Other Sectors 
 The unofficial relationship thread!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
HooDooMan
User

RE: The unofficial relationship thread!

on Sunday, April, 10, 2011 9:50 PM
binaryzero Wrote:outside of the blatantly crazy behavior, my measuring stick is usually irrational choices repeated over and over with thinking one day it's going to work. if you know the pattern leads to crap everytime, why keep doing it?

Sounds like that famous definition of insanity to me... LOL!

Cellien
User

on Monday, April, 18, 2011 11:41 AM
Been married for 6 years, been together for almost 12. We were highschool sweethearts. We share many interests and hobbies, work out together everyday, and most importantly both love Tron. :P abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Jackie Lawless
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 4:14 AM
woman like money and material.

you could treat women like a princess, but they'll trade you in for a paycheck any day.

He Sill fights for the users...

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 4:44 AM
binaryzero Wrote:outside of the blatantly crazy behavior, my measuring stick is usually irrational choices repeated over and over with thinking one day it's going to work. if you know the pattern leads to crap everytime, why keep doing it?

I asked myself that quite a few times actually, but then thought, "Wait, Chaos theory: every person is different, so doing the same things can't POSSIBLY turn out the same, right?"

I notice that dudes always tend to describe their exes as crazy, though. That was ONE of the things my ex tried (I know he tried it on his family, at least, because his brother told me he had to defend me against it). Guess I was nuts because I didn't hush up and help him cover up cheating on me but instead told our friends exactly what happened. That apparently made me a vindictive bitch, the whole "not lying down and taking it and acting like we just HAPPENED to split up but everything was all peachy" thing. It's precisely why I usually take "my ex was crazy" with a big ol' grain of salt until I see actual proof that she was...

Well sometimes they're not... until you break up with them, and then they immediately turn crazy, which just further amplifies any pre-existing negative thoughts about the ex. There's that whole "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." To scorn might as well mean, "To do anything that a woman doesn't agree with."

'>

Kat
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 11:35 AM
Jackie Lawless Wrote:woman like money and material.

you could treat women like a princess, but they'll trade you in for a paycheck any day.
Please cite your sources for generalizing all women. Thank you.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kat
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 11:38 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:

I asked myself that quite a few times actually, but then thought, "Wait, Chaos theory: every person is different, so doing the same things can't POSSIBLY turn out the same, right?"

I notice that dudes always tend to describe their exes as crazy, though. That was ONE of the things my ex tried (I know he tried it on his family, at least, because his brother told me he had to defend me against it). Guess I was nuts because I didn't hush up and help him cover up cheating on me but instead told our friends exactly what happened. That apparently made me a vindictive bitch, the whole "not lying down and taking it and acting like we just HAPPENED to split up but everything was all peachy" thing. It's precisely why I usually take "my ex was crazy" with a big ol' grain of salt until I see actual proof that she was...

Well sometimes they're not... until you break up with them, and then they immediately turn crazy, which just further amplifies any pre-existing negative thoughts about the ex. There's that whole "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." To scorn might as well mean, "To do anything that a woman doesn't agree with."
But again, what is "crazy"? Crazy to me means, you know, they're so pissed they try to firebomb your house. Crazy means they tried to firebomb your house because you told them you don't like their shoes. "Crazy" as described by most men, including my ex, means, "I fucked her over in a big way and she dared to get angry about it instead of saying 'oh yeah man, it's cool, shit happens'." Many of these men the same ones who would punch out the lights of a guy who did to them even remotely similar to what they did, but that is apparently not "crazy." See the difference?

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Jackie Lawless
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 6:49 PM
Kat Wrote:

its just something they inherit. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Saturday, April, 23, 2011 8:28 PM
Jackie Lawless Wrote:
Kat Wrote:

its just something they inherit.
You're dodging the question. Either make a real argument, or quit making generalizations.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, April, 24, 2011 1:34 AM
Kat Wrote:But again, what is "crazy"? Crazy to me means, you know, they're so pissed they try to firebomb your house. Crazy means they tried to firebomb your house because you told them you don't like their shoes. "Crazy" as described by most men, including my ex, means, "I fucked her over in a big way and she dared to get angry about it instead of saying 'oh yeah man, it's cool, shit happens'." Many of these men the same ones who would punch out the lights of a guy who did to them even remotely similar to what they did, but that is apparently not "crazy." See the difference?

Aye, though the internet age has certainly made it easier to act "crazy." People don't view internet activity as stalking, and soforth.

If somebody did something bad to someone else, and that someone else (even though now happily married) was still tracking their every online move 2.5 years later, would that be classified as crazy?

