TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
Kat
User

RE: TRON BLOOPERS.........

on Sunday, April, 01, 2012 12:03 AM
Okay, that's what I thought. I thought there was a reason I was thinking only a couple years had elapsed between Flynn getting fired/the film, and obviously it was because it's explicitly stated that it's only been a couple years. That makes a lot more sense.

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Kat
User

on Friday, May, 11, 2012 8:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Sam's jacket is NOT leather.

That's been bugging me for a long time, because looking at the screencaps, I kept thinking, "that looks like vinyl or some other sort of 'faux' leather." I was never entirely sure until i re-watched the Recognizer scene the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4tJAJCpo4

As the Reco descends, notice how his jacket is flapping in the wind. I can't imagine real leather being that thin and floppety, especially not leather heavy enough to be used for a motorcycle jacket (which, remember, needs to be heavy-duty enough to save YOUR skin when you're skidding down the road for 30 feet at 60 mph). I have a vintage motorcycle jacket and, granted, the leather on mine is on the stiff side because it needs to be cleaned and oiled well, but still, it's not going to be flapping around in a high wind.

Not entirely sure why they didn't get him a real cycle jacket-- I could see Sam in something vintage, you know, with stripes down the sleeves-- dunno, maybe some costume master found that one at a Goodwill and was convinced it was perfect for Sam and his mind couldn't be changed, who knows.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Rectify
User

on Friday, May, 11, 2012 9:24 PM
Kat Wrote:Not entirely sure why they didn't get him a real cycle jacket-- I could see Sam in something vintage, you know, with stripes down the sleeves-- dunno, maybe some costume master found that one at a Goodwill and was convinced it was perfect for Sam and his mind couldn't be changed, who knows.

You are correct. There is a very lax sense of motorcycle safety in Legacy. In the scene just before the Recognizer, when Sam first arrives to the arcade on his bike, he has no helmet, no gloves, no boots, and only a token leather jacket ... which digitally transforms into super-thin vinyl, or something equally unwearable in the wind. At the end of the film, both he and Quorra are doing the sunrise ride with no helmets and fashion-first leather jackets. Great for the movie, but pavement hurts, people.

I love it, I love putting on my helmet, jacket, boots, and gloves. TRON was the movie that inspired me to ride sportbikes ... although I had to wait a good ten years to start. I love my Honda lightcycle.

Kat
User

on Friday, May, 11, 2012 11:48 PM
Rectify Wrote:
Kat Wrote:Not entirely sure why they didn't get him a real cycle jacket-- I could see Sam in something vintage, you know, with stripes down the sleeves-- dunno, maybe some costume master found that one at a Goodwill and was convinced it was perfect for Sam and his mind couldn't be changed, who knows.

You are correct. There is a very lax sense of motorcycle safety in Legacy. In the scene just before the Recognizer, when Sam first arrives to the arcade on his bike, he has no helmet, no gloves, no boots, and only a token leather jacket ... which digitally transforms into super-thin vinyl, or something equally unwearable in the wind.  At the end of the film, both he and Quorra are doing the sunrise ride with no helmets and fashion-first leather jackets. Great for the movie, but pavement hurts, people.

I love it, I love putting on my helmet, jacket, boots, and gloves. TRON was the movie that inspired me to ride sportbikes ... although I had to wait a good ten years to start. I love my Honda lightcycle.

Honda <3  (if I could get a bike, it'd be a vintage Honda dual-sport-- preferably an XL-350 [which, bit of trivia, was the bike that made the jump in the police chase scene] but I'd take an XL-250, or a CL/CB-350 [I also adored the bike in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and spent the whole movie going "that's a vintage Honda, OMG I love it" lol]).

I've thought myself plenty of times about Sam's utter lack of ATGATT sensibility.  On one hand, you would think Sam would be the kind of guy who may've crashed or dropped a lot of bikes in his day, so you'd think he'd know better (and in my fic, he actually has the Sport Classic because he crashed the Monster Dark he had previously, so that REALLY doesn't jive with his lack of armor in T:L).  On the other hand, you could also see him being the kind of guy who just doesn't give a shit (possiby about his own skin).  So I haven't figured it out yet.

(But let's be honest-- 95% of the people I see on bikes around are dressed pretty much the same way-- in my Sam story when Sam's talking about sportbike riders he knows with girlfriends on the back in shorts and flip-flops... well, let's just say that's inspired by plenty of people I've seen in real life and if I spent an hour or two on the road tomorrow I'd probably find you at least one.  For all I see bikers online talking about ATGATT and armor with horror stories of scraping the hell out of themselves on the driveway just walking the bike out of the garage, I see precious few on the street wearing more than a jacket and maybe boots.  Rather boggles my mind since most bikers I know of tend to say that when you ride, you just consider that you haven't been in an accident YET, but I guess all those people I see just haven't been there yet...)

