DV8ER
User

RE: TRON BLOOPERS.........

on Wednesday, December, 07, 2011 1:21 PM
trekking95 Wrote:
DV8ER Wrote:
IluthraDanar Wrote:
rimwall Wrote:the clue is:

clu returns back to flynn (in more ways than one apparently)
watch closely
this is all the frames of that scene

That was cool. I had to rewatch several times to make sure of what I was seeing. Wonder why they did it that way.
I don't see it... What is it?

-D
Clu's back is to Flynn when he is flying towards him, than half way his front is towards Flynn and he didn't turn around.

Oh wow! I watched that OVER AND OVER and didn't see that. I must be blind. LOL! Thanks for pointing that out.

That's kinda funny to watch.

-D

DV8ER
User

on Wednesday, December, 07, 2011 1:32 PM
I know what it is... I have this feeling of "NOOOO!" with that scene as one of my favorite characters in the Tron world explodes.

All I can hope is that there is another movie and that he's ok!! Not much to ask is it?

-D

Kat
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 9:19 PM
Didn't feel like making a new thread.

Did we ever discuss this before? Sam and Q meet up with Flynn on the flight deck right before they head for the portal-- Flynn says "where did you learn to do that?" and Sam says "Encom Tower, two nights ago."

Mistake, or did they mean to imply that Sam waited a couple days before going to the arcade, instead of going soon after talking with Alan?

(Never mind the fact that any parent's reaction to such a statement would not be "ah, Encom Tower, cool" but "you did WHAT?" Also, didn't Encom already reside in a tower even in the first film?)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Rectify
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 11:15 PM
^^ I've always thought enough time passes "overnight" at Flynn's sanctuary, that it counts as the second night. They have dinner, and talk some more ... then Flynn says, "good night, Sam." I don't think we ever see how much actual time, or millicycles, passes after Quorra gives Sam the sector key and before Sam leaves for TRON city ... but it does kinda feel like the next day. I mean he would have had to wait for Flynn to fall asleep, then maneuver the cycle onto the platform, then somehow get the bike out of the Outlands ... it takes time to successfully burgle your dad's motorcycle.

Also if I remember, we don't see the parachute marks on Sam's back when the Sirens give him his light suit and disc. Maybe those scrapes went away in 24 hours and then he went to the arcade the following evening. Bam! " ... two nights ago."

And for sure there was already an ENCOM tower. I don't know why Flynn reacts to that as though he'd built the company up from inside his garage. His look was like, "a tower, huh, wow, never thought they'd build a tower ... "

Kaisergrendel
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 11:50 PM
Kat Wrote:Didn't feel like making a new thread.

Did we ever discuss this before? Sam and Q meet up with Flynn on the flight deck right before they head for the portal-- Flynn says "where did you learn to do that?" and Sam says "Encom Tower, two nights ago."

Mistake, or did they mean to imply that Sam waited a couple days before going to the arcade, instead of going soon after talking with Alan?

(Never mind the fact that any parent's reaction to such a statement would not be "ah, Encom Tower, cool" but "you did WHAT?" Also, didn't Encom already reside in a tower even in the first film?)

At first I thought maybe Alan didn't receive the page on the same night as the stunt, but the movie did go a long way to showing that he'd just gotten out of jail when Alan visited him. Maybe he spent two nights in lockup??

Encom was occupied maybe a few floors of an office building but not an entire tower, as I understand it.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Saturday, March, 03, 2012 11:53 PM
Rectify Wrote:^^ I've always thought enough time passes "overnight" at Flynn's sanctuary, that it counts as the second night.

Shouldn't that make it "last night" then?

Also wouldn't Sam know better than to consider one RW night and one Grid night as the same thing?where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Rectify
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 12:15 AM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:
Rectify Wrote:^^ I've always thought enough time passes "overnight" at Flynn's sanctuary, that it counts as the second night.

Shouldn't that make it "last night" then?

Also wouldn't Sam know better than to consider one RW night and one Grid night as the same thing?