As for guys just expecting girls to let go of wrongdoing and be forgiving, I see the opposite in entertainment all the time.

Recently this came up in a storytelling brainstorm session. And I was playing with the idea of a guy who came close to making the classic big mistake, realizes his wrongdoing, and begs forgiveness. Unanimously I was told that it would never fly, and the audience would reject the forgiveness, saying, "She should just forget about him and never look back because he's a pig."

Interestingly though, when the tables are flipped, such things are not the same. When the girl screws up in the story, everyone hopes that the guy gains the understanding to give her a second chance.

'>

Kat
User

on Sunday, April, 24, 2011 7:29 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
Kat Wrote:But again, what is "crazy"? Crazy to me means, you know, they're so pissed they try to firebomb your house. Crazy means they tried to firebomb your house because you told them you don't like their shoes. "Crazy" as described by most men, including my ex, means, "I fucked her over in a big way and she dared to get angry about it instead of saying 'oh yeah man, it's cool, shit happens'." Many of these men the same ones who would punch out the lights of a guy who did to them even remotely similar to what they did, but that is apparently not "crazy." See the difference?

Aye, though the internet age has certainly made it easier to act "crazy." People don't view internet activity as stalking, and soforth.

If somebody did something bad to someone else, and that someone else (even though now happily married) was still tracking their every online move 2.5 years later, would that be classified as crazy?

As for guys just expecting girls to let go of wrongdoing and be forgiving, I see the opposite in entertainment all the time.

Recently this came up in a storytelling brainstorm session. And I was playing with the idea of a guy who came close to making the classic big mistake, realizes his wrongdoing, and begs forgiveness. Unanimously I was told that it would never fly, and the audience would reject the forgiveness, saying, "She should just forget about him and never look back because he's a pig."

Interestingly though, when the tables are flipped, such things are not the same. When the girl screws up in the story, everyone hopes that the guy gains the understanding to give her a second chance.
I would say your example is pretty screwed up, yes, and I've known people it's happened to (but they were women and the stalker was a guy). But, for the second example, we're not talking about entertainment, where what people want to see is what they WISH could happen-- we're talking about real life. In which much of what I've seen both in my experience and that of friends requires BOTH parties to act like nothing happened. The difference is that men aren't called "crazy" when they're understandably pissed about it, though they're usually not allowed to give a shit emotionally (women are allowed a marginal amount of time).order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Jackie Lawless
User

on Sunday, April, 24, 2011 10:34 PM
Kat Wrote:
Jackie Lawless Wrote:
Kat Wrote:

its just something they inherit.
You're dodging the question. Either make a real argument, or quit making generalizations.
its not generalizations.

you know as well as i do that people date eachother because they cant do better.

or as i said before, they know they're capable of getting what they want.

its human nature.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Monday, April, 25, 2011 12:29 AM
Kat Wrote:I would say your example is pretty screwed up, yes, and I've known people it's happened to (but they were women and the stalker was a guy). But, for the second example, we're not talking about entertainment, where what people want to see is what they WISH could happen-- we're talking about real life. In which much of what I've seen both in my experience and that of friends requires BOTH parties to act like nothing happened. The difference is that men aren't called "crazy" when they're understandably pissed about it, though they're usually not allowed to give a shit emotionally (women are allowed a marginal amount of time).

Isn't fantasy what people "want" in reality though? Why is it socially acceptable for a guy to forgive a girl but in the reverse, the popular opinion is, "Dump the jerk?" And that more or less is a reality example too. Guy cheats on girl, girl dumps guy. Girl cheats on guy, guys beat each other up to decide who gets girl. So to summarize that in simplest terms it means, the girl is worth the trouble, the guy isn't.

The emotion element is kinda weird too. But anger in men is becoming less and less tolerated now too. Scary thing I discovered recently: yelling, and I mean just yelling, not breaking stuff, or physically fighting, is still legally classified as domestic violence and can lead to arrests and convictions. Emotion in general seems to be slowly getting filtered out of society. Though obviously women have always been given more lenience in that case, plus they have the hormones excuse to always fall back on. Guys have always been expected to never cry, take it like a man, and soforth, but men had their own ways of dealing with things in the primal order, and those things are all highly illegal now, which means all that's left to do is bottle it all up, and that's a first-class ticket to an early heart attack.

Jackie Lawless Wrote:
its not generalizations.

you know as well as i do that people date eachother because they cant do better.

its human nature.