I've also contemplated the helmet thing.  In the beginning, he is wearing a helmet.  I assume this has less to do with Sam/the story than it has to do with the directors-- their intent is  that the first time we see his face is when he pulls up in front of Encom (also I'm well aware it's not Hedlund on the bike doing the fancy riding so they have to conceal that as well.)  I understand that.  I also understand that he can't wear a helmet to the arcade because we know he's going to be leaving with Q, who obviously would not have a helmet and it would look weird for him to have one and her not.  (I believe CA does not have a mandatory helmet law, right, so no problems there.  I wonder how it is in Vancouver where they were shooting.)

From a real-life standpoint, I understand the apparent contradiction (although I think they could have found ways to work with shadow and camera angle to have the stunt rider without a helmet and still not show the face clearly).  From an in-universe standpoint, I haven't figured it out yet (he's tired when he goes to the arcade and just doesn't want to bother with the helmet?).  I assume he is wearing the jacket for chilly air, not for the bike (just the liner itself is like nothing I've ever seen on a motorcycle jacket [for a long time I thought it was just a sweatshirt, but it really does seem to be a liner to the jacket], so I don't think we're meant to believe it actually is a cycle jacket-- it's just in that type of style).

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:19 AM
/Charon Wrote:About where Quorra got her clothes from in the real world. From the matter of Flynns clothes when he was digitized O:

One assumes that, once disassembled into component atoms, the matter that comprised the now-disintegrated laser target is fungible; when multiple subjects are dematerialized and rematerialized, there's really no reason why a carbon atom that used to be part of Subject A might not be used to reconstitute Subject B.

So both reconstituted Sam and newly materialized Quorra are probably both made of a mixture of matter from Sam and Sam's father. where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:28 AM
Kat Wrote:
I'm pretty sure Sam's jacket is NOT leather.

That's been bugging me for a long time, because looking at the screencaps, I kept thinking, "that looks like vinyl or some other sort of 'faux' leather." I was never entirely sure until i re-watched the Recognizer scene the other day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub4tJAJCpo4

As the Reco descends, notice how his jacket is flapping in the wind. I can't imagine real leather being that thin and floppety, especially not leather heavy enough to be used for a motorcycle jacket (which, remember, needs to be heavy-duty enough to save YOUR skin when you're skidding down the road for 30 feet at 60 mph). I have a vintage motorcycle jacket and, granted, the leather on mine is on the stiff side because it needs to be cleaned and oiled well, but still, it's not going to be flapping around in a high wind.

Somewhere in the special features, the costume designer declares, "There are no non-synthetic fabrics on the grid." She then points up Sam's outfit in particular to illustrate the transition from natural fabrics and fibers in the "real world" to synthetic ones after his transition to the grid.
abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

becktherenegade
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 11:22 AM
Rectify Wrote:

You are correct. There is a very lax sense of motorcycle safety in Legacy. In the scene just before the Recognizer, when Sam first arrives to the arcade on his bike, he has no helmet, no gloves, no boots, and only a token leather jacket ... which digitally transforms into super-thin vinyl, or something equally unwearable in the wind. At the end of the film, both he and Quorra are doing the sunrise ride with no helmets and fashion-first leather jackets. Great for the movie, but pavement hurts, people.

TRON is also what got me into motorsports. i have a Kawasaki dirt bike that i use and then i have something called a RZR which is practically a real life light runner.
yeah, you do have to be careful on them though. my father was jumping a hill one day on his kawasaki and he missed the last one and broke 4 ribs, his collar bone, and punctured his lung. he's perfectly fine now, and still rides, but you do have to be careful.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Moses613
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 2:53 PM
Last night I noticed a new one: when Quorra is in the light runner with Sam, she reaches to shake his hand and the handle on the steering control she just let go springs back into it's retracted position, then she grabs it again and pulls it out when she puts her hand back ont eh steering yoke. But when she shifts the runner and says "All your questions will be answered soon.", the same handle stays put when she takes her hand off it and it does not snap back to it's retracted position. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Sso02V
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 3:38 PM
emdeesee Wrote:
/Charon Wrote:About where Quorra got her clothes from in the real world. From the matter of Flynns clothes when he was digitized O:

One assumes that, once disassembled into component atoms, the matter that comprised the now-disintegrated laser target is fungible; when multiple subjects are dematerialized and rematerialized, there's really no reason why a carbon atom that used to be part of Subject A might not be used to reconstitute Subject B.

