General Discussion 
 New Members

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 46 PagesNextLast
BanditTron
User

RE: New Members

on Thursday, January, 24, 2013 6:07 PM
Welcome program! Feel free to start posting away anything and everything TRON!

Java
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 5:03 AM

Older Program, New To System

Love chatting about philosophy, art, nostalgia, and anime/cartoons

END OF LINE.

LucrataNexarii
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 5:35 AM
Greetings, all here.

It's taken me a while to actually get to formally introducing myself.

I prefer anything having to do with art, philosophy, and books... Well, nigh anything I consider fascinating or interesting.

Tron: Uprising is what introduced me to Tron material in general, and I like what I've found of the community. I am a late arrival, but I hope to contribute what I can.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Letters sent to Disney: 7
Let them hear 'Tron lives!!'

IZI
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 4:47 PM
hi everyone!
i´m IZI. Have been lurking here for a while, but opened an account resently. Legacy introduced me to TRON, but i really have daftpunk to thank for that. I found tron:uprising while zapping through pages on imdb, and think it is actuall a lot better than legacy itself. i adore all kinds of forms of expression; music, theatre, paintings, litterature, art in general. All forms of expression that i feel are as free and true to their intentions as they can. Uprising just feels like that, very composed and made with passion.
Hope to enjoy my time here!

end of lineorder abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

best scene in Legacy is the part where Jeff Bridges is fighting Jeff Bridges on a bridge that bridges worlds Jeff Bridges lived on.

number of letters sent to disney for the uprising: 4

Java
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 5:41 PM
Welcome!
BTWs love your post signatureon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlinewhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE.

VideoGameWarrior
User

on Sunday, February, 10, 2013 6:01 PM
Guess I might as well introduce myself. Been lurking for a while, signed up to share that second petition with this community, which seems to have helped it a little. I've been a fan of Tron since I saw the first one...I can't remember how long ago. Played the Tron 2.0 game on my GBA, Space Paranoids was my favorite world in KH2, and I even made myself a Tron outfit to wear to school for Halloween two years ago. I eagerly anticipated Uprising, and now if it comes up my friends have to endure my ranting at Disney for helping doom such an amazing show! Anyways, that's about it. Oh, and my name's Flynn. Part of the reason I love the series so much.
(also, how do I set my profile pic?)on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON LIVES!

obibyn
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 12:40 AM
Greetings programs. Love the Tron Series and Love the Uprising. To bad we are being ignored by Disney when it comes to the Uprising. Shame really. I use to make AMV's (Animated Music Videos) for a hobby and im in the process of trying to get my hands on episodes without the Disney xd trademark so I can put together a nice tribute video to T:U. Look forward to talking Tron with all.

BTW if anyone feels up to explaining how to post a sig I would be all ears. I have tried img codes and html codes and none work. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 2:02 AM
In your [profile, it says signature. Write what you want there.

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

obibyn
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:05 PM
DawnStar Wrote:In your [profile, it says signature. Write what you want there.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking more for how to add a sig picture. Is there a certain post count need to be reached before adding images? I have tried all codes I know of.

DawnStar
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:14 PM
Yeah, I think. I don't now.

If you want to change the world, you must first change yourself.

If you're against bullying in all its forms, including cyber-bullying, copy and paste this into your profile or signature!

AlanBradley
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 5:52 PM
Greetings, programs!

When I was a child, I had Tron on Betamax and it was a viewing staple of mine. I remembered the film well and remembered playing "Tron" when I was a kid but after the Betamax quit working and the 18 million other life changes I hadn't seen it since then.

Fast forward to the near present: I still had fond memories of Tron, so I ended up "appropriating" an .avi of it and watched it for old time's sake. I realized when I watched it as an adult that it was a really good film, revolutionary for it's time and the theme and effects held up really well in this day and age. I ended up watching it a few more times after that and became a full-blown Tron fan. I've still not seen Legacy or Uprising, though I figure I'll make the effort at some point just to see what they've done with it... though I am currently playing Tron 2.0 and quite enjoying it. Anyway, hello everyone! Look forward to posting with you all.

End of line.

