Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
Falty
User

RE: Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.

on Monday, June, 20, 2011 5:56 PM
sounds great, Hoodoo man! looking forward to seeing you your new setup looks like.

DrP
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2011 11:36 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:Well, since I turned 40 on Friday, I decided to treat myself and buy a big-screen TV. I didn't end up getting the 73 inch like I posted earlier. After taking another look at my living room setup, a 73 inch screen would have been just too much for such a little room. So I bought a Mitsubishi WD-60738 60-inch DLP HDTV. It was an open box item on TigerDirect for $599, so I couldn't pass it up. I also bought a Panasonic SC-BTT350 3D Blu-ray 5.1 Home Theater System for $319. I bought two pair of the Optoma BG-ZD101DLP Link 3D glasses for $69 each. And I also bought 2 pairs of Atlantic Satellite speaker stands for $29 each. So hopefully, I can transform my little apartment living room into my own personal theater. Coming from my little 19-inch tube television, I'm sure it will be a dramatic transition for me! LOL!

Once everything comes in and I get it all set up, I'll take pictures and post them on here. I can't wait to watch TRON and TRON: Legacy in all their 60-inch, 1080p, 3D, 5.1 surround sound glory! LOL!

Look forward to seeing you setup! This thread is not getting the "love" it deserves...

END OF LINE

Kaisergrendel
User

on Tuesday, June, 21, 2011 12:11 PM
DrP Wrote:Look forward to seeing you setup! This thread is not getting the "love" it deserves...

I was holding off on posting here until I saw this.

I'm DIY'ing a home theatre (including speakers) right now and the movie I'm most looking forward to watching on it is Tron. Unfortunately I can't show it because it's not completed yet

I'm also planning a Tron-themed item for it that I can't divulge right now for fear that the idea may be stolen xDwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

Falty
User

on Thursday, June, 23, 2011 2:19 AM
very interested in hearing about your plans.

HooDooMan
User

on Thursday, June, 23, 2011 10:46 PM
Well, the cables came in yesterday, the 3D Bluray player and surround sound system came in today and the speaker stands and the glasses arrive tomorrow. I also set up a delivery window for the TV for Monday afternoon (12-5 PM). So hopefully, Monday night, I'll be like a kid in a candy store! LOL! I can't wait to watch TRON and TRON: Legacy in High Def!! abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

HooDooMan
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 4:00 PM
Hey everyone, the TV finally got delivered! It came in on Tuesday, June 28th. The only problem was, since it was an open box, it didn't have a remote. So I ordered one and am waiting for it to be delivered. For the time being, I have been relegated to changing the channel and the settings using the buttons on the TV itself, which is somewhat complicated at times. But, other than that, I am absolutely loving this TV!

Here are some before and after pictures. (No hating on the floral sofa! My mama gave that to me and if you say anything bad about it, I'll beat your @$$!! LOL!) Here is the "before" picture with my old hand-me-down 19-inch tube TV:

And here is the "after" picture with my new Mitsubishi WD-60738 60-inch 3D DLP HDTV:

Pretty ridiculous, huh? LOL! My "TV stand" is an old stereo that my grandparents had and is something I'd like to restore eventually. Since it's brown wood, it doesn't match the black TV, plus it's a little too tall to serve as a TV stand. I'm eventually going to buy a proper TV stand for the TV but the stereo works okay for now. The whole setup is pretty ugly at this point, but it's functional. Over time, I'll get new matching furniture to make it look nice.

I got the 3D Blu-ray player and the 5.1 surround sound system set up, and it works great, especially here in my little apartment. (I'm probably bothering my neighbors late at night now! LOL!) I had to buy some speaker wire to extend the speaker cables. I did some really basic splices, so I'll have to redo them in a more permanent fashion using some crimp connectors. I also realized my Digital Audio and HDMI cables are too short, so I'll have to get some longer cables for that. Basically, it's pretty ugly right now with wires going everywhere, but again, it's functional. With some wire management, it will probably look a lot better.

