Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
DrP
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 10:23 AM
I figured it would be fun to see what people are watching their Tron: Legacy Blu-ray's on. "Come on, big fella, let's see what you got."

Home Theater Room Equipment

Martin Logan tower speakers, Model Vantage, 40" Electrostatic Panel w/8" 200 watt powered Sub-woofer for each speaker matched with
Mapleshade Threaded Heaveyfeet (8), brass anti-vibration replacement spiked speaker feet and Shunyata Research Inc. Powersnakes (2), Venon PowerCable replacement powercords.

Signal Cable Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables

Polk Audio RT600's (4)
Polk Audio RT450's (2)
Polk Audio LSiC Center Speaker
Polk Audio PSW300 Subwoofer
Polk Audio PSW650 Subwoofer

Conrad Johnson Evollution 2000 Amplifier (Mods: Universal power cable connect added)
Conrad Johnson PF-2 Preamplifier

Onkyo TX-SR875 Receiver

Oppo Digital DV-980H SACD/DVD player

PS3

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700UB Projector

Elite Screens - Home Cinema - 150" Diag. Projector Screen

AVS Voltage Regulator
APC H15BLK AV 1.5kVA H Type Power Conditioner

Media Server (Computer, approx 14,500 audio tracks):
ASUS Xonar D2/PM Sound Card
Winamp media player w/ iZotope Ozone - DSPon line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

END OF LINE

Lew
User

RE: Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 4:45 PM
Nothing particularly fancy. This Blu-ray player into this TV with the audio going though this hi-fi system.

where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DrP
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 6:56 PM
Lew Wrote:Nothing particularly fancy. This Blu-ray player into this TV with the audio going though this hi-fi system.

I like what's playing on your TV!

Unfortunatly, I can't post picks in the forum yet (not enough posts).

UPDATE:
... just posted to some stuff as I was real close.... I'll update with some pics.

END OF LINE

cool83
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 9:21 PM
Vizio 42 in. With new passive 3D. RealD 3D glasses work just fine, no LCD shutter glasses. Playback through PS3 blu-Ray 3D. I'm back on the GRID. As usual, Visio sound not up to par. Looking for alternative sound. I like the idea of using a Hi-Fi system. When I use to sell A/V at circuit city, I remember helping a customer set up his Hi-Fi VCR through his 1976 era Hi-Fi with massive speakers. He was so impressed that his old system could do that. Jurasic Park ble his mind and pissed off the neighbors. My have to find a Kenwood Hi-Fi. By the way, the Visio 3D TV cost me $700.00 at wall-mart. If your in the market, I would check it out.

HooDooMan
User

on Wednesday, May, 18, 2011 10:36 PM
Holy Schnikies! That's quite an impressive home theater, Doc! Can I come watch movies at your house? LOL!

My present setup:

An old hand-me-down 19 inch RCA tube television
Pioneer DVD player

(Pretty sad, isn't it?)

But presently, I'm saving up for my planned future setup:

Mitsubishi WD-73C10 73 inch 3D DLP HDTV
Sony BDP-S570 3-D Blu-Ray player
Denon AVR-1911 7.1 Home Theater Receiver
JBL CS4800BG 5.1 HT speaker system
JBL CS400SATBG Satellite Speakers (Pair)

I'm hoping for a good Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale so I can hopefully buy it all at once for a great deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Once it's all set up in my apartment, my neighbors are gonna hate me! LOL!

DrP
User

on Thursday, May, 19, 2011 7:46 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:Holy Schnikies! That's quite an impressive home theater, Doc! Can I come watch movies at your house? LOL!

My present setup:

An old hand-me-down 19 inch RCA tube television
Pioneer DVD player

(Pretty sad, isn't it?)

But presently, I'm saving up for my planned future setup:

Mitsubishi WD-73C10 73 inch 3D DLP HDTV
Sony BDP-S570 3-D Blu-Ray player
Denon AVR-1911 7.1 Home Theater Receiver
JBL CS4800BG 5.1 HT speaker system
JBL CS400SATBG Satellite Speakers (Pair)

I'm hoping for a good Black Friday or Cyber Monday sale so I can hopefully buy it all at once for a great deal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Once it's all set up in my apartment, my neighbors are gonna hate me! LOL!

I previously owned one of the 73" Mitsubishi DLP's. I think it had great pictures quality. It's unfortunate that many people don't buy them anymore "just because it's not flat and wall mountable." It's a great bargain for people looking for a large screen.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, May, 19, 2011 11:16 PM
DrP Wrote:I previously owned one of the 73" Mitsubishi DLP's. I think it had great pictures quality. It's unfortunate that many people don't buy them anymore "just because it's not flat and wall mountable." It's a great bargain for people looking for a large screen.

