Status Bar 
 What's with your name??

New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
AuthorComments: FirstPrevious Page: of 21 PagesNextLast
TRACE on
User

Re: What's with your name??

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2008 1:49 PM
I have used Tron as a username on forums and at any situation in real life that called for a nickname. However, a couple of years ago I wanted something different that isn't so obvious but still envokes Tron.

Trace on is the meaning of the old Basic command 'tron' that turns on line numbers for debugging a program. It is the opposite of 'troff', or trace off. I'm sure some people on this site already know that heh.

Now, TRACE on is also my X-Box Live gamertag. If anybody plays Halo 3, let me know!

"Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs will start thinking and the people will stop."

Cam_the_Man
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2008 2:48 PM
TRACE on Wrote:I have used Tron as a username on forums and at any situation in real life that called for a nickname. However, a couple of years ago I wanted something different that isn't so obvious but still envokes Tron.

Trace on is the meaning of the old Basic command 'tron' that turns on line numbers for debugging a program. It is the opposite of 'troff', or trace off. I'm sure some people on this site already know that heh.

Now, TRACE on is also my X-Box Live gamertag. If anybody plays Halo 3, let me know!

A common msconception, the name TRON is actually taken from the word elecTRONic. Still, welcome to TRON-Sector!

where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill onlineabortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

In the midst of Team Fortress 2:
TRON.dll: (Captures the intelligence) "I have take the intelligence and it will cause meltdown!"
Cam_the_Man: "No! Not all of Dallas!"

TRACE on
User

on Tuesday, August, 12, 2008 5:52 PM
If you are referring to the naming of the movie, I am aware that Steven Lisberger did not name it after the basic command. I just like the name TRACE on because it still indicates the word Tron, even if not the movie specifically.

It's good to finally get registered at Tron-Sector. I've been stopping by for who knows how long.where to buy abortion pill ordering abortion pills to be shipped to house buy abortion pill online

"Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs will start thinking and the people will stop."

ShadowDragon1
User

on Saturday, August, 16, 2008 2:49 PM
Shadow:
In the span in-between Light {Yang} and Darkness {Yin}is Shadow {Mei, Kage, Yu, Fu-Y'ing}, the spiritual and philosophical mysteries and the esoteric are like the shadows of somthing greater.

Dragon: A great mythical creature of great wisdom and power, they are the keepers of valuable treasures, either of the material variety or of another sort of "treasure": great ancient tomes of lore, and lost knowledge.
They are masters of true magic and know many secrets.

1 : the first, while there may be many emerging from one, there was always the origin point. 1 is Binary for "on", and my mind is always "on", "aware" and "awake",
I am the furthest thing from being a "sheep" or a "slave"...

I am a User that is my name "ShadowDragon1"
Thus many of these traits applyy to myself, so I am "ShadowDragon1"abortion pills online http://www.kvicksundscupen.se/template/default.aspx?abortion-questions cytotec abortion

"The film is about finding human connection in an increasingly digital world." - Joseph Kosinski

achilles
User

on Tuesday, August, 19, 2008 5:32 PM
...because achilles was a badass

isMetaClass
User

on Tuesday, August, 26, 2008 5:34 PM

"class_isMetaClass" is an Objective-C programming language function
i had been reviewing a reference guide before i created my profile and something programming related seemed appropriate

Legion Of The Disney-raised, proud member

Frequency NecroKat
User

on Wednesday, September, 03, 2008 7:50 PM
NecroKat: it means I'm a very dead kitty-cat.
Frequency: you have to admit it's a cool sounding word.

NecroKat has been my screen name since I was about 11 or 12. One week, our artist friend from Sacramento came down. My mom had known since forever from her IRC role playing group, so she finally paid a visit. She would draw us stuff and was awesomely weird. She introduced me to Manga and really sparked my interest in art. I loved her screen-name "necroxfish" so much that I based mine off hers. Necrocat wasn't very cool looking, so I tossed my Spelling nazi ways aside and changed it to NecroKat.

Since then I've used it as my artist alias (although my dA is under Nelrylia, because I didn't want to sound too much like necroxfish, who's on there), pen-name, and sign-up name for just about everything I've ever signed or signed up for. If you see a NK somewhere on the internet, it's a solid 98.73% that it's me.

As for how the 'Frequency' part got in, I really just thought it sounded cool when I was spicing up my pen name on FF.net. So I stuck it on.

-~-~-~'Re-Rezz Ram!'~-~-~-

TRON.dll Wrote:Oh, and Frequency, I noticed somethin about your sig. Flynn looks like Han Solo, Ram looks like Bill S. Preston, and TRON looks like some other movie character not played by Boxleitner.
Orionsaint Wrote: Actually they look like an 80's new wave group.

TRON.dll
User

on Wednesday, September, 03, 2008 7:59 PM
Hey, welcome to TRON-Sector! I just realized something about that pic in your siggie: look at Jeff Bridges, he looks just like Han Solo (1980's Harrison Ford). Bruce Boxleitner looks like some other character that I can't think of. RAM (forgot the actor's name) looks just like Bill S. Preston. lolorder abortion pill morning after pill price where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

Neuromancer
User

on Wednesday, September, 17, 2008 3:11 AM
It´s from a William Gibson novel. William Gibson was somehow a cyberpunk guru some years ago.
The movie Johnny Mnemonic is based in Neuromancer.order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

END OF LINE

pathfinder
User

on Monday, October, 13, 2008 4:54 AM
(repost)

My name around the net tends to be PathfinderAP
But just Pathfinder when I can get away with it, lol
the AP are just my initials

The Pathfinder name was because I don't tend to stick to trodden ground, I like to push the envolope find new ground, new ways, and delivering links LOL,

Its not just philosophical but practical

bartley
User

on Thursday, November, 06, 2008 12:35 PM
bartley is my real name, i use it because "how many Bartleys do you know?"
where to buy abortion pill abortion types buy abortion pill online

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, November, 06, 2008 12:45 PM
My girl gave me my name... She says "Your a very LUCKYMAN".. So ive been using it since Medal of Honor days for PC back in 2000... Been using that name ever since... Besides im well known with that name in the PC FPS community!!!

