Forums (I/O Tower)
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
The Tweaker
User

Re: Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...

on Wednesday, April, 28, 2004 8:49 AM
Thanks, Harpo. [returns to locked door and opens it]
The Tweaker peered carefully around the corner into the outpost's main Control Panel. Three utility programs sat at consoles, supervising the cycle-to-cycle functions of this outpost. All three were obviously bored-- one actually had his feet up on his console, and the second toyed with a simple Logic puzzle, while the third typed absentmindedly on a keypad, apparently upgrading some feature or other of this near-forgotten outpost. In accordance with traditional Security protocol, however, the command center had 2 Sec Rezzers on opposite sides of the room, with an ICP by each and a third standing guard by the door. Tweaker quickly ducked back before he could be seen and considered his plan of attack. Obviously a traditional attack would not work; he couldn't derezz both ICP's at once-- one was bound to hit the alarm, and with his disc out in the center of the room the Red program standing guard would derezz him immediately. A Ball primitive wouldn't work-- he couldn't risk damaging all the controls for this outpost. What he really needed was a partner, but Harpo was probably halfway across the base by now... A thought struck him, and he set out to find an ICP.
///
Tweaker::Stealth_mode := True;
load(suspend.sub);
install suspend;
done.
///

[chat] Hey Harpo, I looked in your Profile... you like the Myst series?

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, April, 28, 2004 11:39 AM
*Harpo just finishes hacking the door's lock routine as Tweaker send him the message*
[chat] actually yes I do... it's a favorite of mine.
*as Harpo opens the door he enters a large room with a lone archive bin containing a single file... surrounded by four ICPs. however, it's obvious that the system has been abandoned for a bit too long, as the ICPs are equipped with low evergy levels*

[activate_sub(whatsub?) = C:\games\spintercell\data1.cab\stickyshocker.exe ...loaded]
*Harpo throws the shicker onto on eof the icps, and it immidietly derezzes, then as the other two run for the two sec rezzers, Harpo whips out two meshes and uses them in tandem to to derezz the two ICPs, then rolls to avoid the final ICP's disc and fires the meshes to derezz him. now to collect my prize...*order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

------------
Harpo989: The original fConer. (Now with (0rr[up73d fruit flavoring!)

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, April, 28, 2004 4:13 PM
[chat] Yeah, me too. Played all of 'em, 'xcept the latest Expansion Pack for Uru [thwaps dial-up] and loved 'em. Can't wait until Myst IV: Revelation gets released this December...

Hey, have you been to MystCommunity.com? Great forum...great people. I go there a lot. Not the same action as here, but still fun.

Hang on a sec... [mutes chat]
The Tweaker had finally found what he was looking for-- a lonely ICP, all alone, guarding a small file repository not far from the main directory access. As the ICP turned his head to look down another hallway, Tweaker stepped out from a joint in the corridor and cleared his throat. "Excuse me." The ICP turned back, took one look and threw his disc. Tweaker calmly brought his own disc up in front of his chest, ricocheting the red disk off into a corner. As the ICP called back his disc, Tweaker walked over and pulled out a Plane Primitive, which he held flat and pushed through the ICP's neck. The Red instantly froze as the Suspend subroutine blocked the flow of information to and from his AI engine. The ICP disc clattered and skidded to the floor. Tweaker opened the door of the data repository and pushed the frozen ICP inside, then returned to the hallway, closed the door, and picked up the now-ownerless ICP disc. Studying it closely, he forced a Cluster.Beta subroutine into it, and headed back toward the Control Panel.
[unmutes chat] Were you saying something, Harpo?abortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

harpo989
User

on Thursday, April, 29, 2004 4:24 PM
arrrgh!this is the third time I've tried to post this!!! hope it works this time...