So the first thing I watched was TRON: Legacy in 3D on Blu-ray. It took a few minutes to finally get it setup, since I didn't have a remote. But once I got it working...WOW! The 3D is INCREDIBLE!! It was on par with, possibly even better than, the 3D I saw at the theater. And since I'm about 6 to 6.5 feet from the screen, it's a very immersive experience!

People have mentioned about eye strain being so close to the screen. To be honest, I've been watching this TV for almost a week now and I have had NO eye strain whatsoever. I feel like I have my own personal movie theater in my apartment! In a nutshell, IT'S AWESOME!!

Once I get the remote in, I can go into the advanced menus where I can see how many hours the bulb has, and really start tweaking the settings. Once the bulb is past the break-in period, I want to calibrate it, so the picture will be even more stunning. All in all, I am VERY happy with my 40th birthday present to myself! Happy birthday to me! LOL!

DrP
User

on Sunday, July, 03, 2011 8:34 PM
HooDooMan Wrote:
Pretty ridiculous, huh? LOL! My "TV stand" is an old stereo that my grandparents had and is something I'd like to restore eventually. Since it's brown wood, it doesn't match the black TV, plus it's a little too tall to serve as a TV stand. I'm eventually going to buy a proper TV stand for the TV but the stereo works okay for now. The whole setup is pretty ugly at this point, but it's functional. Over time, I'll get new matching furniture to make it look nice.

I got the 3D Blu-ray player and the 5.1 surround sound system set up, and it works great, especially here in my little apartment. (I'm probably bothering my neighbors late at night now! LOL!) I had to buy some speaker wire to extend the speaker cables. I did some really basic splices, so I'll have to redo them in a more permanent fashion using some crimp connectors. I also realized my Digital Audio and HDMI cables are too short, so I'll have to get some longer cables for that. Basically, it's pretty ugly right now with wires going everywhere, but again, it's functional. With some wire management, it will probably look a lot better.

So the first thing I watched was TRON: Legacy in 3D on Blu-ray. It took a few minutes to finally get it setup, since I didn't have a remote. But once I got it working...WOW! The 3D is INCREDIBLE!! It was on par with, possibly even better than, the 3D I saw at the theater. And since I'm about 6 to 6.5 feet from the screen, it's a very immersive experience!

People have mentioned about eye strain being so close to the screen. To be honest, I've been watching this TV for almost a week now and I have had NO eye strain whatsoever. I feel like I have my own personal movie theater in my apartment! In a nutshell, IT'S AWESOME!!

Once I get the remote in, I can go into the advanced menus where I can see how many hours the bulb has, and really start tweaking the settings. Once the bulb is past the break-in period, I want to calibrate it, so the picture will be even more stunning. All in all, I am VERY happy with my 40th birthday present to myself! Happy birthday to me! LOL!

That's quite an upgrade from before. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun watching Tron this week!

Looks like you need to buy some cables. A really good place to look is monoprice.com, they have good quality material, great selection, and they're very inexpensive. By the way, be careful with splicing speaker cables together, if they come apart by accident you could damage your amplifier/receiver.

I don't know where people come up with "eye strain" and sitting close to the TV, if you look at THX recommendation they recommend a viewing angle of 30-36 degrees which is closer than 90% of people usually have set up for their entertainment rooms. Having a larger viewing angle is much more "immersive" experience and you can actually appreciate the 1080p resolution.

Definitely get a good calibration disk. I find that the most important test patterns are for brightness/contrast/color so even a DVD calibration disk works well to get you 95% of the way to ideal. Make sure it comes with the tinted film so you can the color down.

Once you have everything all set you can crank it up (screw the neighbors)! When I push the volume up on my 7.2 system the entire house shakes when the recognizers fly overhead,....... awesome.

