Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
David1
User

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )

on Monday, March, 03, 2008 6:58 AM
Heh, yeah there are a lot of errors in it.... I'm trying to keep track of all the plot errors too, but it's hard to write cleanly.

I've finally completed the next chapter, but it's not up yet, and there are still bit's I'm sure I've missed...

Unfortunately, it's the keystone chapter to later events, which coupled with losing too much time to other problems has slowed down chapter development.

But it should be cleaned up and online this week.

I've also checked how I'm progressing to the current ending and there are about ten chapters to go.

Anyway, they may not come weekly at this point as they are just getting too hard to write... I'm writing from the hip and so without a clear story guide to follow, it's getting harder each chapter to make sure I'm not destroying my own plot.

But I will finish them

David1
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

Tron 2.30 Updated!

on Friday, March, 07, 2008 7:03 PM
Yes, after three and a weeks instead of the usual one, it's up.

While I don't think this chapter has anything in it that's controversial (compared to other chapters) I imagine it will evoke a lot of different experiences for different readers, especially fans of Ma3a/Lora/Yori... But hey, that's not really a spoiler if you read the last chapter.

So please enjoy it. I'm still not 100% happy with it, but unless I move on, I'm going to get stuck here.

As always, updates are available Here .

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

Re: First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2

on Sunday, March, 09, 2008 7:25 PM
I like your explanation of digitalized phenomenon that is Ma3a, -both exciting, and yet, such a powerful character, containing what I may describe(using some of your words), as conscious state entangled quantum theory, coalesced into her codebase qualities, containing Lora, Yori, Tron, and a bit of MCP.

This could be what may be the closest Jethro had to his most surreal experience with one of his parents to date!?

I felt like there could have been more to how surgically presented and precise the encounter was, considering it was within a program that had tools, and such, I know this was a motive to show them together as human, very nice.

well done!

IMHO, the way he interacted was not interpretively described as when with Mercury, but if near death, I would ask ..what was the dream sequence with Jet and Mercury.. be once again prescribed, although mortal, and possble to leave that behind, Jet could have saved his mother the way she saved Yori. He left off screaming, while this is right, I think the digital world should allow both examples of sub-conscious explinations in volume.

Although Jet saw things uncommon to programming seen thus far, -only available to surgically precise programming(Alchemist), he may have gained more from the experience, rather than mortality, but Mercury is a main character, and proof there is a design to your writing. I appreciate this, also I understand how your writing can be quite eloquent, so kudos on this chapter!
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, April, 07, 2008 4:50 PM

I don't mean to rush you David1, bu uh...
WHERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER!?!?

Seriously though, I can't wait to read it.
Please tell me you haven't given up...

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

David1
User

on Sunday, April, 13, 2008 11:13 PM
Hi Cam,

Sorry, I've been a little over-busy lately ... There's a few time-sensitive tasks at home that have been absorbing most of my home-time.

However the next chapter has been completed, although I've been writing the one *after* that one, since I'm getting close to the end and making the chapters dovetail together is getting harder from this point in...

But since I've covered the critical parts from the chapter after that I needed to work back into the prior chapter, I'll get it uploaded in the next day or so -

Again, an apology to the regular readers... I will finish the story, it's just going a little slowly at the moment, and I'm trying to get a few chapters in the buffer so I don't make as many mistakes as I'm making lately.

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2008 4:00 PM

Make it snappy
I'm curious to see how this will all end, especially what decision Jet will make in his imminent choice.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"

aldul
User

on Wednesday, April, 16, 2008 5:47 PM
Thanks for the update, David1. Take your time. It's great to know you're still plugging along on this. I look forward to the updates. Once again, awesome story. Thank you!!on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

David1
User

Tron 2.31 - Slow update month :(

on Saturday, April, 19, 2008 12:02 AM
Here is the latest update...

Here is the full archive

I'm about 80% through the next chapter now, so will release this one.

The next one is taking a little while. Not only the slowest time for updates, but looking to be the biggest chapter so far...

Still, this takes us to the chapter that brings around the tipping point in the story, so we can get back to some action

David1.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Who hacked my .sig?

aldul
User

on Monday, April, 21, 2008 3:27 PM
Minor correction for Pipeline: 32768 is the decimal equivalent of the maximum signed binary integer for a two byte value, not four bytes. Four bytes will get you +- 2 billion.

