The unofficial relationship thread!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
overRIDE
User

RE: The unofficial relationship thread!

on Sunday, April, 03, 2011 9:09 PM
I've been single for two years now.
All I really do these days is work, hang out with a couple close friends, and sleep in. Not much of a social life right now except for the internet, which pretty much kills all my chances of meeting someone.

Kona
User

on Sunday, April, 03, 2011 10:19 PM
o__0

This... is a interesting thread. I know a lot of people in my school who date. And yes i know this sounds weird but I'd prefer NOT to date till I'm in my mid twenties. I drives me crazy when some people don't understand that I'm not interested! abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Tuesday, April, 05, 2011 7:33 AM
Kona Wrote:o__0

This... is a interesting thread. I know a lot of people in my school who date. And yes i know this sounds weird but I'd prefer NOT to date till I'm in my mid twenties. I drives me crazy when some people don't understand that I'm not interested!
Meh. Some people are entirely unable to understand life choices that are not their own. Try telling people you don't want to get married and don't want kids...some people get REALLY OFFENDED over one or both of those things.

Honestly, when I think back on my life all the way through to high school, I would say at least 95% of the time when I wished I was in a relationship, it was only because I was worried about what other people might think about why I wasn't in one (was I a loser, was I a weirdo, was I not interested in dudes*, yada yada). It wasn't so much that I actually felt lonely or anything, unless you count feeling like the 5th wheel when with friends who were all actually in relationships (and I don't count that).

*Not that I would especially give a shit if anyone thought this per se, but it does kind of make it hard to have a guy EVER interested in you--or, at least, willing to do something about being interested in you--if he thinks you're not hetero, y'know?abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Tuesday, April, 05, 2011 1:49 PM
mastercilinder Wrote:I really didn't know how to react, is she crazy about me? Or is she just testing me or trying to tell me I'm a nerd and that's all we could talk about? I don't like making moves unless I know for certain . . . I guess I'm just stupidly insecure like that.

Proceed with caution. I had a similar experience with a girl once - she watched all the Star Wars movies (how she managed to avoid those I'll never know) to give us some common ground. My experience leads me to believe this behavior is a sort of "Ok, I'll do A... now are you going to do B?" which may lead to a real relationship (havent been that route) or could settle into a constant match of 'your turn to do something' that never achieves anything. Either way, though I never achieved a relationship of any merit with this girl, she's not a comic book geek and likes science fiction movies. So this Ghostbusters girl may be good friend material if it doesn't go the other way. My two bits.
order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 3:06 AM
I'm going to turn 20 next month, myself and I have never been with a woman.

Reason being that I'm not mature enough to handle the emotional bearings that a relationship can have.

Also, I plan to stay single for the next 5 years or so. Adding to that, I have nothing to offer a member of the opposite sex at this present time.

I don't have a job (I was laid off), and I don't have a car. What woman in her right mind, would date me? (not that I'm complaining, just putting it out there)

Now, let's rewind say... eight years.

I was 12 and I had my first "girlfriend" she was actually, just the first girl I liked. At one point I said this to my sister: "I can almost turn my L-I-K-E into L-O-V-E"

and that was my last experience with girls.

I have a crush on one now, but it can wait.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Kat
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 7:02 AM
typicaltronname Wrote:I'm going to turn 20 next month, myself and I have never been with a woman.

Reason being that I'm not mature enough to handle the emotional bearings that a relationship can have.
Shit, honey, most people aren't...

typicaltronname Wrote:Also, I plan to stay single for the next 5 years or so. Adding to that, I have nothing to offer a member of the opposite sex at this present time.

I don't have a job (I was laid off), and I don't have a car. What woman in her right mind, would date me? (not that I'm complaining, just putting it out there)
I didn't have a job or a car at 20 either, unless you count my summer jobs. Few people do at that age, especially if they're in school. These days, few people have jobs, period. (I didn't have one that paid me enough to allow me to move out until I was 24.) If that's all you think you need to offer the opposite sex...or if you think that's what women care about (the right sort, anyway), we need to talk!

I mean, don't get me wrong: if you want to be single, then do it BUT (big but) if you're only single because of that...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

typicaltronname
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 4:53 PM
Well, there are other details I didn't mention on my post.

It's not the only reason I'm single, but I would like to have a job first. I don't wanna take her to Fast food restaurant and order off the $.99 cent menu, not only that, but my only method of transportation is my bicycle and taking her on my bike is out of the question.

There are things I'd like to have before I'm ready to date and I'm not. At least, not yet.

"Reveal your creation date or I will disassemble your code one operation at a time!"

