|Bold Face 7 Wrote:
SPOILER... Mouse Over To Read:
- I've heard from a friend that Sam refers to his dad as "Flynn" at one point (maybe when calling out for him toward latter half of the movie)... which seems odd, since he should say, "Dad," right?
- Sam took the baton from his fellow derezzed lightcyclist's hand and put it in a sheath on his leg. When Clu removed Sam from his lightcycle, why didn't Sam use the extra baton to make a new cycle to fight Clu from his bike rather than on-foot?
- For Sam to get into his dad's lab he has to go through a maze to get there, but in the computer world he seemingly pops out of Flynn's Arcade like the lab was right next to the main entrance of the arcade. (Seems like this could be a little continuity blip.)
- How is Clu and crew able to get to Flynn's hideout when their vehicles supposedly can't get there earlier in the movie?
- In the early parts of the movie, does Clu not know where Flynn's hideout is? I wasn't sure. If he doesn't, how does he NOT know since Flynn's hideout lights up like a lighbulb on the dark cliff wall? And if he does know, then why doesn't he just fly over there like he does later in the movie?
- I think young Sam has brown eyes but older Sam has blue eyes.
This thread could be interesting. I think I might rather know where all the hidden references and goodies are, though, since bloopers can kind've spoil a movie for me a bit
I think the portal is right above the street where sam poped up ,or the lap is right under the spot sam poped up.
I don't think we need to worry about spoilers here. Doubtless there are many fans who've never seen the films...
Anyway, in order (and this has all been hashed through before but it's been a while):
--The part where he says "Flynn" is when he types the "whoami" command into the console. It returns the username: Flynn, which Sam says out loud as if he should've already guessed.
--I still seem to remember seeing a part where Sam loses the new baton somehow, but I can't for the life of me think how. I just remember thinking it's plausible. Anyone rewatch and see?
--I think they just didn't show us that part. After all, they don't show him getting up from the chair either but obvious he does.
--Flying, I imagine.
--We always figured it might be cloaked somehow.
--I thought that too at first, but when you look closely he does have blue eyes (they look dark in part because of the low light, and because his pupils are very dilated because of the low light. http://www.homeofthenutty.com/movies/screencaps/displayimage.php?album=140&pid=150543#top_display_media
). It's just the hair (dark brown and curly vs. blond and straight-- and while a person's hair can change color and/or texture as they grow up, it's rare for it to happen to that extent and usually it darkens rather than lightens) and the age (he looks about 10 or 12 when he's supposed to be 6) that don't even remotely jive.