[chat]was I? it doesn't matter now anyway...
*Harpo walks up to the archive bin and starts to download the file*
[getparmeters = 'Bin'][file_size = 336.45 MB][download_rate = 1 MBPS][function "getparemeters" done]aw, dang...
*then, as Harpo's downloading the file, two ICPs that have been patrolling walk in on Harpo. one flings his disc at Harpo, but he crouches to avoid the disc, then fire his mesh and derezzes him. but just then Harpo realizes that the other ICP ran off. strange... I wonder why- then it struck him, there was an I/O node just outside...*
[chat]uh, Tweaker, we're about to have some company...order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Friday, April, 30, 2004 12:48 PM
::: sees some concerned ICP's huddled around a nearby IOnode and runs over to investigate. :::

IO Node: We're being slaughtered like Space Invader sprites! Sector security comprimised. Requesting immediate backup!

Command Unit: We're on our way.

::: walks up to the closest command unit :::

TF: Can you Pro's use a hand?

Command Unit: We appreciate your enthusiasm, Script. But I'm sure we can handle this.

TF: Slaughtered like space invader sprites? Sounds like you've got a mass-destroyer over there, and I get the feeling I know who's behind it. If I'm right, I've encountered this one before.

Command Unit: Sorry. But we don't have nanocycles or the multitasking capacity to keep an eye on independant programs. We need to take care of this immediately.

::: one if the ICP's operates the controls for a transport, and locks in the target sector. on a circular pad, a bright beam of light shoots into the air. the ICP's begin walking into the light single file. TF follows behind. Upon emerging on the other side, the Commander turns and sees TF :::

Command Unit: Are your input functions corrupted or something? Didn't you hear what I just said?

::: TF takes out his rod and rezzes it into a LOL rifle gold :::

TF: It's alright. I can take responsibility for myself. I don't require a Bitsitter.

::: TF confidently scrambles down a corridor. the Commander puts a hand to his head and sighs. He points a couple of the ICP's.:::

Command Unit: You two, go with him.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Saturday, May, 01, 2004 6:18 AM
ICP disc in hand, The Tweaker returned to the Control Panel. Leaning up against the wall, he tapped the access control, opening the door, then grabbed onto the edge of the doorframe and vaulted into the room. Instantly disabling the guard next to the door with another Suspend subroutine, he flung his Cluster disc at the ICP on the right side of the room and hurled the borrowed Red disc at the one on the left. Both ICP's instantly derezzed, leaving the Control Panel empty save for the three utility programs at their stations.
[recalls Blue disc][points disc at utility programs][they slowly rise from their seats]
[sees a blinking light on one of the control panels][lights in the room turn red][somewhere, a RED ALERT siren begins to wail] Oh SQUEE! [chat]This mission is a scrub, Harpo! Now the the rest of the Net knows we're here, this station is useless to me. I am bugging out, repeat, I am bugging out! This might be a good time for that escape protocol you mentioned!

[taps the controls for a second or two, then abandons the Control Panel and dashes down the hallway]

Tron Fanatic
User

on Saturday, May, 01, 2004 12:46 PM
ICP20396: Oh great. There's two of them!

TF: How can you be sure?

ICP20396: The distress call came from the main archive bin for this outpost. But that siren was tripped from the outpost control center.

TF: Wonderful. Perhaps I my instincts were wrong about this one. Do you have a map of this place?

ICP20401: Here.

:::the ICP produces a compressed file in the shape of a narrow yellow rod. He pulls at one end and it expands into a large translucent window with a glowing overhead image of the outpost. TF notices a small glowing yellow dot :::

TF: Is that us?

ICP20401: Yes it is.

TF: Ok, now where is the control center, and this archive bin?

::: The ICP makes a quick finger motion on two parts of the map and they highlight green. Looking at the map, TF wondered what could be so important about this outpost:::

TF: This sector seems so obsolete. I wonder what they're after? Ok, we're close to the control center, so we'd best get back there and try to secure it. My guess is they already have what they came for.

:::TF and the two ICP's dash in the direction of the control center. They arrive in almost no time and find it unusually quiet. The utility programs are even still functioning.

TF: What happened?

ControlPanel106.exe: A single program accessed the control center. I triggered the alarm and he left.

TF: Anything else?

ControlPanel106.exe: He accessed a panel on his way out but I'm not sure what he did.