So both reconstituted Sam and newly materialized Quorra are probably both made of a mixture of matter from Sam and Sam's father.
Or Sam just went and bought her some clothes while she hunkered down in the basement 'til he got back.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 5:37 PM
Okay. Here's another blooper (well, not quite) but it's a behind the scenes footage. In 1982, Bruce had a scene where he had to hit the MCP but it was'nt 'there'. So production staff placed a turkey image on the wall for him to target on.

I KNOW there was a photo of it somewhere on the internet and I can't find it. It's one of the most amusing things I've ever seen.

I don't think it's in the Tron Sector archives as well.

EDIT: In fact, that shoot took place near Thanksgiving in 1981, I think.

EDIT 2: I found something but no dice although this page has some brilliant shots!

http://www.moviepicturedb.com/movie/0084827/TRON.html

KingJ.exe
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 8:18 PM
Sso02V Wrote:
emdeesee Wrote:

So both reconstituted Sam and newly materialized Quorra are probably both made of a mixture of matter from Sam and Sam's father.
Or Sam just went and bought her some clothes while she hunkered down in the basement 'til he got back.
Honestly, because of that very reason, I don't think that CLU's plan would have worked. There simply wasn't enough matter in the laser to materialize more than two people! CLU and Jarvis would have made it, but not his army.
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

ShadowSpark
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:02 PM
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:
EDIT 2: I found something but no dice although this page has some brilliant shots!

Those are cool pics. The costumes are no where near as impressive without the lights.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

becktherenegade
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:22 PM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
Pilgrim1099 Wrote:

Those are cool pics. The costumes are no where near as impressive without the lights.
white lycra suits painted with black paint.... sounds like an average day at a comic con -_-

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

Kat
User

on Tuesday, June, 26, 2012 10:37 PM
emdeesee Wrote:Somewhere in the special features, the costume designer declares, "There are no non-synthetic fabrics on the grid." She then points up Sam's outfit in particular to illustrate the transition from natural fabrics and fibers in the "real world" to synthetic ones after his transition to the grid.

It looks like that in the real world too, though.

Someone have the DVD who could watch the arrest scene (after the base jump, where he's standing under the helicopter) and see if the same thing happens with the jacket?

becktherenegade Wrote:
TRON is also what got me into motorsports. i have a Kawasaki dirt bike that i use and then i have something called a RZR which is practically a real life light runner.
yeah, you do have to be careful on them though. my father was jumping a hill one day on his kawasaki and he missed the last one and broke 4 ribs, his collar bone, and punctured his lung. he's perfectly fine now, and still rides, but you do have to be careful.

I have a coworker whose son was on his way back from his midnight shift when a box truck turned in front of him. He flew over the handlebars and hit the truck head-first. He's a quadriplegic now. Very sad. (I never told my mom this story because she already says she'd disown me if I got a bike...)

ShadowSpark Wrote:Those are cool pics. The costumes are no where near as impressive without the lights.

Clearly you weren't looking at Bruce's ass...

Hey, look, Tron invented the fist bump first...

http://www.moviepicturedb.com/picture/c5ed4523?qid=1

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

digit
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 8:01 PM
I consider it to be a blooper when they are eating with the pig on the table.

It was established in the first movie that programs feed on power, albeit in a liquid form.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

KingJ.exe
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 8:39 PM
But they use what looks like style ice cubes. Perhaps Flynn programmed the grid with the option of creating solid energy constructs. Just to make the grid feel more like home after he was trapped.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

digit
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 8:43 PM
KingJ.exe Wrote:But they use what looks like style ice cubes. Perhaps Flynn programmed the grid with the option of creating solid energy constructs. Just to make the grid feel more like home after he was trapped.

True, but we aren't at church; I hate speculation.

In other words, if that is the case, then we should have been told that where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Kat
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 8:54 PM
We should've been told a lot of things in this film/franchise.

Besides, just because programs subsist on energy, doesn't mean users necessarily do.

I can tell you there's no way in hell I'd be stuck inside a computer for a thousand years without having pizza and red wine and sushi and carrots and all that, not if I could help it. Give me chocolate or give me de-rez, dammit.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

digit
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 9:02 PM
Kat Wrote:We should've been told a lot of things in this film/franchise.

Besides, just because programs subsist on energy, doesn't mean users necessarily do.

Didn't Flynn feel refreshed in the first movie after taking in some power?

I think it's safe to say without any additional information [again, I don't accept speculation as information] that he required power to survive.

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Sso02V
User

on Wednesday, July, 04, 2012 9:19 PM
digit Wrote:Didn't Flynn feel refreshed in the first movie after taking in some power?

I think it's safe to say without any additional information [again, I don't accept speculation as information] that he required power to survive.
Isn't that exactly what you're doing? He was energized after drinking liquid energy. Nothing to suggest that he actually requires it.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........