TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
digit
User

RE: TRON BLOOPERS.........

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 7:41 PM
Kat Wrote:the only things I want explained are the really implausible stuff-- why Tron's now short, how Clu can kick the ass of the best fighter on the Grid who NOBODY can beat with one hand tied behind his back, why Sam needs his clothing taken off (not complaining from one standpoint, but I find the scene ridiculous), exactly how the time differential between real world and Grid works, etc. All the things a reasonable person couldn't come up with a plausible/believable explanation for themself. I could not care less why Flynn replicates food or whether he needs it, why a digital jet stalls, etc. because two seconds of thought can give me a reasonable answer and probably more than one.

It sounds like you have more issues with the movie than I do LOL. I have wondered why Clu couldn't replicate Flynn's disc (clone doctor, anyone?). Why TRON didn't kill Clu when he clearly had a chance to do so, etc. But the pig has bugged the heck out of me for quite a while now; it just seems so out of place D:where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

REQUEST STATUS REPORT
ON MISSING DATA

Kat
User

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 10:31 PM
Oh, honey, everybody has lots of issues with it, trust me... if I had a dollar for every time we went around about all this stuff here...

I think it's not that it's a bad film so much as we're fond enough of it that we want it to be perfect. I know plenty of films that were utterly ridiculous that I just wouldn't bother to pick apart.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Thursday, July, 05, 2012 11:40 PM
Kat Wrote:
For one, I often find that the idea I come up with is something I like better than whatever explanation they retcon later...

This. Thumbs up, plus one, all that.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill onlineorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

ShadowSpark
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 12:09 AM
Kat Wrote:Oh, honey, everybody has lots of issues with it, trust me... if I had a dollar for every time we went around about all this stuff here...

I think it's not that it's a bad film so much as we're fond enough of it that we want it to be perfect. I know plenty of films that were utterly ridiculous that I just wouldn't bother to pick apart.

*resists urge to make the obligatory comment about perfection and its nature* Anyway....

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

Kat
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 8:08 AM
ShadowSpark Wrote:
Kat Wrote:Oh, honey, everybody has lots of issues with it, trust me... if I had a dollar for every time we went around about all this stuff here...

I think it's not that it's a bad film so much as we're fond enough of it that we want it to be perfect. I know plenty of films that were utterly ridiculous that I just wouldn't bother to pick apart.

*resists urge to make the obligatory comment about perfection and its nature* Anyway....

Yeah, well, I think Flynn was wrong about that too.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 10:32 AM
Kat Wrote:
ShadowSpark Wrote:

Yeah, well, I think Flynn was wrong about that too.

One might argue that being "unknowable" is a flaw...

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Kat
User

on Friday, July, 06, 2012 7:17 PM
Well, I think what he really meant to say is both that perfection is pretty much unattainable, and also that we wouldn't want to have it anyway. Because he seems to be saying that being with family and living one's life is really what he wants and perfect enough for him, as well as that there are some things that shouldn't be sacrificed for perfection.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

emdeesee
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 9:58 AM
"Bit" was not actually a bit. Bits have two possible values: yes and no, true and false, 1 and 0, positive and negative, etc.

"Bit" had three states: , , and , a neutral state. That makes "Bit" an element of ternary logic, sometimes called a "tribool".

Happy 11110th Birthday, !where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Kat
User

on Tuesday, July, 10, 2012 10:07 PM
Traahn Wrote:"Sherman, set the WABAC machine for three years ago."

WABAC is a reference to The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WABAC_machine
The captions on the 20th Anniversary DVD say "Way-Back" machine, but that's an error. Should say WABAC, imo. I wonder if they fixed it in the Blu-Ray version...

I am THE slowest person on earth. The really sad part of all this is that I read this post way back when, and apparently did not take any of it in at all.

Watched the film again tonight... thought about it.... thought "wait, Sherman? Didn't Sherman and Mr. Peabody go back in time? Why has it taken me this long to pick up on this, even if it HAS been years since I've watched Rocky & Bullwinkle? Didn't we discuss this on T-S?"

Came back, found this again... yeah, it was totally mentioned and didn't make it into my brain at all at the time. Heaven help me.

Well, FWIW, I never caught the "Sherman" part of that line until I was actually looking for it; it was like he sort of mumbled at that part. Or I would've gotten there on the first viewing.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Traahn
User

on Wednesday, July, 11, 2012 1:00 AM
Don't worry, even though I had seen many upon many times, as of a few years ago I was still hearing and noticing random things I hadn't noticed before -- some of which most people probably don't miss. I don't think I realized he was saying Sherman until I had the captions on 5 or 10 years ago; and didn't understand what it was a reference to until I looked it up online around 5 years ago. And when I looked it up, that's when I noticed "wayback" in the captions should actually be "WABAC."