Boba Fettuccini
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 7:33 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:I would like to have a job first. I don't wanna take her to Fast food restaurant and order off the $.99 cent menu, not only that, but my only method of transportation is my bicycle and taking her on my bike is out of the question.
There are things I'd like to have before I'm ready to date and I'm not. At least, not yet.

Wise. I made myself a checklist of things to do before I can get into that stuff, and job is the only thing not checked off. Driving around with no money wouldn't be a very fun date :P

-==[ www.boba-fettuccini.com ]==-

Kat
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 7:51 PM
typicaltronname Wrote:Well, there are other details I didn't mention on my post.

It's not the only reason I'm single, but I would like to have a job first. I don't wanna take her to Fast food restaurant and order off the $.99 cent menu, not only that, but my only method of transportation is my bicycle and taking her on my bike is out of the question.

What if SHE had a car?

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Daft Tron
User

on Wednesday, April, 06, 2011 8:10 PM
Kat Wrote:
typicaltronname Wrote:Well, there are other details I didn't mention on my post.

What if SHE had a car?

Dood! this chick is flirting w/you. take advantage of it. besides seems she likes the 99c menu otherwise i don't think she would have replied, o_O

xQuorrax
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 6:26 PM
Relationships.. They blow. Mind you, this coming from a emotionally scarred, girl such as myself.

I have just recently (early Feb.) been broken up from my ex-fiancée. It was probably the hardest break-up I've ever, ever been through. My heart felt like it had been wrenched from my body. It's still extremely painful.. and sometimes I swear, I'm very uncertain how I make it through the day. It's hard from going from having a guy look at you like you're everything to him to having that same guy tell you that he loves you, but isn't in love with you. That sentence alone replays in my head and it hurts every damn time. The thing is.. I know I'm better off without him. I believe in it 100%, but even with that belief.. it doesn't make this break-up hurt any less.

Still... Life goes on, you know? I can't hold onto a memory. I've got to move on with my life and I'm in the process of picking up those pieces of my life and putting them back together. It's a long freaking journey though.. It really is.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Thursday, April, 07, 2011 8:45 PM
Daft Tron Wrote:
Kat Wrote:

What if SHE had a car?

Dood! this chick is flirting w/you. take advantage of it. besides seems she likes the 99c menu otherwise i don't think she would have replied, o_O
Huh? I play feminist devil's advocate and that's construed as a come-on? Interesting. (Besides: I'm A. a one-man woman and B. not a semi-cougar, sorry)

xQuorrax Wrote:Relationships.. They blow. Mind you, this coming from a emotionally scarred, girl such as myself.

I have just recently (early Feb.) been broken up from my ex-fiancée. It was probably the hardest break-up I've ever, ever been through. My heart felt like it had been wrenched from my body. It's still extremely painful.. and sometimes I swear, I'm very uncertain how I make it through the day. It's hard from going from having a guy look at you like you're everything to him to having that same guy tell you that he loves you, but isn't in love with you. That sentence alone replays in my head and it hurts every damn time. The thing is.. I know I'm better off without him. I believe in it 100%, but even with that belief.. it doesn't make this break-up hurt any less.

Still... Life goes on, you know? I can't hold onto a memory. I've got to move on with my life and I'm in the process of picking up those pieces of my life and putting them back together. It's a long freaking journey though.. It really is.
It takes time. (Trust me: been there, done that, did NOT get a t-shirt--in my case, "I love you but I'm not IN love with you" would've been far preferable to "let me tell my family and our friends all sorts of lies about how awful you were to me to cover up the fact that I totally cheated on you with someone else and dumped you for her over email.")

Eventually you'll get to the point where it's more like "damn, I'm glad to be rid of that asshole" but....there'll be a lot of time and pain first, no doubt.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

xQuorrax
User

on Friday, April, 08, 2011 12:35 AM
User897 Wrote:

This. Except of course applied to females in my case. "Major Suckage" doesn't even begin to describe it. After so much pain, loss, deception, betrayal, theft, and lies, it's no wonder I will never find anyone again.

You know.. in a way, I'm oddly content that I might not find anyone again. Sure, it's safe and sometimes, lonely, I guess but.. eh. The way I was left this last time, makes me want to make it the last time.

Kat Wrote:
It takes time. (Trust me: been there, done that, did NOT get a t-shirt--in my case, "I love you but I'm not IN love with you" would've been far preferable to "let me tell my family and our friends all sorts of lies about how awful you were to me to cover up the fact that I totally cheated on you with someone else and dumped you for her over email.")

Eventually you'll get to the point where it's more like "damn, I'm glad to be rid of that asshole" but....there'll be a lot of time and pain first, no doubt.

Ah, I'm really, really sorry you went through that. That's freaking terrible..