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Tuesday, July, 05, 2011 3:21 PM
quite a contrast from the previous setup! I love it when someone gets to experience a tremendous upgrade. and pay no mind to any haters of the sofa abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

DrP
User

on Wednesday, July, 13, 2011 10:15 AM
I put in some Blue cold cathode back-lighting behind the screen. I am able to turn it on and off with a wireless remote control which is convenient. It's a nice way to have a little light while people are getting seated and going through the previews and also at the end when people are getting up but don't want to be hit with bright lights. Also, if somebody needs a bathroom break it gives enough light not to trip in the dark room while it doesn't disturb others still watching the movie. The photos were taken with my iphone so they really don't do justice to the effect as it fills the front of the room with a nice low level glow.

Currently I have two 12 inch cathodes installed but I bought 2 more so it should have even more light in the near future. Two would have been fine for a regular size screen but my 150" screen is quite large and I think it would look even better with a little more lighting.

To check out more pictures of my setup, go to:
http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=invenio-
-
-

-
-
-

END OF LINE

Falty
User

on Friday, July, 15, 2011 2:23 AM
lookin' good DrP. I've been thinking about installing some rope lines in the raised seating area. We want people to enjoy their theater experience and not sue us for hurting themselves.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 15, 2011 11:48 AM
Falty Wrote:lookin' good DrP. I've been thinking about installing some rope lines in the raised seating area. We want people to enjoy their theater experience and not sue us for hurting themselves.

Yes, the less the lawyers are involved, the better the viewing experience!

END OF LINE

DrP
User

on Friday, July, 15, 2011 12:02 PM
Falty Wrote:lookin' good DrP. I've been thinking about installing some rope lines in the raised seating area. We want people to enjoy their theater experience and not sue us for hurting themselves.

Rope lines are an interesting idea. I have a carpet down on hardwood floor so it wouldn't work well for me but I have seen it used in places and it definitely gives that "theater" look. Post some pics after it's installed!where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

trekking95
User

on Friday, July, 15, 2011 2:23 PM
DrP Wrote:I figured it would be fun to see what people are watching their Tron: Legacy Blu-ray's on. "Come on, big fella, let's see what you got."

Home Theater Room Equipment

Martin Logan tower speakers, Model Vantage, 40" Electrostatic Panel w/8" 200 watt powered Sub-woofer for each speaker matched with
Mapleshade Threaded Heaveyfeet (8), brass anti-vibration replacement spiked speaker feet and Shunyata Research Inc. Powersnakes (2), Venon PowerCable replacement powercords.

Signal Cable Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables

Polk Audio RT600's (4)
Polk Audio RT450's (2)
Polk Audio LSiC Center Speaker
Polk Audio PSW300 Subwoofer
Polk Audio PSW650 Subwoofer

Conrad Johnson Evollution 2000 Amplifier (Mods: Universal power cable connect added)
Conrad Johnson PF-2 Preamplifier

Onkyo TX-SR875 Receiver

Oppo Digital DV-980H SACD/DVD player

PS3

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8700UB Projector

Elite Screens - Home Cinema - 150" Diag. Projector Screen

AVS Voltage Regulator
APC H15BLK AV 1.5kVA H Type Power Conditioner

Media Server (Computer, approx 14,500 audio tracks):
ASUS Xonar D2/PM Sound Card
Winamp media player w/ iZotope Ozone - DSP
Love the setup man!

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

DrP
User

on Sunday, July, 24, 2011 7:55 AM
DrP Wrote:I put in some Blue cold cathode back-lighting behind the screen. I am able to turn it on and off with a wireless remote control which is convenient. It's a nice way to have a little light while people are getting seated and going through the previews and also at the end when people are getting up but don't want to be hit with bright lights. Also, if somebody needs a bathroom break it gives enough light not to trip in the dark room while it doesn't disturb others still watching the movie. The photos were taken with my iphone so they really don't do justice to the effect as it fills the front of the room with a nice low level glow.