TF: Alright. Well their cover is definately blown at this point so they're going to attempt an escape. Any way we can seal this place?

ICP20401: Not with the crude routines here. It's nowhere near functional enough.

TF: Hmm... what about a quarantine?

ICP20401: What?

TF: The system antivirus can quarantine the sector. All routes in or out will be cut off to prevent a virus from spreading.

ICP20401: But there's no virus present.

TF: Haven't you ever... falsified a report?

ICP20396: Whoa, hold on there, script. Do you know what kind of trouble we can get into for falsely triggering a virus alarm?

TF: Can you think of a better idea? Those programs are probably on their way out here and we don't even know what they're up to.

ICP20396: *sigh* We're going to need one very high-rated legal advisor program. This is ICP20396 to Sarj4, do you copy?

Sarj4: Affirmative. What do you have to report?

ICP20396: We're in the control center. The utilities here said the rogue program has been here and fled when they triggered the alarm. We calculate they're looking for an exit.

Sarj4: Anything else?

ICP20396: Yes, sir. We tried to lockdown the sector but the software is too archaic and has no such routines. So we... think that the only way to keep them from leaving is to get the Antivirus to quarantine the sector.

Sarj4: So there's a virus here as well?

ICP20396: Well... no. We have to fake it.

Sarj4: WHAT?!

ICP20396: I know its crazy, but it may be the only way, Sir. Besides, it's TronFanatic's idea.

Sarj4: That overconfident script who followed us in here... well, that may be crazy, but I hate to admit that I think he's right. I don't want to risk those programs getting out of here. Excecute your plan. We're fanning out across the outpost. Sooner or later, we'll find them.

ICP20396: Yes, sir.

:::the ICP walks over to the control center's I/O node and calls upon the Antivirus. A strange and frightening sound is heard as the Antivirus responds :::

AntiVirus: Yessssssssss....

ICP20396: *shaking* Mr AntiVirus sir.. We... umm... have a problem here and we uhh need your help. We need you to.. *gulp* quarantine the sector.

AntiVirus: Do you have a virus to report or not? I don't have time for your pathetic incoherent output.

ICP20396: Please, umm.... we need you to quarantine the sector before... err... well...

TF: HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!! I AM THE ALMIGHTY CORROSION! YOU WILL ALL FEEL YOUR CODE BECOME FRAGMENTED BEYOND RECOG

'>

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, May, 04, 2004 2:45 PM
[download= "complete"][sys_message(toallprogroams = y): "virus alert. this sector will undergo quarentine in 10 millicycles. please do not archive or backup at this time. thank you."]
[chat]uh, Tweaker, head for the old sailer simulation center. I've got that transport rezzed in and ready to go. move it!
*Harpo runs down the hall and heads for the simulation center. suddenly two ICPs jump into their hallway and run toward Harpo. This is it...*
[load_subroutine(whatroutine? = mostrecentlydownloaded) = done]*Harpo thrusts out his hands and the hallway roof collapses onto the ICPs, crushing them. then Harpo leaps up onto the newly made ramp and runs across the roof toward to simulation center...*

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Tuesday, May, 04, 2004 6:35 PM
::: one of the control consoles starts beeping an error message :::

ICP20396: Program, what is that?

ControlPanel106.exe: We've encountered a major error here. Damage to structural integrity has disrupted power to multiple functions. ::: points to a flashing spot on the map being displayed by the screen :::

ICP20396: Comeon, we're checking it out.

:::The two ICP's and TF run towards the source of the error. They turn the corner and see a flat slab of material resting on a sparking pile of rubble. The slab slopes upward towards a hole. Through the hole can be seen criss-crossing lines of data streaking across... the sky. :::

ICP20396: Oh, great.

ICP20401: This is ICP20401 to Sarj4. They're outside. They seem to have blasted their way out. I'm sending you the location of the opening now.

/// sendLoc=lastKnownError : target=Sarj4
data sent ///

Sarj4: We're on our way over there.

TF scrambles up the ramp first and emerges on the roof of the complex. His two 'bodyguards' follow behind.

