User

RE: What's with your name??

on Tuesday, February, 08, 2011 1:39 PM
Mine is a .bat file because I am a terminal junkie. :P

Vinz
User

on Tuesday, February, 22, 2011 6:53 PM
Mine is the name of a Program I am creating, a costume i've been working on. When trying to be creative and give it a name, I realized I am no good at thinking of names that sound TRON-ish, without being "Tron", "Flynn", "Ram"... ect. and obviously those wouldn't work, so I tried disecting what the names mean and where they come from. So I did a little digging on Zuse's origins, and started looking into Computer Engineers' names.

After finding nothing, I found a list of the names on Legacy's Arena Scoreboard, and found Kurtz and Vint. I was leaning toward "KURTZ" as it's name, but I ultimatly decided to combine them. Not as clever or original as some other's i'd seen, but I wanted to be as far from existing names as possible.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

EXODUS
User

on Saturday, February, 26, 2011 7:10 AM
^^^^How about these for TRON-sounding names?

BRONX.
ARIES.
TAURUS.
CALCUTTA.
DEMETER.
SPRIGAN.
Y'MIR.
OUTBOUND.

IsoLine
User

on Saturday, February, 26, 2011 4:33 PM
EXODUS Wrote:^^^^How about these for TRON-sounding names?

BRONX.
ARIES.
TAURUS.
CALCUTTA.
DEMETER.
SPRIGAN.
Y'MIR.
OUTBOUND.

Demeter is too greek...Same with Aries and Taurus. Calcutta......Really? When I think of cool TRON names, I think of names that sound technical.

"Word to the Motherboard!" - IsoLine

VECTOR INVADER
User

on Saturday, February, 26, 2011 5:26 PM
my name comes from the arcade world
vector...... vector graphics from old acade video games, my favorite.
invader..... space invaders the arcade game.

so, yh I like and collect vintage arcade games.acman:

THE VIDEO CRAZE

EXODUS
User

on Sunday, February, 27, 2011 8:53 AM
IsoLine Wrote:
EXODUS Wrote:^^^^How about these for TRON-sounding names?

BRONX.
ARIES.
TAURUS.
CALCUTTA.
DEMETER.
SPRIGAN.
Y'MIR.
OUTBOUND.

Demeter is too greek...Same with Aries and Taurus. Calcutta......Really? When I think of cool TRON names, I think of names that sound technical.

Actually, that was a list of names I considered using when I was thinking about joining up.
Eventually, I decided upon EXODUS, which (in strange role-playing kind of way) I would have my program be called if I was a character in that universe .

I noticed that quite a few Tron names seem to be a bit 'short' (Tron, Ram, Clu, Sark, etc), so that's one of the reasons why I chose names like BRONX and ARIES.
Also, when it comes to topics like this (either here or elsewhere on other forums), I noticed that there were many differant reasons why people would choose that particular name for themselves.
And in keeping in theme of the Users creating the Programs in the Tron universe (most likely Encom employees using the companies's computor network), I like to image the same principle applies-Alan created Tron, whereas CLU is in fact an acronym.
Therefore, in theory, the Users can name their programs for a variety of reasons, whether it's the place they grew up in (like the BRONX), their Zodiac sign (ARIES, TAURUS), or something more exotic (like CALCUTTA).
It was this 'variations of inspiration' that I was trying to (somewhat clumsily) put across.

There's also another name I forgot to add to the list=AJAX.

emdeesee
User

on Tuesday, March, 01, 2011 11:40 AM
LWSrocks Wrote:English, please? Just kidding. But I don't know what a .bat file is or what "terminal junkie" means.

A .bat file is an excutable file full of DOS commands, a script in other words.

A terminal junkie is either a herion addict on the way out, or an old school user who would rather type strings of commands at a prompt (like Dillinger, jr. did to get rid of the Marv video loop during the OS12 dog-and-pony show) than point, click, and drag.

Light Runner Fan
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 7:38 AM
Mine says it all..i love the grid vehicles specially the four wheeled one.. lolwhere to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

MultiVMan
User

on Tuesday, March, 29, 2011 11:11 AM
Light Runner Fan Wrote:Mine says it all..i love the grid vehicles specially the four wheeled one.. lol

I get excited about the design of the interior of the four wheeled ones. I just ordered some EL wire that I hope to use on my car.

