Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY 
 Okay, we CAN now figure out the general size and dimensions of the Grid!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
Moses613
User

on Thursday, October, 27, 2011 2:38 PM
This starts by looking at both the dot matrix map of the Grid on Flynn's lab wall as well as the more detailed colored one floating around this board and which was probably from an authorized fanzine. Here's how we do it...

I read somewhere from an authoritative source, probably a Disney approved fanzine, that from Tron City to the portal is 60 miles. So we have that length at least and can probably extrapolate with accuracy from that how wide the Grid is as well as , finally, how far out from Tron City Flynn's safehouse is! Okay I'm lazy so someone get to it and hopefully we can have a rough idea by this evening!

You are all quite welcome..

Jeff order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

trekking95
User

RE: Okay, we CAN now figure out the general size and dimensions of the Grid!

on Thursday, October, 27, 2011 2:47 PM
So the places they show in Evolution dont count?

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

Kaisergrendel
User

on Thursday, October, 27, 2011 11:49 PM
Moses613 Wrote:This starts by looking at both the dot matrix map of the Grid on Flynn's lab wall as well as the more detailed colored one floating around this board and which was probably from an authorized fanzine. Here's how we do it...

I read somewhere from an authoritative source, probably a Disney approved fanzine, that from Tron City to the portal is 60 miles. So we have that length at least and can probably extrapolate with accuracy from that how wide the Grid is as well as , finally, how far out from Tron City Flynn's safehouse is! Okay I'm lazy so someone get to it and hopefully we can have a rough idea by this evening!

You are all quite welcome..

Jeff

If someone kindly provides a map of the Grid, I would glady do a visualextrapolation for everyone to see.

HooDooMan
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 12:00 AM
Here ya go, Kaiser.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6950/gridworldmap.jpg

I don't have any links to the dot-matrix map, but I saw a few screenshots on another thread, I just don't remember which one...(It's hell gettin' old..LOL!)

EDIT: By my very quick and dirty calculations, the Safe House is roughly 7 miles from the center of TRON City.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

HooDooMan
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 12:08 AM
trekking95 Wrote:So the places they show in Evolution dont count?

I'm sure they do. Did they give distances or relative distances and locations of the colonies or other places in the TRON: Evolution game? That would probably help our little "Challenge of the Grid" extrapolation. LOL!

trekking95
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 12:41 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:So the places they show in Evolution dont count?

I'm sure they do. Did they give distances or relative distances and locations of the colonies or other places in the TRON: Evolution game? That would probably help our little "Challenge of the Grid" extrapolation. LOL!
I dont know, I dont have the game yet! where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Save Tron 3!

trekking95
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 12:43 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:Here ya go, Kaiser.

I don't have any links to the dot-matrix map, but I saw a few screenshots on another thread, I just don't remember which one...(It's hell gettin' old..LOL!)

EDIT: By my very quick and dirty calculations, the Safe House is roughly 7 miles from the center of TRON City.
So where would the Evolution places be on that map and the dot matrix one?

Save Tron 3!

Kaisergrendel
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 8:35 AM
HooDooMan Wrote:Here ya go, Kaiser.

EDIT: By my very quick and dirty calculations, the Safe House is roughly 7 miles from the center of TRON City.

Thanks, is this some kind of concept art? I see it's still labeled "TR2N". Also how did you find the safehouse on this? The fine print is illegible.

Moses613
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 4:27 PM
STOP STOP STOP! This thread is not about Tron Evolution anything, we're only concerned about TL and that's all and the locations that appear in it and their relative distance on the Grid World map to each other as seen in Flynn's lab or the color version of that same map to which there is a link in this thread. Keep the Evolution stuff to those guys over on the Evo board. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

trekking95
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 4:59 PM
Moses613 Wrote:STOP STOP STOP! This thread is not about Tron Evolution anything, we're only concerned about TL and that's all and the locations that appear in it and their relative distance on the Grid World map to each other as seen in Flynn's lab or the color version of that same map to which there is a link in this thread. Keep the Evolution stuff to those guys over on the Evo board.
But Evolution is part of the canon Tron world so how can it be ignored?

Save Tron 3!

TRON.dll
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 5:25 PM
Moses613 Wrote:STOP STOP STOP! This thread is not about Tron Evolution anything, we're only concerned about TL and that's all and the locations that appear in it and their relative distance on the Grid World map to each other as seen in Flynn's lab or the color version of that same map to which there is a link in this thread. Keep the Evolution stuff to those guys over on the Evo board.

