I still couldn't find Commbatant. I pulled a double right, only to be heading dtraight for Commbatant! he was riding my trail for speed! I pulled a left, right as he pulled to his rght, putting us right next to each other.
[PING]The ping threw me off, making me pull a sharp left. I quickly pulled a right to try and keep up with Commbatant.
[open_channel(Tweaker)][chat_1: "Tweaker? is that really you? where are you? they have a no-ping field around the holding cells and the grid, so that would mean you'd have to be... wait. are you inside the base?"]Suddenly Commbatant pulled a right and nearly derezzed me, then I pulled a right-left, right before he pulled his own left, then a right, and we were neck-in neck again.

(with the commander...)
Hmm. that program was less then curtious. but I simply moved on to meet some of the other tank drivers, but first, a drink. I walked over to the bar and requested a energy marlot. then I noticed an SSE moniter moving briskly toward me. as he arrived, I turned to greet him.
Commander: "What's the problem, script?"
SSE two: "Sir, someone has opened a chat line with one of the game scripts."
SSE Two: "We havn't completely narrowed it down yet, but he is in this room."
Commander: "get on it now. and get more men in here. I don't want any programs leaving."
SSE Two: "Yes sir."

[comment]Pssh! I'm getting there! Just hold your horses![/comment]

From a room off to her right, she heard voices.

"Get on it now! And get more men in here! I don't want any programs leaving." says the voice.

She grew tense. This is how the last fight started. The mass slaughter she had created long ago. She had two options: Fight or be captured.

She ducked in to the shadows and activated her Data_Katana;Beta. It rezzed in to her right hand.

The enemy program entered her field of vision. Her options limited even further, she lunged out.

"KIAAAHHH!" She screamed as she slashed away at the program.

He had actiaved the rezzing station.

So much for being stealthy Kamui thought.

She slammed her blade in to the rezzing station and ran. She got to an I/O node. She pinged the only program she can think of.

"Harpo, I need you to help me run a distraction, NOW." says Kamui.EXE
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 4:15 PM
I suddenly heard the sound of derezzing outside the door, and ordered more SSE to investigate, quietly if possible.

(with Harpo...)

[PING(Kamui)]a ping? from- ...Kamui. I pulled a left and tried to get away from Commbatant. Kamui... it had been a long time scince I last heard that name. a long time. she had left a mark in my mind... a mark that would never go away. why she would be here now, I don't know. but there was a lot of things I thought, a lot of things I felt in that moment. but if she was going to help me, then I couldn't let my past alter my thoughts on what was going to happen to the system.
[Chat_2(Kamui): "What are you doing here? what do you mean by a 'distraction'?"]suddenly I saw commbatant come at me from my left. I pulled a double left as he pulled a right, and ran neck-in-neck with him, then as we approached the game grid wall, I made a left and tried to box him in, but he pulled out and nearly boxed me in. then we started running neck-in neck again...

------------

Kamui
User

on Tuesday, June, 08, 2004 5:36 PM
"Any distraction will do! Just as long as it gets a lot of attention!" Kamui says.

She disconnects. IPeX reappears. She hadn't notice it was gone.

"IPeX! Where were you?" Kamui says.

"IP, IPeX, Iss" IPeX replies.

"You mean to say that the clue we're looking for is with that program inside that room?" Kamui.EXE asks.

IPeX nods.

Looks like Kamui might need a bigger distraction than she had anticipated.

~Kamui.EXEwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TALES OF A MEDIA GEEK

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2004 12:22 AM
It was do or die now. I looked to my right and Commbatant looked to his left at me. I knew that neither of us wanted to derezz. no one does. I knew I had to, though.

(with the commander...)
another SSE walked up to me as many other quietly guarded the doors, trying to be inconspicus.
SSE one: "Sir. we've discovered the name of the chatter."
SSE one: "'Tweaker', sir. chatting with Harpo989."
Commander: "Arrest him. Now!"
several SSEs moved over to capture the traitor. I would probably derezz him... he wouldn't be very usefull on the grid. unless I ould him and force him to join forces...

(with Harpo...)

I pulled a left and he followed suit. I pulled right and he did, leaving a small gap between us. I quickly pulled a left, him following suit. then once again. the I made a left-right, but the fient faked him. he didn't pull right fast enough, and I could hear the sound of a deresolution behind me. well, that's it. Then I could hear the familiar sound of several racers rezzing in around me. ...I hope...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2004 12:49 AM
::: a huge ring of orange light appears above the base, and slowly moves down making a strange mechanical sound. TF looks above him and sees he is clear of whatever it is. the ring descends until it reaches the ground, and then it vanishes. :::

Well that was.... interesting.

