General Discussion 
 Original 1982 TRON Movie To Be Screened in LA

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Tron Fanatic
User

RE: Original 1982 TRON Movie To Be Screened in LA

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 1:03 PM
Where did that poster come from? With Tron, Sark, and the guard? I want it!

'>

Goat!
User

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 6:08 PM
LEL Wrote:If I had the time and resources who knows? I woud have made it FIT with the feel of the movie. I love what they did with Tron Legacey, It worked well. not over done but just enough to make you want to go back a watch the first movie and you wont be disapointed. Yes its a good trailer... but not from someone who does not know the pace of what this movie is like. Alot of movies ride on expectations of a trailer.

With all due respect, the music itself contains multiple themes and/or motifs from the Legacy soundtrack. While it may not be intentional, the music fits the 'series' (at least the reinvention thereof) very well.

The choice of the footage is genius. The goal of a trailer is to intrigue the watcher and make him/her want to see the movie. Yes, the footage is out of sequence, but it provides some good action to entice the audience. Simultaneously, the overall narrative does a spectacular job in setting up the world while still leaving enough ambiguity to make the viewer want to see the movie.

My only critique is that it seems a little bit long. Due to industry standards, however, there probably wasn't much choice. I would be interested to hear a re-score of the original.

cool83
User

on Sunday, February, 13, 2011 10:29 PM
I agree. It's an amazing trailer. You must see the original Disney trailer to understand. I hope Disney has seen it and appreciates it. By the way, Landmark Theaters has locations all over the U.S.. They even have one here in Houston, known as The River Oaks Theater. I viewed Gone With the Wind there once, while sipping a cup of Hot Earl Grey tea. Anyway, I've requested a schedule of Tron screenings, if there will be any, around the country. We shall see.

LEL
User

on Monday, February, 14, 2011 4:17 PM
Wow this trailer is amazing, fast and heart stopping. its ike drinking REDBULL

nerdgirl1122
User

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 4:07 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW L.A.????? Grrr....I wish they would have a nation- or world-wide thing like this. You know- for one night many teaters all around will show this movie....Cuz I wanna see what it looks like bigger than a 32" screen. (I was about -16 when the movie was made so I couldn't see it lol)

<3 Re-Rez RAM! <3
The inner mechanisms of my brain are an enigma.

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 15, 2011 9:16 PM
*Update: Landmark Theatres will be hosting midnight screenings of the original 1982 TRON movie in multiple cities - here is a current list with the dates and locations:

April 22 Nuart - Los Angeles
April 30 Ken - San Diego
May 6-7 Esquire - Denver
May 13-14 Uptown - Minneapolis
May 20-21 E Street - Washington D.C.
May 27-29 Sunshine - New York
June 10-11 Inwood - Dallas
June 17-18 Egyptian - Seattle

Keep checking back to TRON-SECTOR for more details! - Jaywhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Jalen
User

on Wednesday, February, 16, 2011 10:00 AM
Yay! Screenings in Dallas! Only a 3-hour drive away! I used to live up there, and the Landmark arthouse/indie theaters there were a favorite of mine. Now I get to see Tron at one of my favorite theaters!!

I clicked on the link to the Landmark link, and can't seem to find the option to go that far ahead in the showtimes. I hope I can buy my tickets early...where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

"You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

cool83
User

on Wednesday, February, 16, 2011 3:25 PM
You can contact Ruth Hayler at customerservice@landmarktheatres.com

You can purchase advanced tickets closer to the actual show date. Let's see if we can get enough of a buzz going for a Tron Night. All you need is a T-Shirt. Walmart has them for $7.50. if they still sell them.

All good things....as they say.

Let's see where this takes us.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

nerdgirl1122
User

on Wednesday, February, 16, 2011 5:39 PM
Well...I hope they add more because theres one in Chicago AND Indianapolis so I could propbably go to one of them IF THEY SHOW IT AT ONE OF THOSE!!!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

<3 Re-Rez RAM! <3
The inner mechanisms of my brain are an enigma.

Kat
User

on Wednesday, February, 16, 2011 9:00 PM
What happened to DETROIT??where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Nar78
User

on Thursday, February, 17, 2011 6:32 AM
wow... I wish they brought the original film on screens here in Arizona. The trailer rocked by the way. It actually gave me nerdy chills.

"So, nice-looking ship you got here ."

WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 4:46 PM
Update: The original 1982 TRON movie is making a fantastic return to the big screen for filmgoers with a 70MM screening in Los Angeles on March 5th at 7:30 PM at the Aero Theatre -- a showing that marks the first time it will be shown theatrically since being placed on moratorium over the past couple of years (during TRON: LEGACY's production and release).

Attendees will also be treated to unique discussion following the movie with Writer-Director Steven Lisberger, Visual Effects Supervisors Richard Taylor and Harrison Ellenshaw, Director of Photography Bruce Logan, A.S.C., VFX Computer Animator Bill Kroyer and VFX Crew Member John Scheele.

Tickets are now available online! Click here for purchasing information!(also posted on home/news page).

- Jayon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

Daft Tron
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 10:22 PM
See you guys there (whomever winds up going) just got tickets a few moments ago. Will probably also go the ken cinema here in SD as well.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 25, 2011 12:16 PM
Just got my tickets.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

DaveTRON

reptilerobots
User

on Friday, February, 25, 2011 2:20 PM
Do you think they will be autographing anything? I have a signed Syd Mead lightcycle print that I believe I won through here years ago, and it be cool to have Lisberger sign that as well as the old Art of Tron book I have. The last time I saw this in the theatre was at the Cal State Long Beach film fest. on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

"Now THAT is a big door."

www.vberkvlt.com

DaveTRON
User

on Friday, February, 25, 2011 6:02 PM
Steven will willingly sign things as long as there is time. Bring it and take a shot. Bring your own pen!order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DaveTRON

lostinmymind
User

on Monday, February, 28, 2011 5:09 PM
Ah that is awesome I want to go!! But sadly I don't live in LA or any where near it for that matter...

Kat
User

on Monday, February, 28, 2011 8:54 PM
*sigh * I wanna go too! Doubt it would ever come to Detroit, though. Detroit is like the armpit of the world...see that big list of large cities it's going to be in, then somebody said, "no, leave out the D, man...that place sucks."

Would love to see a screening with the original and T:L back-to-back...

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

IluthraDanar
User

on Wednesday, March, 02, 2011 9:11 PM
any one planning on reporting to us poor souls unable to attend? I'd like to know the crowd, the response, the Q&A if there is one, etc.......

Please, reporter present?on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

FusionAddict
User

on Thursday, March, 03, 2011 12:13 PM
Does anyone know if it's going to be the remastered/special edition print that Lisberger said he was working on?

The Clu abides, man...

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Original 1982 TRON Movie To Be Screened in LA