General Discussion 
 The Original TRON Movie Turns 30!

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments:  Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
WorldOutWest
Sector Admin

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 10:09 PM
On July 9, 1982 -- the original TRON movie made its theatrical debut… forever making an indelible impact on sci-fi cinematic history with its incredible artistry, designs, and visual effects. Pop culture delved into the World of TRON then, and never left -- with TRON's glow permeating everything from movies to television, and music to fashion -- generation after generation.

In 2010, TRON's long awaited sequel -- TRON: LEGACY -- unleashed an incredible new visceral experience and passage into this realm for audiences to experience via its ground breaking visual effects and imaginings.

The World of TRON is constantly growing and evolving: the new, highly stylized TRON: UPRISING animated TV series recently debuted to excellent critic and fan reception -- showcasing stories on Disney's X D channel that occur between the original TRON movie and the LEGACY sequel -- and a third TRON live-action theatrical movie is in the works.

Rest assured, this "Journey" is just beginning...

*** On this 30th Anniversary of the original TRON -- free to share how and when you first saw TRON -- which TRON movie/show it was, and your favorite scenes, characters, quotes, vehicles, etc. by posting below!

- Jay West where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Castor from TRON: LEGACY - "Change the scheme..! Alter the mood...! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.."

BanditTron
User

RE: The Original TRON Movie Turns 30!

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 10:17 PM
I'm going to have to do something to celebrate the landmark anniversary!

Man...where is a "Tron 30" shirt when you need it?!?!

KingJ.exe
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 10:44 PM
Happy Rez Day ! May the not come for a long long time! So I know the poster above me saw the first tron in the theatre, who else here did?order abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

Watch me stream TRON 2.0 on my YouTube channel!
https://gaming.youtube.com/channel/UCvvT-h8JK4w1xgKavs35WHg/live

Find the archive here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf9ZcCtZm_CjonNAjms4wKN-p6UuiCMgZ

LIT
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 10:47 PM
To celebrate, i'm wearing my Tron shirt for the whole day. I was originally going to wear my costume, but it's to hot . I might carry my disc with me too . Can't believe it's been 30 years of TRON! Happy 30th Anniversary TRON!!!

(a big thx to FlynnOne for the awesome pic)

Defending The Grid Against All Viruses And Rogue Programs

Minecraft Server: mcthegrid.no-ip.org

_Masquerade_
User

on Sunday, July, 08, 2012 10:56 PM
I remember quite clearly when I first saw Tron. Back when I was six, in 2001, my dad rented a tape from Blockbuster. He apparently had seen Tron at the theater way back then and thought I'd like it. "Like" would be a huge understatement. It became my favorite movie for a long time. In 2002, I got the 20th Anniversary DVD for Christmas, which was a great surprise, as I finally had the opportunity to watch it whenever I pleased. Ever since my first watching of the film, Tron has been a major obsession of mine.

_Masquerade_where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

ShadowDragon1
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 1:12 AM
wow..

Now I feel old... ugh. I was like 7 or 8 yrs old when I saw the movie in the theaters.

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

HooDooMan
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 2:26 AM
KingJ.exe Wrote:Happy Rez Day ! May the not come for a long long time! So I know the poster above me saw the first tron in the theatre, who else here did?

KingJ.exe, I am indeed one of those old guys! LOL!

I was 11 years old when I saw TRON in the theater in 1982. It blew me away and changed my world forever! It's difficult to put into words the profound impact TRON had on me and other kids of my generation. To use a very cliche expression, "You had to be there." You had to be a kid growing up in 1982 to really understand the effect TRON had, and what it meant.

It's the reason I got interested in computers in the first place. It's the reason I was in the IT industry for most of my working career. I still largely work with computers today.

Sometimes, I'll catch myself staring at my computer workstation and wondering if, maybe....just maybe....there's a Grid somewhere inside of it....

Congratulations on your 30th Anniversary, TRON! May the cycles continue to be kind to you!

laphtiya
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 3:17 AM
I am almost as old as TRON!!! awesome Born in 83 so I'll always be that little bit younger I still hold that its better than most movies that are released today.........I use the term movie loosely, should I stay Tron is better than those 2 hour special effect sequences that are out in movies today?

J
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 3:37 AM
Feel a bit old. And VERY geeky, as I've currently got the damn film in my video editing software splicing the deleted scenes from the "extras" DVD into the regular film.