I'm getting out of here right now, and you guys are invited. -----^

Kat
User

on Wednesday, July, 11, 2012 8:04 AM
As soon as I knew what he was saying, I got the reference instantly... just why it didn't click when I was reading it here, I dunno. One of those days when I was reading before work and in a hurry maybe, and only skimmed. Or maybe I was in a hurry and meant to read later and forgot.

Even in the older version of the script online it's "wayback," unless they only wrote it that way so the actors could pronounce it correctly.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Bold Face 7
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 2:55 PM

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
- I've heard from a friend that Sam refers to his dad as "Flynn" at one point (maybe when calling out for him toward latter half of the movie)... which seems odd, since he should say, "Dad," right?

- Sam took the baton from his fellow derezzed lightcyclist's hand and put it in a sheath on his leg. When Clu removed Sam from his lightcycle, why didn't Sam use the extra baton to make a new cycle to fight Clu from his bike rather than on-foot?

- For Sam to get into his dad's lab he has to go through a maze to get there, but in the computer world he seemingly pops out of Flynn's Arcade like the lab was right next to the main entrance of the arcade. (Seems like this could be a little continuity blip.)
- How is Clu and crew able to get to Flynn's hideout when their vehicles supposedly can't get there earlier in the movie?

- In the early parts of the movie, does Clu not know where Flynn's hideout is? I wasn't sure. If he doesn't, how does he NOT know since Flynn's hideout lights up like a lighbulb on the dark cliff wall? And if he does know, then why doesn't he just fly over there like he does later in the movie?

- I think young Sam has brown eyes but older Sam has blue eyes.

This thread could be interesting. I think I might rather know where all the hidden references and goodies are, though, since bloopers can kind've spoil a movie for me a bit
I think the portal is right above the street where sam poped up ,or the lap is right under the spot sam poped up.

Bold Face 7
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 3:01 PM
digit Wrote:
Kat Wrote:the only things I want explained are the really implausible stuff-- why Tron's now short, how Clu can kick the ass of the best fighter on the Grid who NOBODY can beat with one hand tied behind his back, why Sam needs his clothing taken off (not complaining from one standpoint, but I find the scene ridiculous), exactly how the time differential between real world and Grid works, etc. All the things a reasonable person couldn't come up with a plausible/believable explanation for themself. I could not care less why Flynn replicates food or whether he needs it, why a digital jet stalls, etc. because two seconds of thought can give me a reasonable answer and probably more than one.

It sounds like you have more issues with the movie than I do LOL. I have wondered why Clu couldn't replicate Flynn's disc (clone doctor, anyone?). Why TRON didn't kill Clu when he clearly had a chance to do so, etc. But the pig has bugged the heck out of me for quite a while now; it just seems so out of place D:

Tron tried to but Clu took the baton Tron had after Tron ran into Clu.

LIT
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 9:19 PM
I was watching "Identity" and during the light cycle chase when Beck crashes, you can see when Tron is turning around his circuitry is red instead of white.

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

LIT
User

on Thursday, August, 09, 2012 9:19 PM
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

Kat
User

on Friday, August, 10, 2012 7:54 PM
Bold Face 7 Wrote:

SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
- I've heard from a friend that Sam refers to his dad as "Flynn" at one point (maybe when calling out for him toward latter half of the movie)... which seems odd, since he should say, "Dad," right?

- Sam took the baton from his fellow derezzed lightcyclist's hand and put it in a sheath on his leg. When Clu removed Sam from his lightcycle, why didn't Sam use the extra baton to make a new cycle to fight Clu from his bike rather than on-foot?

- For Sam to get into his dad's lab he has to go through a maze to get there, but in the computer world he seemingly pops out of Flynn's Arcade like the lab was right next to the main entrance of the arcade. (Seems like this could be a little continuity blip.)
- How is Clu and crew able to get to Flynn's hideout when their vehicles supposedly can't get there earlier in the movie?

- In the early parts of the movie, does Clu not know where Flynn's hideout is? I wasn't sure. If he doesn't, how does he NOT know since Flynn's hideout lights up like a lighbulb on the dark cliff wall? And if he does know, then why doesn't he just fly over there like he does later in the movie?

- I think young Sam has brown eyes but older Sam has blue eyes.

This thread could be interesting. I think I might rather know where all the hidden references and goodies are, though, since bloopers can kind've spoil a movie for me a bit

I think the portal is right above the street where sam poped up ,or the lap is right under the spot sam poped up.