Tron Evolution and Tron Legacy both take place in The Grid. Therefore information from Evolution should be considered relevant.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Argent
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 5:35 PM
trekking95 Wrote:
But Evolution is part of the canon Tron world so how can it be ignored?

It can be ignored easily. (Some people will argue that only what actually appears in the movie should be considered canon, regardless of what the film's producers, etc., say.) You're right, though - last I heard, Evolution was intended to be taken as canon, so it really shouldn't be ignored if we're attempting to determine just how large the Grid's supposed to be.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

trekking95
User

on Friday, October, 28, 2011 7:56 PM
TRON.dll Wrote:Tron Evolution and Tron Legacy both take place in The Grid. Therefore information from Evolution should be considered relevant.
Argent Wrote:It can be ignored easily. (Some people will argue that only what actually appears in the movie should be considered canon, regardless of what the film's producers, etc., say.) You're right, though - last I heard, Evolution was intended to be taken as canon, so it really shouldn't be ignored if we're attempting to determine just how large the Grid's supposed to be.
What they said.

Save Tron 3!

Vaporware
User

on Saturday, October, 29, 2011 8:04 PM
I am still troubled by the geographic detail and plot points on that map. It's dated July 23, 2008, but the images of the light jets, Clu's rectifier, and solar sailer are completely wrong.

HooDooMan
User

on Saturday, October, 29, 2011 10:14 PM
Vaporware Wrote:I am still troubled by the geographic detail and plot points on that map. It's dated July 23, 2008, but the images of the light jets, Clu's rectifier, and solar sailer are completely wrong.

I understand where you're coming from, Vaporware. But remember, it's probably just a very early conceptual map to help flesh out the story. They probably didn't have imagery yet for CLU's Rectifier vessel and the updated Solar Sailer, so they just used placeholder images from the original TRON.

Also notice that the date you see, July 23, 2008, is either the day before or the day of the surprise screening of the test footage at Comic-Con 2008 (I can't remember it, exactly). This map may have even been designed as a promotional piece that they were originally going to use at Comic-Con that year. But they may have scrapped that idea since some of the elements we see on that map didn't really make it into the movie. For example, the "Subterranean Bunker" (separate from the Safe House) shown on the map wasn't a specific location we see in the movie, but that element may have evolved into the Batcave-like entrance Quorra drove the Light Runner through. I don't know that for certain, but it seems logical to me. Heck, they may have removed that element all together, I don't know.

But it seems to me, Kosinski and company had already nailed down a lot of the storyline and specific elements of the story, such as the layout of the Grid, and location of various places where scenes would take place. So my take on it is that the map was just an aid to those working on the film to help better understand Joe's vision of the story he wanted to tell.

Kaisergrendel
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2011 4:03 AM
Argent Wrote:It can be ignored easily. (Some people will argue that only what actually appears in the movie should be considered canon, regardless of what the film's producers, etc., say.)

That's pretty lame IMO. If you choose to disregard aspects of someone else's idea, it stops being canon and turns into fan fiction. I do have problems with Evolution though - for example, apparently the full extent of Zuse's disguise was to change his name and...that's it. Same job, same appearance, same effusive persona. Also, his role in the fight "alongside the Isos" in Evolution was providing some information and... again not much more. Perhaps more happened off screen, but either way it was a very very bad portrayal of what Zuse could have been.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Kaisergrendel
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2011 4:10 AM

trekking95
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2011 7:24 PM
Vaporware Wrote:I am still troubled by the geographic detail and plot points on that map. It's dated July 23, 2008, but the images of the light jets, Clu's rectifier, and solar sailer are completely wrong.
Me too! The picture above with the sizes added tells me nothing. Evolution is still canon, like it or not.abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Save Tron 3!

Kaisergrendel
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2011 11:07 PM
trekking95 Wrote:Me too! The picture above with the sizes added tells me nothing. Evolution is still canon, like it or not.

LOL, sorry and you're welcome? xD

trekking95
User

on Sunday, October, 30, 2011 11:08 PM
Kaisergrendel Wrote:
trekking95 Wrote:Me too! The picture above with the sizes added tells me nothing. Evolution is still canon, like it or not.

LOL, sorry and you're welcome? xD
Well its a good job you did, but the map needs to be newer and more canon.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

Save Tron 3!

Page: of 3 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 TRON: LEGACY