Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3? - After Legacy, Where Should The Story Go? (Legacy Spoilers)

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
Pilgrim1099
User

RE: Tron 3? - After Legacy, Where Should The Story Go? (Legacy Spoilers)

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 7:14 AM
ShadowDragon1 Wrote:I feel that TRON 3 should be something along these lines:

Sam uploads all the data from "The Grid" from his memory card to a secure Encom Server and restores it. He runs a special data defrag/re-compile Program to restore Flynn.

He puts up safe guards, pre-cautions so he can re-enter The Grid and return at any time.

Sam returns to The Grid to complete the recompiling of the data that makes up his father Flynn and encodes a new Identity Disc.

Quorra from the outside has learned to operate the server and has his back.. the Recompiler is a Quorra 2.0 that she herself wrote (the former Iso is now a User! ) Quorra 2.0 helps Sam to recompile Flynn once they get to a data node.

But Dillinger Jr has learned of The Grid via his hacking, during his spying on Sam's activities..
Ed sends his own Program (could have a different name than Sark, or be Sark 2.0) to take over The Grid. Sark 2.0 can act like a viral agent and convert Programs into Elite Red Soldiers, forming an army.
So then Sam has to go find Tron, to stop Dillinger's Program from opening up a link to the rest of Encom and invading "the net" with an army of Elite Red warriors that can spread Sark 2.0's influence to all computers, to become the new MCP. Dillinger Jr's Program has appropriated many Programs to serve him to do so. This could be called "Tron: Rebirth"!

A final, awesome disc battle between TRON and "Sark 2.0" at the end, Flynn restored, returns to the real world along with Sam. End of Line.

It could work BUT what would be the underlying philosophy and theme of the third story? What personal stakes have to be raised? Why bring back Sark just to pop him again? The last thing we want is a "Darth Maul" situation without any characterization and development.

And someone mentioned Bay. Keep that man AWAY from TRON.
order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 8:09 AM
the underlying themes could be:

1) how greed and jealousy can corrupt a person and so they do all they can to exploit technology for there own self agrandizement and obtaining of wealth and power for themselves.

2) how love and family are important treasures to be valued.

Come on, you really think Sam is going to accept that The Grid nor his father can't be restored? A Flynn wouldn't think that IMO.

You think Tron wouldn't come into play in the sequel, nor Dillinger jr or a Program he writes?
if Dilliger Jr, from spying and snooping around via hacking, learns of a self-sustained digital world in an Encom server, I think he would want to exploit that.
He would probably have his own hacking program, "Sark 2.0" in-a-sense. not Sark, but a new Program resembling Dillinger Jr.

Sam's personal stake would to finally return his father to the real world.

I think Quorra would be the person to have Sam's back from the real world once Sam re-enters "The Grid".

Sam is going to need some companions to help him with challeges such as restoring Flynn, and fighting what ever Dillinger uploaded into the modern Encom server now containing "The Grid" and whatever has happened as a result of that.... So in steps Tron, and hopefully a Quorra 2.0 that could be Quorra's own Program she created. (the Iso becoming a User/creator theme I would really dig!) that aids Sam as well.

Yori could return as a System Administration Program that was installed with the Shiva Laser digitizing system.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

MultiVMan
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 1:09 PM
jonwes Wrote:
What do you guys think/hope we'll see?

Theme: A new Tron for a new generation.

I would like to see:

1) A female protagonist.

2) A techno-apocalyptic setting premised on the fact that programmer analysts are no longer needed. Technology itself has become 'drag-n'drop' as native command line compilers are considered legacy.

3) The soundtrack would open with 'Jam on it' by Newcleus in a modern day Mos Eisley Cantina.

4) Her name would be IDE. The idea would be that the ISO contained a programming environment.

5) Title: Tron ‘Regression’

I'm busy compiling...

Tron500
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 6:21 PM
MultiVMan Wrote:
jonwes Wrote:
What do you guys think/hope we'll see?

Theme: A new Tron for a new generation.

I would like to see:

1) A female protagonist.

2) A techno-apocalyptic setting premised on the fact that programmer analysts are no longer needed. Technology itself has become 'drag-n'drop' as native command line compilers are considered legacy.

3) The soundtrack would open with 'Jam on it' by Newcleus in a modern day Mos Eisley Cantina.

4) Her name would be IDE. The idea would be that the ISO contained a programming environment.

5) Title: Tron ‘Regression’

no, not another "new main character" i mean sam was pretty cool.... but tron 3 should focus more on tron, instead of bringing another new character... i want to see more of tron's story and felt his character was underdeveloped in legacy...

jonwes
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 6:26 PM
I actually wouldn't mind the idea of Quorra being the main character in the sequel - maybe with Kevin staying behind to take care of things on the other side. Then you could have Tron be the secondary character in the movie.

But that's probably not going to happen. That's not a knock on Sam either. I quite liked him. But I thought between he and Quorra that Quorra was the better character.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Discuss it on tron-sector.com here.