Well we're splitting hairs, but I love Legacy so it's good fun. By the time of the light fighter scenes, I'm saying "last night" was the time he spent at the sanctuary, and the night before that was when he jumped from ENCOM tower. In Sam's mind, that qualifies as "two nights ago," even though RW time and Grid time are different. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 12:34 AM
Rectify Wrote:^^ I've always thought enough time passes "overnight" at Flynn's sanctuary, that it counts as the second night. They have dinner, and talk some more ... then Flynn says, "good night, Sam." I don't think we ever see how much actual time, or millicycles, passes after Quorra gives Sam the sector key and before Sam leaves for TRON city ... but it does kinda feel like the next day. I mean he would have had to wait for Flynn to fall asleep, then maneuver the cycle onto the platform, then somehow get the bike out of the Outlands ... it takes time to successfully burgle your dad's motorcycle.

Also if I remember, we don't see the parachute marks on Sam's back when the Sirens give him his light suit and disc. Maybe those scrapes went away in 24 hours and then he went to the arcade the following evening. Bam! " ... two nights ago."

And for sure there was already an ENCOM tower. I don't know why Flynn reacts to that as though he'd built the company up from inside his garage. His look was like, "a tower, huh, wow, never thought they'd build a tower ... "

Flynn tells him, though, that the portal only stays open "about eight hours." i assume that's eight hours in-Grid... because with the time differential we've had elsewhere, 8 hours in the real world would be about two weeks on-Grid and there's no way he was there that long. (I think we've debated that before and I'm thinking that for the most part, we'd thought they meant 8 hours in-Grid.)

Bruises don't go away in 24 hours, however! Especially not bruises like that. Although my guess is that minor stuff may not get transferred to the Grid-- your body, yeah, but maybe the laser doesn't re-create every little zit and scrape you have in the real world. (I've had long discussions elsewhere about what exactly DOES go with you-- in my case I was wondering if a user would show up with things like piercings that they have in the real world-- but that's a different discussion for a different thread if we wanted to worry about that stuff.)

My only guess on the tower thing is that maybe previously Encom wasn't taking up enough space in whatever building they had for it to be considered "Encom tower"? And now they're big enough that they do? (Isn't a building usually named after the biggest company in it if it's taking up significant-enough space, even if the company doesn't actually own the building? Wasn't that the issue with renaming the Sears Tower, or am I thinking of something else?) So that was all I could think on that issue.

(And no, no idea why everybody acted like Flynn had started the company and yada yada. He was CEO for a few years. Big deal, so was Dillinger. It wasn't "his" company. Sure, he may've cared about it... we all care about our jobs to an extent, but come on. I mean, even Ernie-the-security-guard obviously has this new respect for Sam once he finds out whose son he is. Why? Ernie clearly hasn't even been with the company long enough to know who Sam is (or he'd know all about the pranks and this would be old hat for him by now) but he still acts like he's met the son of someone really big-deal-- whoooooa, man, you're Flynn's kid! I've never figured that out, but then it's why I never quite understood the whole "Flynn Lives" thing either. Big-deal CEO dude disappears. Big whoop. It'd be out of the news after a month, esp. since there obviously wouldn't be any new leads coming out over the years to bring it back into the spotlight.

Kaisergrendel Wrote:
At first I thought maybe Alan didn't receive the page on the same night as the stunt, but the movie did go a long way to showing that he'd just gotten out of jail when Alan visited him. Maybe he spent two nights in lockup??

Encom was occupied maybe a few floors of an office building but not an entire tower, as I understand it.
Well, he didn't-- he tells Sam he got the page "last night." (Of course, we could debate what this means-- just earlier that same evening, if it's in the wee hours as I suspect it would've had to have been to make the timeline work, or truly the day before?)