Get back in your grave, Chuck Darwin. You're depressing me.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

'>

Kat
User

on Monday, April, 25, 2011 7:37 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:
Kat Wrote:I would say your example is pretty screwed up, yes, and I've known people it's happened to (but they were women and the stalker was a guy). But, for the second example, we're not talking about entertainment, where what people want to see is what they WISH could happen-- we're talking about real life. In which much of what I've seen both in my experience and that of friends requires BOTH parties to act like nothing happened. The difference is that men aren't called "crazy" when they're understandably pissed about it, though they're usually not allowed to give a shit emotionally (women are allowed a marginal amount of time).

Isn't fantasy what people "want" in reality though? Why is it socially acceptable for a guy to forgive a girl but in the reverse, the popular opinion is, "Dump the jerk?" And that more or less is a reality example too. Guy cheats on girl, girl dumps guy. Girl cheats on guy, guys beat each other up to decide who gets girl. So to summarize that in simplest terms it means, the girl is worth the trouble, the guy isn't.

The emotion element is kinda weird too. But anger in men is becoming less and less tolerated now too. Scary thing I discovered recently: yelling, and I mean just yelling, not breaking stuff, or physically fighting, is still legally classified as domestic violence and can lead to arrests and convictions. Emotion in general seems to be slowly getting filtered out of society. Though obviously women have always been given more lenience in that case, plus they have the hormones excuse to always fall back on. Guys have always been expected to never cry, take it like a man, and soforth, but men had their own ways of dealing with things in the primal order, and those things are all highly illegal now, which means all that's left to do is bottle it all up, and that's a first-class ticket to an early heart attack.
Of course fantasy is what people want in reality. Hence why Carrie Underwood's song "Before He Cheats" or whatever it's called was so popular. And I've never seen anyone say it's socially acceptable to forgive a woman any more than a man. Every relationship advice forum I've ever seen is full of "dump the bitch" posts, and for far more than cheating.

As far as getting angry--women are expected to cry, but if they get mad, they're hysterical bitches (and/or crazy). There's a difference.

Also, there ARE women who perpetuate domestic violence. They're just less common because they're usually physically weaker and have to rely on getting the guy emotionally/intellectually beat down first so he doesn't fight back. It's also probably reported less.

Also, I don't know if you've ever been yelled at by someone who's angry at you who's much larger than you are (or, I suppose, strung out on something) and who you know could do you serious harm if they flew off the handle, but I have, and it's pretty scary and threatening. I hope you don't seriously think it's acceptable for someone to take advantage of that to terrorize someone else. No doubt we're not talking about a simple shouting match (except for a few people who may take advantage of it). But when somebody big is up in your face and you're just waiting for the fists to start flying, then yeah, I would say that's not "okay" behavior.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Jackie Lawless
User

on Tuesday, April, 26, 2011 3:38 AM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:

Jackie Lawless Wrote:
its not generalizations.

its human nature.

Get back in your grave, Chuck Darwin. You're depressing me.

no way dude. they dont have Tron down there. or minecraft.
on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

CorrupTron
User

on Thursday, April, 28, 2011 3:33 AM
Okay remember that sociopathic b**** I mentioned before? Well things have certainly changed. We've gotten REALLY REALLY close and I have been spending much of my time with her lately which is why I have been absent from Tron Sector as I have been getting a life back in the Real World. Anyway, it's just a real close friendship at this point but its been something really special. Who knows where its going to go. I am open to any possibilities but I am just enjoying it for what it is because its something that has been missing from my life for so long. Just having someone else to care about and who genuinely seems to care about you and spends their time with you is a really special thing and I'm not going to take it for granted. Life really is full of some unexpected twists and turns sometimes. All I can say is take it when it comes and enjoy every minute of it.

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, May, 07, 2011 11:32 AM

Naa, anger isn't crazy. I deem crazy as "pushing the envelope to the full extent of the law." I don't think one needs to do something that can actually get the police riled up in order to be crazy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think everyone who is crazy is incapable of realizing that they could get thrown in prison for acting on their impulses.

And yeah, I know the pattern of that guy paradox. Defense mechanisms really suck in a way. I really want to have a LONG talk with the User one of these days... "You give us the ability to see fault in everyone else but give us an innate inhibitor that prevents us from seeing fault in ourselves? WTF?!"

CorrupTron Wrote:Okay remember that sociopathic b**** I mentioned before? Well things have certainly changed. We've gotten REALLY REALLY close... .... Life really is full of some unexpected twists and turns sometimes. All I can say is take it when it comes and enjoy every minute of it.