Tron500
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 6:33 PM
i still rather have tron 3 focus mostly on tron..... and sam and quarra 50/50.....

typicaltronname
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 7:01 PM
I'm thinking the Grid will be remade. Flynn was able to create that with limited technology from the 80's. Now that Sam has modern tech he will be able to expand it even more. Not to mention he now owns Encom, he now has a wide array of technology that he can use.

Would love to see Tron become a good guy again. I wonder what happened that made him a bad guy. I thought he was working undercover throughout the movie, I was disappointed when i found out he's a bad guy.

Wanted to see him take the dang mask off too. Maybe he was disfigured, or something. He did have that weird growling noise through the movie.

Plus, Disney already hired writers for the third movie they can't make a third if Tron is dead. What name would they slap on for the third movie?

Sam was able to upload all the info from Flynn's old computer onto his phone, all he needs now is the lazer and he can come and go as he pleases.

Just some thoughts... bordering on fan fiction.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Wugmanmax
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 7:03 PM
Is anyone else amused that Sam could download the whole server on his phone? Oh, how far we have come...

http://www.10mfh.com, a great place to read nerdy stuff!

KiaPurity
User

on Monday, December, 20, 2010 7:49 PM
...Yeah, my own mini SD card on my phone has 16g on it ... *head hurts*where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kia: Cool. I'm a infamous mythological perfect User.

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 4:45 PM
Some quotes about a possible sequel in this article:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1654761/20101221/story.jhtml
"Yeah, and I think we've created a world that has a lot of possibilities in it," he said. "It was important to me that we created those connections back to the original film. If audiences are interested in this movie and decide they want to go back, and we can find the right story and a way to push the envelope again, I would definitely consider going back."

In addition to bringing back stars Garret Hedlund and Olivia Wilde, one character that seemed as though he could have a part in the continuation of the story is the briefly appearing Edward Dillinger (played by Cillian Murphy), a rising star at ENCOM, the ominous tech company at the center of "Tron" mythos.

"I'm a big fan of his," Kosinski said when asked how Murphy joined the project. "I'd been talking to him about a way to get involved in the movie from the beginning, and this opportunity came up, so I asked him to be a part of it and he was excited to do it," Kosinski explained. "So I'm thrilled to have him in there."

Wilde echoed Kosinski's sentiments regarding Murphy's brief performance.

"Cillian Murphy — we were so lucky to have in this film," Wilde said. "His part in 'Tron Legacy' is so mysterious and cool. His role really fits into the mythology of 'Tron,' the corrupt environment of ENCOM. It just shows you that this fight is far from over."

Wilde has also said that she'd be game for another "Tron" movie, particularly exploring how her character, Quorra, would adapt to the human world.

"I'm so thrilled to play with Quorra in the human world. It would be sort of like 'Splash,' " she said, referring to the '80s comedy starring Daryl Hannah as a mermaid unleashed in Manhattan. "I want to see her whispering to laptops and hugging toasters. ... There's a whole other chapter ahead."

I enjoyed Olivia Wilde's comment abotu it being like Splash! There could be fun in that.

typicaltronname
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 4:52 PM
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/olivia-wilde-keen-for-tron-3

The last sentence.

I wonder how long it would take to get the finished product.

The acting was done in 6 weeks and it took 64 weeks for all the special effects for Tron Legacy.

Correct me, If I'm wrong, I may just be making that statistic up.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

jonwes
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 5:04 PM
I'd say we're looking at late 2012 at the earliest for a sequel should one get a green light.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 5:17 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:I'm thinking the Grid will be remade. Flynn was able to create that with limited technology from the 80's. Now that Sam has modern tech he will be able to expand it even more. Not to mention he now owns Encom, he now has a wide array of technology that he can use.

Would love to see Tron become a good guy again. I wonder what happened that made him a bad guy. I thought he was working undercover throughout the movie, I was disappointed when i found out he's a bad guy.

Wanted to see him take the dang mask off too. Maybe he was disfigured, or something. He did have that weird growling noise through the movie.

Plus, Disney already hired writers for the third movie they can't make a third if Tron is dead. What name would they slap on for the third movie?

Sam was able to upload all the info from Flynn's old computer onto his phone, all he needs now is the lazer and he can come and go as he pleases.

Just some thoughts... bordering on fan fiction.

I suspect Rinzler would'nt reveal his face because if he did that around in public, all the programs would recognize his face. I also think he might be disfigured a bit from Clu, probably knocking him out or behaving oddly as per the programming.

As for the laser, Sam has to get the Shiva device out of the Arcade lab. He should've removed it before Alan arrived. He'll need a van or something to move things around. The only intelligent explanation would be to have Sam BUY the arcade as his property. After all, Alan could help him out with the acquisiton but won't know about the secret lab.

The arcade would be Sam's "front" to protect his father's work. But he would have to destroy the old servers and build a new system there. There's no way he would be that stupid to build one in his "DUMONT" house under the bridge.

But if he wants to do this at ENCOM with 24/7 access, he'll need a friend to pull strings and he's gonna have to kiss Dillinger Jr's ass for that. lol.

squirrl
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 10:45 PM
TR3N (Tron 3) should be comprised of Sam restoring his father into the real world.

