AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
Alan1
User

Missed marketing opportunities

on Saturday, February, 19, 2011 10:22 PM
TRON Legacy related things I expected to buy:
TRON Legacy "Disc-O's" disk shaped breakfast cereal
TRON Legacy trading/game cards
TRON Legacy birthday party themed merch (plates/cups/caketoppers)
TRON-O-Rail overlay for my monorail toy
RC Flying Identity Disc
ANY original TRON merch!
And where the hell was my TL Happy Meal?!

"This isn't happening, it only thinks it's happening"-Kevin Flynn
https://www.facebook.com/pages/LightEars/935720649794384

JInfantry23
User

RE: Missed marketing opportunities

on Saturday, February, 19, 2011 11:19 PM
Cool thread! I would have liked...

- A Kevin Flynn inspired hoodie that lights up like his did when he entered The End of The Line club

- Tron inspired keyboards, mouses, etc... something that glows either blue or red

- Tron Energy Drinks: For when you feel like you've been derezzed. The commerccial could just be the drinking scene between Tron, Flynn, and Ram from the original movie with a voice over

- Norton "Tron Edition" Security software: Imagine Tron popping up in the corner of your screen saying "Unauthorized access to port 32 blocked. I FIGHT FOR YOU!"

- A light cycle inspired Harley: Could someone approach the American Chopper guys about doing a custom based on this?

- Now this is kind of high concept... but a Clue board game featuring CLU. Imagine kids sitting around saying "I believed it was Quorra, with a light disc, at Kevin Flynn's hide out..."

KidFlash
User

on Saturday, February, 19, 2011 11:30 PM
I was surprised there was no cereal.

Disney and McDonald's ended their contract five years ago.

JInfantry23 Wrote:- A light cycle inspired Harley: Could someone approach the American Chopper guys about doing a custom based on this?

Now THAT would have been cool.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

IluthraDanar
User

on Saturday, February, 19, 2011 11:55 PM
JInfantry23 Wrote:Cool thread! I would have liked...

- A Kevin Flynn inspired hoodie that lights up like his did when he entered The End of The Line club

- Tron inspired keyboards, mouses, etc... something that glows either blue or red
I was at a Con last year that had a Tron inspired mouse, as well as Star Trek inspired keyboards. But yes, there hasn't been much merchandising at all. Is it because it's Disney? McDonald's almost always ties in with some picture or other. Maybe Disney had no confidence in the film.

Loved that coat too, the way it lit from inside.

Forget it, Mr High and Mighty Master Control. You aren't making me talk.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 1:38 AM
@ Custom Harley idea:

Not a harley, but it happened.

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Glitch
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 3:11 AM
Hmm, let's see...

- A Light Cycle hood ornament.

- A PROPER radio controlled Light Cycle, both original and legacy versions.

- Radio controlled tanks, again both original and legacy versions.

- A USB powered light-up legacy Light Cycle with trail, with spinning wheel LEDs and spinning motor

- Deluxe Clu Light Cycle with the proper front lights (how the flip did Spin Master screw that one up?)

- Bumper stickers:
"My other car got derezzed"
"My other bike is a Light Cycle"
"I fight for the user!" (in the Tron font)

- Clu baoding balls that light up

- Identity discs that don't have crappy lighting and the wrong colours (isn't Rinzler's one in the movie white edged with a red C-ring?)

- Miniature identity disc USB memory stickswhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

AriesT
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 6:43 AM
For the real life light cycle:

As far as I remember, some company made like 6 real bikes with the Legacy design.
I read an article on that when ComicCon was in 2010.
Those bikes seem to be permitted to be used on the streets in the US.

Missed marketing opps:

- Identity Disc lamp for the wall

- Limped mine / Identity Disc inspired clocks

- Real frisbees that fly and not get broken after hitting a wall twice.

- A _good_ video game like TRON 2.0 was.

- Lego articles (!!!!)
Oh I'd spend 300 $ just for puzzling light cycle or Recognizer LEGO models.
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

c1
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 9:34 AM
-Tron Legos
- Tron Cereal
- Tron Bedding! Yes, for a kids bed AND adult. Glow in the dark sheets would be best.
- Tron Adidas Men's Shoes as shown at SDCC! Why you show them to us and NOT make them available except a few pairs at the pop up shop!
- Larger toy environments! Remember Skeletors Castle thing with the microphone? Give me a Kevin Flynn Hideout or a mini Tron City
-Remote controlled Light Cycle racing set! Place the lightcycle on the track and turn the knob and watch them go around! Turn off the lights and it glows with a trail.
-And last, but not least, some women's glow in the dark thongs that say "My Grid, you got in!"