I had thought maybe it was the few floors/whole tower thing too, but my guess is that the laser lab would've had to be in the basement or at least on a low floor, I think Dillinger's office is shown to be high up, right so he might even be on the top floor, and they have a helipad on the roof (really, Disney? Who takes a private company helicopter to work every day???). So that makes me think Encom took up a significant amount of space in whatever building they were occupying at the time, even back then.

Yeah, I suppose this is another of those "overthinking it" things... Probably just a bunch of mistakes Disney made. (but it BUGS me if they were! Why didn't it bug them? I'm bothered by the fact that I have written in stories about various motorcycles Sam has owned and whether they have a passenger seat/whether that seat has a handle/etc. if I don't get it right*... and they made a major motion picture with flaws like many we've found and they don't care!)

*For the record, in my Sam story about the night of his Encom prank... yes the Sport Classic has a passenger seat. It just has a cover that goes over the top, hence why it appears not to. i wrote that it doesn't. That bothers me but it sounded good so I left it and try to ignore it. I get a bit type-A with details sometimes, in case you hadn't noticed, heh.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Rectify
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 1:42 AM
Kat Wrote:I suppose this is another of those "overthinking it" things...

I don't know, I'm the kind of person who watches that countdown timer on the mondo ENCOM screen in the boardroom to see if it matches the real-time of the scene. Continuity is important to help suspend disbelief ... and I like to think Legacy is pretty well cut together.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 6:45 AM
Rectify Wrote:Continuity is important to help suspend disbelief ... and believe it or not, Legacy is pretty well cut together.

I can say in all honesty that finding out what continuity errors were damaged my viewing experience forever. I'm not a particularly observant person in this respect but now that I know to look for it it bugs me endlessssly

One thing I could have probably lived without knowing.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 12:09 PM
LOL, that's stuff I've not even thought of. I can usually look past scene cut errors (if I even notice them), but plot holes bug the hell out of me. Also stuff that is implausible (if I had a dollar for every time I was sitting in a movie theater going, "Oh, come ON, that would NEVER happen..." Out loud... it's a wonder that people who go to the movies with me don't murder me. Last time we saw T:L in the theater, we were the only ones there. I saw no reason to even try to lower my voice. My partner didn't even throttle me, what a guy...).

What bugs me are stuff like figuring out how the time works, why certain characters did what the did or are painted the way they are, etc. (In part it's because of writing fanfic-- because whatever holes were left or things that were made confusing, I now have to sort out on my own to make it plausible in my own stuff... figuring out what happened to Lora/Yori? Or how, exactly, the time passed on the night of Sam's prank? Or what may've happened with Tronzler? Source of much angst.)

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Rectify
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 2:41 PM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:One thing I could have probably lived without knowing.

I'm sorry, I don't want to ruin a scene for anyone. Let me cut that part out of my post. Nothing can take away from Bruce's performance, though. Just imagine how great Alan Bradley will be as chairman of ENCOM, going up against Dillinger Jr. in TR3N!

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 2:57 PM
Rectify Wrote:Just imagine how great Alan Bradley will be as chairman of ENCOM, going up against Dillinger Jr. in TR3N!

I still just can't make myself think of Dillinjr as bad...

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

J
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 9:54 PM
Evil, probably not, but VERY messed up and mislead, I can see. A dark mirror of Sam, in a way.

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 10:28 PM
J Wrote:Evil, probably not, but VERY messed up and mislead, I can see. A dark mirror of Sam, in a way.

Did you just unconsciously make a Flynn/CLU metaphor? xD

J
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 10:43 PM
Probably. I'm an identical twin IRL. I can get MASSIVE mileage out of the doppelganger issue in the films. abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

Kat
User

on Sunday, March, 04, 2012 10:59 PM
I've definitely written him that way before, yeah.

the movies go quite a long way in showing characters and their opposites, really. Clu/Flynn. Tron/Rinzler. (Even, in a way, Flynn/Sam... not so much as opposites, but with Sam being a younger version of Flynn, absolutely.) And yeah, in a way, Sam/Dillinjr. Not so much shown but you can infer. In part of one of my fics, my character asks Dillinjr why there's such bad blood between him and Sam:

“You think Sam doesn’t have that same problem, people looking at him and seeing his dad and expecting him to be the same way? The two of you have that in common.”
Edward snorted.