I don't think we need to worry about spoilers here. Doubtless there are many fans who've never seen the films...

Anyway, in order (and this has all been hashed through before but it's been a while):

--The part where he says "Flynn" is when he types the "whoami" command into the console. It returns the username: Flynn, which Sam says out loud as if he should've already guessed.

--I still seem to remember seeing a part where Sam loses the new baton somehow, but I can't for the life of me think how. I just remember thinking it's plausible. Anyone rewatch and see?

--I think they just didn't show us that part. After all, they don't show him getting up from the chair either but obvious he does.

--Flying, I imagine.

--We always figured it might be cloaked somehow.

--I thought that too at first, but when you look closely he does have blue eyes (they look dark in part because of the low light, and because his pupils are very dilated because of the low light. http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=140&pid=150543#top_display_media). It's just the hair (dark brown and curly vs. blond and straight-- and while a person's hair can change color and/or texture as they grow up, it's rare for it to happen to that extent and usually it darkens rather than lightens) and the age (he looks about 10 or 12 when he's supposed to be 6) that don't even remotely jive.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Sso02V
User

on Friday, August, 10, 2012 9:39 PM
He calls him "Flynn" at some point in the Grid itself, but since Flynn is literally God in there, it'd be like talking to a priest and casually calling God "Steve".

Kaisergrendel
User

on Friday, August, 10, 2012 11:44 PM
Bold Face 7 Wrote:- Sam took the baton from his fellow derezzed lightcyclist's hand and put it in a sheath on his leg. When Clu removed Sam from his lightcycle, why didn't Sam use the extra baton to make a new cycle to fight Clu from his bike rather than on-foot?

I'll have to watch for this next time.

Bold Face 7 Wrote:- For Sam to get into his dad's lab he has to go through a maze to get there, but in the computer world he seemingly pops out of Flynn's Arcade like the lab was right next to the main entrance of the arcade. (Seems like this could be a little continuity blip.)

It's called a jump cut, where the editor assumes you can fill in the gaps yourself. Do you really need to watch him run out of the entire thing? They'd just shown him walking in a few minutes ago.

The same thing happens with Sam's bicycle-to-motorbike cut, the Recognizer ride (not entirely coherent I assure you) Quorra and Sam's journey to the hideout, Sam teleporting from the arcade entrance into the arcade office (yes, it happened, Sam has real-world God powers)...

Bold Face 7 Wrote:- How is Clu and crew able to get to Flynn's hideout when their vehicles supposedly can't get there earlier in the movie?

This assumes they knew earlier in the movie that they knew where he was hiding. They didn't...

Bold Face 7 Wrote:- In the early parts of the movie, does Clu not know where Flynn's hideout is?

...but you kinda knew that yourself xD

Bold Face 7 Wrote:I wasn't sure. If he doesn't, how does he NOT know since Flynn's hideout lights up like a lighbulb on the dark cliff wall? And if he does know, then why doesn't he just fly over there like he does later in the movie?

This may sound like a lazy explanation, but we can't assume programs see the same way we do. Even if they do, Flynn's hideout was miles and miles away from the city. Even if the city was visible from his window, it doesn't mean Flynn's hideout would be visible to CLU. Maybe Flynn put some kind of cloak on it?

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, August, 11, 2012 12:46 AM
When talking to Quorra in the hallway of the Safehouse on the way to his room, Sam says, "CLU wants Flynn's disc, not mine."

And I've always figured when Sam is separated from his lightcycle and it derezzes, that in the fall, he loses the second baton as well.

That is correct that CLU did not know where Flynn's hideout was.

And either the Safehouse is so far out away from the city that it can't be seen from the city (I think I once estimated from a concept development map of the Grid that the Safehouse was about 60 miles away from the edge of TRON City), or as has been stated before, there is some type of cloaking mechanism to shroud it.

At first, I thought that blue barrier they passed through to go "outside" on the "deck" had some sort of shrouding capability, but the camera angles from outside still allow you to see inside the Safehouse. But it could be a possible explanation as to why it can't be seen on the cliff wall.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Kaisergrendel
User

on Saturday, August, 11, 2012 1:01 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:(I think I once estimated from a concept development map of the Grid that the Safehouse was about 60 miles away from the edge of TRON City)

I'm not sure if you're the source of that estimation, but what I extrapolated last year was based on the portal being 60 miles from the Grid City.

According to the CDM, the safehouse is about 6.7miles away from the center.

FirstPrevious Page: of 8 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 TRON BLOOPERS.........