New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
TronFAQ
Sector Admin

RE: If you guys want new DLC.....

on Monday, October, 10, 2011 12:32 PM

CaptainCR Wrote:
how did it bomb?

You didn't believe me before, so what difference does it make what I say now?

I think if you would do research, and look at the situation objectively, you would come to the same conclusion I did. (Please don't use VGChartz as a source, they do estimates only and are unreliable. In other words: they guess.)

LDSOFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

Green Tank Commander
User

on Monday, October, 10, 2011 4:24 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing another map pack but who would make it since Propaganda went under?

I haven't played in awhile cause I was sick of playing the same maps over and over again, poor lag times, and getting booted (maybe cause I'm level 50) One thing I don't understand is why the map pack that was included with the collecter's edition was not made available to everybody else on Xbox live marketplace. Basicly only the people who shelled out the big bucks for the CE were the only one's playing those maps, and there weren't that many.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Range 9. Mark, 45. 48 degrees...Hold it...Hold it. FIRE!"

Flynn should never have written all those tank programs.

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, October, 11, 2011 9:05 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

CaptainCR Wrote:
how did it bomb?

You didn't believe me before, so what difference does it make what I say now?

I think if you would do research, and look at the situation objectively, you would come to the same conclusion I did. (Please don't use VGChartz as a source, they do estimates only and are unreliable. In other words: they guess.)

u posted 1 link to 1 source that doesn't even say that the game bombed.

just talks about propaganda closing which is not a direct result of the ammount of sales for TRON EVOLUTION.

I think some of you people are so overly nostalgic and still stuck in 1982 that you guys will use anything you can to try and trash talk anything related to the new and improved look of TRONabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

"You know you don't look a thing like your pictures?"

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, October, 11, 2011 9:10 PM
Nar78 Wrote:Tell you what, this has nothing much to do with the game development but I recently lost all access to my account on Windows Live Gamer tag which in turn affected my game itself which in turn made me say "wow...this SUCKS". Simply because my live account which is forcefully the same as my hotmail account, got hacked and now I can't access it.

This alone RUINS the game. Without a live account, you can't save any progress nor can you play multilayer online without it. Whoever thought this was a great idea should be put out of commission. Now I have to recreate a new account and replay the entire thing all over again in all difficulty settings and aawwwhh forget it! At this point I am open to using cheats to regain everything back if theres anything available because the thought of having to go through all of that again is just painful.

The game is kind of fun in multi player when there's MANY players available to play against. However it's usually 90% Russians with pings so high, it's almost pointless play.
The single player is fun the first time around. But to revisit it just to accomplish the same linear objectives all over again....well.... You gotta be a die hard fan to have no problems doing it again and again. I'm not a die hard fan. Just a fan of the first movie.

I get bored playing the same maps over and over. Usually spend no more than 20 minutes playing before i shut down and give it a rest for days to weeks.

This game deserves a price tag of 10.00 dollars since the multiplayer option is now more than half dead. No new DLC content, nada.
Sorry Capt, I know you love this game with all your heart and soul but some of us don't.

I wonder if we'll see a new Tron game and or movie soon. Doesn't really look too good.

sounds to me that's more of a computer issue than an issue with the game itself.

and this is an example of why some games should not be playe don PC unless they are specifically meant for PC. but i know some people feel that PC gaming is the only "true" way to play games, which i strongly disagree with but i'm not saying consoles are superior either. it depends on the game and what you are using to play the game,

in terms of TRON EVOLUTION, it appears your best bet for a great experience single player and multiplayer is on PS3 and XBOX 360

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Tuesday, October, 11, 2011 10:45 PM

CaptainCR Wrote:

just talks about propaganda closing which is not a direct result of the ammount of sales for TRON EVOLUTION.

Same link again: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/disney-game-studio-gets-derezzed.html

Propaganda recently completed work on Tron: Evolution, a console game that explores events leading up to the conflict in the film "Tron: Legacy." Even though it featured voice talent from the film, sales have been weak. Disney has sold only 190,755 copies, according to NPD Group.