::: he pulls out his rod primative and looks at it. green tendrils of corruption were wrapped around it :::

So much for my cycle...

::: he puts the rod away, sets his antivirus to work on it, and starts jogging towards the base :::

[chat]Tweaker, I survived some kind of energy ring that came down over the base perimeter, I guess its purpose was to remove any 'impurities' from the base area. I'm on the way towards the base now, but there's a problem. My disguise, the tank, is gone.[/chat]order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2004 2:49 AM
[OOC] GAA! I had a hugely long post typed up here, then lost it. It's 11:50 PM-- I'll type it up again tomorrow. Sorry, guys. [/OOC]

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, June, 09, 2004 9:29 PM
[sees Kamui providing a nice distraction for the Commander] [nods approvingly] Note to self: Thank that program later. [places another detpack on the archive bin containing Harpo's Mesh]
In a moment oddly reminiscent of Mercury's first words to Jet, Tweaker speaks into his chat line. "Harpo, this is The Tweaker. I've come to rescue you. Get away from the barrier between the Game Grid and the observation lounge-- I am about to make a very loud noise."

Tweaker, I survived some kind of energy ring that came down over the base perimeter, I guess its purpose was to remove any 'impurities' from the base area. I'm on the way towards the base now, but there's a problem. My disguise, the tank, is gone.
"Glad to hear you made it, TF. You're gonna have to try and find some transportation-- things are coming to a head over here. I'm about to break Harpo out; it would be very nice to have some transporation when we get down there. I suppose we could just use our lightcycles to get away, though." [sees security program approaching] "Gotta go. TTYL."

[closes chat line] What can I do for you, program?
DelVar.EXE: Program, the Commander wants to speak with you. Come with me, please.

Uh oh. Busted. OK, work out an escape scenario. Options include:[bul]Derezz the program and run
[bul]Surrender[bul]Activate my detpacks and let him die in the explosion-- good, but I'm standing here too. Solution:
[bul]Go into James T. Kirk mode and bluff my way out. <--[select]
"Come with me? Come with me? If the Commander wants to see me, let him come himself. Fetch me another martini, lackey."
DelVar.EXE: Lackey? Who does this program think he is? "Program, you are under arrest by order of the Commander. This way, please."
Tweaker: [steps backwards] "Arrest?! You're going to arrest me?? First you lose my invitation packet, then you forget my VIP parking, and now this gross insult? I declare, that Commander of yours is the most careless, incompetent script I've ever seen. See if I ever donate to one of his campaigns again."
DelVar.EXE: "Program, I'm not going to say this again. The commander wants to speak with you. You will follow me to where he is waiting."
Tweaker: "Do you have any idea who I am, script?"
DelVar.EXE: [bored] "No, I haven't the scuzziest idea."
Tweaker: [step backwards] "You don't recognize the author of the original BIOS? Hello??"
DelVar.EXE: "No way! You wrote BIOS?? Wait a minute... you liar! The Users wrote BIOS!"
Tweaker: [steps backwards some more] "You think they hand-coded the ones and zeroes themselves? Even the Users need an editor program."
DelVar.EXE: "You lie! You're no notepad-- you're a utility program, and one with a lot more weapons subroutines in his base code than normal, I might add!"
Tweaker: [sigh] "You are correct. Unfortunately, that is irrelevant, for you are also dead." [palms a control bit][squeezes slightly]
KA-BOOOOOOM!!
A massive shockwave shook the base as Tweaker's detpacks blew. DelVar was instantly obliterated, as were three ICPs approaching his position. One of the forcefield generators seperating the Game Grid from the observation lounge rumbled, shuddered, and collapsed. The other generator, unable to bear the load alone, overloaded and shut down. The forcefield flickered, then failed, and the Commander turned in horror to see five lightcycles turning to bear down on him and cross the now-absent barrier into the observation lounge.
[chat]Now, Harpo! Break to escape! Go, go, go!

Tweaker unsheathed his P-Rod and loaded a subroutine into it which he'd had for a long time, but hadn't yet had a chance to try out: Flyer. He then strode to the nearest window and smacked the Rod against it, and the window disappeared in a flash of pixels. Gripping the Rod in both hands, Tweaker dove out into space.