Oh cool! I'm so glad to hear from someone who owned one! That's really great to hear, Doc! I've been reading all the great reviews on it and everybody seems to just love it! I don't care about it not being flat or wall mountable as its going to sit on a stand in my apartment anyway. My living room is really small, so I'm definitely going to get the immersive experience! I'll definitely be hitting the 36 degrees angle from my couch! I'll be somewhat following the THX and/or SMPTE recommendations as much as my viewing space will allow. Someday when I buy a place of my own, I hope to upgrade and do something similar to your dedicated theater room, Doc. I may even theme it after TRON! But for now, I'm just hoping I can get it on Black Friday for $999 or cheaper! If I get all this stuff setup, I'll have to resurrect this thread and post some pictures! Thanks again for the vote of confidence on the 73 incher, Doc!

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, May, 19, 2011 11:24 PM
Lew Wrote:Nothing particularly fancy. This Blu-ray player into this TV with the audio going though this hi-fi system.

Nice job, Lew! I bet that looks and sounds great! Much better than my 19 inch tube! LOL! How far back are you from the TV when you're watching it? I like that immersive experience, so I'm gonna be relatively close when I upgrade to the big screen. Right now, I'm just grateful that I can watch TRON: Legacy at all on the DVD that came with the 5-disc Collector's Edition. I already have the 25th Anniversary edition of TRON. So right now, I'm still able to get my TRON fix every now and then! LOL!order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DrP
User

on Friday, May, 20, 2011 9:08 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:
DrP Wrote:I previously owned one of the 73" Mitsubishi DLP's. I think it had great pictures quality. It's unfortunate that many people don't buy them anymore "just because it's not flat and wall mountable." It's a great bargain for people looking for a large screen.

Oh cool! I'm so glad to hear from someone who owned one! That's really great to hear, Doc! I've been reading all the great reviews on it and everybody seems to just love it! I don't care about it not being flat or wall mountable as its going to sit on a stand in my apartment anyway. My living room is really small, so I'm definitely going to get the immersive experience! I'll definitely be hitting the 36 degrees angle from my couch! I'll be somewhat following the THX and/or SMPTE recommendations as much as my viewing space will allow. Someday when I buy a place of my own, I hope to upgrade and do something similar to your dedicated theater room, Doc. I may even theme it after TRON! But for now, I'm just hoping I can get it on Black Friday for $999 or cheaper! If I get all this stuff setup, I'll have to resurrect this thread and post some pictures! Thanks again for the vote of confidence on the 73 incher, Doc!

To really appreciate the best picture quality blu-ray has to offer, one really must sit at the best possible distance. I found this link very helpful in giving guidelines for calculating optimal viewing distance based on screen size.

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html#anchor_13194

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Saturday, May, 21, 2011 5:51 PM
Awesome thread! here's my setup:

equipment:
screen: 110" DIY with black microfiber light spillover border

media: PS3, Xbox 360, HTPC and iPhone tap, arcade machines: standup 4-player and sit-down fully adjustable driving simulator

projector: Mitsubishi hc1600

receiver: Integra 50.2

speakers:
Bohlender & Graebener Z5 center
Bohlender & Graebener Z7 front surround
subwoofers: JL Audio 13W6 in 1.5" MDF sealed cabinets (2x 500w BASH audio plate amps) 12ga Acoustic Research interior wiring and 3" acoustic damper lining. (still need to wrap with wood veneer to match B&G's
rear surrounds: Sony (will be replaced soon with B & G rears eventually)

interconnects: hand braided with 96 strand cat5 teflon coated cable and GLS audio "Gen III" locking banana clips

video: standard Samsung bd-c6800 BluRay

power: Monster HDP 2400 power conditioner

connectivity: gaming consoles, AVR, BluRay, arcade machines all wired with netgear gigabit routers.

seating: two tier leather couches (ultra comfy but to be replaced with HT recliners)abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

DrP
User

on Sunday, May, 22, 2011 7:50 AM
Falty Wrote:Awesome thread! here's my setup:

equipment:
screen: 110" DIY with black microfiber light spillover border

media: PS3, Xbox 360, HTPC and iPhone tap, arcade machines: standup 4-player and sit-down fully adjustable driving simulator

projector: Mitsubishi hc1600

receiver: Integra 50.2

speakers:
Bohlender & Graebener Z5 center
Bohlender & Graebener Z7 front surround
subwoofers: JL Audio 13W6 in 1.5" MDF sealed cabinets (2x 500w BASH audio plate amps) 12ga Acoustic Research interior wiring and 3" acoustic damper lining. (still need to wrap with wood veneer to match B&G's
rear surrounds: Sony (will be replaced soon with B & G rears eventually)

interconnects: hand braided with 96 strand cat5 teflon coated cable and GLS audio "Gen III" locking banana clips

video: standard Samsung bd-c6800 BluRay

power: Monster HDP 2400 power conditioner

connectivity: gaming consoles, AVR, BluRay, arcade machines all wired with netgear gigabit routers.

seating: two tier leather couches (ultra comfy but to be replaced with HT recliners)

Nice setup. Looks like your using dual subwoofer setup. I use a similar 7.2 setup myself and I find the base is much more even than a single setup. Also, it is much easier to get an "omni directional" sound out of them. Lot of people forget that you should not be able to tell where the LFE channel is coming from in an ideal setup. I have found that subwoofer placement is actually quite difficult and most manuals that come with stereos don't talk about this other than having it in a little picture that places it somewhere in the front soundstage.

