TRON BLOOPERS.........

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
HooDooMan
User

RE: TRON BLOOPERS.........

on Saturday, August, 11, 2012 2:14 AM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:
HooDooMan Wrote:(I think I once estimated from a concept development map of the Grid that the Safehouse was about 60 miles away from the edge of TRON City)

I'm not sure if you're the source of that estimation, but what I extrapolated last year was based on the portal being 60 miles from the Grid City.

According to the CDM, the safehouse is about 6.7miles away from the center.

Ah...Yes...I'm sorry about that...That was it, Kaiser...I was getting it mixed up with your calculation...I had done some calculations of my own, but yours was where I got the 60 miles. Thanks for refreshing my memory! (It's hell to get old! LOL!)

UPDATE: I actually found the original thread where we discussed this, http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?a=top&id=436086. Kaiser, you and I were pretty close in our estimations, with you coming up with 6.7 miles and I came up with "about 7 miles". The 60 miles was, as you said, the distance from TRON City to the Portal, and that came from Moses613 reading that somewhere in a Disney fan-zine or some other authoritative source.

Kat
User

on Saturday, August, 11, 2012 11:34 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:And either the Safehouse is so far out away from the city that it can't be seen from the city (I think I once estimated from a concept development map of the Grid that the Safehouse was about 60 miles away from the edge of TRON City), or as has been stated before, there is some type of cloaking mechanism to shroud it.

At first, I thought that blue barrier they passed through to go "outside" on the "deck" had some sort of shrouding capability, but the camera angles from outside still allow you to see inside the Safehouse. But it could be a possible explanation as to why it can't be seen on the cliff wall.

I am still going to go with the cloaking. After all, I would think that in the space of a thousand cycles, Clu would have combed the entire Grid pretty thoroughly-- and to me it would make sense that Flynn might hide out in the Outlands, so that would be one of the first places I would look. Since we know they have the capability to *fly* out there, at some point they would have been close enough to see the light from the house. I really doubt they simply stood in the city and looked around and said "yep, don't see anything, I give up." Even a crappy pair of binoculars would point out a light in dark rocks 7 miles away.

(although I suppose it's also possible that Clu had a pretty good idea where Flynn might be, or thought he could find him pretty easily, and didn't really bother to make much effort until he needed to-- that is, was ready to put his plan into action or, as it turned out, was forced into it a little earlier than anticipated by Sam's arrival. Yeah, Flynn's plans weren't the only ones Sam shook up and Flynn's hand wasn't the only one Sam forced.)

As far as the barrier/shrouding... I don't think that itself cloaks the house. It may be that the ability to see inside from the outside is simply a device for the audience-- like our special "inside" knowledge that has real-world reasoning, not in-universe reasoning. The audience may be able to see in because the directors want us to-- but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone in-universe can. So I think it still possible there's some method of cloaking. (I just am not convinced it's that front wall-- because if it were supposed to be cloaking in-universe, then the light from inside would not come out and reflect in the water of the reflecting pools on the patio.)

(Haha. I often get the sense that we spend more time trying to explain some things than the writers/directors ever did-- if they came here, they'd probably read some of these threads and be like, "actually, that makes no sense simply because we didn't think about it." But it's fun anyway. It's boring to think about things superficially-- sometimes you gotta work your brain muscles and dig into stuff, even if that's sometimes silly stuff that doesn't matter.)

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Sso02V
User

on Saturday, August, 11, 2012 3:20 PM
Hypothetically, maybe Clu didn't go out into the Outlands to search for Flynn because his ship couldn't hold enough energy to get there and back. Once they knew where the safehouse was, they could go out there, because Flynn would have had a stable energy source to fuel up things like the Light Runner and his cycle.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........