Alright, this is really starting to bug me... is sociopath even a relevant word in the English language anymore? Is it just another insult now that has no relevance to whether or not the person actually is one?
abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

'>

Kat
User

on Saturday, May, 07, 2011 2:34 PM
Tron Fanatic Wrote:

Naa, anger isn't crazy. I deem crazy as "pushing the envelope to the full extent of the law." I don't think one needs to do something that can actually get the police riled up in order to be crazy. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think everyone who is crazy is incapable of realizing that they could get thrown in prison for acting on their impulses.
Ugh. Not long ago I found a copy of two emails my ex had written our friend after we split up (our friend forwarded them to me). I'd forgotten how bad they were...it's been almost six years and I still felt sick when I read the crap he made up about me. We're talking, he made this whole email sound like I was downright abusive. He was writing shit like (I paraphrase) "I was always afraid to act happy around her so I didn't get smacked" and "I finally feel free to be myself" and "it's so nice not to have to worry about what I say so I don't get hit" and "I never realized how it would feel to be able to make my own decisions, even things as simple as what to eat for dinner" and "I know people are going to tell me they're happy we split up because nobody liked her" and all that. What??? WHAT??? FUCKING WHAT???? NONE of that shit EVER happened. Shit, I was the person who spent four years of my life trying to convince him nearly every damn day not to kill himself, and be there for him, even if there was other shit I needed or wanted to do. And he DARED to tell people I was abusive? (See, I'm getting steamed again just thinking about it) why the HELL would I do any of that shit he said I did???

And he was telling people *I* was crazy??? When he was out there making up shit like that to tell people (and that was just what he told a mutual friend of ours who was more my friend than his even; I can only imagine what he told his family and our other friends). I....don't even know where he came UP with that BS. Anybody with half a brain who had witnessed more then five minutes of our relationship should've known it wasn't true, but I find it's amazing how people will believe what they want to believe, and I'm sure there were a few people who could take "remember that time he was acting like an immature dickwad and she told him to knock it off" and think about it enough and turn it into "remember that time he was minding his own business and she told him he was a disgusting asshole and punched him in the face?" NOBODY ever came out and said "dude, I didn't believe anything he said about you" or "I can't believe he did that shit, he's not my friend anymore." NOBODY of our mutual friends. They just all acted like the whole thing wasn't a big deal.

THAT is crazy. Maybe not illegal, but crazy--to cheat on somebody, dump them by email, well, that sucks, but then try to make yourself look justified by making up awful shit about them. Wow. I never realized that until just now...I just always chalked it up to him being an asshole, but I think that would come damn close to "nutjob" territory.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kat
User

on Sunday, May, 08, 2011 7:14 PM
user897returns Wrote:Wow, Kat. I had no idea. While my ex-wife didn't do those specific things, she still did things that shattered.... Well, nobody should be put through that.
Meh. It happens. I'm not sure if it bothers me more that he did all of that, or that our friends apparently believed it for some reason (I'd like to think he didn't tell it to our other friends, but if told it to a guy who was mostly MY friend, I'm sure he really laid it on thick for the others and even worse for his family). The rest of it is stuff I could get over (I'm a grudge-carrier but people cheat on other people, and dump them in stupid ways, every day, especially immature folks like him, so, whatever, and at least he did me the favor of not letting me be stuck with him forever), but I can't really overlook him trying to make me look bad to our friends when I hadn't actually done anything to deserve it. I mean, I suppose he could've come up with something worse, like saying I tortured kittens or something, but what he did come up with was still pretty vile.

'S okay, though. I hope he's happy. The bitch he dumped me for was pretty mean to her ex at times when they were together, and I'm sure she's doing the same to him...some of which was the type of stuff he railed about me for that I supposedly did, so I hope that's working out well for him.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, May, 08, 2011 7:24 PM
I know I'm so young, so my "relationship troubles" aren't actually "relationship troubles". There's just this girl I met about 4 years ago who became my best friend, and so we consider ourselves "boyfriend and girlfriend". It's not real, though, as other kids my age seem to think it is. I take it alot less seriously than my peers. We don't actually "date" per se, but we hang out, we have lots of fun, and we like each other. Every year for the last four years, we've gotten each other Valentine's Day presents, even though at this point, we live in different states. I used to call her once a week but I haven't been able too recently, and we see eachother in person twice a year. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

tronfan72
User

on Sunday, May, 08, 2011 7:32 PM
Wow! You used one of my vids! Cool!

BEGIN THE UPRISING

FirstPrevious Page: of 6 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Other Sectors 
 The unofficial relationship thread!