Dillinger's son seemed portrayed much as the original Alan Bradley was in the original Tron, kurt-narrow minded. From the movie, I gathered he was a good employee who promoted the product they sold.

Tron had at least one of every device so I suspect he has the flying butterfly wings as well.

Flynn seemed able to manipulate the original Electronic World by avoiding death while leaping into the MCP itself. That was the angle I couldn't compute about the new movie. Why Flynn couldn't activate the laser prior to 20 years. He seemed rather weak willed. Kevin Flynn played video games better than anybody. So why he gave up so easily I'm not sure. Maybe the Dude persona took over from the Lightfoot. Even Ghandi promoted fighting if one's heart was full of violence.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." A-TEAM

I would avoid the Rocky Film Phenomenon where a hero is brought to the brink of nonexistence and suddenly gathers strength from within to win. The boy magician series uses this as well.

DNA is a program of many G T C A combinations. Modern scientists called geneticists are experimenting with custom program changes. Programmers do this as well. The ISO angle should be extrapolated more.

Maybe we're all really programs in a computer. Insight, intuition, intelligence coming from our Users for whom we carry out their tasks.

I read there was a TV animated series coming out. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Daft Tron
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 10:54 PM
Wugmanmax Wrote:Is anyone else amused that Sam could download the whole server on his phone? Oh, how far we have come...

I'm not, remember yo uare dealing with OLD technology back then where 10gb hdd were the awesome thing to have so for sam to include this onto the necklace doesn't surprise me. You to remember there are 32gb thumb drives out there (heck maybe even 64 but have yet to see any) also same applies to micro sd cards & the mem stick pro duos.

squirrl
User

on Tuesday, December, 21, 2010 11:11 PM
3 gigabytes of computer data storage space are needed to store the entire genome. This includes nucleotide sequence data only and does not include data annotations and other information that can be associated with sequence data.

http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/faq/faqs1.shtml

Compression programs probably do wonders on this data.

DigiCom
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 9:32 AM
In the early 1980's, the standard storage drives used in mainframes had a maximum capacity of 2.52 gigabytes. If you stretch it to 1989, it goes up to 22 gigs.

draakarmaul
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 11:20 AM
I think a good direction for tron 3 would be addressing the Internet- specifically, the new encom os that dillenger jr helped develop. I would imagine that there would be some type of "spyware" (I use the term loosely) embedded in the code. Think about it, every computer in the world reporting back to encom about what's on your system, where online you're going, personal and banking info.... . Military, research, and college computers would all be using this OS ( I kinda look at encom like it's the Microsoft of the tron universe)... And encom could have access to all of this information. It could be a very good stand in for the MCP, without rehashing the original storyline. The recurring theme of the free transfer of information would be preserved in this type of story. With xbox live, ps network, and pc gaming online, the concept of unneeded programs fighting to the death also becomes much easier to explain to the audience, ( as well as being a way to introduce new games to the franchise.).
I also hope that Quorra would NOT be explained completely in the next movie. Would rather her role be secondary to sam and tron, with an almost unstated understanding between the two that the fight on the grid will ultimately be about her and her abilities.A breakthrough moment near the end of the film that showcases her abilities (even to herself) would setup tron 4 rather nicely.....

Sorry about the long post!!order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

VECTOR INVADER
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 11:24 AM
draakarmaul Wrote:I think a good direction for tron 3 would be addressing the Internet- specifically, the new encom os that dillenger jr helped develop. I would imagine that there would be some type of "spyware" (I use the term loosely) embedded in the code. Think about it, every computer in the world reporting back to encom about what's on your system, where online you're going, personal and banking info.... . Military, research, and college computers would all be using this OS ( I kinda look at encom like it's the Microsoft of the tron universe)... And encom could have access to all of this information. It could be a very good stand in for the MCP, without rehashing the original storyline. The recurring theme of the free transfer of information would be preserved in this type of story. With xbox live, ps network, and pc gaming online, the concept of unneeded programs fighting to the death also becomes much easier to explain to the audience, ( as well as being a way to introduce new games to the franchise.).
I also hope that Quorra would NOT be explained completely in the next movie. Would rather her role be secondary to sam and tron, with an almost unstated understanding between the two that the fight on the grid will ultimately be about her and her abilities.A breakthrough moment near the end of the film that showcases her abilities (even to herself) would setup tron 4 rather nicely.....

Sorry about the long post!!

You should be the writer for the next Tron film where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

THE VIDEO CRAZE

peppymiint
User

on Wednesday, December, 22, 2010 11:50 AM
i do think they are going to bring back dillinger jr. it would make an interesting plot then!

but then again, i was thinking of maybe the antagonist would spread over to other computer sysyems, and sam and quorra must save the world (because that's what usually the last movie of many series is about; saving the world from their problems). and i really doubt kevin survived, so i don't think he'll be brought back to the third movie, but maybe for some flash backs.

but most of all, they MUST bring back tron!

FirstPrevious Page: of 4 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Tron 3? - After Legacy, Where Should The Story Go? (Legacy Spoilers)