Status Bar 
 What's with your name??

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 21 PagesNextLast
IMAGinES
User

Re: What's with your name??

on Monday, July, 07, 2003 10:17 PM
KiaPurity Wrote:...a red program named Muffin...

*giggles hysterically and rolls on the floor, crying while laughing*

There's no escape from The Muffin.

http://www.reallifecomics.com/daily.php?strip_id=579

Fortune Favour You,

IMAGinES

Wave
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 12:29 AM
Well, Wave came from being a music fanatic. I had many nicknames in high school but none of them really stuck as program names. As Sketch knows, I have had quite a few.

Wave
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 12:33 AM
MUFFIN!!!!!!!

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 1:01 AM
Well... My name came from a classic Arcade game called QIX... Some say that is is pronounced "Kicks" but I've always pronounced it as "Quix" because of the quick move you have to make to avoid the scribble.

The 77 is my birth year (1977) making me 26 for this year.

I only chose this because it's one of my fav. classic games and that no one else uses it.

Other nicks that I have used in the past:

Wolfboy - Celt77 - CelitcWolf - IrishWolf - |-|ound of Ireland - (and in my C64 days) - Irishman77 - The Celt - Shout Stout.

FYI: I've been on the comp since 1984 (damn, I was young)order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pillabortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 2:46 AM
I loved Qix....it was the bomb!!

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Jack Thompson is to attorneys what Fred Phelps is to organized religion - Me

Qix77
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 3:17 AM
I do too... I still play it on MAME and the emulated C64 version from time to time. Classic gamming rocks.

Nikster
User

on Wednesday, July, 09, 2003 4:31 PM
I mostly played the C64 version too.

That is game they REALLY oughta consider updating (or at least re-releasing).

First-person perspective Qix....THAT would rock! It would be weird as all heck....but it would rock!

"The flippity on the google loads the Flynn to the disc battles the guy bad. Day wins. Said nuff!" - DaveTRON

Smeghead
User

on Friday, July, 11, 2003 1:45 PM
You'd know what my name means if your a true sci-fi fan :-)

http://www.reddwarf.com

- End of line -

PyoChan
User

on Monday, July, 14, 2003 6:22 PM
Hee hee... I recognize the Smeghead reference... sort of a term of "endearment" Rimmer and Lister have used on each other, if I'm not mistaken...

"As long as we stay off the top floor, Dillinger will never know we've been in here."

flynn1978
User

on Tuesday, July, 15, 2003 11:12 AM
Qix77 Wrote:I do too... I still play it on MAME and the emulated C64 version from time to time. Classic gamming rocks.

Hey everyone Qix77, the name is great and the avatar is awesome. I remember seeing the game at one of 2 malls in a city near my hometown when I was young, but I would walk to the center of the mall and play yie ar kung fu over and over. I like to play usagi yojimbo and Aztec Challenge on a c64 emulator I picked up last year.

it's nice to have an emulator (taking out the systems and putting them away every time gets dangerous for the systems. we've even got like 5 ataris!) our family owns 2 commodores-a 64 and a 128!!!

Oh yea. I should tell why my name is flynn1978. Okay. Sherman-set the wayback machine for over 18 years ago. I grew up playing video games and watching tron. Period. Singing and art fortunately was a part of my life, but I (along with my brother) wanted to be Tron and Flynn. Heck, we even went as programs for Halloween one year as kids. Really liked the name Flynn and thought if I ever wanted to change my name, Flynn would be it.
Pick up to a couple years ago when I had ready access to things like Yahoo chess and some pool. I had a name which I can't remember what it was, and I found out about Tron-sector. I thought the site was awesome and I wanted to become a member. I think I did with an old name but never really found the time to get into it. I then made a new name with Flynn and my birthyear, and I've been using it ever since. I think it suits me pretty good. I love the singing Jeff Bridges did in The Last Unicorn and I'm a pretty good gamer (action, first person, 2d fighting, etc.)

That's about it.

"Happy is the man of reason who can face the world in season."

Inode
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2003 2:11 PM
An inode is a numerical value used in UNIX to represent files and directories, similar to a FAT (file allocation table) entry in Windows. I first came up with it off the top of my head as a player name for the Tron PKMUD I used to play.

--
Inode 2.0
Future Control Industries
Toronto, Canada

PackerSamurai
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2003 3:41 PM
and me? Packer because I'm from Wisconsin. Let's face it, if you're from Wisconsin, you're probebly a Packer fan. Samurai because I've been fan of Japanese history ever since Shogun was on TV in the 80's. Almost no one would ever have these two words together in a sentence, ergo: perfect handle name.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE...

Compucore
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2003 8:25 PM
Inode Wrote:An inode is a numerical value used in UNIX to represent files and directories, similar to a FAT (file allocation table) entry in Windows. I first came up with it off the top of my head as a player name for the Tron PKMUD I used to play.

Just a little add on for you Inode. It also includes and things that associate the hardware equivilant in UNix and Linux cause without the hardware woul be kinda hard for accessing like the drives, cdrom when mounting them.

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

2 Legit 2 quit

End of line

Compucore

VROOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!

To compute or not to compute that is the question at hand. Tis nobler to compile in C++ or in TASM.

Syntax
User

on Sunday, August, 17, 2003 3:19 AM
"Syntax" is actually the callsign for my Star Wars fanfic character, 9-LOM (basically a protocol droid-turned-merc-turned-Rebel pilot ). When it came down to it, I had to pick a username for this forum, and these are the ones I use:
- Xenomrph
- T-800 205
- Syntax
Generally speaking, "Xenomrph" is the one I use most often; it's my "default" username. "T-800 205" is saved for Terminator-related boards. "Syntax" is for Star Wars boards. Of the 3 names, "Syntax" made the most sense for a "Tron"-related messageboard, in my opinion.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

----------------------------
Syntax

Trace
User

on Friday, September, 19, 2003 12:23 PM
flynn1978 Wrote:I love the singing Jeff Bridges did in The Last Unicorn...

Eh? Wha? How did I miss that? Jeff Bridges was in The Last Unicorn? And he sang??? I saw that when I was younger--may have to check it out again!

DJ Aussie E.
User

on Sunday, November, 09, 2003 11:40 AM
I used the login Aussie Evil on the DigitalMZXBoards... I was interseted in Dingodile at the time.

Nikster
User

on Sunday, November, 09, 2003 3:15 PM
PackerSamurai Wrote:and me? Packer because I'm from Wisconsin. Let's face it, if you're from Wisconsin, you're probebly a Packer fan. Samurai because I've been fan of Japanese history ever since Shogun was on TV in the 80's. Almost no one would ever have these two words together in a sentence, ergo: perfect handle name.

Cheddahedz unite!!!

Darksaber7
User

on Sunday, November, 09, 2003 7:48 PM
Mine is simply the title of a star wars novel which I own, but have never read.
I use it followed by a 7 or 2138 (I have no clue why...).

Just think it makes a good nic.

Don't you wish your corruption was hot like me?

RCON
User

on Tuesday, November, 11, 2003 12:19 AM
You're quote ROCKS Null Unit!!!!

---
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

Pixel
User

on Sunday, February, 22, 2004 7:14 PM
... Jeff Bridges was in the Last Unicorn?

Dude. *grabs DVD*

Aww. Bloody hell.

Smeghead, I know the guy who wrote for the Smegazine ( I think that's what it was called) back in the day. I know the ref. at least. order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

-
http://www.dream-somehow.com

FirstPrevious Page: of 21 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 What's with your name??