MulitVMan - Glaceau Vitamin Water (Multi-V) was an item my car when my son asked to change our xbox360 account user name. If you are on, feel free to send a friend request. Beware I’m a chatty player.

Prior to that, usernames were a variation of my last name ‘Dye’. It was a good name when I played on MuDs MUSHs etc. Been a bit busy since the mid-90s mud days and it has only been in the past 2 years that I’ve ventured out to forums & mailing lists, such as this one. I made an attempt at Facebook – meh keep it.

I enjoy most things sci-fi & fantasy. My first attraction was the ‘Icewind Dale Trilogy’ then overtime growing into ‘SnowCrash’ and other similar titles (Thanks Wes, since you’ve admitted to creeping my posts on this forum). I’m fascinated by character arcs and often live vicariously through the postings of others. I’m keen to see how Alan pans out in the next movie and hope to hit ElecTRONica in the springtime weeks ahead.
where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

I'm busy compiling...

pullfocus.exe
User

on Wednesday, March, 30, 2011 2:26 AM
Pull focus, its what i do. I'm a focus puller for feature films, commercials, music videos, anything really. Los Angeles IATSE 600
More commonly known as 1st AC, I build camera systems and keep them running properly.
Sounds boring as hell, but every once in a while i get to shoot something cool

Open doors, like open minds

Kona
User

on Monday, April, 04, 2011 6:01 PM
I don't know how tronish Kona is. When I rented tron: battle grids i couldn't figure out a name so i looked through a list of captive orca names and found this one lol

(RIP Kona and Kona II :'( )abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Aerial_Zero
User

on Monday, April, 11, 2011 4:05 PM
This is the name of my "evil" Quorra (if she remained in captivity and was successfully re-purposed). I'm still trying to get her story completely fleshed (and hopefully RP'd) out LoL

The create a program function on the Disney website was my inspiration

Hopefully my hubby will finally sketch and paint my avatar/icon soon abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

End of Line.

Mordecai9
User

on Wednesday, April, 27, 2011 10:42 PM
Well, Mordecai is the name of the blue jay from "Regular Show", and I also think that Mordecai is a good name for a character from Tron.

As for the 9, it's my favorite number and the title of one of my favorite films, "9".
(The Shane Acker one with the Stitchpunks)

LWSrocks2
User

on Sunday, May, 08, 2011 7:27 PM
LWS = My initials. Rocks = Hopefully an accurate description of me. 2 = This is the second "LWSrocks" account.abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

basserandstuff
User

on Tuesday, June, 14, 2011 10:26 PM
'Basser', because I play bass guitar, and 'andstuff' from the show Roseanne ("Life and Stuff", "Sandwiches and Stuff", ect). :3

LIT
User

on Thursday, June, 16, 2011 5:35 PM
I came with the name LIT a few months ago, I was in school, I was the smartest one. I came up with the nickname daniel1ksc, when I got my interest into TRON i came with a nickname that sounded Tron-ish. I came up with Learning Intelligence Tool (LIT) because I was smart and was ahead of my class in learning.

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

STELLAR(EMA).exe
User

on Monday, July, 25, 2011 1:10 PM
My name is pretty simple compared to my other usernames.

"Stellar" is my nickname/"persona" name. "(EMA)" is my initials. ".exe" just looks cool. (YES. i know it just means "execute file".)

trekking95
User

on Monday, July, 25, 2011 2:15 PM
My name is what I used over at StarTrek.com

Thanks to FlynnOne for the signature!

Save Tron 3!

PixelatedProgram
User

on Wednesday, July, 27, 2011 6:26 PM
PixelatedProgram..... Hmmm I think my name came from my love of pixel art... And the program part... You can kinda guess ^_^"" The pixelated part also comes from my T:L OC, Pixelz.

http://kingnates.tumblr.com

anonymouspunk89
User

on Monday, August, 01, 2011 9:38 PM
My name came from a Facebook quiz (don't ask which one though, can't remember) I just added the numbers at the end.

FirstPrevious Page: of 21 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 What's with your name??