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, February, 11, 2013 6:44 PM
obibyn Wrote:
DawnStar Wrote:In your [profile, it says signature. Write what you want there.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking more for how to add a sig picture. Is there a certain post count need to be reached before adding images? I have tried all codes I know of.

Welcome to the Grid, Program! Yes, there is a certain post count needed before you can add images. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the count is 20 posts, but i could be wrong on that one.

The_Grid
User

on Monday, February, 18, 2013 3:42 PM
Heya Folks!!

Im Mark, 34 from England and I've been a huge fan of Tron for as long as i can remember! Me and a mate of mine put Tron on every single time we hang out for for a few beers. Only just started collecting the figures a few weeks ago when I found The black Guard, Clu, Clu's Centry, Sam Flynn and Rinzler in a £1 store.........you can guess the price lol

Since then ive aquired quite a few others

Yeshael
User

on Monday, February, 25, 2013 8:05 AM
Greetings programs,
my name is Josh. i have been a fan of the tron-verse since i was 5yrs old, i am 32 now, my personal wishes for the tron-verse is as follows: uprising to finish the story(but in a webisode fashion) basically put it as an online series instead of a tv series; for them to make an mmo set in the tron uprising/legacy era, loved 2.0 & Evolution want more substance...
but anyway i digress, hope to see some results....
see you on the grid!

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z75/dethangl/eol.jpg

[IMG]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z75/dethangl/eol.jpg[/IMG]
http://s192.beta.photobucket.com/user/dethangl/media/eol.jpg.html

Stemage
User

on Sunday, March, 17, 2013 3:00 AM
Hello! My name is Grant, and I am 33 and live in NC. TRON is my favorite movie.

My passion is music, and last year I saw TRON again after getting my new Blu-ray player (first Blu-ray woot!). After years of arranging and writing music, I've decided to tackle my favorite movie soundtrack of all time. I've been in a fit of TRON love for a few months and stumbled into the tron-sector looking for anything fan-related - art or otherwise. Great site!

Anyway, I hope to put out a TRON EP of music in June, and I'll be sure to share here. I did a little vlog thing recently and talked about it a bit - what it's about and my love for the movie, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2b0rGlBBQ&t=3m25s

Anyway, great to see posts on occasion! I've been lurking for a while, but I figured it would be appropriate to say hello, share my love, and share my plans.

Cheers!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 17, 2013 8:22 PM
Hiya, Grant!

I can't watch your video as the sound on my machine is on the blink-- what's your project like? Is it a re-score? Re-arrangements? Tron-inspired pieces?

(I've done some work on original "inspired" pieces as well as re-arrangements, etc. {though nothing close to finished} and I know several other people here have as well.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Stemage
User

on Monday, March, 18, 2013 12:25 AM
Hi Kat! It's an arrangement EP - progressive rock style.

The main soundtrack has 5-7 themes that sort of repeat throughout, so the idea is to get hold of each of those instances and rewrite them together into songs of sorts with interpretation. So far I have completed the main theme, escape (tronaction), light sailor (scherzo), and a little intro track that is part of Miracle and Magician.

What's left is the main part of Sea and Simulation (or the last half of Scherzo), the coolest section of New Tron and the MCP, and the Ending Credits. I have a lady lined up to do choir vocals for the ending - should be fun, and difficult.

Thanks for asking!

If you have links to some of the other works in the forum, I'd love to check them out! I'll do some searching, but let me know if you know of any offhand. And I'd certainly love to hear what you've done!

EDIT: Oh and the guy who is doing art is the guy who did this art. http://ubiktune.bandcamp.com/album/preschtale-variationsorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Monday, March, 18, 2013 6:32 PM
Stemage Wrote:Hi Kat! It's an arrangement EP - progressive rock style.

The main soundtrack has 5-7 themes that sort of repeat throughout, so the idea is to get hold of each of those instances and rewrite them together into songs of sorts with interpretation. So far I have completed the main theme, escape (tronaction), light sailor (scherzo), and a little intro track that is part of Miracle and Magician.