CaptainCR Wrote:
I think some of you people are so overly nostalgic and still stuck in 1982 that you guys will use anything you can to try and trash talk anything related to the new and improved look of TRON

and this is an example of why some games should not be playe don PC unless they are specifically meant for PC.

in terms of TRON EVOLUTION, it appears your best bet for a great experience single player and multiplayer is on PS3 and XBOX 360

I happen to like TRON Legacy and its look just fine, actually. Thanks for presuming otherwise, without asking me first. I may not have cared for the suits, but the rest was good.

As for your statement about games on PCs, and Tron Evolution on the PC specifically . . . all I can say is I had a great experience. No problems whatsoever. Making sweeping generalizations based on one person's bad experience is never a good idea. Consoles have problems too, sometimes. Both console versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution are full of bugs with tons of complaints on the Eidos forums, and no patches two months later.

CaptainCR
User

on Tuesday, October, 18, 2011 9:42 PM
TronFAQ Wrote:

CaptainCR Wrote:

Same link again: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/disney-game-studio-gets-derezzed.html

Propaganda recently completed work on Tron: Evolution, a console game that explores events leading up to the conflict in the film "Tron: Legacy." Even though it featured voice talent from the film, sales have been weak. Disney has sold only 190,755 copies, according to NPD Group.

CaptainCR Wrote:
I think some of you people are so overly nostalgic and still stuck in 1982 that you guys will use anything you can to try and trash talk anything related to the new and improved look of TRON

and this is an example of why some games should not be playe don PC unless they are specifically meant for PC.

I happen to like TRON Legacy and its look just fine, actually. Thanks for presuming otherwise, without asking me first. I may not have cared for the suits, but the rest was good.

As for your statement about games on PCs, and Tron Evolution on the PC specifically . . . all I can say is I had a great experience. No problems whatsoever. Making sweeping generalizations based on one person's bad experience is never a good idea. Consoles have problems too, sometimes. Both console versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution are full of bugs with tons of complaints on the Eidos forums, and no patches two months later.

that link did not say that the games weak sells was a result of propaganda games being axed nor does that mean the game was a failure. so it didn't sell that much upon launch..big whoop. it is stll selling and tons of people still play and according to those massive amount of ppl who still play it, they love it.

and yes i know consoles have problems too but as of late it looks like the PC games get the biggest problems, and i never said EVERYONE was over nostalgic i said some of you guys. and i didn't name anyone specifically

TronFAQ
Sector Admin

on Wednesday, October, 26, 2011 6:59 PM

@CaptainCR: We'll just have to agree to disagree. Anecdotal evidence like "I see lots of people playing" doesn't really tell us anything. We have the first month's sales, and we have the fact that there's been no additional DLC almost a year later. For your sake I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see things the way you do.

CaptainCR Wrote:
and yes i know consoles have problems too but as of late it looks like the PC games get the biggest problems

Okay, but you were talking about Evolution specifically. And when it comes to Evolution on the PC specificially: I can't recall a single person complaining about having problems other than Nar78 and TRON.dll. In both cases, it had to do with their Live account. TRON.dll switched from online mode to offline mode by accident, and Nar78's account got hacked.

Now let's do a comparison with what happened on the PS3 recently. PSN got hacked. It was down for a month. Nobody could play Evolution online on the PS3 for a month.

Do we blame the PS3 for that? No, of course not. That would be stupid. It was Sony's fault with PSN accounts. It's got nothing to do with the PS3 itself.

Now do you see how unfair your comment was? It's got nothing to do with the PC itself. It was all Live account related. I'm not saying there aren't problems on the PC sometimes. But for Evolution specifically no one has been complaining of the game crashing, glitching, or anything else on their PC causing problems with the game. Not unless the same glitch exists on the console versions (the Anon animations getting stuck sometimes). Live account problems are external causes that have nothing to do with the computer.

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

FirstPrevious Page: of 3 Pages
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  TRON: Evolution 
 If you guys want new DLC.....