ICP20401: Alright, so where do you suppose they've gone?

:::ICP20396 activates his triangulate subroutine and scans the horizon. ::: I don't see anything moving. :::spots the simulation center and points towards it::: But I have a good idea of where they went...

ICP20401: Sarj4, we've found there's a simulation center accessible from the roof. Moving to investigate.abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

'>

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, May, 04, 2004 6:45 PM
*Harpo reaches the control center through a hole in the roof, then reaches the panel*
Hmm. in order to power up systems, we need authorization from the command center... no problem.[request = activate_control_panel(whatpanel? = "simulation center") getting access...] I don't have time for that.*Harpo thrusts out his hands again*
[overridden.(authority? = mastercontrol) ...panel online][chat]the super solar sailer simulation is online. get down here!

------------

harpo989
User

on Tuesday, May, 04, 2004 7:09 PM
[comment]Tweaker, next time you're on, please post in Extreme disc competition... I need help...[/comment]

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2004 11:11 AM
///comment - In the last couple days I've sort of been wondering if we've lost him.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

'>

The Tweaker
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2004 4:41 PM
///
neural_interface(){} //ONLINE
redirect(chat.2::access) neural_interface
///

A booming voice straight from the mouth of Hell fills the Control Panel.Greeetings prooograams.
All the 's, already nervous from the encounter with Antivirus, shriek and hit the deck. The voice then reverts to Tweaker's friendly baritone.Hey guys, it's just me. I just get a kick out of doing that. You guys are going to be in sooooo much trouble when the Antivirus gets there and finds out you're the "virus" instead of me. Start working on an excuse for why you falsified a report and dragged him out here!

[chat.1]On my way, Harpo.
//Accessing Neural Interface...
//Dowloading Sector Map...
//Editing Sector Map...
//Uploading Sector Map...
//Done.

The outpost instantly locks as intersecting walls appear everywhere. Tron Fanatic calls up his map to find that the previous hallway layout has been replaced with a simple crosshatch pattern of perpendicular walls-- effectively transforming the station into a grid of 1-square-meter rooms, with the occasional door and control panel for variety-- except for a single straight hallway reaching from near the Command Center to the Solar Sailer hangar.
[chat.2] Like that, Fanatic? My Neural Interface I installed into the Control Panel gives me Administrator-level command priority over the station. Useful for opening door...and closing doors... and stuff like that.

[strolls toward the Solar Sailer hangar]where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

harpo989
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2004 5:25 PM
yay! tweak's back! erm, uh, anyway...

*Harpo walks down to the loading dock to get onto the sailer, and is carried up into the old ship. as Harpo reaches the controls, a system wide message is sent*
[sys_message(toallprogroams = y): "system lockdown 80% complete. now closing all exit routes."]*Harpo thrusts his arms out just as the solar sailer doors begin to close, and they pause, holding still half-closed*
[chat]now, Tweaker, before my little prize-[sys_message(toallprogroams = y): "Warning. virus detected. antivirus program has been neutralized. system shutdown in 5 millicycles."][chat] -goes off.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

------------

Tron Fanatic
User

on Wednesday, May, 05, 2004 5:26 PM
.... Tweaker. And he tried to convince me he was harmless. I thought he was involved in this...

TF: Looks like we got out of there just in time. And look at this. Strangely, there's one path still open in the outpost, and it's leading to that simulation center.

ICP20401: Well it looks like we can forget about any backup. Comeon. We still have a chance to stop them before they launch!

ICP20396: What about the rest of the garrison?

ICP20401: We can't help them now anyway. And Sarj's circuits are going to be sizzling next time he sees us.

AntiVirus: ::: walks effortlessly through the complex and comes across the Sarj ::: Alright. Where is the virus?

Sarj4: Umm... *gulp*

I'd much rather come back with something to show for our actions.

TF: Besides, do you really want to stay and face the Antivirus?

ICP20396: Ah. Your logic is well-recieved. Let's go.

antivirus program has been neutralized. system shutdown in 5 millicycles

TF, ICP20396, & ICP20401: What?!