This was the film that enraptured me as a kid - all the beautiful colors! However did my mom stand it other than the fanservice? (She was a Scarecrow & Mrs King buff...) Got me through the Comp Sci course from hell, still gives me the best analogy to use when memorizing motherboard architecture (once I thought of it as a city, the rest clicked), provided a badly-needed chuckle when I finally got my Microsoft Certified Professional certificates and realized I could put MCP on my resume (yeah, I was sleep-deprived, working OT, and my dad was on his deathbed - my brain was fried). It indirectly started me on fanfic (my first attempt at written fic was this universe...), and it's one of the few films that my twin and I can sit down with, giggle, and pass the candy. It was the film that landed me in Fremont with a pair of perfect strangers, cracking jokes about slash-fic while camped out on beach blankets in a parking lot.

Lost track of how many rounds of Deadly Discs my sister and stepdad played. I was never any good at those, but Maze-a-Tron and Solar Sailer, with their emphasis on landmarks and pattern recognition, were two of the few games I could beat my family at. It was one of two reasons I gave Babylon 5 a second chance after the first season bored me to tears (the other reason is that it made much more sense after realizing JMS wrote Captain Power and was shamelessly recycling elements from it). And it was the reason a stray, white, Persian cat who ran into my door had to put up with the moniker "Yori" for a few months.

So raise a glass of energy and pass Alan's stolen popcorn. Thanks for thirty good ones. where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

It's an entire universe in there, one we created, but it's beyond us now. Really. It's outgrown us. You know, every time you shut off your computer...do you know what you're doing? Have you ever reformatted a hard drive? Deleted old software? Destroyed an entire universe?"

-- Jet Bradley, Tron: Ghost in the Machine on why being a User isn't necessarily a good thing.

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 4:20 AM
It would be so awesome if something were to be announced today.

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Kat
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 8:02 AM
Still wishing I could see it in a theater (it's exactly four months older than I am, so, no dice back in the day. I did, apparently, "see" ET in the theater as my mom went while pregnant, but I know no luck with Tron as it wouldn't have been her kind of movie). But I swear to this day I remember seeing the poster at the video rental store my grandpa/uncle used to have when I was a kid. I vaguely remember knowing it was something about video games. No idea why I even remember this or why they apparently had the poster up for years.

J Wrote:However did my mom stand it other than the fanservice? (She was a Scarecrow & Mrs King buff...) Got me through the Comp Sci course from hell, still gives me the best analogy to use when memorizing motherboard architecture (once I thought of it as a city, the rest clicked),

Yeah for your mom! My mom, a few months back, confessed a "small thing" for Bruce back in his S & MK days. LOL. Who would've guessed.

I'd been imagining circuit boards as cities for years... who knew I was a Tron fan in training??

Hrm, can't even celebrate. Somehow playing with my T:L diecasts wouldn't quite be the thing, I don't think. Maybe I need to watch the movie tonight.... haven't done it yet since I finally found a used copy a couple weeks ago. Maybe I need to dust off my T82-based fics and try to finish as well.where to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

What do you want? I'm busy.

Program, please!

Chaos.... good news.

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 8:55 AM
30 years.

How about that?

I was 10 years old when I saw TRON in 1982 with my late old man. It's all the more fitting in Legacy when Sam finds his father in his safehouse, as if I actually found my old man again. It was also that year I was transfixed with GIJoe big time. There was Poltergeist. E.T. Blade Runner. And of course, I got to see Raiders of the Lost Ark when it was viewed at a smaller venue, a year later.

This franchise should be extremely fortunate, especially Disney, now that there exists a true epicenter of all things TRON to celebrate it.

And that is us right here on Tron-Sector. Because we were all there in the beginning.

Cheers! Here's hoping to more TRON in the future!

abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 8:58 AM
BanditTron Wrote:I'm going to have to do something to celebrate the landmark anniversary!

Man...where is a "Tron 30" shirt when you need it?!?!

Better yet. WHY did'nt Disney think of doing 30th Anniversary edition figures or collectibles? Fortunately, I have the 20th anniversary edition light cycles and figures .abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

emdeesee
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 9:42 AM

Yeah, 1982, baby!

We got 8-bit graphics up in this.
Where my floppy discs at?

Where're my flippy floppies, flippy floppies?

Tron, baby,
Now it's Legacy.

Take us out, bit.