For readers with one sub a good way to find optimal sub woofer placement is to put the subwoofer in your seating position (ideally ear level) and then crawl around on the floor and wherever it sounds the best, that is where you should place the sub. It's easier than moving it into position, listening, moving, listening, moving,... etc.

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Sunday, May, 22, 2011 11:30 AM
Thanks! Your 2ch. Looks pretty sweet aswell. As to subwoofer placement there wasn't much info regarding placement and moving these beasts around is a chore at 110 lbs each . Bit overbuilt but they sound wonderfully smooth and roll into the midrange quite well.

DrP
User

on Monday, May, 23, 2011 11:15 AM
Falty Wrote:Thanks! Your 2ch. Looks pretty sweet aswell. As to subwoofer placement there wasn't much info regarding placement and moving these beasts around is a chore at 110 lbs each . Bit overbuilt but they sound wonderfully smooth and roll into the midrange quite well.

110 lbs, damn. I had trouble moving mine around and they way around 65 lbs. Reminds me of when I was moving my amplifier which weighs in around 115 lbs, I had to ask for help.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Monday, May, 23, 2011 11:34 PM
Yea that's guestimated. The cabinet itself is 85lbs minus subwoofer/plate amp/damping material/wiring. The subwoofer is 26.8 lbs and the amp is 6 lbs. So I guess I am underestimating the weight. I've considered doing separates but my setup far exceeds the room.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

DrP
User

on Thursday, May, 26, 2011 6:48 PM
Falty Wrote:Yea that's guestimated. The cabinet itself is 85lbs minus subwoofer/plate amp/damping material/wiring. The subwoofer is 26.8 lbs and the amp is 6 lbs. So I guess I am underestimating the weight. I've considered doing separates but my setup far exceeds the room.

Sounds like you need a bigger room! I find that the room is also an integral part of a proper setup. My Martin Logan's really come alive when they are properly placed. My room is about 500 sq feet (approx 20x25) and it really helps that I can move the speakers around and off the walls a bit. I keep them about 5 feet off the wall and this helps with a nice full sound-stage. I think this is even more important with dipole/bipole speakers and electrostats.

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Friday, May, 27, 2011 3:36 AM
The bonus room where the theater is setup measures out to be 15x11. Options are limited for speaker positions. Have you done a blind test to see if there was a difference between bi-amping and single amp speaker wiring? I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to bi-amp my front surrounds

DrP
User

on Saturday, May, 28, 2011 8:49 AM
Falty Wrote:The bonus room where the theater is setup measures out to be 15x11. Options are limited for speaker positions. Have you done a blind test to see if there was a difference between bi-amping and single amp speaker wiring? I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle to bi-amp my front surrounds

I use Martin Logan Vantage speakers (http://www.martinlogan.com/products/vantage) which have a powered subwoofer built in for the lows and electrostatic speakers for the mids and highs. I have them biwired but not bi-amped. I don't think biamping would do too much since the subs have their own amplification circuits and power. Actually, I don't believe you can really biamp these even though they have 2 sets of 5-way binding posts. Also, since I drive the two channels with a close to $10k amp, i'm a little hesitant to invest that kind of money for questionable (if any) quality improvements. Definitely interesting thought though.

I think the effect of biamping has a lot to do with each individual speaker and amp configuration. If your amp is underpowered or low efficiency speakers then you would get a greater benefit from biamping just due to the extra power.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

DrP
User

on Sunday, June, 12, 2011 7:30 AM
I posted some more pictures including some of the design models before starting construction. You can see them at:

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=invenio

END OF LINE

Cellien
User

on Sunday, June, 12, 2011 12:19 PM
Nice! I'll have to get some photos soon of my set up.on line abortion pill misoprostol dose abortion medical abortion pill online

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, June, 19, 2011 12:39 PM
Well, since I turned 40 on Friday, I decided to treat myself and buy a big-screen TV. I didn't end up getting the 73 inch like I posted earlier. After taking another look at my living room setup, a 73 inch screen would have been just too much for such a little room. So I bought a Mitsubishi WD-60738 60-inch DLP HDTV. It was an open box item on TigerDirect for $599, so I couldn't pass it up. I also bought a Panasonic SC-BTT350 3D Blu-ray 5.1 Home Theater System for $319. I bought two pair of the Optoma BG-ZD101DLP Link 3D glasses for $69 each. And I also bought 2 pairs of Atlantic Satellite speaker stands for $29 each. So hopefully, I can transform my little apartment living room into my own personal theater. Coming from my little 19-inch tube television, I'm sure it will be a dramatic transition for me! LOL!

Once everything comes in and I get it all set up, I'll take pictures and post them on here. I can't wait to watch TRON and TRON: Legacy in all their 60-inch, 1080p, 3D, 5.1 surround sound glory! LOL!

Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY