Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
harpo989
User

Re: Meet me on the game grid!

on Friday, May, 28, 2004 1:46 PM
I didn't see any of you guys last night, but I still had fun raceing Lordcrash and some others. hope to see you guy soon! (on Sus I hope...)

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 28, 2004 5:59 PM

Oh yeah . . . you guys have to play me on Sus' server.

Cackles like a Z-Lot . . .

I'll be on tonight, and will try to show up earlier . . . since you guys seem to be on then.

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Friday, May, 28, 2004 8:08 PM
Well, I just left the game grid.

Tonight I teamed up with Shiva Goddess... the REAL one.

There's been a lot of kiddies out there lately, copying the cool, REAL player's names. It's very annoying.

But Shiva was the real deal... which is less than I can say for the others tonight.

Shiva, if you're reading this, I do hope you join TRON-Sector and bring along your REAL friends too. Trolls are scarce around here

And it's mostly us old folks, who were around to see TRON in the theaters back in '82... and some cool younger folks who weren't around yet, but LOVE TRON none the less!

Ok - my TRON-Sector friends - I'll try and join you on the grid later tonight!
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 8:48 AM
Well, last night was pretty cool.

After teaming up with Shiva Goddess, I teamed up with TRON-Sector's Harpo989 in a later game! We were quite the team! We tore up the grid... when we weren't slamming in to other programs' trails Just a few short games, but it was fun.

And even later - waaaay past my usual bedtime, I met up with another TRON-Sector program - redrain85. On the grid he's known as tronfaq - and a pretty slick competitor! And Harpo989 joined in for a few games with us, and several other cool programs too. Was really cool playing with you all! I wish I could have stayed later... or earlier - it WAS after 1AM Eastern when I finally had to call it quits.

Well, I hope to run in to more of you on the game grid sometime... I mean, not "run in to you" - that leads to derezzing But you know what I mean

I can't believe how addicting light cycle competition against LIVE opponents can be. As it was in 1982, light cycles are still one of the COOLEST things about TRON.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

harpo989
User

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 4:14 PM
yeah, I had a great time on the grid last night, ReelTodd! (sounds like you did too) sorry I couldn't stay for longer the second time, but I had things to do. (I would prefer light cycling, but what can I say? )
as for the impersonators, (ooh... they sound like a gang...) it might explain how I beat about five of the really good players... everyone need some kinda code or somthin... I'll try to PM you guys once I think of something.

keep on racing!

------------

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 6:06 PM

Shucks . . . I was hoping to play you guys a little longer last night. But then Sus' server crashed and . . . oh well. And I just missed DaveTRON last night too.

Maybe tonight will work out better. If you guys haven't played the custom maps, then you need to see them.

Oh and better grab the maps quickly from www.patchgonebad.com, since the site's future is in serious doubt.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 7:45 PM
redrain85 Wrote:Oh and better grab the maps quickly from www.patchgonebad.com, since the site's future is in serious doubt.

What's going on with them?

I just downloaded some of the maps, but not all of them.

Are they officially ready to fold or what?

Is there a time frame on this?

Will a new TRON 2.0 resource rise up and take over?

What do you know?

I'd hate to see the beautiful maps just disappear and not be available to people anymore.

Also - what do you know about new servers coming in to play? There's only a few out there right now, and they don't all ping well. PLUS, I'd REALLY like to see admin rights or something. There's been a lot of senseless trash talking, and annoyances on the grid lately. I wish there were some way to boot off the idiots when they get like that. VERY annoying.

AND... I'm going to be on the grid for a while - hope to see some of you there too!

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 8:07 PM

I honestly don't know what's going to happen with PGB. There's a small chance it will live on, but it's unlikely. Basically, the owner can't afford to keep it running any more. Too much bandwidth being consumed.

I very much doubt a new site will take PGB's place. So the custom maps will no longer have a home. (Don't even mention the official site's File Exchange . . . it's useless.)

As for the trash talking . . . yeah, it's become a problem lately. Every gaming community has its idiots, but since the Tron community is so small they really stick out. The majority of players are friendly and good-natured, so these few bad apples really sour and ruin the fun when they show up.

Admins could easily boot players from the servers, but usually they don't monitor them. Also, the booting method isn't foolproof, unfortunately. As for the number of servers . . . I've noticed lately that BVG is hardly running any. And I wish more people would run their own servers. I might just start running a server myself soon, if things get any worse.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 8:39 PM
What about password protection (does 2.0 even support it?) ? I'm just taking a wild guess here, but if there were a couple servers out there that existed just for the Tron-Sector peeps, we could probably weed out a lot of the troublemakers with a password protected server that only we would know how to get into. I'm guessing that most of the peeps on this board aren't the type to go cussing everyone out everytime they crash into their own wall.. And as for non-members who we trust, we could pass it along to them too.where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

'>

DaveTRON
User

on Saturday, May, 29, 2004 11:36 PM
We could probably host the maps here at TS. I'll talk to Dave Hernly (Auric) about it.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

DaveTRON

Darksaber7
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 1:05 AM
I'm still waiting to get back in the game, myself. My cable company was supposed to get internet service out here this spring, but that folded. Now they're saying "end of the year..." We'll see.

I only got to play in a few games, when the servers were basicly empty and my ping was under 200, but it was a blast! I hope you are all still playing when ever I get my cable. It'd be great to play againsed you all!

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 4:25 AM

Thanks DaveTRON . . . I know I come across as abrasive sometimes, but it's only because of my love for the film and game. I hate to see the way things are going lately.

Darksaber, hope your high speed Internet arrives soon! I can't live without it any more, LOL.

So MutoidMan, care for another rematch some day? GGs to everybody from our last match.

MutoidMan
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 11:28 AM
I gave you fellas enough trouble last night, don'tcha think?

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

harpo989
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 2:47 PM
um, no comment...

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 5:08 PM
What time/server have y'all usually been playing? I've been on the grid almost every night and only see one cycle server with anyone on it, but I haven't come across any of you 'Pros.

'>

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 5:39 PM

MutoidMan Wrote:I gave you fellas enough trouble last night, don'tcha think?
Hehehe . . . are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

See you back on the game grid soon.

As for times/servers . . . I tend to come on late. Like 10PM Eastern time or later. I try to go on Suspects as often as possible, but it seems lately most of the action is happening on Dayentech. I guess it's because they only run the standard maps (no need to worry about misssing any), and because the settings are easier (slower). Though those long trails are a bit of a challenge . . .

TheReelTodd
Sector Admin

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 6:02 PM
Well, for anyone who's thinking about it - I'll be on the game grid right now.

Come on over, and allow me to derezz you - I make derezolution FUN

That is, when I'm not eating jet trails and head butting walls myself!
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 9:04 PM
I'll be on about 10:30 or 11:00 central... be there or... don't.

------------

harpo989
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 9:04 PM
DP!DP!

------------

MutoidMan
User

on Sunday, May, 30, 2004 11:42 PM
redrain85 Wrote:

MutoidMan Wrote:I gave you fellas enough trouble last night, don'tcha think?
Hehehe . . . are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Quite sure!

"We are, after all, not God." - Cmdr. J. J. Adams
"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me." - Cookie Monster
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man." - Huey Lewis & the News

Most recent PC game collection update: 04/12/2012. Check it out!

FirstPrevious Page: of 70 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  Tron 2.0: Multiplayer 
 Meet me on the game grid!