Currently I have two 12 inch cathodes installed but I bought 2 more so it should have even more light in the near future. Two would have been fine for a regular size screen but my 150" screen is quite large and I think it would look even better with a little more lighting.

Update:
I got the two extra cathodes in the mail. I hooked them up but unfortunately the AC power to molex adapter can't handle th power requirements of 4 tubes at once. It can do 3 but when all 4 are hooked up it blinks on and off. The adapter is only rated at 500 mA so I bought another AC adapter and will have 2 tubes on each. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have them all hooked up and working. I will post some pics when done.

order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE

DrP
User

on Tuesday, July, 26, 2011 5:20 PM
DrP Wrote:
DrP Wrote:I put in some Blue cold cathode back-lighting behind the screen. I am able to turn it on and off with a wireless remote control which is convenient. It's a nice way to have a little light while people are getting seated and going through the previews and also at the end when people are getting up but don't want to be hit with bright lights. Also, if somebody needs a bathroom break it gives enough light not to trip in the dark room while it doesn't disturb others still watching the movie. The photos were taken with my iphone so they really don't do justice to the effect as it fills the front of the room with a nice low level glow.

Update:
I got the two extra cathodes in the mail. I hooked them up but unfortunately the AC power to molex adapter can't handle th power requirements of 4 tubes at once. It can do 3 but when all 4 are hooked up it blinks on and off. The adapter is only rated at 500 mA so I bought another AC adapter and will have 2 tubes on each. Hopefully by the end of this week I will have them all hooked up and working. I will post some pics when done.

Update #2:
So I got my 2nd set of blue cathode lights and installed them. I also repositioned the center ones to be lower to the edge (and thus brighter). I took some pics with my iphone so the pictures didn't come out very well. When the overhead lights are off the entire room is basked in a nice blue glow (a little tron-ish) and it looks really cool. If you want to see bigger pictures (including a picture behind the screen) and the whole set of the home theater room, just click on the link in the quoted text above. Hope you programs like it,... comments/ideas welcome.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

END OF LINE

trekking95
User

on Tuesday, July, 26, 2011 6:17 PM
Nice! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Kaisergrendel
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2011 11:56 AM
Just had my Tron viewing tonight after retrofitting my home theatre with a 95" (2.5m) screen and rear surrounds. Also built up some DIY broadband absorbers in a few hours that very noticeably smoothed out the low end and allowed me to turn up the subwoofer without overwhelming the room. All in all I was able to achieve greater clarity and about equal volume to what I heard in IMAX - just not for very long since everyone was worried about disturbing the neighbours. Makes me wish I had a mansion with a home theatre buried inside it. Thanks all for your advice, especially DrP.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/cpw3490.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/cpw3494.jpg/

ShadowSpark
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2011 4:58 PM
I'm stuck watching it on your basic tv. My PS3 doubles as the Blu-Ray player. *sigh* I wish a had a nice setup like you guys.

{A very big thanks to FlynnOne for the pic! And to Wulfeous for sharpening the details!*huggles both*}
{Because people always seem to guess wrong, I'm saying it here: I'm female!!! And my name is Spark!!!}

Tron Lives!

Please click here to help my family out.

CLU 3.0
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2011 7:25 PM
Very nice setup. Puts my 55" to shame.

Artwork by FlynnOne... A Big Thanks Buddy!

DrP
User

on Saturday, September, 10, 2011 8:47 PM
The great thing about Tron is that you can enjoy it on any setup. I remember watching it on an old crappy 19" TV in the 80's and still enjoying it. Sure, I wouldn't go back to that now, but nonetheless it was fun back then, and it's fun now!

As for setups, keep posting what you got,.... humble or extravagant. It's all about different experiences.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

END OF LINE

FirstPrevious Page: of 9 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Home Theaters, What are you watching Tron: Legacy on? Post your setup.