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

and DISCS OF ARCADE OWNER!
- USERS WROTE US, A USER EVEN WROTE YOU!

LUCKYMAN
User

on Thursday, November, 06, 2008 12:48 PM
Frequency NecroKat Wrote:NecroKat: it means I'm a very dead kitty-cat.
Frequency: you have to admit it's a cool sounding word.

NecroKat has been my screen name since I was about 11 or 12. One week, our artist friend from Sacramento came down. My mom had known since forever from her IRC role playing group, so she finally paid a visit. She would draw us stuff and was awesomely weird. She introduced me to Manga and really sparked my interest in art. I loved her screen-name "necroxfish" so much that I based mine off hers. Necrocat wasn't very cool looking, so I tossed my Spelling nazi ways aside and changed it to NecroKat.

Since then I've used it as my artist alias (although my dA is under Nelrylia, because I didn't want to sound too much like necroxfish, who's on there), pen-name, and sign-up name for just about everything I've ever signed or signed up for. If you see a NK somewhere on the internet, it's a solid 98.73% that it's me.

As for how the 'Frequency' part got in, I really just thought it sounded cool when I was spicing up my pen name on FF.net. So I stuck it on.

Nice pic in your sig... Also they look like MOTOR CROSS bike racers!!!...lol Wheres there bike helmets???

: Intel QX9650 3.0 12mb cache/ Intel X38bt/ Thermaltake V2/ EVGA GTX280 FTW editon(670mhz,1024mb)/ 2 gig DDR3/ X-FI FATAL1TY/(2) 150 gig WD Raptors/ Samsung 2232BW/ Razor Trantula keyboard/ Razor Diamond back mouse/Thermaltake Armor case

and DISCS OF ARCADE OWNER!
- USERS WROTE US, A USER EVEN WROTE YOU!

veganxchris
User
" />

on Saturday, January, 10, 2009 5:18 PM
well, my name is pretty simple I'm a vegan (I don't eat or use anything that comes from an animal of any sort) the 'x' in my name represents the fact that I am straight edge (I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs) and my name is chris so there you go!

"What program???"

Oniell Ford
User

on Tuesday, January, 13, 2009 10:08 PM
Well, my name is pretty obvious and stupid. I'm Oniell Ford. It's a name I use a little too much...

However, I was intending to use a diffrent name like OniellFord.EXE or Ford.User or Ford742.EXE

But oh well. I got this name and I'm fine with it.... for now.. order abortion pill http://unclejohnsprojects.com/template/default.aspx?morning-after-pill-price where to buy abortion pill

My username on TRON 2.0 is VWrath.User
If you want to play, PM me on this site or contact me on Steam.

"Tron is the jesus of breakfast cerials" - Ticklemetastic (A TRON fan on Steam)

Ianlis
User

on Tuesday, January, 20, 2009 11:15 AM
My name is a version of Ianorder abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

Master-cylinder
User

on Monday, May, 18, 2009 12:32 AM
Master-Cylinder: odd name right?

Well it's not a version of MCP if thats what your'e thinking

My dad used to be a programmer/computer technician and he used the name for some programs. I adopted it since it sounded -y enough so I use it and developed a character with it.
The Character is a independent or "hacker" security program who's constantly competing with ICPS for a spot in command. (i'll draw him and re post him here some timeor use him for an avatar)
Ilater found out Master-Cylinder was a villian from Tom-Terrific. . .go figure. . .

Hurray for our side. . .

Master-cylinder
User

on Monday, May, 18, 2009 12:32 AM
Master-Cylinder: odd name right?

Well it's not a version of MCP if thats what your'e thinking

My dad used to be a programmer/computer technician and he used the name for some programs. I adopted it since it sounded -y enough so I used it and developed a character with it.
The Character is a independent or "hacker" security program who's constantly competing with ICPS for a spot in command. (i'll draw him and re post him here some timeor use him for an avatar)
I later found out Master-Cylinder was a villian from Tom-Terrific. . .go figure. . .

Hurray for our side. . .

Daddyo
User

on Monday, May, 18, 2009 2:25 PM
master cylinder was also a character in a goofy cartoon called 'felix the cat', some kind of robot I think...

TRON.dll
User

on Monday, May, 18, 2009 3:49 PM
Daddyo Wrote:master cylinder was also a character in a goofy cartoon called 'felix the cat', some kind of robot I think...

Oh yeah, I remember that!

Then they gave him muscles, a laz0r, and made him the size of the empire state building for that crappy anime movie.order abortion pill abortion pill buy online where to buy abortion pill

TRON 2.0 (PC) name - TRON.dll
I'll play any mode, but I'm best at LC.

PSN - TRON-dll
XBOX Live/Games for Windows Live - TRONdll
-I have a Wii, DS, and 3DS. PM me to exchange friend codes.

FirstPrevious Page: of 21 PagesNextLast
New New Comments | Post No Change | Locked Closed
Forums 
 Status Bar 
 What's with your name??