Everyone keeps saying.. it takes time. Yes. I know. But... I was always afraid that I would end up realizing that the one for me, was one that didn't work out for me. You know? Like, an ex was really the one meant for me, but I wasn't meant for them, thus the reason we broke up. I guess, I was afraid that I had my chance and nothing became of it. And sadly, I feel that way about this one. Time heals all wounds, I know. But I'm more than positive, this wound will always be open.

. > Don't mean to bring down the mood, ha...

CorrupTron
User

on Friday, April, 08, 2011 7:49 PM
User897 Wrote:
xQuorrax Wrote:You know.. in a way, I'm oddly content that I might not find anyone again. Sure, it's safe and sometimes, lonely, I guess but.. eh. The way I was left this last time, makes me want to make it the last time. Everyone keeps saying.. it takes time. Yes. I know. But... I was always afraid that I would end up realizing that the one for me, was one that didn't work out for me. You know? Like, an ex was really the one meant for me, but I wasn't meant for them, thus the reason we broke up. I guess, I was afraid that I had my chance and nothing became of it. And sadly, I feel that way about this one. Time heals all wounds, I know. But I'm more than positive, this wound will always be open.

Some may take it as a downer, I take it as the gospel truth.

As do I after having just gotten played by a sociopathic bitch. Ah well. Walls are going back up. Real ones this time

xQuorrax
User

on Friday, April, 08, 2011 7:52 PM
I think we're a depressing bunch. Heh..

typicaltronname
User

on Friday, April, 08, 2011 8:03 PM
CorrupTron Wrote:
User897 Wrote:
xQuorrax Wrote:You know.. in a way, I'm oddly content that I might not find anyone again. Sure, it's safe and sometimes, lonely, I guess but.. eh. The way I was left this last time, makes me want to make it the last time. Everyone keeps saying.. it takes time. Yes. I know. But... I was always afraid that I would end up realizing that the one for me, was one that didn't work out for me. You know? Like, an ex was really the one meant for me, but I wasn't meant for them, thus the reason we broke up. I guess, I was afraid that I had my chance and nothing became of it. And sadly, I feel that way about this one. Time heals all wounds, I know. But I'm more than positive, this wound will always be open.

Some may take it as a downer, I take it as the gospel truth.

As do I after having just gotten played by a sociopathic woman. Ah well. Walls are going back up. Real ones this time

So here's the question, CT.

Fore her, what would you choose?

Rectification, or games?
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

CorrupTron
User

on Saturday, April, 09, 2011 12:36 AM
User897 Wrote:Neither. A toss down the shaft to the fan blade.

While it would be fun to watch her hope for a while before blowing her away, I wouldn't want to take a chance on her being saved or escaping.

Heh. Bring in the Logic Probe!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

binaryzero
User

on Saturday, April, 09, 2011 5:16 AM
xQuorrax Wrote:I think we're a depressing bunch. Heh..

exactly why i haven't added to this thread earlier.
my current relationship is functional and healthy, no real turmoil or fights, and many of the same interests, been going strong for 11 years now.

as for my past, i could tell stories for weeks.
i used to have a thing where i ended up with psychos, and i mean the death threats written in blood, mailing you animal parts kind of girls.
they never really seemed that way when i met them, mind you.

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 12:38 PM
binaryzero Wrote:
xQuorrax Wrote:I think we're a depressing bunch. Heh..

exactly why i haven't added to this thread earlier.
my current relationship is functional and healthy, no real turmoil or fights, and many of the same interests, been going strong for 11 years now.

as for my past, i could tell stories for weeks.
i used to have a thing where i ended up with psychos, and i mean the death threats written in blood, mailing you animal parts kind of girls.
they never really seemed that way when i met them, mind you.

Ouch, real psychos.

I notice that dudes always tend to describe their exes as crazy, though. That was ONE of the things my ex tried (I know he tried it on his family, at least, because his brother told me he had to defend me against it). Guess I was nuts because I didn't hush up and help him cover up cheating on me but instead told our friends exactly what happened. That apparently made me a vindictive bitch, the whole "not lying down and taking it and acting like we just HAPPENED to split up but everything was all peachy" thing. It's precisely why I usually take "my ex was crazy" with a big ol' grain of salt until I see actual proof that she was...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

binaryzero
User

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 2:39 PM
oh the stories i could tell...

i don't know if it's the water or just a vibe my male friends give off but boy do alot of weirdos come around. the ironic bit is, i work on films sets mainly and a haunted house for 3 - 4 months of the year and the females willing to be coated in blood seem to be pretty normal.

outside of the blatantly crazy behavior, my measuring stick is usually irrational choices repeated over and over with thinking one day it's going to work. if you know the pattern leads to crap everytime, why keep doing it?

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The unofficial relationship thread!