Jademz
User

on Monday, April, 21, 2008 7:02 PM
Very nice, I like how you're designing the new praxes. Programming aestetically explained makes this so fun! I think you're a great metaphysician. where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Cam_the_Man
User

on Wednesday, April, 23, 2008 6:03 PM

I had a really strong feeling something like that might happen (at the very end) Keep up the good work.

David1
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2008 2:44 AM
Thanks Aldul, I missed that.

Also, 32767 is the maximum signed positive integer for two bytes - the 16th bit is the sign. So I corrected both.

Not many programmers remeber their 2^x anymore

But it does take me back to a memory I had while programming. I introduced a new chip to the workshop ( MCS 48 architecture) a long long time ago... That's the same sort of chip you find in old keyboards, BTW, and it doesn't have a "subtract" function.

So an engineer ( a smarter than average one ) started programming them with me and all of a sudden, he looked up and said "What the? This instruction set doesn't have a subtract opcode"...

"Nope" I said. Then I gave him that "you should know better smile".

"Then how do you..." he started, then realised what the answer was, smacked himself on the head and said "2's complement add".

Anyway, all the old assembly programmers will get that.

Also, I messed up in the last few paragraphs and missed it... It was Mercury and Alchemist that surrounded the Kernel at the end - Jade hasn't entered back into the story yet (yes, she is in the first few paragraphs of Pipeline... Not really a spoiler since I made the last mistake.)

2.32 is complete - just going through Beta now while I start on 2.33.

It's a bit bigger than I expected - roughly the size of two large chapters or three smaller ones.

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2008 10:53 AM

Pk, that changes things, but I still thought something like that might happen.
where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

David1
User

on Saturday, April, 26, 2008 8:26 PM
Hi Cam.

Jade is in the next few paragraphs when the next chapter starts, so she is back.

My correction was more one of the nature that I hadn't re-introduced her to the plot formally, so simply mentioning her there was poor writing on my part.

She *is* actually there, just "offscreen" at the end of chapter .31 and "onscreen" at the start of chapter .32

I was actually thinking you might be spotting a carefully laid plot thread there.

I'd be really interested in a PM with the details of why you were "expecting" that

David

Who hacked my .sig?

David1
User

Tron 2.32 Update.

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 12:31 AM
Next continuation of fanfic has been uploaded and can be read...

As always, located at
http://blackice.com.au/tron

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Cam_the_Man
User

on Saturday, May, 10, 2008 2:42 PM

David, I finished reading the latest chapter(really good), and I noticed a mistake:
“So you and Alchemist never?” Mercury asked.
It should be Jade, not Alchemist.
And also, who is Crypto?
EDIT:Nevermnd, I remember now.

David1
User

on Saturday, May, 17, 2008 6:58 AM
Thanks for the corrections Cam.

Tron 2.33 is now up -

Click here for Archive

This is a shorter chapter...

David1

Who hacked my .sig?

Jademz
User

on Saturday, May, 17, 2008 10:38 AM
Hi David,

The recent chapters you released are great! You're explination for everything is very clear.
Your imagination is to the imagery you describe the best part of the story, it has a truely authentic virtual reality scene to me.

Nice work! I truely enjoy reading. I did notice one word at the end out of context, last sentence has suprises spelled suprised.

Cam_the_Man
User

on Monday, June, 02, 2008 12:36 PM

Please
PLEASE
PLEASE!
Tell me that you haven't given up
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

David1
User

on Wednesday, June, 25, 2008 9:47 AM
Hi Cam,

I haven't given up... But I did have a major setback...

Ed Dillinger annexed my files and deleted the originals...

No, that's a lie... Actually it was worse than that. I managed to delete (rewrite) the next few chapters myself and couldn't recover them.

This really threw me for a while and I was having trouble getting started again.. It was depressing enough that I even avoided looking in the forum since it happened.

Then a week ago I managed to find some incomplete fragments of what I lost on a USB drive and began piecing the story together again from the last completed chapter.

So the next two chapters are well underway again and even changed a little from what I wrote before. ( Unfortunately not too close to completion, as they are a little longer now than the first time...)

I'll try to get the re-continuation up again in a few weeks.

David1.

Who hacked my .sig?

FirstPrevious Page: of 7 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Fan Fiction & Art 
 First Post - Tron 2.1 ( Continuation of Tron 2.0 )