“Yeah, but it’s different, isn’t it? Everybody loved Kevin Flynn. Sam’s dad wasn’t a criminal. So poor Sam Flynn grew up without a father. So did I. At least he didn’t have to know his was in prison. He was under scrutiny too, sure, but people regarded at him with pity. Some looked at me—and still do—like they’re waiting for me to follow in dear old dad’s footsteps. And while Sam Flynn was off flitting around on his dad’s cash, sabotaging this company for a lark, I was sitting here behind a desk, working my tail off to help out Encom, maybe make up a bit for what my father did, and try to salvage the Dillinger name—not for my father, mind you, but for me, and for my mom. When she switched back to her maiden name after the divorce, I thought about taking it too. I want to be my own person, not some criminal’s legacy. Yes, I’m bitter, Elise. I’m sorry. I have a reason.”

And she'd already noted upon meeting Dillinjr that he and Sam even sort of look like opposites (I did cheat and add a few inches to Murphy's height, though, to make him match Hedlund):

They were about the same height, but were like night and day; where Sam was blonde and blue-eyed and the picture of a carefully-tidy CEO (he wasn’t the sort to spend hours in front of a mirror, but when it came to Sam, you could bet that even a disheveled look was fully intentional and held in place with just the slightest dab of gel), Dillinger’s hair was dark and slightly mussed; his eyes were dark too, surrounded by black-framed glasses.

She might be right, though... at the heart, they might be the same after all... which is usually how I write him.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kat
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 11:55 AM
Anybody remember-- in OT, when Flynn's talking with Alan and Lora in the arcade and he says "set the wayback machine to..." what year does he say?

Reading the script online (http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/TRON.html) and in that he says 1973. I know it's an earlier version of the script than the final, so that part may've been changed by the time of filming.

It just occurred to me, since the script describes Flynn as being in his mid-20s in 1982, and he talks about 1973 being when Dillinger stole his games-- that would mean Flynn was working at Encom creating games when he was in high school, like 14 or 15, which doesn't sound right and I doubt that's what they meant to imply.

Unless OT isn't meant to be actually set in '82?

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 10:30 PM
"Sherman, set the WABAC machine for three years ago."

WABAC is a reference to The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WABAC_machine
The captions on the 20th Anniversary DVD say "Way-Back" machine, but that's an error. Should say WABAC, imo. I wonder if they fixed it in the Blu-Ray version...

The movie definitely does not take place in 1973. It's more 1981/1982 timeframe. And this Wikia helps corroborate that. I can't link to the URL because Tron-Sector's coding doesn't translate the URL correctly (remove the spaces before and after the word TRON) --> http://tron.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_( TRON )

Don't take the Wikia as gospel, but it helps regarding your question at least. I think some of the ARG stuff for Tron Legacy charted out an event timeline to help get people caught up on the events that happened in the 30 years between Tron and Tron Legacy. I can't find it at the moment. Edit: See my next post...

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Traahn
User

on Saturday, March, 31, 2012 10:52 PM
Okay, found a timeline (see bottom of page). Again, probably shouldn't be taken as gospel since some ARG info/facts mentioned, in general, were a bit erroneous, where they had contradictions with the movie and even their own factoids on occasion. They did their best to try to fill gaps, though, and this seems pretty safe:

Encom International: http://www.encominternational.com/past.htm
* A prototype of the Tron program was created January 30, 1980.
* Space Paranoids becomes the top-selling arcade game in America in August of 1981.
* Kevin Flynn is re-hired as SVP of Creative Development July 9, 1982.

Based on these events, as well as products/locations/fashions/scenes seen in the movie, I'd say it's safe to say the original takes place in the 1981/1982 timeframe. I'm thinking probably late 1981 or early 1982, just prior to Flynn being re-hired in July 1982.

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........