What's left is the main part of Sea and Simulation (or the last half of Scherzo), the coolest section of New Tron and the MCP, and the Ending Credits. I have a lady lined up to do choir vocals for the ending - should be fun, and difficult.

Thanks for asking!

If you have links to some of the other works in the forum, I'd love to check them out! I'll do some searching, but let me know if you know of any offhand. And I'd certainly love to hear what you've done!

EDIT: Oh and the guy who is doing art is the guy who did this art. http://ubiktune.bandcamp.com/album/preschtale-variations

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any. I know some recordings have been posted lately, but I can't recall if they are originals or just recordings of people playing existing pieces. Both, I believe.

The art looks very cool.

I've been playing with some of the common themes myself. There are a couple I wish hadn't been recycled between tracks so much, but some of them really bring all of the tracks together. I haven't paid really close attention, but maybe you have (or someone has)-- have they kept all of the tracks in the same key?abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Stemage
User

on Tuesday, March, 19, 2013 12:21 AM
Kat Wrote:I've been playing with some of the common themes myself. There are a couple I wish hadn't been recycled between tracks so much, but some of them really bring all of the tracks together. I haven't paid really close attention, but maybe you have (or someone has)-- have they kept all of the tracks in the same key?

Many of them have, but some haven't. The main theme always seems to start in the same key and then modulates up once or twice until it's over. The one that seems to repeat the most is the escape song - It's this weird 7/4 thing shows up all over the place in the movie. It's EVERYWHERE. It's not only not in the same key, but not even the same pattern lots of the time. It's cool though.

The biggest issues I've had is tempos. Since I'm programming drums, I have to get things to align when arranging the original stuff to get ideas, and the orchestral parts are obviously with a conductor - not a click track. It's been tough.

After studying, I realized how few "main" themes there were - like you said. But then again, if they were played any less, they wouldn't have been ingrained in us so much. So I get it.

Kat
User

on Tuesday, March, 19, 2013 8:28 AM
Stemage Wrote:
Kat Wrote:I've been playing with some of the common themes myself. There are a couple I wish hadn't been recycled between tracks so much, but some of them really bring all of the tracks together. I haven't paid really close attention, but maybe you have (or someone has)-- have they kept all of the tracks in the same key?

Many of them have, but some haven't. The main theme always seems to start in the same key and then modulates up once or twice until it's over. The one that seems to repeat the most is the escape song - It's this weird 7/4 thing shows up all over the place in the movie. It's EVERYWHERE. It's not only not in the same key, but not even the same pattern lots of the time. It's cool though.

The biggest issues I've had is tempos. Since I'm programming drums, I have to get things to align when arranging the original stuff to get ideas, and the orchestral parts are obviously with a conductor - not a click track. It's been tough.

After studying, I realized how few "main" themes there were - like you said. But then again, if they were played any less, they wouldn't have been ingrained in us so much. So I get it.

Ah, I've not even had a chance to do much looking at what's in the film but not on the ST. Good call.

As far as main themes... yes, I understand they don't want a huge soup of 50 billion different themes, and I commend them on the tie-ins (some of them subtle that I didn't notice until the third or fourth time I really listened to the track). If I am recalling correctly (haven't listen to the ST in at least a month), my biggest issue is with some of the stuff shared between the Clu and Rinzler tracks... IMO, two such main characters should at least get their own themes without too much "borrowing" from other motifs as much. Perhaps DP had in mind the some notion of Rinzler (vs. Tron) being an "offshoot" of Clu and did it that way on purpose, but another part of me feels like they just said "hey, this little riff in the strings sounds menacing, let's use it in Clu's track and Rinzler's track and in other tracks that are meant to sound menacing..." and then it almost seems overused, rather than a deliberate "look this is Clu's little motif. It is used in Rinzler 'cause Clu ruined Tron. it is used in these other areas cause OMG CLU IS COMING."

(I keep meaning to start a thread to talk about the soundtrack from a musical perspective-- as opposed to the threads we've already had that are essentially 'this is so cool! Yay DP! What is your favorite track?" that are from a fan perspective-- but i'm not sure how much traffic it would see, nor how much before devolving into the latter.)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

FirstPrevious Page: of 46 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 New Members