Yes yes no yes no no yes no no
yes yes yes
no no no
yes no yes no yes no yes
no no yes yes
no no no
yes no yes
yes no yes no
yes yes yes
no yes no no yesabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Pilgrim1099
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 10:08 AM
emdeesee Wrote:
Yeah, 1982, baby!

We got 8-bit graphics up in this.
Where my floppy discs at?

Where're my flippy floppies, flippy floppies?

Tron, baby,
Now it's Legacy.

Take us out, bit.

Yes yes no yes no no yes no no
yes yes yes
no no no
yes no yes no yes no yes
no no yes yes
no no no
yes no yes
yes no yes no
yes yes yes
no yes no no yes

LOL. Is that Dumont DJ-ing? I can picture Daft Punk telling him to move over and take over the turntable rig.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pillwhere to buy abortion pill http://blog.bitimpulse.com/template/default.aspx?abortion-types buy abortion pill online

MCPcomputer
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 11:22 AM

This is so awesome! Time to write some new programs!!

Happy 30th TRON! me and Tron turn 30 about the same time.

Well this looks promising...

Greetings programs!!!

Let's all watch TRON today.

"I want him in the games until he dies playing" -MCP
The Grid a Physical Frontier funny Tron Videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaMViP_QtZ8

becktherenegade
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 12:04 PM
HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY

now time to go pull out the DVD and watch it....

"why do you want programs to think he's alive?"
"maybe he is. and maybe if others think so too, theyll be braver, think for themesleves some more, not sit still for clu's rules"
-Beck

EXODUS
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 12:16 PM
That's TODAY! I forgot all about it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, TRON!

I like the idea of having a massive party at the End of Line Club! Everyone partying all night long, and staggering out drunk at 3 am....

retrorandy
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 1:27 PM
Happy 30th Anniversary TRON, and yes I too am one of the old skoolers. My big sis took me to see TRON in 1982 at the Southland Mall movie theaters in Hayward, CA. She was a big ole sci-fi geek and loved the original Star Trek & Space 1999. I loved TRON, but I will have to admit that as a 13 year old I had a hard time wrapping my mind around what they were talking about, but the movie looked way cool.

When I got to school the next day all of my friends were talking about it too. All the kids in my neighborhood had gone to see it. There really was a great advertising campaign leading up to the movie.

TRON was such a colorful and wonderful movie. It truly was like nothing I'd ever seen and to this day it still stands the test of time. There's no other movie that looks like it (or ever will, considering the unique way it was made) and it's crazy when you think about all the incredible work, time, labor, talent, and pure artistry that went into TRON.

Fast forward many years later I got the opportunity to meet and later work for Cindy Morgan (Lora/Yori). She's just as kind, smart, and sweet as her characters in the movie. So now I experience a little bit of TRON everyday. It was an honor to meet TRON (Bruce Boxleitner too), pardon me while I gay out a little, but he's just so damn handsome & charming. Plus, my other sis & I used to watch him on Scarecrow & Mrs. King all the time.

Perhaps I'm biased, but when I watch TRON now Yori brings it all together and adds so much heart & sweetness to the movie. So much of Yori/Lora is Cindy Morgan. The whole movie is such a rare breed, way ahead of its time as far as predicting what was about to happen with the explosion of computers in our day to day lives & the internet.

As usual I'm a little long winded, but thank you Cindy Morgan & Bruce Boxleitner for continuing to keep the ideas of TRON alive in interviews and at conventions! Thank you TRON Sector for allowing us to have a place for everything TRON & all the other talented people who made TRON. It's an amazing tribute to their talent that we're still celebrating their wonderful film 30 years later.

P.S. If you're at San Diego Comic Con (aka ComiTRON 2012) next week Cindy & Bruce (Yori & TRON) will be signing together! Make sure to stop by and congratulate them on a job well done. Those 2 still have such wonderful banter & chemistry together. Can't wait to watch the Making of TRON panel they did yesterday with Harrison Ellenshaw, Richard Taylor, & Mike Bonifer at Pop Con LA.

abortion pills online abortion questions cytotec abortion

CluLives
User

on Monday, July, 09, 2012 3:26 PM
Yes, today is Tron's 30th anniversary, but it is also (and, more importantly, I'm told) my wife's 30th birthday. She was not only born the same year Tron was released, but the same exact day.

People ask me if that is why I married her, to which I reply no... but it doesn't hurt :-)

Happy birthday Tron (and Sarah!)

xoxoabortion pills online abortion pill online purchase cytotec abortion

Page: of 2 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
  General Discussion