TF: How is that possible?

ICP20396: I don't know, but we'd better come up with something real quick or we're all going to be hibernating. We can't let them escape!

::: they all run as fast as they can towards the hangar :::

ICP20401: Can a simulation even get to an exit in time?

TF: No clue.order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

'>

harpo989
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2004 1:05 AM
*Harpo feels the strain as the doors struggle to complete their codeing, then suddenly bits of code begin flying out of the walls at Harpo*
woah, this is getting really bad...
[sys_message(toallprogroams = y): "Sarj4 program has been neutralized. system shutdown in has commenced."]*Harpo looks back at the control panel and sees what looks like a tidal wave of code enveloping the outpost. That must be the illegal code operation. I'm peeling out! Harpo takes the Solar sailer forward*

[comment] better hurry up if you want to get on that sailer... tweaker just never showed up![/comment]where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2004 2:18 AM
As warning sirens went off and urgent system messages radiated through the comm channels, Tweaker burst through the hangar doors and vaulted into the back of the Sailer.
Let's go!

Tron Fanatic
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2004 11:10 AM
::: TF and the two ICP's enter the hanger just soon enough to see the Sailer speed out through the main doors :::

TF: Too late!

Sarj4 program has been neutralized

ICP20396: The Sarj!

ICP20401: What is going on here!?

ICP20396: Look at that! ::oints back towards the center of the outpost, where blocks of code are breaking apart and scattering like ashes in a bonfire. And the pattern growing in a rapidly expanding circle. The sudden collapse of some out-of-sight structure shook the hanger, nearly knocking the trio off their feet :::

ICP20401: We need to get out of here. Fast!

TF: Sailors take too long to rez in. We don't have that much time.

ICP20396: I'll do it our way. :::runs over to a nearby emergency rezzing station :::

TF: What? You're going to call more ICP's here to their doom?

ICP20396: Relax. Watch this.

activating emergency rezzing station - secondary request accepted. please stand back

::: in front of the rezzing station, a cockpit materializes. ICP20396 runs in ::: Come on!! ::: the other two quickly follow as the wave of code begins to dismantle the hangar. ICP20396 frantically throws some switches and the interior of the complex object sparks to life with pulses of light and primative electronic beeps. The object climbs into the air and more fragments rez in, moving together to form the classic air-support unit - a recognizer. ICP20396 grabs hold of the controls and the menacing-looking device surges forward just moments before the wall of fragmented code consumes them. ICP20396 skillfully manuvers the recognizer through the hangar doors whilst dodging the sailer's energy beam and just behind them the hangar explodes into a million chunks of corrupted data. The recognizer then accelerates safely away from the rapidly growing virus.

TF: ::: takes a deep breath ::: Pretty slick flying...

ICP20396: Now, let's go deal with those rogue programs. ::: manuvers the recognizer into a straddling position over the sailor beam and proceeds to maximum velocity :::

TF: ::: activates his triangulate subroutine and sets it to full power ::: I see them...

'>

harpo989
User

on Sunday, May, 09, 2004 9:44 PM
[comment]woah... that was suitably dramatic ending... [/comment]
*Harpo looks back at the Reco*
uh, oh, just when I thought things had ended...

*Harpo tries to get more power to the engines, but the older system was already operating at peak capacity*

well, Tweaker, it seems we'll be together for a while yet!
*and I'm not sure if my subroutine can help or not, but I suppose it's worth a try... Harpo streches out his hands and the sailer jiters for a moment, then suddenly jots forward twice as fast as before*where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

------------

The Tweaker
User

on Monday, May, 10, 2004 11:34 AM
w00t! An air chase! I love these!!

Well, we have several options here...

1. Run like crazy and hope they don't catch up
2. Drop mines an' such on the energy trail
3. Shoot back, either with hand weapons or... hey, you don't have any rear-facing guns on this sailer, do you?

FirstPrevious Page: of 13 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Game Grid 
 Meanwhile, on a forgotten outpost...