Mayorcan
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 10:26 AM
The lack of a line of Lego sets about TRON is the most sorely missed marketing opportunity in my opinion. Lego already has a deal with Disney to produce sets based on their movies and characters. They did a line for Prince of Persia last year (which bombed for Lego, pretty much) and a line for Pirates of the Caribbean is coming out later this year to coincide with the new movie. Tron would have been better, in my opinion.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Why use Norton AV or AVG to protect your computer when you could be using TRON instead!?

c1
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 10:52 AM
Does anyone here remember "Hypercolor" T-shirts? The cloth changes color based on heat. This would be super cool to take a fad from the 80's and reincorporate it into a Legacy marketing product.

where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Colemagoo
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 10:33 PM
Alan1 Wrote:RC Flying Identity Disc
Win.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

IsoLine
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 11:18 PM
c1 Wrote:-Tron Legos
- Tron Cereal
- Tron Bedding! Yes, for a kids bed AND adult. Glow in the dark sheets would be best.
- Tron Adidas Men's Shoes as shown at SDCC! Why you show them to us and NOT make them available except a few pairs at the pop up shop!
- Larger toy environments! Remember Skeletors Castle thing with the microphone? Give me a Kevin Flynn Hideout or a mini Tron City
-Remote controlled Light Cycle racing set! Place the lightcycle on the track and turn the knob and watch them go around! Turn off the lights and it glows with a trail.
-And last, but not least, some women's glow in the dark thongs that say "My Grid, you got in!"

TRON cereal would have been a definate win....We needed something food related and cheap to keep the kids begging for more.

TRON Legos would have also been a plus too.

What I think was the biggest missed opportunity was not having a movie-restuarant tie in. If they had been able to score with McDonalds or Burger King for a TRON inspired kids meal then the cash would have probably rolled in.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

overRIDE
User

on Sunday, February, 20, 2011 11:21 PM
JInfantry23 Wrote:Cool thread! I would have liked...

- Tron Energy Drinks: For when you feel like you've been derezzed. The commerccial could just be the drinking scene between Tron, Flynn, and Ram from the original movie with a voice over

- Norton "Tron Edition" Security software: Imagine Tron popping up in the corner of your screen saying "Unauthorized access to port 32 blocked. I FIGHT FOR YOU!"

- A light cycle inspired Harley: Could someone approach the American Chopper guys about doing a custom based on this?

- Now this is kind of high concept... but a Clue board game featuring CLU. Imagine kids sitting around saying "I believed it was Quorra, with a light disc, at Kevin Flynn's hide out..."

Well, they already have a Tron motorcycle, and Tron style keyboards already exist.
I have to say, a Tron version of Norton would be hilariously awesome, especially cause I sell computers and such. Also, making a hoodie with EL isn't hard, it just costs a bit.

Razer keyboards:
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169417800/categoryId.35156900order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 6:54 PM
I would only eat a Tron cereal if it came with marshmallow Bits. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

nonoperative
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 9:11 PM
and lets not forget the 7-11 lenticulr 3d motion cups with moving lightcycle on one side and forming light cycle on the other ..light jet cup ...disc battle cup ....and quorra getting in and out of the lght runner ....sigh.....

IsoLine
User

on Monday, February, 21, 2011 9:19 PM
Kat Wrote:I would only eat a Tron cereal if it came with marshmallow Bits.

Naturally and it would have crunchy cinnamon discs too!

Kat
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 10:26 PM
IsoLine Wrote:

*I* was thinking whole grain. But then, I'm a big hippie. If someone manages to work in nut clusters (I'M SERIOUS GET YOUR MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTER), I'm definitely sold.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

IsoLine
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 10:32 PM
Kat Wrote:
IsoLine Wrote:

*I* was thinking whole grain. But then, I'm a big hippie. If someone manages to work in nut clusters (I'M SERIOUS GET YOUR MINDS OUTTA THE GUTTER), I'm definitely sold.

It can be whole grain too...Didn't they start doing that with a bunch of kids cereals too.

TRON.dll
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 10:33 PM
Party supplies. If I've missed something, please direct me towards it.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 11:04 PM
Alan1 Wrote:RC Flying Identity Disc

RC Flying BIT.
An actual ENCOM company - sort of like a Touchstone Pictures, but for games.

'>

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion 
 Missed marketing opportunities